Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Hellbunny posted:

You made all of that in tailor maid?

Tailor maid black and satchels, yeah :)

?B|

B|

>B|

:black101:

I like to pretend that my character makes the weird noises the T600s made in the last Terminator movie. WHIRRRRR, BRRRRM :black101:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

Only the spergiest will do.

Capn Beeb posted:

How much install time are we talking to have skullface? That is just insane(ly badass).

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Demerzel posted:

How much install time are we talking to have skullface? That is just insane(ly badass).

However long it takes you to download 15MB, and extract to your data folder:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=36660

You want the "black" one.

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

How do you actually use Tailor Maid? I'm not somewhere I can play it so sorry if it's laughably obvious once you start it up. Looked at the mod before but it didn't describe how you actually make outfits, thought it was maybe a metamod to help others mod outfits in.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Tailor maid black and satchels, yeah :)

?B|

B|

>B|

I love when people post short stories in the form of screenshots like this one. One of the funniest I've seen yet.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jan 13, 2011

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Demerzel posted:

How do you actually use Tailor Maid? I'm not somewhere I can play it so sorry if it's laughably obvious once you start it up. Looked at the mod before but it didn't describe how you actually make outfits, thought it was maybe a metamod to help others mod outfits in.

Basically, it dumps everything into a container behind Doc Mitchell's house. The mod itself consists of portions of other armors that have been "torn off", and are instead handled like accessories, allowing you to do stuff like have a bandolier on leather armor.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Captain McStabbin posted:

Basically, it dumps everything into a container behind Doc Mitchell's house. The mod itself consists of portions of other armors that have been "torn off", and are instead handled like accessories, allowing you to do stuff like have a bandolier on leather armor.
Just what I've been looking for!

Click here for the full 516x986 image.

I wanted to armor and bandolier every single outfit in the game. Now my dreams have come true.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I love when people post short stories in the form of screenshots like this one. One of the funniest I've seen yet.

:)

(God I love the tfc 1 console command, freezing magazines and brass in place adds a lot to screenshots)

As for using tailor maid:

Captain McStabbin posted:

This is all there is to it. With satchels you can enable the "cheat bag" via the pipboy, which puts a duffel bag inside Doc Mitchell's house FULL of clothes to play wasteland dressup with. My only issue with tailor maid is you can't have the awesome shotgun shell bandoleer without the big shoulder pad thing.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Capn Beeb posted:

(God I love the tfc 1 console command, freezing magazines and brass in place adds a lot to screenshots)

As for using tailor maid:

This is all there is to it. With satchels you can enable the "cheat bag" via the pipboy, which puts a duffel bag inside Doc Mitchell's house FULL of clothes to play wasteland dressup with. My only issue with tailor maid is you can't have the awesome shotgun shell bandoleer without the big shoulder pad thing.

The Goldeneye N64 theme started up in my head for this one.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

So it seems that you can only go up to a 10 on the player scale size.

Sadly, Manny picked a bad time to leave the gift shop and take his post.

Of course the town went hostile on me and I keep hearing a weird popping sound. Oh, there's a dude down there with a pistol!

Too bad setting your player scale to 10 does not also up the size of your projectiles :(

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

Rather than just ask for the Fiend faction ID I was wondering if someone can tell me how to find out IDs from GECK?

EDIT: Answered it myself, FormID is apparently not a column that initially shows up under Faction.

quote:

]

Too bad setting your player scale to 10 does not also up the size of your projectiles :(

Shooting cannonballs from your minigun is about the only way that ss could be better.

Why doesn't this do anything? It should make the history longer, and move the console text up according to things I've read but it does nothing.

code:
[Menu]
fCreditsScrollSpeed=40.0000
iConsoleTextYPos=30
iConsoleTextXPos=30
iConsoleVisibleLines=25
iConsoleHistorySize=255
rDebugTextColor=255,251,233
iConsoleFont=2
iDebugTextFont=3

Demerzel fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 13, 2011

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Hi guys, I mentioned forever ago, like the old thread, I was working on some content for NV. It's been a lot of learning and slow going on my part, but I think after some polish and thorough testing and tweaking I'll be good to release pretty soon.

Some WIP shots or something:

It's a bundle of 7 armours for male and female characters, and will also be sort of an overhaul of the Vet Ranger loot tables. I feel I'm nearly done, I think.

I still have to do all my alpha textures. :smithicide:

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
^^^ - Wow, that looks great for a WIP. If it's indicative of the quality and style of the rest of the armor in the pack you're working on, I'm really looking forward to seeing the complete set.

Capn Beeb posted:

Falling damage doesn't scale with player size either. I had to learn the hard way in FO3 that if you jump straight up while scaled to 10, the game doesn't think you're falling 2 feet when you come back down, it thinks you're falling 20 feet and every bone in your character's body will shatter the second you hit the ground.

About Tailor Maid, is the Black version a stand-alone thing or do I need it and the 'Main' files?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I'm using black standalone, no problems.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Is there a mod that I can dress up as a clown that can do clownlike things?

[throw pies, flower that shoots water, make animal baloons]

Also I dont remember who said they were gonna do it but I still have yet to see mole rats with boobs :colbert:

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Demerzel posted:

That lighting does look nice, Fellout is great when there's no source of lighting around, and when it's sparse.

Where it sucks is large open areas where a light is 50 feet away and 10 feet away and it's pitch black where you're standing and you can't see the light 50 feet away and only barely 10 feet away. H
Hey if you do this the lighting shouldn't ever fade. Youll be able to see house light miles off in the distance. Makes downtown look wicked rad too.

code:
 I also suggest you alter the 
lightfade and specular settings for 
maximum result in the new vegas 
area by editing falloutprefs.ini, 
fallout.ini in the my documents/my 
games directory and fallout_default.ini 
in the install directory. with the 
settings below. it will spruce up the 
entire game by the way. Keep in mind 
that they go into the display section 
as shown.

[Display] 

fLightLODDefaultStartFade=10240.0000 
fLightLODRange=10240.0000 
fLightLODMinStartFade=10240.0000 
fLightLODMaxStartFade=10240.0000 

fSpecularLODDefaultStartFade=10240.0000 
fSpecularLODRange=10240.0000 
fSpecularLODMinStartFade=10240.0000 
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=10240.0000 
You need fellout or the other lighting one in the op for this to work.

Umph fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 13, 2011

Demerzel
Sep 11, 2001

^^ awesome thanks

doomfunk posted:

That looks awesome.

Tailor Maid made me realize that other than reinf leather I don't like any armor, some of it is passable on females though.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Check out this page. I'm not certain it is the current version, but maybe it is.

Awesome, thanks for linking this.

And for the amazing OP :swoon:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Capn Beeb posted:

Well, now I HAVE to do a Melee run.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
There needs to be a scythe mod you look like some post apocalyptic grim reaper.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
There is. Not on the Nexus, though. I need to dig it up.

e: Nevermind, there's one on the Fallout 3 Nexus. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6558

This one has a skull scythe. http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9478

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 13, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Horns posted:

That actually looks pretty great, better than what I've managed to get to. What combination of mods/load order are you using?

Somewhere near the bottom of your load order you should have this and in this order, load order is really important in this case since some of these mods overlap. Highways and Byways is optional of course.

LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp
URWLNV.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35570)
Electro-City - Completed Workorders.esp
Electro-City - Highways and Byways.esp
Electro-City - Emittance.esp
URWLNV Darker Night.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35315)

Once you get in game you select emittance level MED, which is actually very important to getting the desired look. And don't forget to disable the nevada skies weather patterns so that it doesn't bug out URWL.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 13, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

doomfunk posted:

Hi guys, I mentioned forever ago, like the old thread, I was working on some content for NV. It's been a lot of learning and slow going on my part, but I think after some polish and thorough testing and tweaking I'll be good to release pretty soon.

It's a bundle of 7 armours for male and female characters, and will also be sort of an overhaul of the Vet Ranger loot tables. I feel I'm nearly done, I think.

These look loving awesome. When you say overhaul of the Vet Ranger tables - do you mean these will be in addition to the armors they already have? At any rate, these are sick and I will use them as soon as you're done.

SheepNameKiller posted:

Somewhere near the bottom of your load order you should have this and in this order, load order is really important in this case since some of these mods overlap. Highways and Byways is optional of course.

LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp
URWLNV.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35570)
Electro-City - Completed Workorders.esp
Electro-City - Highways and Byways.esp
Electro-City - Emittance.esp
URWLNV Darker Night.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35315)

Once you get in game you select emittance level MED, which is actually very important to getting the desired look. And don't forget to disable the nevada skies weather patterns so that it doesn't bug out URWL.

Are you using any INI tweaks? I think Electrocity recommends some.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Mod request: A Legion equivalent to the Ranger Combat Armor. I'd be more likely to play Legion if I knew I could have incredibly badass armor while I did it.

Instead, the best I get is Centurion or Praetorian and that's really not that cool.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Capn Beeb posted:

Haha, awesome. Does tfc 1 allow you to freeze the scene and manipulate the camera like you do for your shots?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Gyshall posted:

Are you using any INI tweaks? I think Electrocity recommends some.

Yeah, I use the ones recommended by Electro-City, which were also repeated by Umph a few posts up.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Haha, awesome. Does tfc 1 allow you to freeze the scene and manipulate the camera like you do for your shots?

Tfc detaches the camera from your character and gives you full control of its movement. I guess adding the 1 freezes everything.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Schubalts posted:

Tfc detaches the camera from your character and gives you full control of its movement. I guess adding the 1 freezes everything.

Didn't know that, thanks.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Gyshall posted:

These look loving awesome. When you say overhaul of the Vet Ranger tables - do you mean these will be in addition to the armors they already have? At any rate, these are sick and I will use them as soon as you're done.
That particular suit is a "special suit" I'm planning to drop on Ghost because everyone's afraid of her, but will still be available to players of either gender elsewhere in the world. The other armours are a lot closer to the original design aesthetic of the veteran rangers, but are still kinda my own thing at the same time.

This whole thing started because I noticed the vet rangers looked like they were wearing slippers, and that seemed decidedly non-badass to me. My plan is to release a couple of .esps and one resource bundle; one that replaces the vet rangers' existing table and places armour in the NCR safehouse and Camp Golf, and one that doesn't and places the armour somewhere easily accessible. Coatless versions of the armour will be there for players who don't want to kill veteran rangers, and coat-on versions will only spawn on the rangers themselves.

Apparently I decided this was a simple thing to do for my first public mod since Oblivion. But hey, I'm learning a lot and having fun making it so it's all good.

Here's an example of what I mean - a "heavy assault" version of the Black Armour, still a bit of a WIP. I should say that only this weight of armour will have the coat tucked under, light/medium wear the coat over.

Male, coat off

Female, coat on

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :shobon: I'd say I'm making the mod for *~you guys~* but honestly I'm making this for myself and just sharing it because hey, why not!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
That sounds great. Can't wait to play it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

doomfunk posted:

That particular suit is a "special suit" I'm planning to drop on Ghost because everyone's afraid of her, but will still be available to players of either gender elsewhere in the world. The other armours are a lot closer to the original design aesthetic of the veteran rangers, but are still kinda my own thing at the same time.

This whole thing started because I noticed the vet rangers looked like they were wearing slippers, and that seemed decidedly non-badass to me. My plan is to release a couple of .esps and one resource bundle; one that replaces the vet rangers' existing table and places armour in the NCR safehouse and Camp Golf, and one that doesn't and places the armour somewhere easily accessible. Coatless versions of the armour will be there for players who don't want to kill veteran rangers, and coat-on versions will only spawn on the rangers themselves.

Apparently I decided this was a simple thing to do for my first public mod since Oblivion. But hey, I'm learning a lot and having fun making it so it's all good.

Here's an example of what I mean - a "heavy assault" version of the Black Armour, still a bit of a WIP. I should say that only this weight of armour will have the coat tucked under, light/medium wear the coat over.

Male, coat off

Female, coat on

Thanks for the kind words, guys. :shobon: I'd say I'm making the mod for *~you guys~* but honestly I'm making this for myself and just sharing it because hey, why not!

It looks rad as hell. Just fix the inner elbows, so you don't have the same problem that Satchels does with its stand-alone coat, where there's nothing there and the texture underneath clips through constantly, and it'll be like a million times better.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

doomfunk posted:

Cool, reminds me of the Geonox Riot Armor. Will this work with standard NV bodies? I had to stop using the Geonox armors because the Roberts body was conflicting with stuff.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Geonox and I seem to have had a similar idea, as he's rebuilding the riot suit as well. He seems to have a lot more inspiration from Mass Effect (I think his hip/leg armour is actually from ME resources, but.. I'm not gonna tell the Nexus admins because his work is really good.) I don't have any bodily exposure in my mod so it should work with everything; all resources will be self-contained and self-reliant in the download.

Dickeye posted:

It looks rad as hell. Just fix the inner elbows, so you don't have the same problem that Satchels does with its stand-alone coat, where there's nothing there and the texture underneath clips through constantly, and it'll be like a million times better.

I think I already have a solution for that. Actually I'm pretty sure I do.

Mr. Excitement!
Nov 4, 2008

Ask me how much I like shaved monkeys
Hey - is there a console command to take a screenshot? I have a crazy keyboard that is completely configurable, BUT does not actually have a Print Screen button or macro command.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Get FRAPS.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

I'm not a modder myself and am actually playing this on the 360 at the moment (bought it twice, will play it heavily modded on the PC when I'm done getting achievements and playing console-exclusive DLC), but I had what I think is a good idea for a mod.

We all hate the kid in Freeside shouting about Mick and Ralph's, right? And he's not the only annoying kid in the game, unfortunately. So I was thinking that instead of modding in the ability to kill kids and making yourself an enemy of everyone for very little reason, it'd be cool to have a Child Protection Services mod. Basically, this'd be a freeform quest sort of thing with a new faction (or maybe the Followers of the Apocalypse or NCR (edit: or even the Legion, I'm sure they can always use some new recruits)) that gathers the mistreated children of the wasteland and gives them food and shelter and - most importantly - keeps them tucked away where they won't annoy anyone. Suddenly children are a collectible!

So anyway, is there a mod like this? I'd try to make it if I had the first clue what I was doing.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone else encountered a bug in any of your saves that causes the entire game to be shrouded in near darkness to where you cant really see anything regardless of the time of day? The entire world is just in total blackness and the only way I can see to get around even in the morning hours is using nightvision. It's like someone put a darkness filter over the game and turned all the lights off completely. No idea what happened but it just ended up that way after coming out of a cave area.

I've tried waiting four days in-game, fast traveling, reloading and everything but that save (which I stupidly didnt save a double of that isn't about five hours away) just wont snap out of total blackness. I'd post a screenshot but you probably couldn't see anything out of nightvision anyway. First time it's ever happened and I don't know if it's due to the new version of Electro City bugging out or what. The bug happened when it was like 9 in the morning so it shouldn't have been dark anyway.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has anyone else encountered a bug in any of your saves that causes the entire game to be shrouded in near darkness to where you cant really see anything regardless of the time of day?

You should post your load order, it's most likely a load order problem.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

SheepNameKiller posted:

You should post your load order, it's most likely a load order problem.

I figured it out. Apparently the new Enclave mod (that actually has quests and stuff) doesn't play well with the new emittance plugin for the new version of Electro City at some points. Fiddling around with both of those fixed it. If they weren't conflicting then it must have been just moving them around and disabling and re-enabling them. Who knows.

That Enclave mod looks promising though if the author continues to work on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

I have a weird question.

I disabled a building and some other stuff that was in the way of the city I'm building, and now when I go inside a building a pop back out, when the game world reloads there's like a 'ghost' version of the stuff I disabled. It's like a super low rez version of the building I got rid of sitting there.

If I enter a building far away it doesn't happen, only if I'm within a mile or so. Is there a way to stop the game engine from doing this? It effects saves and seems to not want to go away ever once created.