Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Vita posted:

Is there a way to edit the NV esm? I'm trying to modify the tri-beam rifle and other rifles that use multiple ammo at once, but I can't seem to find a way to edit it with FNVedit.
Specifically, I want to make it so they just use one and not three.

Open up GECK. Go into Weapons, Find the weapons you're looking for. Modify all their ammo usage to whatever you'd like (1). Save. Save it as a new ESP, called weaponmodifications.esp

done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vita
Nov 7, 2009
edit: nevermind, I had to rightclick -> edit.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Vita posted:

I can't find ammo usage anywhere in GECK with FalloutNV.esm loaded.

Right-click a weapon. You should have a big list, like this

Click here for the full 1680x1050 image.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
There's no Benelli M3 ported over yet, is there?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Are there any good scope replacer mods ? The original scopes look lovely as gently caress, I'd like a scope more like the one used in the Gobi Rifle Replacer, but I think that the magnification is a bit too high to be used on all weapons.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Naky posted:

There's no Benelli M3 ported over yet, is there?

There's one in that weak rear end Ahztek pack. Pretty nice, too. I really like the irons although it makes me want to port my Mossberg 930 SPX into the game and lol gently caress if I know how to make models and poo poo from scratch, I just take silly pictures:

:words:

:black101:

:frogsiren:

:black101::gibs:

:rock:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Ah it's been ported.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
How do I even swap scopes :smith:

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

So my giant city made out of random pieces of garbage was going very well, but then Boone who was a bartender that I setRestrain decided to stretch from where his feet were to way over the horizon to I guess where he spawns after 5 days.

So I have a giant speghetti boone terrorizing my trash city.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

There's one in that weak rear end Ahztek pack. Pretty nice, too. I really like the irons although it makes me want to port my Mossberg 930 SPX into the game and lol gently caress if I know how to make models and poo poo from scratch, I just take silly pictures:

Wow, you weren't kidding, that IS a weak rear end pack. A total stock weapon replacer mod? gently caress me. I'll do everyone a favour and release the Benelli separately from that gay rear end pack.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Naky posted:

Wow, you weren't kidding, that IS a weak rear end pack. A total stock weapon replacer mod? gently caress me. I'll do everyone a favour and release the Benelli separately from that gay rear end pack.

The brush gun is replaced by a Thompson SMG and the varmint rifle is replaced by some Marlin lever action rifle that has zero iron sights :downsgun: There is also no weapon balance at all and it made me run at least three times as fast for some reason.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

The brush gun is replaced by a Thompson SMG and the varmint rifle is replaced by some Marlin lever action rifle that has zero iron sights :downsgun: There is also no weapon balance at all and it made me run at least three times as fast for some reason.

By the way, I don't think your mossberg request would be all that hard to tweak existing meshes for, but I couldn't do anything about the textures as I am useless in that area.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Naky posted:

Mind doing the 10mm replacer, too?

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

gently caress you stupid jerks and your guns please care about my trash city.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Dickeye posted:

Mind doing the 10mm replacer, too?

Which one is that?

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Amstrad posted:

Anybody have any (reasonable) requests for new weapons/equipment they'd like to see?
I still have an itch to mod but don't have any ideas at the moment and the stuff people tend to request over on the Nexus forums is ridiculous.

Note: I probably can't do entirely new sets of clothes/armor as I've yet to quite grasp the intricacies of bones and whatnot. But hats/headgear and modifications of existing gear I can manage!

A better fiend helmet would be nice. Just the goat skull as a mask instead of hood ornament on top of a roman helmet. Bonus if it worked well with at least some hair types enabled instead of flattened.

Oh god if there were also an indian headdress mod that could be worn with it.. :circlefap:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
http://www.mediafire.com/?mvv2mg8kn4f1t33

Benelli M3 separated from Ahztek's pack, though the settings are probably different between the two mods - I was in the middle of porting this before I found out that he already did and took his updated meshes/textures/iron sights. Location's in Goodspring's Gas Station. Do tell me if I messed up the file folder structure for the mod release or something like that, but it appears to work in my game thus far. As always, feel free to tweak it yourself in GECK if there's something you don't like.

edit: wow, this guy's total amateur hour - hardcoded texture locations that forces you to install your game in the same folder structure he uses? Jesus christ. I should do everyone a favour and port the whole mod over minus the replacer just to spite him.

Naky fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 15, 2011

Mental Midget
Apr 18, 2005

We're glad you could play SQIV. As usual, you've been a real pantload.
Does anyone know if using the command showracemenu fucks up your perks? I remember reading something about that happening so I've been avoiding using it this playthrough.. but I wanna play as the opposite sex for a while

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

potaties posted:

I'm finally all tricked out and ready for a good modded playthrough, except for the very last step: lighting and weather mods. Honestly, the reason it's so much trouble is that ALL of the big name mods are excellent. I love the days in URWL, the nights in Fellout, the weather effects in Nevada Skies, and Electro-City/Emittance add something I didn't even realize was missing. I haven't even tried using the Interior Lighting Overhaul yet, since I'm having too hard of a time deciding between all of these :smith:

Check out the posts I made on pages 16 (screenshots) and 17 (instructions). You have the same tastes I do and I made those posts for people like you! :) Ah hell I'll just copy and paste 'em.

SheepNameKiller posted:

SheepNameKiller's Guide to Better Darker Nights and URWL

Click here for the full 1313x899 image.

Bonus day pic just to show the effect, mostly unchanged from vanilla URWL.

Click here for the full 1512x945 image.

Somewhere near the bottom of your load order you should have these mods and in this order, load order is really important in this case since some of these mods overlap. Highways and Byways is optional of course.

LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp (see electro-city link below)
URWLNV.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35570)
Electro-City - Completed Workorders.esp http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37908
Electro-City - Highways and Byways.esp (see above)
Electro-City - Emittance.esp (see above)
URWLNV Darker Night.esp http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35315

Once you get in game you select emittance level MED, which is actually very important to getting the desired look. And don't forget to disable the nevada skies lighting in your thermo-hygrograph (under the weather settings, disable all 5 options), if you don't you're going to see Nevada Skies lighting instead of URWL.

I am pretty much close to 100% happy with this setup, but I'm still trying to work on figuring out how Nevada Skies and URWL differ so that I can get the Nevada Skies "Dusk" and "Dawn" lighting, which is vastly superior to URWL. I've already started making a compatibility patch for Nevada Skies that unlocks only its dusk and dawn climates which I should be able to post within a couple of days.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jan 15, 2011

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost

Amstrad posted:

Anybody have any (reasonable) requests for new weapons/equipment they'd like to see?
I still have an itch to mod but don't have any ideas at the moment and the stuff people tend to request over on the Nexus forums is ridiculous.

Note: I probably can't do entirely new sets of clothes/armor as I've yet to quite grasp the intricacies of bones and whatnot. But hats/headgear and modifications of existing gear I can manage!

More weapons that look like they've just been cobbled together with whats lying around would be nice (crossbows, pipeguns, using deoderant a spark plug and bit of pvc pipe to make a small cannon, that sort of thing)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Naky posted:

Which one is that?

Christ if I remember now. I'll check in the morning when I'm back on the desktop.

If someone here could make a badass armor for the Legion that was the equivalent of NCR Combar Armor (Centurion Armor looks too stupid to count) I'd....do...something. I dunno.

Naky posted:

Benelli M3 separated from Ahztek's pack, though the settings are probably different between the two mods - I was in the middle of porting this before I found out that he already did and took his updated meshes/textures/iron sights. Location's in Goodspring's Gas Station. Do tell me if I messed up the file folder structure for the mod release or something like that, but it appears to work in my game thus far. As always, feel free to tweak it yourself in GECK if there's something you don't like.

edit: wow, this guy's total amateur hour - hardcoded texture locations that forces you to install your game in the same folder structure he uses? Jesus christ. I should do everyone a favour and port the whole mod over minus the replacer just to spite him.

Oh my god please. I love some of them, but hell if I want to replace all my poo poo.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jan 15, 2011

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Dickeye posted:

Oh my god please. I love some of them, but hell if I want to replace all my poo poo.

Yeah this would be great, some of the replacement choices are downright retarded.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Is it possible to somehow export something made in game with placement mods to the Geck? Like can you copy a region altered in game with mods into the geck for scripting?

I want to populate this area I made with scripted NPCs and maybe someday release a mod out of it, do I need to start from the ground up in the geck or is there anyway to copy it over?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Umph posted:

Is it possible to somehow export something made in game with placement mods to the Geck? Like can you copy a region altered in game with mods into the geck for scripting?

I want to populate this area I made with scripted NPCs and maybe someday release a mod out of it, do I need to start from the ground up in the geck or is there anyway to copy it over?

I don't believe this is possible.

So my girlfriend got a copy of New Vegas for Christmas, and she's having a lot of fun with Buildable Bots, but... not in the way I think the creator intended.

Yep. That's an rear end in a top hat, front and centre.

e: :doh: I am having a hell of a time with one of the last meshes I need to produce. It's done but for some reason crashes the game every time I put it on. :argh:

doomfunk fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 15, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

Yeah this would be great, some of the replacement choices are downright retarded.

Well, the good news is that I'm half way done correcting his moronic texture location issues... for. every. single. model. Seriously, shoot me now. The only thing that literally terrifies me is opening up his ESP in GECK only to find out that he actually literally replaced the in-game weapons by simply swapping out their art files or something crazy like that. Because there's a LOT of models here and the thought of adding each and every one of them by hand makes me want to squeeze something fluffy to death.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Amstrad posted:

To quote an earlier request a few of us really dug-- I know it's not a weapon or equipment, really but I'd love is someone could do this:

Syrant posted:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39167

This mod just gave me an idea (well the mod it uses for the esm).

ED-E skin: Servitor Skull. :hellyeah:

Wouldn't be too hard to do to replace ED-E's model with the servitor skull from http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5885 would it?

I'm not sure how easy it would be to just make the lasers come out of nowhere or possibly link it to an eye-socket and hopefully orient it a little more upright, but it would make ED-E even more awesome.

Theres a quick shot of it so you don't have to hunt through the pictures.

Syrant fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jan 15, 2011

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

SheepNameKiller posted:

Check out the posts I made on pages 16 (screenshots) and 17 (instructions). You have the same tastes I do and I made those posts for people like you! :) Ah hell I'll just copy and paste 'em.

This is a pretty fantastic setup, but you might have to append Existence 2.0 as being mandatory for nightcrawling :) I was wandering around the desert at night to get a feel for the lighting, and a brahmin wandered out from behind a trailer and made me jump out of my chair. Awesome.

As for disabling the weather effects, do you mean the cloudy/foggy/whatever settings, or the rainstorms/sandstorms? I wasn't sure which to disable, but it was going pretty crash-free for the 5-10 minutes I farted around with it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Naky posted:

Well, the good news is that I'm half way done correcting his moronic texture location issues... for. every. single. model. Seriously, shoot me now. The only thing that literally terrifies me is opening up his ESP in GECK only to find out that he actually literally replaced the in-game weapons by simply swapping out their art files or something crazy like that. Because there's a LOT of models here and the thought of adding each and every one of them by hand makes me want to squeeze something fluffy to death.

I know how the texture thing feels. I didn't have to change as many but the .nif files were over 10 MB each. NifSkope slowing to a crawl while New Vegas happily displayed them item sucked balls.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

potaties posted:

As for disabling the weather effects, do you mean the cloudy/foggy/whatever settings, or the rainstorms/sandstorms? I wasn't sure which to disable, but it was going pretty crash-free for the 5-10 minutes I farted around with it.

Cloudy/foggy/etc, until you disable them you're actually using Nevada Skies lighting for the daytime instead of URWL lighting. Not disabling them isn't likely to cause crashes, and you might even prefer to play with them enabled when all is said and done, but do keep in mind that they totally overwrite URWL, so it comes down to what you want to pick.

Sandstorms and Rain should still happen with these options disabled since they're scripted but you might need to change their frequency in the hygrograph as kind of an "on switch" before they start occurring, it runs the add script for these options which is necessary since you're using URWL's climate settings instead of Nevada Skies.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jan 15, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Mental Midget posted:

Does anyone know if using the command showracemenu fucks up your perks? I remember reading something about that happening so I've been avoiding using it this playthrough.. but I wanna play as the opposite sex for a while

Nope, it shouldn't do that. I use it quite frequently to tweak my character's face when I get bored with it.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So when I have URWL, NVskies, and Electro-City, what esps should I have ticked?

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Brace posted:

So when I have URWL, NVskies, and Electro-City, what esps should I have ticked?

Scroll about halfway up the page and check out SheepNameKiller's guide. Even then, you can still tweak THAT further, depending on all the settings you want. Everything is very customizable. Also, Electro-City's readme files have tons of info to getting what you want working. I think the only important thing is not to use the original Nevada Skies esp, and to use the LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp in its place.

edit: OK I guess the other important thing is the load order but that's in SheepNameKiller's post

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

potaties posted:

Scroll about halfway up the page and check out SheepNameKiller's guide. Even then, you can still tweak THAT further, depending on all the settings you want. Everything is very customizable. Also, Electro-City's readme files have tons of info to getting what you want working. I think the only important thing is not to use the original Nevada Skies esp, and to use the LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp in its place.

edit: OK I guess the other important thing is the load order but that's in SheepNameKiller's post

What about the NV-URWL Compatibility patch esp ?

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

Brace posted:

What about the NV-URWL Compatibility patch esp ?

The Nevada Skies description says that the URWL compatibility patch takes the place of the stand-alone URWL. Therefore, you uncheck the stand-alone URWL if you have it, then move NV-URWL into the recommended slot.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Terpfen posted:

The Nevada Skies description says that the URWL compatibility patch takes the place of the stand-alone URWL. Therefore, you uncheck the stand-alone URWL if you have it, then move NV-URWL into the recommended slot.

I'm not 100% positive that's even necessary, though. It seems to be for an older version of URWL, so I think they're just natively compatible now, aside from disabling the weather effects in Nevada Skies.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

potaties posted:

I'm not 100% positive that's even necessary, though. It seems to be for an older version of URWL, so I think they're just natively compatible now, aside from disabling the weather effects in Nevada Skies.

I haven't looked at the NS guy's compatibility patch but I do know that it's badly outdated, I'll put this on the list to check out tomorrow.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Naky posted:

I'm a little late on this, but an Ahztek repackage that didn't work as a replacer would be fantastic. Inexplicable replacement choices aside, there are some nice looking guns in it (I really like the energy weapons in particular, though most were ridiculously overpowered compared to what they were replacing), but the author's stubborn refusal to make a non-replacer version kills it for me.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

doomfunk posted:

I don't believe this is possible.

So my girlfriend got a copy of New Vegas for Christmas, and she's having a lot of fun with Buildable Bots, but... not in the way I think the creator intended.

Yep. That's an rear end in a top hat, front and centre.

I don't understand this post at all, what is interesting/surprising about this picture? How does it relate to buildable robots?

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

potaties posted:

But you still need the Nevada Skies data, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

Syrant posted:

There's only one thing that need be done now, and that is to make a Morte companion mod. Everybody drop what you're doing and get to work on this.