Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Only series 3 and we already have 2 skateboarders and 2 surfboarders.

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
I can't be the only one getting sick of these minifigs. With series 1, it was something different, and I kind of thought it would be neat to see this as an annual thing, but this is just crazy. Do we know how many series they are planning?

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love
I am sick of not being able to get the minifigs.
The only place that carries them around here is Toys R Us, and I'm not paying that much for them.
I got lucky because Target had series 2 at Halloween.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I NEED that Hazmat guy. Like, there is a primal requirement that is telling me that to reach proper maturity I need to own a Lego Hazmat guy. Fuuckk.

e: poo poo, the hockey player has skates. I need him, too.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
The Meijer near me has series 3 over in their Christmas section. I like literally every character in the set except for the tennis player.

So of course out of an entirely brand new box I pick the loving tennis player.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Sockser posted:

I NEED that Hazmat guy. Like, there is a primal requirement that is telling me that to reach proper maturity I need to own a Lego Hazmat guy. Fuuckk.

Makes me want Half-Life theme sets... sooo bad.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

e: poo poo, the hockey player has skates. I need him, too.

Lego Fallout 3

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

zenintrude posted:

Funny, I was just thinking about that yesterday. I was dreaming over what licenses would actually excite me the way Batman would have had I been following LEGO at the time, and what I came up with was Half-Life, Lord of the Rings (PLEEEEEASE) and in a magical dream world? Pee-wee's Playhouse.

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?

ireladd posted:

Funny, I was just thinking about that yesterday. I was dreaming over what licenses would actually excite me the way Batman would have had I been following LEGO at the time, and what I came up with was Half-Life, Lord of the Rings (PLEEEEEASE) and in a magical dream world? Pee-wee's Playhouse.

I'll say the same three I say every time this conversation comes up:

Futurama, Jurassic Park, and Star Trek.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

ApathyGifted posted:

I'll say the same three I say every time this conversation comes up:

Futurama, Jurassic Park, and Star Trek.

They did JP you know, half-assed but still.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Just a heads up, saw some Series 3 at TRU in Puyallup today; had about 1.75 boxes. If TRU's got them now, expect them to start showing up across the country, finally.

Also, I -must- have Lego Gordon Freeman. Throw a different head on him, and it's nearly uncanny. I am a bit disappointed we're getting another skater, surfer, fisherman, even though the fisherman's a dwarf, and the surfer's a chick.

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010
another image of series 4 from brickset:

Universal Studios classic monster MOCs much?

oh, and for those of you who don't check brickset(you should if you're any kind of AFOL), here's a link to the best LEGO Coupon of the year: BOGO 50% off any set at TRU.

Mascot fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 7, 2010

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It would be super awesome if they weren't just limited time items for like, what, 2 months? and then go out of production?

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Is that the first time there's been a Lego Mohawk? Because that is sweet.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
No bar codes or any other identifiers for series 4 correct?

Funnily I wanted the Viking and the Gnome when series 4 was announced, but now seeing them I don't really care. That being said I now really want the hazmat guy and the mad scientist.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
The hazmat guy looks so terrified, I love it.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

zenintrude posted:

Set #9544: The Test Chamber. Complete with push cart with anomalous materials sample, enclosed observation area and explodes at the push of a button!

(Now all we need is a Brickarms crowbar or something)

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Tanith posted:

(Now all we need is a Brickarms crowbar or something)

Brickarms? Try official: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7279-1

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I really hope they don't just use these molds this one time and then toss them out. I really want the robot head and the hazmat suit and other such stuff to make its way into the normal lines, like Space Police.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I really hope they don't just use these molds this one time and then toss them out. I really want the robot head and the hazmat suit and other such stuff to make its way into the normal lines, like Space Police.

Molds are expensive. You never, ever, throw them out unless they're broken or so worn that they can't be resurfaced.

I seem to remember reading about how the new Gundam model factory actually uses old, intact molds as weights or support or something for the new molding machines.

Chances are, Lego still has molds for the old thin-chin space helmets, flat friction hinges, and even the original, arm-less minifigures in storage.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pyroclastic posted:

Molds are expensive. You never, ever, throw them out unless they're broken or so worn that they can't be resurfaced.

I seem to remember reading about how the new Gundam model factory actually uses old, intact molds as weights or support or something for the new molding machines.

Chances are, Lego still has molds for the old thin-chin space helmets, flat friction hinges, and even the original, arm-less minifigures in storage.

Pretty sure one of the Lego History books states that once a mold has been worn out, they encase it in concrete and put it in the foundation of the HQ building, or something like that.

Or maybe that was Games Workshop.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

So Toys 'R us has the series 3 minifigs for sale on their website. but, for $4? gently caress that. I might use the buy 1, get one 50% off coupon for 2 though, if I can find them.

playground tough
Oct 29, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: OH gently caress, are the legs on this guy just a clip with a straight rod sticking out that you push into the feet parts, or all one piece? Former would be UNBELIEVABLE, the latter would be horrible.

Click here for the full 1254x1404 image.

hell, that whole figure is amazing.

What is this from?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Squirrel007 posted:

What is this from?

The upcoming Ninja-Go sets.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
This kinda poo poo is ridiculous:

Click here for the full 800x300 image.

Click here for the full 800x250 image.

I consider myself fairly addicted to lego, but goddamn.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
And after all that, no giant block of 300 Spartans? For shame.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
It almost seems like he is using them for Warhammer pieces.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Super Waffle posted:

And after all that, no giant block of 300 Spartans? For shame.

He's working on it.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

InfinEight posted:

He's working on it.

If Lego ever releases a collectible Persian minifig, I pity his wallet. Not to say that he doesn't have a palate of PoP sets already.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
If he bought them from the scalpers on Bricklink, that group alone cost roughly $224 (32x$7).

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

The boy and I spent last night building together, which we haven't done in a while. Somehow, I wound up with this:

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
Shiny!

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Katana Gomai posted:

Well it's at least all Lego stores here in Germany and since advent calendars "expire" everywhere around the world at the same time...give your store a call, and hurry up because we sold a ridiculous amount of them today.

All I know is that I spent half of last Saturday checking out 9 different stores including a Lego store and was unable to find an Advent calendar.

Although a quick trip to Bricklink solved my problem and made me wonder why I even bother going to actual stores anymore.

Edit - And for the record, I just have to add that I have never seen any of those Lego minifigures you guys talk about. Not once. Either they're never in the main lego aisles, or there is just not a single store in the greater chicago area that carries them.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

Edit - And for the record, I just have to add that I have never seen any of those Lego minifigures you guys talk about. Not once. Either they're never in the main lego aisles, or there is just not a single store in the greater chicago area that carries them.

Depends on the store.
At Target, so far, they've been in the Seasonal section. I've only seen S2 there and they were in the area for non-candy halloween treats. They have a similar section for Christmas stocking stuffers, but they haven't gotten S3 as far as I know. They have a similar section for Valentine's day and Easter, and they usually have some small polybagged lego sets.
At Fred Meyer, I've seen them three times: S1 was, for some reason, in back-to-school seasonal along with a few other toys. Never saw any S2, but S3 appeared in the 'Feature' toy shelf of one Fred Meyer, and on top of a soda fridge by the checkout stand in the toy section at another.
The three times I've seen them at TRU, they've been in the Lego area. S1 was on a center-aisle display at one store; S2 was in a similar display at another next to the "Lego" cameras and clocks; S3 in an endcap that they use to showcase a particular line.

Of course, this is all moot if you don't get there within a day of them being put out. My nearest Fred Meyer had two boxes, and they lasted maybe 4 days, and I'm in a rural area compared to Chicago.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

All I know is that I spent half of last Saturday checking out 9 different stores including a Lego store and was unable to find an Advent calendar.

Although a quick trip to Bricklink solved my problem and made me wonder why I even bother going to actual stores anymore.

Yeah, unfortunately there were very few stores outside of the LEGO Store that actually carried the Advent Calendar, and if you went looking for one on Saturday, unfortunately LEGO had just discounted as soon as December started from $34.99 to $9.99, so they flew off the shelves quick. Congrats on the Bricklink find though!

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I wish I had the cash to get that many minifigs. But I'd only do it with the sea creature people from the atlantis line. Then make a city of crab people.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Pyroclastic posted:

My nearest Fred Meyer had two boxes, and they lasted maybe 4 days, and I'm in a rural area compared to Chicago.

I found two brand new boxes at the Grahm, Washington Fred Meyer yesterday. I would feel bad about the way I used the internet to pick them clean of elves and samurai* , but given how vicious the toy collecting scene is in the Seattle area, and all the poo poo I've had to eat because of it, it was my turn to be that guy.

*and by that I mean I ended up with exactly 1 samurai and 2 elves

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZarathustraFollower posted:

I wish I had the cash to get that many minifigs. But I'd only do it with the sea creature people from the atlantis line. Then make a city of crab people.

I've got about 30 Atlantis diver minifigs, and I'm working on some underwater research base

tonelok
Sep 29, 2001

Hanukkah came early this year.
If I had the money and the photography skills, I'd turn my office into this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepa_quin/5247385092/in/set-72157625451218566/

This guy basically recreated Andy's Room from Toy Story:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pepa_quin/sets/72157625451218566/with/5247385092/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Re: Tons of minifigs

I can remember back in the mid-80s how excited I was to get the 6080 King's Castle set. Combined with all the other medieval sets I had, plus a couple of big plates, I could set up whole armies in formation. Horses, archers, lancers... I just didn't have enough (or enough different flags/uniforms/etc.) to have an opposing team. But it was so much fun to build up that one glorious party, including the siege tower and trailers and everything else.

I lucked out because while I loved space and castle sets, my younger brother was crazy about the town sets. He needed some help sometimes, so I ended up building police stations and fire stations and boats and all that. I also think one of my favorites was the Technic Universal Building Set 8035-1. I had a lot of fun with gear ratios, learning how to make things spin crazy fast:

http://www.peeron.com/scans/8035-1/