Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I Am a Keg. posted:

Ahahaha, ETM is now upset that they didn't play his "happy birthday" message.

He's definitely going to call pretty soon.

At least twice in the video, he pauses so long I thought the video had crashed :)

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EafeQdjGUo

He talks about the shooting in Tusan and the first thing he says:
"this proves I am not dead"

class act Eric

Manwithastick fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Jan 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I don't know how Fred does it. I timed it: On Tuesday when Howard mentioned he tried green drink at a restaurant but put vodka in it, Fred hit the "vodka straight up thank yooouuuu" clip 2.4 seconds later.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
He's so much fun to troll. It's just neverending.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Manwithastick posted:

At least twice in the video, he pauses so long I thought the video had crashed :)

Also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EafeQdjGUo

He talks about the shooting in Tusan and the first thing he says:
"this proves I am not dead"

class act Eric

This video is great, because as soon as I heard about the shooting my immediate thought was, "I wonder what Eric the Midget thinks about this. I bet he has an interesting and unique perspective..."

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Former Human posted:

I don't know how Fred does it. I timed it: On Tuesday when Howard mentioned he tried green drink at a restaurant but put vodka in it, Fred hit the "vodka straight up thank yooouuuu" clip 2.4 seconds later.

I always imagine Fred's system at Sirius like typing a Google search where it does the type-ahead find. So he can start typing "vodk" and it'd show all clips with that in it's title/description/meta-data and then he can just click and play one.

What's more impressive is when this wasn't on the Prophet system and he was using carts. One time Howard even tested him by making up some story about walking through dark woods and Fred was right there with sound effects.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

I happened to remember today that Artie did that little Queer Eye makeover, which was more like drunk rear end Artie unleashing homophobic vitriol on the Queers. WHICH ONE OF YOU GAY GUYS WANTS TO gently caress ME? The audio's on youtube, but I could have sworn there was video of this out there as well. Any ideas? And hopefully sometime in the next 5 years they get Artie in there, the man's not dead and life goes on.

This is the greatest. My favorite Artie quote from that ep is "I've got Godiva chocolate in my loving... penis hole."

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

musclecoder posted:

I always imagine Fred's system at Sirius like typing a Google search where it does the type-ahead find. So he can start typing "vodk" and it'd show all clips with that in it's title/description/meta-data and then he can just click and play one.

What's more impressive is when this wasn't on the Prophet system and he was using carts. One time Howard even tested him by making up some story about walking through dark woods and Fred was right there with sound effects.

Tell me we have video of that somewhere

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Manwithastick posted:

Tell me we have video of that somewhere

Judging by Howard's recent 'we need to tape everybody for behind the scenes stuff' I'd imagine Fred will be shown in some capacity.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Welp, according to @rqui Robins cats' kidney transplant was from a donor, who is still alive, not a euthanized cat.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Sock The Great posted:

Welp, according to @rqui Robins cats' kidney transplant was from a donor, who is still alive, not a euthanized cat.

She established on the wrap up show that she's adopting the donor cat, which I guess is how such a procedure is done anyway.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Not to be all lame and complaining like normal !!!!BUT!!! A few years ago (even before the Artie drama) I used to get home from work and see 20-30+ replies to this thread and now there might be 10 or 11. Besides that, even on days when there was no show, there used to be a lot more posts than what we have. The show has really lost it's luster for me.

I, however, am looking at the bright side and am really looking forward to the psychological exams that they took! I hope it says Robin and Howard and just mental cases and that JD and Benji are normal. (assuming JD took it)

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
Speaking of the tests, what brought this all on? I must have missed the catalyst for it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Haha that's cute, Benji being normal. Benji is schtick on or off-air, there's zero chance that he's completely mentally healthy.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I love to hear more about the questions and how they answered them and how they think each other is lying then the results of the actual test. I have serious doubts a myspace level quiz of yes and no questions is going to provide any useful information.

They did more then just the yes/no questions, didn't they? Is the test designed to know when you are lying? I'd imagine most of them would lie up and down, like Robin is proved to be doing already.

Artie on Queer Eye will always be awesome. I loved it.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Howard after Piers. http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2011/01/14/exp.Stern.Piers.Green.Room.cnn.html

His jacket is so big :(

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

I think Brian Phelan is doing holding the mic in the background. He is a large man.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Burden posted:

I think Brian Phelan is doing holding the mic in the background. He is a large man.

Yeah that's who that is. Maybe Brian gave Howard is jacket because Howard said he was cold. :downs:

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
That Jack&Rod bit yesterday (the riddles) is probably my favorite of all time. I was thinking "there is no way this is real" the whole time while I was in tears:

http://www.queenoftrivia.com/contact.htm

Awesome. Sal and Richard really make my day when I am bored as gently caress of listening to gay ice skaters and producers ramble on.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

See, after seeing this video I'm kind of in the camp that maybe Howard doesn't dye his hair. It certainly looks faded in some sort of way, but maybe its just the lighting.

And the IQ tests were brought on from Ronnie if memory serves. Howard was prodding him on how he's probably psychopath.

Wattsamatta
Feb 24, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

Haha that's cute, Benji being normal. Benji is schtick on or off-air, there's zero chance that he's completely mentally healthy.

Especially since they already brought out that he lied about his age. So already we know he didn't take that poo poo seriously at all.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

ChubbyEmoBabe posted:

That Jack&Rod bit yesterday (the riddles) is probably my favorite of all time. I was thinking "there is no way this is real" the whole time while I was in tears:

http://www.queenoftrivia.com/contact.htm

Awesome. Sal and Richard really make my day when I am bored as gently caress of listening to gay ice skaters and producers ramble on.

I think most if not all of the Jack and Rod bits are fake, right? I know I've heard the same "guests" voices on other calls.

But fake or not, the cancer kazoo Jack and Rod is hilarious and is the best one.

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
You think they are mostly fake? Maybe I am just gullible but most of them seem real. I think the book angle is awesome because they get the release beforehand but not ruin the upcoming ball busting and the people are desperate so they hang in for as long as they can.

I will concede that cancer kazoo is probably the best ever.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Nope, the Class Reunion call is the best :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l73o4ed6ypU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

jerkstore77 posted:

I think most if not all of the Jack and Rod bits are fake, right? I know I've heard the same "guests" voices on other calls.

But fake or not, the cancer kazoo Jack and Rod is hilarious and is the best one.

Most of them are edited out of order for sure, I think the re-record some of their parts to match the responses, but I think they have no problem finding loons to talk to about their books and magic crystals and poo poo.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I think most of them are real. I know from when I worked in radio you would get these lists from publishing houses of authors to interview, the same musicians and whatnot. Most of the time these are from low rent, almost self published firms. They are great fodder for doing stuff like that with since they are desperate for publicity and especially with the authors take the subject matter WAY too seriously.

Basically they are all like Riley Martin except instead of aliens they are into something crazy like antique afghans, the teenage years of Mozart or Third Muscovite–Lithuanian War.

Imagine interviewing someone that is REALLY into editing Wikipedia and you got it.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
My basis for thinking they're fake is that it just seems like they use the same people for multiple calls. The cancer kazoo jack & rod and the call to the asian clock lady for example really sounds like the same lady. There are other examples that I cant think of right now. It's certainly not hard evidence, it just raises suspiscion.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Which is why the Tradio calls are the best. They can't really fake that main guy. Though I always felt like the Swap Shop "Exotic Jungle Bunny" was fake cause the pace of the call is exactly the same format as their fake Jack & Rod radio show introduction, and the hosts are just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too gullible.

And I take back my last post, this is the best prank of theirs and I was in tears the first time I heard this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yi0AO6fXZk

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
I like how Westinghouse is always Richard's go-to brand for anything electrical

scapulataf
Jul 18, 2007

by Ozmaugh
For those of you that Email richard from time to time, do you email him at richardchristy.com, or does he have a show email that you use?

Mookwarrior
Jul 9, 2007
Official Hater.

Former Human posted:

Maybe I'm to cynical, but I figured they kind of had an idea what was going to be discussed maybe even an outline in advance allowing him to be prepared.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I bet Howard and Robin have no idea how popular Richard is to show fans. I bet his inbox is stuff with e-mail constantly and I'd absolutely guarantee you he'd win a "person you'd most want to have a beer with" contest on the show.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
d

The Extrapolator fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Apr 30, 2016

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Interesting little finance article about Radio IO. I will be curious to see how steady that number stays once you have to start paying for all the content, but its still pretty good.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/IO-World-Media-Announces-bw-3964735845.html?x=0

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

Ralph sure is earning all that money Howard pays him to pick out his outfits. That jacket is like a tent on him.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Howard does look like a gigantic Fran Lebowits

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Howard does look like a gigantic Fran Lebowits

Gah!

Well, they certainly have the fecal fascination in common. I wonder if Howard ordered a special book to record his daughters' bowel movements...or his own.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Glumwheels posted:

Ralph sure is earning all that money Howard pays him to pick out his outfits. That jacket is like a tent on him.

Baggy clothes make you look skinny. Duh. :rolleyes:

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Man, that KC segment was sort of a letdown. It was pretty awkward and uncomfortable, but not really funny. I'm still amazed they even got her in there and it happened, but it made me miss somebody like Artie who wouldn't be afraid to be the bad guy and liven things up a bit.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Vakal posted:

Baggy clothes make you look skinny. Duh. :rolleyes:

Odd for people who live in the past not to remember any Peter Gabriel videos and learn from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Man, that KC segment was sort of a letdown. It was pretty awkward and uncomfortable, but not really funny. I'm still amazed they even got her in there and it happened, but it made me miss somebody like Artie who wouldn't be afraid to be the bad guy and liven things up a bit.

The sad part was that after the segment KC apologized to Gary on how he left the show, and then proceeded to thank Gary for helping him raise enough money to feed himself for three months.