Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Ara posted:

I don't understand this post at all, what is interesting/surprising about this picture? How does it relate to buildable robots?

Rather than bother with building robots she's just butchering people and assembling a zombie army. Buildable Bots lets you play Dr. Frankenstein.

e: and the 'rear end in a top hat' bit is for Spaceballs, where the goons on the ship wear these big white bubble helmets, for additional context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Zenzirouj posted:

There's only one thing that need be done now, and that is to make a Morte companion mod. Everybody drop what you're doing and get to work on this.

Only if I can have old lady Gibson dig around in my guts for trinkets. :colbert:

And Vhailor.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Disco De Soto posted:

But you still need the Nevada Skies data, correct?

Yeah, if you don't install Nevada Skies normally, you get a bunch of weird red exclamation point triangles over your character instead of, say, sandstorms. You just want to skip the main .esp and use the replacement one from Electro-City.

Ara
Oct 18, 2003

doomfunk posted:

Rather than bother with building robots she's just butchering people and assembling a zombie army. Buildable Bots lets you play Dr. Frankenstein.

e: and the 'rear end in a top hat' bit is for Spaceballs, where the goons on the ship wear these big white bubble helmets, for additional context.

Oh okay, thanks. There doesn't seem to be anything about the zombie part on the mod description page. Didn't get the Spaceballs thing either.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

For all you guys yakking about lighting, the ElectroCity and URWL guys just put up a lighting controller accessible in game:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39619

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?

SheepNameKiller posted:

Somewhere near the bottom of your load order you should have this and in this order, load order is really important in this case since some of these mods overlap. Highways and Byways is optional of course.

LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp
URWLNV.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35570)
Electro-City - Completed Workorders.esp
Electro-City - Highways and Byways.esp
Electro-City - Emittance.esp
URWLNV Darker Night.esp (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35315)

Once you get in game you select emittance level MED, which is actually very important to getting the desired look. And don't forget to disable the nevada skies weather patterns so that it doesn't bug out URWL.

I'm pretty sure none of that really applies to me but here goes.
See I've been using the auto-sort mode in FOMM and what's happened is that it's continuously put Nevada Skies somewhere in the middle - ie. it wasn't actually fully working.
I realised this and moved it to the end of the load list and it does seem to be working ok - but are the nights meant to be THIS dark? I had a look around and there doesn't seem to be any modular options, just take the nice weather and skies AND the pitch black nights or none of it.

My load list

FalloutNV.esm
More Perks.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
Compiled Patch.esp
Red Lucy (Knobody13 request).esp
Silus (Vcat request).esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
SaveKey.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
Lore version.esp
IIWR 2.1.0.esp
UHNV.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
More Perks Update.esp
unlocked armors v2_2.esp
Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
LootableOldCars_OE.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
WMR_WME_A.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
Feng Shui NV.esp
noautoaim.esp
RepairKit.esp
UnderwaterFX.esp
UWFXGodrays.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Emittance.esp
LUMENARIUMandELECTROCITY - Nevada Skies Replacer.esp

Total active plugins: 36
Total plugins: 37

I'm actually yet to try the game with EC emittance on - is it a resource hog? I'm barely above spec as it is. And using the NS replacer is the right thing to do right? Disable NS standalone and enable the replacer to use with Electro City?
And are there any night vision scope mods?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Thanks to everyone for their ideas, I'm definitely going to be using some of them.
The one that jumped out at me the most was the legendary creatures one, so here we go:

(totally stole the image idea from Roman)

Download

You'll have to spawn this stuff through console for now, but I may build a quest around it in the future.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Amstrad posted:

Thanks to everyone for their ideas, I'm definitely going to be using some of them.
The one that jumped out at me the most was the legendary creatures one, so here we go:

Can't wait to see more of these.

Zenzirouj posted:

There's only one thing that need be done now, and that is to make a Morte companion mod. Everybody drop what you're doing and get to work on this.

Murray?

Hobo on Fire posted:

For all you guys yakking about lighting, the ElectroCity and URWL guys just put up a lighting controller accessible in game:

This looks amazing - if it's compatible with most of the other weather/lighting mods then this is great because it does everything you want in one package - it's not just for ElectroCity and URWL. I'll try it out later with Western Skies and WS Darker Nights.

Danger - Octopus! fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jan 15, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Murray?

Nope, but it's okay, he's used to being forgotten.

Don't trust the skull.

Did any PS:T mods come out in F3? That would be interesting. Default ghoul start: The Nameless One unique ghoul texture.

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

Hobo on Fire posted:

God damnit this is just what I need right now, MORE customization :argh:

(But seriously, I was about to install py-DOF and now it's included with Emittance and other fun stuff. Nice!)

People Have Died
Aug 30, 2003

I've been looking/waiting for a mod that lets you start companion's side quests at your leisure, rather than force you to ditch your preferred companion in the hopes that the new one will randomly start their quest with you

I can't find one on Nexus, does such a thing exist yet?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

doomfunk posted:

I don't believe this is possible.

So my girlfriend got a copy of New Vegas for Christmas, and she's having a lot of fun with Buildable Bots, but... not in the way I think the creator intended.

Yep. That's an rear end in a top hat, front and centre.

e: :doh: I am having a hell of a time with one of the last meshes I need to produce. It's done but for some reason crashes the game every time I put it on. :argh:

The gun where did oyu get it

Not even pretending to put om effort anymore, just gimme the guns.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

People Have Died posted:

I've been looking/waiting for a mod that lets you start companion's side quests at your leisure, rather than force you to ditch your preferred companion in the hopes that the new one will randomly start their quest with you

I can't find one on Nexus, does such a thing exist yet?

Use one of the mods that allows you to have multiple companions?

Or are you wanting a mod that effectively skips past the companion sidequest trigger events?

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
I just saw this over on the bethsoft forum:
The NCR Mod. It looks quite impressive, but I have already spent way too much time merging mods that I am afraid to take on another big mod like this. (having said that I am already downloading it and planning to install it... :ohdear:)

quote:

The NCR Mod allows those who Embraced the NCR to join them officially and even sign up for the NCR military.

You start by saving Primm and handing it to the NCR for protection, that is how you earn your NCR Citizen ship and your life in the NCR begins.
Or you earn the respect of the NCR and find alternative way to join, the choice is yours.

During your time with the NCR you will find your self subject to its laws, should you harm the NCR you will find your self outcast and stripped of your ranks and citizenship papers. If that happens you will have to earn their trust again to get back in. But should you help the NCR, you will find the NCR opening doors for you that you never new existed.

Also, I'd love some guidance in regard the following:
1) I used to use Phalanx's companion mod, since it wasn't updated anymore, I switched to using a bunch of companion mods:
Companion De-Equip
Companion Neutrality Act (I only got this because Boone aggros everything...)
Companion Infinite Ammo
Companion Level 30 Cap
Distant Companion Fix
And few other mods specific to a particular companion (for E-DE, Rex, Veronica and Cass).

I have merged them as best as I can using FNVEdit, but for the life of me I can't figure out why I have:
- 2 Rexes... Both of them seem to have too much HP which caused the hp value to wrap around into the negatives...
- Raul constantly wears a space suit and a space helm that is unremovable, both of which just appeared on him one day... It is just really starting to bother me now.
Any ideas? Maybe another mod is causing these?

2) I used Wrye Flash to patch in the facial changes from Fallout NV Redesigned. But I am not entirely sure that everything that I am doing is correct with that merge. Since I still ended up having to remove Ling's so that Cass and Veronica didn't look like one of those ladies that really use way too much makeup.

People Have Died
Aug 30, 2003

Use one of the mods that allows you to have multiple companions?

Or are you wanting a mod that effectively skips past the companion sidequest trigger events?

The latter, like it just adds a dialogue option that says "START SIDEQUEST"

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Are there any mods that add the trench coat that Jay Barnes/Crusoe wears as a wearable item? I want to be a detective too :(

lipstick thespian
Sep 20, 2005

by Ozmaugh
I've long had a dream to play through the game as princess (the super annoying gate guard in little lamplight in Fallout 3) wielding a golf club and just basically driving the poo poo out of people. For this I need one of those overblown physics mods.

FWE had a setting where you could tune up the physics to ridiculous levels in Fallout 3, is there anything similar out yet for FNV?

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Hobo on Fire posted:

That's pretty amazing, makes it so you don't need to use multiple mods at once and fudge with load order - just pick URWL, Fellout or Nevada Skies and tweak it to your liking. Also can make nights as dark as you really want them to be.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Amstrad posted:

Download

You'll have to spawn this stuff through console for now, but I may build a quest around it in the future.
That looks great. I can't wait to try these out in-game. A quest based on this sounds like a good idea as well.

lethial posted:

Also, I'd love some guidance in regard the following:
1) I used to use Phalanx's companion mod, since it wasn't updated anymore, I switched to using a bunch of companion mods:
Companion De-Equip
Companion Neutrality Act (I only got this because Boone aggros everything...)
Companion Infinite Ammo
Companion Level 30 Cap
Distant Companion Fix
And few other mods specific to a particular companion (for E-DE, Rex, Veronica and Cass).

I have merged them as best as I can using FNVEdit, but for the life of me I can't figure out why I have:
- 2 Rexes... Both of them seem to have too much HP which caused the hp value to wrap around into the negatives...
- Raul constantly wears a space suit and a space helm that is unremovable, both of which just appeared on him one day... It is just really starting to bother me now.
Any ideas? Maybe another mod is causing these?
Why are you merging all these in FNVedit. I doubt most of them will conflict with eachother. I'm almost certain Companion De-Equip and Companion Infinite Ammo won't need to be merged with anything to function correctly. If you activate the mods individually rather than merging them, you can deactivate them one at a time to see which ones (if any) are causing the problem.

Also, you can get rid of Raul's space suit via the console. Just open the console, select Raul, and use 'showinventory' to find the ID numbers of the space suit and helmet. Then, use 'removeitem [id] 1' to remove them.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Amstrad posted:

Download

That looks great, can't wait to try it out.

Here's how I made a quest in the G.E.C.K. to make my pack automatically spawn stuff in the player's inventory like the DLC packs:

In the Object Window, create a new message script (or edit an existing one, change the ID, and save as new form) in Miscellaneous/Message. Enter as follows:

ID: DLCExampleNotice
Icon: NONE
Title: Example Pack
Message Box: (checked)
Message Text: Example Pack items added to inventory.

Everything else should be blank. Go to Actor Data/Quest and create a new Quest. In the Quest Data tab (other tabs should be default and left alone) enter:

Quest Name: (This can be left blank)
ID: ExamplePackQuest
Priority: 1
Start Game Enabled: (checked)
Script Processing Delay: (Check Default)

Everything else should be blank/default. Click OK at the bottom to create the quest. The re-open ExamplePackQuest, click the "..." next to Script. In the Script Editing window, Click Script/New. For Script Type select Quest in the drop down box. Then enter:

code:
ScriptName ExamplePackQuestSCRIPT

short doonce

begin gamemode

if doonce == 0

ShowMessage DLCExampleNotice 1
Player.AddItem ExampleWeapon 1
Player.AddItem ExampleArmor 1
Player.AddItem ExampleWhateverelsejustusetheItemNameandNOTtheFormIDnumber 5
stopquest ExamplePackQuest
set doonce to 1

endif

end
Then click Save, then Exit. Unless there's an error in the script it should just close. Click OK to close the Quest window, DON'T just select the script in the drop down window because it may not show up yet. Give it a moment. Maybe go to Misclellaneous/Script and make sure it's there, THEN go back to the quest, Select ExamplePackQuestSCRIPT in the drop down window and click OK. Then save the plugin file as ExamplePackQuest.esp

For a single item you can just put this stuff in the item's .esp. Since I was making an all in one pack I made it all an .esm using FNVEdit. Convert ExamplePackQuest.esp into the actual .esm file, then add the weapons and such into it.

Roman fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Jan 15, 2011

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Are there any mods that add the trench coat that Jay Barnes/Crusoe wears as a wearable item? I want to be a detective too :(

Give me a few minutes to find it in the GECK. No idea what category it's listed under (armor is loving huge)

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Dickeye posted:

The gun where did oyu get it

Not even pretending to put om effort anymore, just gimme the guns.

Believe it or not, Blackblossom's African-American Albino has some pretty nicely-done blinged-out pistols. I ran around in the Kerberos armour with the Walther P99 for a while, it was hilarious. Like some sort of finger-gun.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
About 75% done fixing the texture paths on this pack. This is so mindnumbing. Dreading the M4A1 because there were fifteen million separate textures on each and every AR15 variation and there were like 10 of those so that was plenty of fun right there. Personally, I like the missing textures that aren't even in the pack period forcing me to track down whatever mod he stole from so I can get 'em. Good times.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

potaties posted:

I'm not 100% positive that's even necessary, though. It seems to be for an older version of URWL, so I think they're just natively compatible now, aside from disabling the weather effects in Nevada Skies.

I haven’t looked at Nevada Skies for a few weeks, but my understanding is that the only way it achieves compatibility with URWL is by basically using its own version, thus the compatibility patch and the very outdated version.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Which ammo crafting mod do you guys use? I was planning on exploiting hollow points to get casings/shells for armor-piercing and slugs, only to be thwarted by my inability to break hollow points down.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dunno if this has been posted yet but the guy behind "Electro City" has come out with an expanded new tool called "The Imaginator" that allows you to have an inventory tool to change almost everything about how the visuals in New Vegas are presented. Contrast, color saturation, filters - it's basically got everything you need to fine tune the game to look how you want it to.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39619

I'm a big fan of the inclusion of a saturation tool so that I can get that high contrast low color saturation look that I really enjoy and used to have to use a bullet time / vats combination glitch to get the game to look like that while I play. It's also got some depth of field options and some other things built in as well.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jan 15, 2011

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Which ammo crafting mod do you guys use? I was planning on exploiting hollow points to get casings/shells for armor-piercing and slugs, only to be thwarted by my inability to break hollow points down.

I use gtab's TFR ammo mod. It's awesome. NFI why but it's not on the nexus in this state yet as far as I know.

gtab added .50 BMG rifle grenades and grenade launcher buckshot, among other beautiful things. :clint:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Question for later, is there a way to duplicate items in GECK within the Object Window? Some of these guns have multiple variants and while it'd be a nice project way down the line to simply make them moddable like in the game that's not something I want to do right now. That being said, I'd rather only make one entry and duplicate it for the same stats while changing the ID and art files. Please tell me this is possible...

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That should be as easy as changing the item's ID and hitting the OK button. It should ask if you want to create a new entry since the ID was changed.

doomfunk posted:

I use gtab's TFR ammo mod. It's awesome. NFI why but it's not on the nexus in this state yet as far as I know.

gtab added .50 BMG rifle grenades and grenade launcher buckshot, among other beautiful things. :clint:

Thanks, I'll check that out.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Naky posted:

Question for later, is there a way to duplicate items in GECK within the Object Window? Some of these guns have multiple variants and while it'd be a nice project way down the line to simply make them moddable like in the game that's not something I want to do right now. That being said, I'd rather only make one entry and duplicate it for the same stats while changing the ID and art files. Please tell me this is possible...

Yep, that's completely possible.
That's generally how I go about making new weapons/armor as well, just duplicating existing stuff and slightly alter stats and art.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Amstrad posted:

Yep, that's completely possible.
That's generally how I go about making new weapons/armor as well, just duplicating existing stuff and slightly alter stats and art.

How would I go about doing it? From memory, there's nothing in the right click menu. I think. Been a while since I've done serious GECK work beyond a quick weapon port where I didn't need to do any duplication.

edit: nevermind. Edit menu, Duplicate or control D for a shortcut. I blame fixing all these texture paths for lowering my IQ.

Naky fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 15, 2011

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Okay I could really use some help.

early test upload of my mod - just unrar into your /data folder and go. Three of the female armour meshes are causing me crashes when I equip them; I need to know if anyone else has this problem, and/or if this has an easy solution. They were working beautifully, no issues, before 11pm last night and this is driving me crazy.

The coat-on meshes are legacy remnants of my first go at the mod back in Nov and are just really sloppy and bad. Check them out if you want, because the final versions will be nothing like that. They'll be the boxes with the bear on top.

I also need to re-weight the tails on the "ghost" suit. They still act like they wrap around the leg, and that's stupid.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I now have such an unfathomable hatred for the AR15 and all its similar variants. M14, SAW, and M16 are the last to fix before the work in GECK starts.

Out of curiosity, while I'm doing this unofficially anyway, should I just add some of those separate weapon mods into the same pack? It's not like this will ever go on Nexus (because I refuse to track down each and every fucker that ever even sniffed at one of these things) and it's already pretty big. Might be nice to have a giant rear end all-in-one pack for SA.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Started on 'This Machine'..

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Schubalts posted:

Mod Pack

Hey, this mod pack with the crossbow and stuff - where does the gear turn up in-game?

(thanks for putting on mediafire etc)

Heti
May 22, 2007

I like Video Games

lipstick thespian posted:

I've long had a dream to play through the game as princess (the super annoying gate guard in little lamplight in Fallout 3) wielding a golf club and just basically driving the poo poo out of people. For this I need one of those overblown physics mods.

FWE had a setting where you could tune up the physics to ridiculous levels in Fallout 3, is there anything similar out yet for FNV?

EVERYBODY GOLF http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37991

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
The guy who did the Handgun Animation Replacer has upgraded his mod to Weapon Animation Replacers! In addition to new handgun animations, he's also covered revolver and SMG animations, and just recently released rifle animations, which includes shotguns and rifles, and also assault rifles like the carbine and LMG. They look loving boss.

I asked the guy to make two-handed aimed shot pistol animations, and he said he'd work on them after he finished up the rifle animations :dance:

EDIT: also featured is the newest piece of armor in the desert scorpion mod, an alternate, badassed version of Geonox's Riot Armor.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

Anyone know what the typical reason is for "flickering" textures, or textures that flash in and out at a very quick pace? I have a couple spots in my game where it totally ruins the mood, and I'm trying to figure out a way to correct it.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Hey, this mod pack with the crossbow and stuff - where does the gear turn up in-game?

(thanks for putting on mediafire etc)

They're on the supports of the Goodsprings water tower. The one at the graveyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Anyone know if there is anything similar to Little Boy for New Vegas? It was pretty handy to have access to all those utilities in the tray, especially the process-killing hotkey.