Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Schubalts posted:

Chinese forum. Part of a mod pack that also had a crossbow from STALKER and a ton of arm-mounted guns.

But there was no Crossbow in any of the STALKER games. :tinfoil: I wonder what other things Chinese-STALKER had...

Thanks for showing me that the TFC command can be used to take some awesome screenshots, Capn Beeb. I can finally snap all of the pictures of angry-Arcade I want.

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

He's clenching his teeth and yet screaming at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Schubalts posted:

Chinese forum. Part of a mod pack that also had a crossbow from STALKER and a ton of arm-mounted guns.

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/showtopic-1555804.html The rayfile and u.115 links are for the file. The Rayfile link neds their downloader, u.115 requires membership. The bare folders are the weapons, the .bsa's are other stuff you probably won't want.

That winged backpack is even called an Uguu Pack and there's a teddybear version of the deathclaw gauntlet.

Grabbing the crossbow though I feel dirty having installed their chinese downloader app.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Could someone explain how to access the "Built-in support for low-intelligence dialogue options"? I downloaded GECK earlier tonight and have spent a couple of hours poking around, but haven't been able to find it. I've even tried dumping various versions of the dialogue to .txt and searching for "Pizza" or "Ice cream", but that's not doing it either. :(

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Naky posted:

Grabbing the crossbow though I feel dirty having installed their chinese downloader app.
Is it any better than the crossbow that's already up on Nexus?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Chinese crossbow is all black and infinite ammo.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

But there was no Crossbow in any of the STALKER games. :tinfoil: I wonder what other things Chinese-STALKER had...

Just going by the crossbow being in a folder called S.T.A.L.K.E.R mod.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I'm slowly putting together a list of mods to install- I've got most of them bundled up properly and converted into FOMODs, and I'll probably commence testing later this afternoon to make sure everything goes in properly, but I have a question about the community bugfix pack. Can I just toss it in, even if I don't have some of the mods that it includes fixes for? I don't want to put the fix in and then have a bunch of stuff explode because I don't have the parent mods that it fixes.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Pretty sure that the mods listed in the bugfix are the fix mods that the bugfix has absorbed. I just tossed it in at the top of the load order and everything's fine.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Schubalts posted:

http://bbs.3dmgame.com/showtopic-1555804.html The rayfile and u.115 links are for the file. The Rayfile link neds their downloader, u.115 requires membership. The bare folders are the weapons, the .bsa's are other stuff you probably won't want.

That winged backpack is even called an Uguu Pack and there's a teddybear version of the deathclaw gauntlet.

Mind throwing it on mediafire/mu?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Dickeye posted:

Mind throwing it on mediafire/mu?

Seconding this.

Any recommendations for a DOF mod that works good in first person? I have tried the DOF Depth of Field mod but it tends to blur the poo poo out of the gun when aiming - but it isn't a pleasing effect... if I aim at a pole or tree, the DOF effect will blur only certain areas of the gun. Likewise, if I look up at the sky, it only blurs the top part of the gun.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Uploading the pack on Mediafire right now.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Are there any good .357 semi-auto pistols? I don't mean a desert eagle. Something fictional would be groovy, but I dig things more akin to the designs of a Wildey or an Automag or something like that.

Or, hell, point me at a good 1911 and I'll pretend I have a Coonan :v:

(or just cool looking semi-auto pistol designs I can just GECK into taking .357)

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Is there any easy way to delete all the mods I've Installed? I'm to the point of being a House of Cards in a Windstorm and wish to start over.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Mod Pack

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

homerlaw posted:

Is there any easy way to delete all the mods I've Installed? I'm to the point of being a House of Cards in a Windstorm and wish to start over.

Delete the ESM files and the meshes and texture folders, that should do it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LvK posted:

Are there any good .357 semi-auto pistols? I don't mean a desert eagle. Something fictional would be groovy, but I dig things more akin to the designs of a Wildey or an Automag or something like that.

Or, hell, point me at a good 1911 and I'll pretend I have a Coonan :v:

(or just cool looking semi-auto pistol designs I can just GECK into taking .357)

There's a couple 1911s on the nexus.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

RagnarokAngel posted:

So just empty the Data Folder?

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

RagnarokAngel posted:

There is some stuff that comes with the Data folder though. Be careful not to delete your DLCs or other basic stuff.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Technically, you want to delete all of the ESPs and ESMs you have except for the new vegas ESM, default New Vegas BSAs and whatever preorder pack ESMs you have. Meshes, textures, sound, and music folders can all be deleted. When all is said and done you should only have two ESMs activated. You don't want to empty the data folder totally because you'll be deleting stock stuff if you do that.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I usually just rename the Data directory and then Verify Game Files through Steam.

Are there any good "test cell" mods - or a test cell built into New Vegas? I want to be able to test leveled lists, NPCs, stats, and poo poo.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 14, 2011

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Gyshall posted:

I usually just rename the Data directory and then Verify Game Files through Steam.

Just remember if you do this that it also resets your .ini changes, so you'll lose archive invalidation and whatever tweaks you've made to your lighting/borderregions/skin tone overrides.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I've got a mod that turns the caravan shotgun into a nice side by side double barrel, but it is WAY too clean. Here's the (somehow) only picture I've got of it:

There any mods that change the caravan shotgun into a side by side that isn't fresh out of the box shiny and new?

(I watched Unforgiven last night and I may have a fancy pants 12 gauge coach gun coming my way soon so the scattergun bug is biting hard :v:)

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

I've got a mod that turns the caravan shotgun into a nice side by side double barrel, but it is WAY too clean. Here's the (somehow) only picture I've got of it:

There any mods that change the caravan shotgun into a side by side that isn't fresh out of the box shiny and new?

(I watched Unforgiven last night and I may have a fancy pants 12 gauge coach gun coming my way soon so the scattergun bug is biting hard :v:)

What if you were to swap out the model with one of the mods that integrates Point Lookout's DB shotgun? All of the necessary resources are included in FO:NV's data if you are interested in poking around the GECK and doing it yourself (hell, you could open up that mod you've got going on and just swap out the models, probably.) That was a pretty good side-by-side and it wasn't immaculate, either.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What if you were to swap out the model with one of the mods that integrates Point Lookout's DB shotgun? All of the necessary resources are included in FO:NV's data if you are interested in poking around the GECK and doing it yourself (hell, you could open up that mod you've got going on and just swap out the models, probably.) That was a pretty good side-by-side and it wasn't immaculate, either.

That could probably work :)

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Anybody have any (reasonable) requests for new weapons/equipment they'd like to see?
I still have an itch to mod but don't have any ideas at the moment and the stuff people tend to request over on the Nexus forums is ridiculous.

Note: I probably can't do entirely new sets of clothes/armor as I've yet to quite grasp the intricacies of bones and whatnot. But hats/headgear and modifications of existing gear I can manage!

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Amstrad posted:

Anybody have any (reasonable) requests for new weapons/equipment they'd like to see?
I still have an itch to mod but don't have any ideas at the moment and the stuff people tend to request over on the Nexus forums is ridiculous.

A proper looking balaclava. Only the band for eye space, no mouth hole or seperate eye-holes. :unsmith:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Amstrad posted:

Note: I probably can't do entirely new sets of clothes/armor as I've yet to quite grasp the intricacies of bones and whatnot. But hats/headgear and modifications of existing gear I can manage!

How about some more home-made weapons? Zip guns, pipe rifles, punch-guns, some sort of jury-rigged melee weapon or molotov. Stuff that you could craft at work-benches with the right equipment, even. The more improvised and shoddier looking, the more believable they'd be in the hands of a strung-out raider, thug, or struggling wastelander.

You could find most of the resources in the game and just nifskope-butcher them to your liking. I linked a mod in the OP that did that, but I think you're capable of something cooler.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I think a non-sniper gauss lever-action would potentially be hella sweet. I was thinking of trying it myself and giving the thing a sparking effect when you cock the lever (to represent resetting the charge on the barrel or something)... but currently I'm a little afraid of tacking anything with wield animations or a collision box, I admit.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
I'm finally all tricked out and ready for a good modded playthrough, except for the very last step: lighting and weather mods. Honestly, the reason it's so much trouble is that ALL of the big name mods are excellent. I love the days in URWL, the nights in Fellout, the weather effects in Nevada Skies, and Electro-City/Emittance add something I didn't even realize was missing. I haven't even tried using the Interior Lighting Overhaul yet, since I'm having too hard of a time deciding between all of these :smith:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

doomfunk posted:

I think a non-sniper gauss lever-action would potentially be hella sweet. I was thinking of trying it myself and giving the thing a sparking effect when you cock the lever (to represent resetting the charge on the barrel or something)... but currently I'm a little afraid of tacking anything with wield animations or a collision box, I admit.

Apparently there's some kind of lever-action laser gun doohickey in the DLC coming out. I don't have a 360 myself so I can't really say more.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

potaties posted:

I'm finally all tricked out and ready for a good modded playthrough, except for the very last step: lighting and weather mods. Honestly, the reason it's so much trouble is that ALL of the big name mods are excellent. I love the days in URWL, the nights in Fellout, the weather effects in Nevada Skies, and Electro-City/Emittance add something I didn't even realize was missing. I haven't even tried using the Interior Lighting Overhaul yet, since I'm having too hard of a time deciding between all of these :smith:

Well, the good news is that you can set yourself up to use more than one of these mods. The bad news is that (as you've realized) there's several viable combinations of mods, and you can't use all of them.

Try out something like Nevada Skies with Electro-City and see how that works. You get the new weather effects (including Sand Storms and Rain) as well as the revamped lighting system of Electro-City, and the darker nights too if you choose to use the optional plugin.

doomfunk posted:

This sounds really sweet, to be honest. You sold me on the sparking effect.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Amstrad posted:

Personally, I'd like to get something for killing the four legendary monsters, like a Deathclaw duster made of the Legendary Deathclaw's hide, a helmet from the Legendary Fire Gecko with water breathing and fire/energy resistance, etc.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amstrad posted:

You could retexture the mesh I modified for the Smith n' Wesson 500 I did last night once I'm fully finished with it :smith: I'll do the UV maps, no worries, but as I'm... oh, 8 years out of the 3D business now needless to say I'm trash with textures.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

NotInventedHere posted:

Personally, I'd like to get something for killing the four legendary monsters, like a Deathclaw duster made of the Legendary Deathclaw's hide, a helmet from the Legendary Fire Gecko with water breathing and fire/energy resistance, etc.

This would be hella cool.

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

NotInventedHere posted:

IF I ever got around to making a mod, it would totally be a big-game hunting one. New weapons, monsters etc. Kind of like the New vegas bounties, but with wasteland monsters.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

NotInventedHere posted:

And a beautiful sparkling set of fairy wings from the legendary cazador :allears:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Co-sine posted:

IF I ever got around to making a mod, it would totally be a big-game hunting one. New weapons, monsters etc. Kind of like the New vegas bounties, but with wasteland monsters.

hmm... now I have the urge to make an elephant gun. Not with original models, though, I'm quite poo poo in that realm.

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Amstrad posted:

More types of Unarmed Weapons, maybe some things for lower to mid Levels

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Make a fatigue weapon that isn't as comic as big puffy boxing gloves.
Maybe just some leather gloves or something.

Vita
Nov 7, 2009
Is there a way to edit the NV esm? I'm trying to modify the tri-beam rifle and other rifles that use multiple ammo at once, but I can't seem to find a way to edit it with FNVedit.
Specifically, I want to make it so they just use one and not three.

Vita fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Click here for the full 1038x513 image.

Welp, pretty much done loving around with the mesh. All I need to do now is redo some of the UV maps and then release it as a mesh resource to let someone else gently caress around with the textures. I decided to scrap using the stock 44 and used a colt anaconda as the base for the frame to save me some time and just started tweaking and building from there. Good enough for a start I think and should make the revolver users happy for another hand cannon option.