Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

I just remembered this horror movie I saw a few years back. It had a terrible B-movie vibe to it with no-name actors, so I know it wasn't a big Hollywood production. It could have been straight to video for all I know, but I saw it on cable way back when.

All I remember is a group(?) of friends go hiking in some forest and come across a horribly inbred and deformed human monster thing that may have been a vengeful spirit of some sort. The kicker is he drove a giant armored monster truck from hell that ran each of them over one by one until it's just a single girl that's left. I think she somehow makes it to civilization and runs across a detective(?) who is investigating all the disappearances around the county and happens to know of inbred monster truck driver. They both go back into the forest and find a lone cabin in the woods that was once inhabited by inbred guy and find a man in a wheelchair with no legs that taunts them both over and over again, "He's gunna git'cha, hahahaha!" I think the wheelchair guy may have been the father of the inbred monster truck driver. I think dad or lone girl gets eviscerated somehow, and there may have been some witchcraft involved in that, but don't quote me on that.

The main thing is the deformed inbred guy driving an armored monster truck from hell chasing people down that wander into his forest.

Definitely Monster Man. It can be found by searching for the immortal quote "I WAS GONNA gently caress MY SISTER MAN....WAAAAAAHHHHHHH". :)

Definitely one of the most hilarious and ridiculous movies I have ever seen. I recommend it to anyone in the thread that likes decent B movies. The acting is even tolerable and it definitely doesn't take it's self seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schistosity
May 15, 2009

The oval office Pickle, yours sounds familiar. I had no luck searching for it. However it did remind me of a movie we used to get out of the library as a kid.

I barely remember anything, and I had no luck searching for the keywords on imdb. It's from 20+ years ago. It's a family movie where a black family moves to a new place, where it's haunted or something. They eventually find out that the 'ghost' is actually another black guy who isolated himself because he was lonely or something. It shows how he made the place look haunted. He lived in this hidden place underground or behind some panels in the house. The title had a name in it I think. I can't remember more details, but it was scary for a 5 year old.

Topper Harley
Jul 6, 2005
You have the whitest white part of the eyes I've ever seen. Do you floss?

Schistosity posted:

The oval office Pickle, yours sounds familiar. I had no luck searching for it. However it did remind me of a movie we used to get out of the library as a kid.

I barely remember anything, and I had no luck searching for the keywords on imdb. It's from 20+ years ago. It's a family movie where a black family moves to a new place, where it's haunted or something. They eventually find out that the 'ghost' is actually another black guy who isolated himself because he was lonely or something. It shows how he made the place look haunted. He lived in this hidden place underground or behind some panels in the house. The title had a name in it I think. I can't remember more details, but it was scary for a 5 year old.

Was it The House of Dies Drear?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264696/

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

The oval office Pickle posted:

This one may be a very long shot since I was the movie close to 20 years ago. This does contain spoilers because I didn't know how else to describe it!

It was when the Disney channel was pretty new in the U.S. and played a few more young adult oriented movies at night. It must have been in the early 90's and the movie looked fairly new to me at the time of viewing. I remember it being the weekend and I kept the TV on while I slept. I woke up at about 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. I got stuck in this movie and I didn't sleep until the next night.

I remember the movie had actors that spoke in either a British or Australian accent (I was young and in East Tennessee- I couldn't tell them apart). The movie opened with a disembodied head following this kid around screaming "Barnaby Jones is dead" until the kid eventually fainted. He woke up and it was all a dream, only to discover Barnaby Jones was a distant relative who had died that night. They venture to his estate and the family learn that old uncle Barnaby was a freak with all sorts of supernatural powers and he discovered that these powers were genetic and he had spent his life trying to figure out what kid from that family had them too. The whole movie you're led to believe it's the kid from the opening scene, only to discover it's his sister and keeping these powers secret has driven her nearly insane- as old Barnaby went insane.

The whole movie is creepy as gently caress in my memory and I would love to see it again just to see what the gently caress was going on from an adult perspective. I've searched for years to no avail.

Thanks to anyone who gives it a shot.

The Haunting of Barney Palmer

The Cunt Pickle
Sep 7, 2010

Arturo Ui posted:

The Haunting of Barney Palmer

Holy poo poo. That's it. :aaa:

Color me impressed. Anyone I have ever described that movie to has looked at me like I was insane. Thanks!

And I totally just found a place to watch it streaming. :allears:

The Cunt Pickle fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Nov 9, 2010

Schistosity
May 15, 2009

Topper Harley posted:

Was it The House of Dies Drear?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0264696/

Yes! Awesome, thanks.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

One from my wife:

It's a movie about a little girl who, during WW2, is sent to live in a boarding home of some kind. Her father is very wealthy, so she is afforded several special privileges. Later, the school believes her father has died, so they remove all of those privileges. She soon begins to get in trouble for telling fanciful stories, and is forced to live in the attic with a black girl who listens to her stories.

She isn't 100% sure on the WW2 part, but she says it starts off with a war scene in Africa. That, together with children being sent to live in boarding homes, screams WW2 in England to me.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it myself with a little Google magic. It's "A Little Princess."

Devorum fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Nov 13, 2010

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

There was some movie that came out sometime in the mid-90's about mystical creatures (I seem to recall them looking like squirrels) that had to harness the powers of the five elements (fire, earth, water, wood, metal) for some reason I can't remember. It was definitely marketed as a family movie. That's all I remember. Any ideas at all?

Edit - I found it. It was Warriors of Virtue and it was apparently really bad!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 15, 2010

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

This was a short film that I believe was part of the SciFi channel's kick-rear end Exposure series that showcased awesome little sci-fi/horror/etc shorts. I probably saw it in the early 2000's during Exposure's original run.

So, basically, this guy wakes up in a room, all white and kind of hospital-y or like a clean prison cell. He has been imprisoned by an enemy of his (idk what he had done to piss off the enemy in question). Basically, there is a bomb that will kill him in a certain amount of time (located either in the room or implanted within him; I don't remember). Oh, did I mention implanted objects? The guy realizes, after waking, that his body is covered in all of these large, roughly-healed lumps, each containing an egg-like container. The key to his escape is in one of the eggs. He has been left with a scalpel. Happy hunting!

It was QUITE graphic. Such a mindfuck for a younger SimianNinja.

I can spoil the ending if that would help jog any memories, otherwise I'll leave it up to your imagination! :)

E: Actually, it might have been that a bomb was going to kill his children, located in another room, or something like that, instead of merely killing the protag

Also, NO, it's NOT Saw; if anything, Saw stole the idea from this short film! (I think there's a similar thing goin' on in one of those stupid movies?)

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 15, 2010

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

SimianNinja posted:

This was a short film that I believe was part of the SciFi channel's kick-rear end Exposure series that showcased awesome little sci-fi/horror/etc shorts. I probably saw it in the early 2000's during Exposure's original run.

So, basically, this guy wakes up in a room, all white and kind of hospital-y or like a clean prison cell. He has been imprisoned by an enemy of his (idk what he had done to piss off the enemy in question). Basically, there is a bomb that will kill him in a certain amount of time (located either in the room or implanted within him; I don't remember). Oh, did I mention implanted objects? The guy realizes, after waking, that his body is covered in all of these large, roughly-healed lumps, each containing an egg-like container. The key to his escape is in one of the eggs. He has been left with a scalpel. Happy hunting!

I can spoil the ending if that would help jog any memories, otherwise I'll leave it up to your imagination! :)

E: Actually, it might have been that a bomb was going to kill his children, located in another room, or something like that, instead of merely killing the protag

Also, NO, it's NOT Saw; if anything, Saw stole the idea from this short film! (I think there's a similar thing goin' on in one of those stupid movies?)

Could it be the short movie the saw guys made before saw? It's called Saw

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I remember reading something online, probably somewhere on SA, about a film where the filmmakers took their lead actor, who had never handled a gun before, and put him in a situation where his character needs to use one to save his life. I seem to recall whoever was talking about it saying it was pretty interesting having this actor actually trying to figure out how to use a gun (I think it was an AK-type of weapon) on screen so his character can make it out alive.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Slasherfan posted:

Could it be the short movie the saw guys made before saw? It's called Saw

Thanks for the interesting response! :) That does seem kinda similar, but I distinctly remember it was multiple little containers with possibility of key (like on arms, legs, stomach, etc) on the guy himself, not another dude... Maybe the Saw guys made a Saw 0.1 before that 0.5 version?

I'll never find this... :(

CHOICE COD
Mar 11, 2007
Sometimes I'll eat money. Just to do it. Just to see how it feels. It feels good, it feels powerful.

SimianNinja posted:

I found some links that might help out (especially if you can somehow remember the title).

List of (some/most?) episodes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244342/board/flat/134578383

And here's an archived list of episodes with plot synopses, but it looks like only the first 40 titles are archived: http://web.archive.org/web/20080419043753/bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.php/10/1

Someone on the IMDB forums asked about the same short but nobody had an answer, so good luck.

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

CHOICE COD posted:

I found some links that might help out (especially if you can somehow remember the title).

List of (some/most?) episodes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0244342/board/flat/134578383

And here's an archived list of episodes with plot synopses, but it looks like only the first 40 titles are archived: http://web.archive.org/web/20080419043753/bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.php/10/1

Someone on the IMDB forums asked about the same short but nobody had an answer, so good luck.

wow those are awesome finds!

"From what I remember, a man was going to his car in a parking garage, when he is knocked unconscious. He wakes up in a small, tiled room, with a TV. A video reveals the kidnapper's daughter died from swallowing a plastic egg this guy makes, and that several of the same eggs have been sealed under his skin with a laser. In one of the eggs is a key or something to prevent a bomb from killing him. The knife given to him is the same knife used to remove the plastic egg from the young girl's throat. The man then proceeds to cut out the eggs looking for the key, and there are words on pieces of paper in each egg that reveal some message. After he cuts out the eggs and finds no key, he sighs, and leans back against the wall, realizing there is one more egg in his back. He frantically tries to reach, but doesn't manage to remove it before the explosion. "

anybody? :/

coolguy90000
Jul 31, 2008
Hello everyone!

I'm trying to remember the name of this short film I once watched on The Movie Network about 4 years ago.

It involved a young girl walking down a dirt road. A station wagon drives up behind her and the driver pokes his head out to ask the girl directions. She tells him, then speaks with him for a bit. He keeps asking her if she wants a ride and she slowly realizes she should get away from the man. She runs into the woods next to the road and the man gets out of his car and chases her for a while. The man eventually runs out of breath, and seems to have a heart attack or something. He falls to the ground and the girl continues running. She gets to her home, a small house in the middle of a grassy field. Her mother is outside hanging up laundry and asks wheres shes been and why she is so sweaty and dirty. The girl breaks down and starts crying.

That was the end of it, if I remember correctly.

If anyone knows the name of the short please let me know!!

lathode
Mar 29, 2010
[Spoilers]About 10 years ago I watched a movie about a fake reality. It focused on a man who knew something was wrong and he met a woman in a library and they started to figure out th truth. They get out of the fake reality and see the world is a mess, poverty everywhere and whatnot. They found out people are in the fake reality in order to cope with life. But they keep pushing and find out that world is also fake, that it was made for people who didn't accept the other reality.. There were 3 fake realities I believe, then they find the machine that created the fake realities and destroyed it.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

lathode posted:

[Spoilers]About 10 years ago I watched a movie about a fake reality. It focused on a man who knew something was wrong and he met a woman in a library and they started to figure out th truth. They get out of the fake reality and see the world is a mess, poverty everywhere and whatnot. They found out people are in the fake reality in order to cope with life. But they keep pushing and find out that world is also fake, that it was made for people who didn't accept the other reality.. There were 3 fake realities I believe, then they find the machine that created the fake realities and destroyed it.
Except for the ending, this sounds a lot like eXistenZ

lathode
Mar 29, 2010

westborn posted:

Except for the ending, this sounds a lot like eXistenZ

Nope, although i'll look into that movie, sounds interesting. A little more info, I think the movie starts out with the guy driving his new car to a dealership in the morning before work and getting a new car, and he does this pretty much every day, gets a new car. At the end when they destroy the machine they see the world like it really is, everything is tan I believe with bar codes on every object. I guess it's more like the world is a giant holodeck, there's a few different realities, or simulations but the people are real and the objects are to a point. Hard to explain, doesn't help my memory of the movie is a bit faded.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

60's or 70's (I think?) sci-fi horror movie about aliens from mars invading earth, but in secret, and turning humans into mind-controlled minions.

A boy at school becomes the one to realize this as one of his teachers is turned into a minion, and you can tell if one is turned by looking at the back of their neck. Boy teams up with school nurse.

There is a scene where you see the teacher speak to the alien master in the spaceship.

Spaceship is underground, and there is a scene where two men are walking and then get sucked into the ground. They get turned too and later show up in the army base where the kid is, I think.

That's all I seem to remember. :shobon:

Nevermind, it's actually a remake of a 50's movie made in 1986 called Invaders from Mars. :doh:

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 16, 2010

Space Flyman
May 21, 2007

BATMAN HE WILL CATCH ALL BADDY!
I only remember one scene from whatever movie this was, but the memory is pretty vivid even though I was quite young at the time.

It was some kind of naval/war film, I'm guessing from the '50s or '60s. The only part I remember involved a ship breaking down. The guys on the ship opened up some sort of door in the floor that led to the ship's engine. An Asian guy went down through this door in an attempt to fix whatever the problem was. The gears and stuff started back up again, and this guy was crushed/mangled by the machinery. I'm pretty sure you saw some blood on a big gear wheel.

That's all I've got. I saw this a very long time ago, but that one scene stuck in my head.

Mouser..
Apr 1, 2010

Space Flyman posted:

I only remember one scene from whatever movie this was, but the memory is pretty vivid even though I was quite young at the time.

It was some kind of naval/war film, I'm guessing from the '50s or '60s. The only part I remember involved a ship breaking down. The guys on the ship opened up some sort of door in the floor that led to the ship's engine. An Asian guy went down through this door in an attempt to fix whatever the problem was. The gears and stuff started back up again, and this guy was crushed/mangled by the machinery. I'm pretty sure you saw some blood on a big gear wheel.

That's all I've got. I saw this a very long time ago, but that one scene stuck in my head.

The Sand Pebbles

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I've finally got one that's got me stumped. Apparently while my mother was pregnant (so taking place in the year 1975) she saw a portion of a movie before walking out. It would seem to be a proto-slasher of sorts because early in the film there was a gruesome murder and she left.

Detail-wise, it appeared to take place in a hospital setting and a lunatic broke a bottle or a beaker and "gutted" a nurse in a closet.

She thinks it didn't look terribly low budget and was definitely in a theater. I don't know if it's accurate but she was surprised by the violence and had the impression the movie was a totally different genre, perhaps even comedy. Maybe it was advertised in a way that could mislead or she may have just walked into the wrong theater, can't say.

So 1975 (or perhaps a reissue of an early 1970s movie) possible proto slasher where a nurse is a broken bottle or beaker in a hospital like setting. I've wandered through keyword searches with IMDb but I have no way of knowing if the entire film is in a hospital because she walked out of it early on. It could be a slasher movie where the killer merely made his first kill in a hospital with the goal of escape or something.

Any ideas?

Space Flyman
May 21, 2007

BATMAN HE WILL CATCH ALL BADDY!

Mouser.. posted:

The Sand Pebbles

Fantastic! This definitely sounds like it. Can't find the clip online, but I'll have to check out the DVD as it sounds like a pretty interesting movie anyway.

Thank you for solving a long-held hazy childhood memory. I think the only reason this stuck in my head for so long is because it was probably the most gruesome thing I'd seen at the time (very young) and it was just one of those images that burns itself into your brain for eternity.

Gyver
Jun 24, 2005

My entire life has been full of wrong choices.

lathode posted:

I know exactly which movie you're talking about, but I can't remember the name. The word aurora keeps coming to mind but I can't find anything.

Some added detail for this movie:

1. The main characte works in some sort of advertising agency, and he's put on a team advertising "Aurora" (the name maybe wrong but I know that its the same as the name of the movie.)
2. He is the only person to ask the question, "what is Aurora?" No one else on the team knows, and thinks he is stupid for asking.
3. The different levels of the machine:
1. Modern day, overall normal
2. Post nuclear, black and white, everyone is dieing from radiation poisoning/horribly disfigured.
3. Back to normal (I'm not absolutely sure about this one)
4. The final level, everyone is wearing paper gowns, and everything is made out of cardboard (a memorable part involves a marching band playing various sizes of toilet paper rolls.

I hope this helps.

Edit: Identified Virtual Nightmare by donquixotic

Gyver fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 18, 2010

LADoMAN
Oct 29, 2007
Lately my life's been all Jekyll and no Hyde...

Gyver posted:

I know exactly which movie you're talking about, but I can't remember the name. The word aurora keeps coming to mind but I can't find anything.

Some added detail for this movie:

1. The main characte works in some sort of advertising agency, and he's put on a team advertising "Aurora" (the name maybe wrong but I know that its the same as the name of the movie.)
2. He is the only person to ask the question, "what is Aurora?" No one else on the team knows, and thinks he is stupid for asking.
3. The different levels of the machine:
1. Modern day, overall normal
2. Post nuclear, black and white, everyone is dieing from radiation poisoning/horribly disfigured.
3. Back to normal (I'm not absolutely sure about this one)
4. The final level, everyone is wearing paper gowns, and everything is made out of cardboard (a memorable part involves a marching band playing various sizes of toilet paper rolls.

I hope this helps.

Is it The Thirteenth Floor?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/

I have one of my own, the movie centers around a family that adopts a boy because his own family died or something like that (It is later revealed that he was responsible for some if not all of the deaths, one of them is a baby girl who drowned in a tub) The movie also shows the kid throwing off a human-like doll from a bridge onto a busy road to gently caress stuff up, and i think the movie ends with the mother having to choose between the two boys..

Now I'm not entirely sure of the facts above, I might get two movies mixed together (That happens a lot) Anyway, hopefully some movie buff can shed some light on it..

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

LADoMAN posted:

I have one of my own, the movie centers around a family that adopts a boy because his own family died or something like that (It is later revealed that he was responsible for some if not all of the deaths, one of them is a baby girl who drowned in a tub) The movie also shows the kid throwing off a human-like doll from a bridge onto a busy road to gently caress stuff up, and i think the movie ends with the mother having to choose between the two boys..

Now I'm not entirely sure of the facts above, I might get two movies mixed together (That happens a lot) Anyway, hopefully some movie buff can shed some light on it..

Parts of this sound like L'Enfance Nue.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

LADoMAN posted:

Is it The Thirteenth Floor?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139809/

The tub and the sophie's choice at the end sounds like The Good Son.

LADoMAN
Oct 29, 2007
Lately my life's been all Jekyll and no Hyde...

morestuff posted:

The tub and the sophie's choice at the end sounds like The Good Son.

Yes that is the one, it even had the mr. highway doll, thanks alot goon :D

Got another one for you, strangely enough it's also about a hosed up family dynamic..

In the movie the mother of a family dies and it revolves around one of the two sisters trying to take over the moms place, cooking dinner, trying to seduce the dad and even scaring away dads new girlfriend, not much to go on i know, but thats what i remember..
Oh, the sister also starts wearing the moms clothes and perfumes iirc..

LADoMAN fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 17, 2010

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Not quite a movie search but, I'm enough of a dork to legitimately enjoy a lot of memes and I was watching some different Ievan Polkka videos on YouTube and found this one. After searching through the comments I found out it is from a movie called "On lautalla pienoinen kahvila"n or "Savotan Sanni", I was wondering if there is any way to legally obtain this movie in the US.

Captain Equinox
Sep 15, 2005

By day a mild-mannered college professor, by night Kiki, go-go dancer at the Pussycat Club. But twice a year, he's... CAPTAIN EQUINOX!

LADoMAN posted:

Got another one for you, strangely enough it's also about a hosed up family dynamic..

In the movie the mother of a family dies and it revolves around one of the two sisters trying to take over the moms place, cooking dinner, trying to seduce the dad and even scaring away dads new girlfriend, not much to go on i know, but thats what i remember..
Oh, the sister also starts wearing the moms clothes and perfumes iirc..

Sounds like it might be Wicked.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120088/

donquixotic
May 1, 2007

lathode posted:

About 10 years ago I watched a movie about a fake reality. It focused on a man who knew something was wrong and he met a woman in a library and they started to figure out th truth. They get out of the fake reality and see the world is a mess, poverty everywhere and whatnot. They found out people are in the fake reality in order to cope with life. But they keep pushing and find out that world is also fake, that it was made for people who didn't accept the other reality.. There were 3 fake realities I believe, then they find the machine that created the fake realities and destroyed it.

It didn't seem to be answered yet so it sounds like you are referring to Virtual Nightmare I saw the film sometime after the Matrix came out and at the time there were a lot of Matrixy films this was one of them and seems to match the description

Reginaldavid
Sep 30, 2006
beautiful cretin
Since some people have brought up animated shorts, here's one I've been wondering about.
It took place on an alien world, and all the characters spoke in gibberish (I'm pretty sure it wasn't a real language; as I remember it, they made a lot of "bippy-boo" noises). Apparently, whenever one of them died, he'd turn into a skeleton (or something) and walk to a ceremonial cave. Eventually, the main character dies, and I remember there being an extra-dramatic and jarring shot of his skeletal face. He walks to the cave, falls down a hole, turns into a cocoon, then into a big flying creature, and then he falls out the other side of the planet and flies away.
It struck me as really weird and eerie when I saw it as a kid, and it still bugs me. If I had to guess a decade, I'd say it was released in the '80s, but I can't be certain.

Also, from earlier in the thread:

Kneel Before Zog posted:

When I was a wee lad I think I remember seeing a horror movie box cover with people that looked just like those coneheads from the coneheads movie but with scary faces and really sharp teeth. Does anyone know if any horror movies like this exists?
Both I and my sister remember seeing that cover at a rental place in the '90s, so I can support that it exists. I wish I could give you more than that, but it's a start.

Edit:
I found out what the animation was; it's called Skywhales and you can find it on youtube. It's worth checking out if you enjoy bizarre animation.

Reginaldavid fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Nov 29, 2010

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

JohnnyDavidson posted:

I don't even know if this movie exists, I remember someone describing the plot in the past though, this also could be spoilers, I don't know. Anyways, a person gets arrested for murdering his parents or something, but he didn't actually do it. They interrogate him until he starts to believe he actually did it because they keep saying like, you came home and murdered him with this knife etc. It sounds like a mix of 12 Angry Men and In The Name Of The Father.

I'm sure this isn't what you're talking about, but there was an actual court case where this exact thing happened that I saw on Nightline or one of those types of shows.

Cazic Thule
Mar 13, 2008

Denizens of Fear, your master commands you to come forth to his aid!!
I've been looking for a movie, or movies, that contain the following scenes, for years. The thing is, the first two are definitely movies, but the third may have been a dream of mine.

1) Girl in a classroom, with 'large' windows on one side, a "pig man" comes up to the window that it seems only she can see (I think).

2) Lady pulled into grass area in front of a house by hands. NOT Poltergeist.

3) Two people loving in bed with a spider (tarantula?) crawling on the bed towards them, I think they were at the top of stairs and there may have been a wizard looking old guy around.

Any ideas?

Cazic Thule fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Nov 22, 2010

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Kneel Before Zog posted:

When I was a wee lad I think I remember seeing a horror movie box cover with people that looked just like those coneheads from the coneheads movie but with scary faces and really sharp teeth. Does anyone know if any horror movies like this exists?

Poke around this fantastic site, I bet it's in there somewhere:

http://www.critcononline.com/video_companies_cover_art.htm

lathode
Mar 29, 2010

donquixotic posted:

It didn't seem to be answered yet so it sounds like you are referring to Virtual Nightmare I saw the film sometime after the Matrix came out and at the time there were a lot of Matrixy films this was one of them and seems to match the description

Thanks you and Gyver, that's it!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Cazic Thule posted:

1) Girl in a classroom, with 'large' windows on one side, a "pig man" comes up to the window that it seems only she can see (I think).

Long shot on this, but Fortress?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091069/

Cazic Thule
Mar 13, 2008

Denizens of Fear, your master commands you to come forth to his aid!!

Abugadu posted:

Long shot on this, but Fortress?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091069/

Wow, very similar.. it could be it, but I don't think so.. because I think the 'pig man' is some sort of hallucination. I added Fortress to my netflix just to rule it out.. definitely the closest I've come to finding it in years even if it's not the one, thanks.

edit: just watched it on youtube, it's not the one I'm looking for.

Cazic Thule fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 25, 2010

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Sir Nose posted:

Poke around this fantastic site, I bet it's in there somewhere:

http://www.critcononline.com/video_companies_cover_art.htm

So the gf and I were poking around this site and we both remembered back in the old days of independent VHS rental stores we would always see this one comedy movie on the shelves where the cover art was of some guy on a toothbrush where the bristles of the toothbrush were sexy female legs, or something like that, and we were too young to rent cheesy sex-comedy videos on our own at the time and now we both remember the video cover but not what the movie was. Anyone know what movie that might have been?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

tacodaemon posted:

So the gf and I were poking around this site and we both remembered back in the old days of independent VHS rental stores we would always see this one comedy movie on the shelves where the cover art was of some guy on a toothbrush where the bristles of the toothbrush were sexy female legs, or something like that, and we were too young to rent cheesy sex-comedy videos on our own at the time and now we both remember the video cover but not what the movie was. Anyone know what movie that might have been?

Don't ask me how I know this, because I couldn't tell you. Compromising Positions.

edit: by the way, now that you're old enough to rent it, it's not terrible.

SubponticatePoster fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Nov 26, 2010