Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Question for those of you who have used Ahztek's pack, did you find his weapons overpowered or underpowered? I'll go about rebalancing after I'm done bringing everything back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Coughing Hobo posted:

The guy who did the Handgun Animation Replacer has upgraded his mod to Weapon Animation Replacers! In addition to new handgun animations, he's also covered revolver and SMG animations, and just recently released rifle animations, which includes shotguns and rifles, and also assault rifles like the carbine and LMG. They look loving boss.

Oh sweet, I really liked the handgun animations he did :D

E:

Naky posted:

Question for those of you who have used Ahztek's pack, did you find his weapons overpowered or underpowered? I'll go about rebalancing after I'm done bringing everything back in.

Hilariously overpowered. I cleaned out Dead Wind Cave with the Auto-5 shotgun.

A twenty gauge should not be able to toss deathclaws around. :pwn:

lethial
Apr 29, 2009

NotInventedHere posted:

That looks great. I can't wait to try these out in-game. A quest based on this sounds like a good idea as well.

Why are you merging all these in FNVedit. I doubt most of them will conflict with eachother. I'm almost certain Companion De-Equip and Companion Infinite Ammo won't need to be merged with anything to function correctly. If you activate the mods individually rather than merging them, you can deactivate them one at a time to see which ones (if any) are causing the problem.

Also, you can get rid of Raul's space suit via the console. Just open the console, select Raul, and use 'showinventory' to find the ID numbers of the space suit and helmet. Then, use 'removeitem [id] 1' to remove them.

Thanks for the help. I should clarify, you are right that some of the companion mods have no conflict at all, I mentioned them since I thought that maybe there are more advanced ways to check for conflicts.

However, I am not sure if De-equip is even working, since when I was debugging I disabled it and I was still able to remove npc specific items from my companions, and even with the inf ammo mod, the companions still seem to not use the weapons that I gave them... :(

Do you guys have any experiences with using custom companion mods like EZ_Companion or RR companions or NCCS companions?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Schubalts posted:

They're on the supports of the Goodsprings water tower. The one at the graveyard.

Thanks. I'm at the point where various parts of Goodsprings are a bit crowded with containers full of modded gear, since a lot of Nexus people seem to use the same places to keep their modded items.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38719

A World of Pain just got updated.

quote:

LAST UPDATED 15/01/11
Version 0.3 is complete!
Battle your way into The Underground in a new four part quest.
10 new locations added and three major locations altered & expanded.
New areas:
Underground Access West
Underground Incomplete Sector
The Abyss
Hershey's Bar
Worker's Barracks
Unused Mini-Vault Home
Underground Reactor Sector B
Power Station B
2x Abandoned Underground Houses
Plus some other changes detailed in the link.

Note that this is a LOOT HEAVY mod. As in every dungeon is like the end of Dead Money. The reduced loot version won't be out until after he's all done. So you might want a few of these:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39611

Huge Ghost
Jun 26, 2007

a lil' horse
Anybody know of a good mod that makes the game more like a regular FPS? Something that'll make fighting increased spawns not impossible.

Vita
Nov 7, 2009
I was playing around with an infinite ammo mod earlier when I noticed something odd - it doesn't seem to work for the Gatling Laser. The way the mod works is make the chances of cases and discharges 100%, and instead of the case or discharged ammo, you get the actual ammo for that gun. I noticed that I was continually losing ammo with the Gatling Laser, around 25 per clip. Does anyone know why, or is it a hardcap on how many cases a gun can discharge at once or whatever?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Dickeye posted:

Give me a few minutes to find it in the GECK. No idea what category it's listed under (armor is loving huge)

Oh man, thanks for taking your time, it would be much appreciated.

Also, hell yeah World of Pain and Weapon Animation Replacer updates!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Christian Dinosaur posted:

Anybody know of a good mod that makes the game more like a regular FPS? Something that'll make fighting increased spawns not impossible.

Bullet time was a pretty good change for me. Might make it too easy, but you can adjust how quickly it drains AP to your needs.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I'm just starting to poke around at NV modding but can I just say that I've been here more or less on a daily basis for going on eleven years now and that is one of the best OPs I have ever seen.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Co-sine posted:

IF I ever got around to making a mod, it would totally be a big-game hunting one. New weapons, monsters etc. Kind of like the New vegas bounties, but with wasteland monsters.

Monster Hunter: New Vegas.

I would Endorse the gently caress out of that mod. Somebody should make this, if I didn't have too many other mods I'm working on I would be down for this.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Whew. Finally done importing all the weapons into a separate mod in GECK. Just gotta work on the balancing and place all the weapons into a container and shove it somewhere. Once I'm done with it, any one of you can go ahead and go about making a store, quest, display area, whatever but I'm just about done with it all.

lipstick thespian
Sep 20, 2005

by Ozmaugh

YESSSSSSSSSSS

This is exactly what I'm looking for. :q:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Hum. So far Ahztek's weapons are all underpowered compared to the stock weapons he replaces. Perhaps it gets crazy later but so far I've actually had to pump up the numbers a bit to give you a reason to even want to use them at all.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Arenovalis posted:

Started on 'This Machine'..
I think I love you.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Guys, the weapon animation replacer mod has been up for 2 days... keep up with the times :unsmigghh:

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'm almost kind of wishing the World of Pain guy wasn't putting quests in there. It's really odd talking to NPCs with no voice acting, and if they DO put in voice acting the likelihood is high that it will suck.

Just give me a bunch of dungeons with loot and monsters, that's all I want. Maybe give them some atmosphere with some terminals with old logs or notes to read, maybe a radio signal.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

rivetz posted:

I'm just starting to poke around at NV modding but can I just say that I've been here more or less on a daily basis for going on eleven years now and that is one of the best OPs I have ever seen.

Good! Glad you like it. I'm trying to get it updated every couple of days, too, so there won't be any obsolete or broken stuff in the OP that a lot of threads get.

Christian Dinosaur posted:

Try out the "MAD" overhaul listed in the OP. If necessary, use it in conjunction with an Auto-Aim remover. That should get you pretty close in step with a FPS.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Roman posted:

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38719

A World of Pain just got updated.
Plus some other changes detailed in the link.

Note that this is a LOOT HEAVY mod. As in every dungeon is like the end of Dead Money. The reduced loot version won't be out until after he's all done. So you might want a few of these:
http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39611

What does this dead money reference mean?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Brace posted:

What does this dead money reference mean?

There's a lot of loot at the end of the Dead Money DLC.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Hell Dead Money itself is full of literal loot machines.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So whats an example of the end of a World of Pain dungeon?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Brace posted:

So whats an example of the end of a World of Pain dungeon?

I went in with about 80lbs.

If I picked everything up, I was coming close to 2000lbs. :pwn:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
As I'm balancing these guns, I realize that they are already set up for the stock mod system. So I scrapped his custom mod system and made a 'universal' set of mods that will work for those guns in the pack that can take them. So if you want a silencer for 3 different guns in the pack, the same modkit 'silencer' will work for any of them. Simplifies things for me a lot. Also, making pretty good progress here. Might even be able to release a version for testing tonight depending on how I feel, but likely tomorrow.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Capn Beeb posted:

I went in with about 80lbs.

If I picked everything up, I was coming close to 2000lbs. :pwn:

What could even weigh close to 2000 lbs... please more examples

HOW DO I RESET MY CASM HOTKEY :smith:

Brace fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jan 16, 2011

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
How badly does that unbalance the rest of the game? Is it just a lot of crap?

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Arenovalis posted:

Started on 'This Machine'..

This Machine Makes Awesome Retextures.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Periodiko posted:

How badly does that unbalance the rest of the game? Is it just a lot of crap?
In some places, just 1 or two guys can hold as much loot as one of the vanilla NV locations. And that doesn't count the rest of the stuff in the dungeon.

Usually you have to fight through a lot of poo poo to get to it, but it does kind of dull the thrill of discovery when you just know every guy you kill is going to have a full inventory full of stuff.

He has heard the complaints and will release a reduced loot version without the special variant weapons ("Assault Carbine M" etc.) but that won't be until he's done with the whole thing.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Seriously guys, how do I reset my CASM hotkey, I really need it to be operational again, also I think I'm gonna give World of Pain a whirl

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Coughing Hobo posted:

The guy who did the Handgun Animation Replacer has upgraded his mod to Weapon Animation Replacers! In addition to new handgun animations, he's also covered revolver and SMG animations, and just recently released rifle animations, which includes shotguns and rifles, and also assault rifles like the carbine and LMG. They look loving boss.

I asked the guy to make two-handed aimed shot pistol animations, and he said he'd work on them after he finished up the rifle animations :dance:

I am being a bit stupid tonight but how exactly am I suppoed to install this? I read the readme but opening the packages up in FOMM doesn't really do anything. Can I not just drop the Package files into the data directory or is that going to poo poo on something?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Welp, that's it for tonight. 17 weapons in, balanced, moddable and ready for testing, with a whopping 36 left not including any I add.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Syrant posted:

I am being a bit stupid tonight but how exactly am I suppoed to install this? I read the readme but opening the packages up in FOMM doesn't really do anything. Can I not just drop the Package files into the data directory or is that going to poo poo on something?

Double click one of the .fomods, you should get some sort of prompt in FOMM, saying "would you like to make a copy" click yes, or no, whatever, and it should start installing.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Naky posted:

Welp, that's it for tonight. 17 weapons in, balanced, moddable and ready for testing, with a whopping 36 left not including any I add.

How many hours total do you think you've put into it so far?

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Getting constant crashes with the new version of World of Pain, all of them happening whenever I exit a dungeon (So far Devils Gullet and Goodsprings Sewer). What a bummer, I just cleared out a golden gecko cave at level 4 and found an awesome lever action shotgun too :(

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

How many hours total do you think you've put into it so far?

10+ at least. This was a pretty big endeavor, which semi-sucks since I won't really be able to share it widely due to the whole permissions poo poo but it's good for me too. I'm a huge gun whore and half of my active mods are separate gun mods. If I create this one mega-gun mod for myself and let others enjoy/use it too, well, that's a plus I suppose and it cuts down on the amount of active mods I have on the go.

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

Brace posted:

Seriously guys, how do I reset my CASM hotkey, I really need it to be operational again, also I think I'm gonna give World of Pain a whirl

I don't use CASM, but did you try uninstalling, saving, and then reinstalling?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Naky posted:

10+ at least. This was a pretty big endeavor, which semi-sucks since I won't really be able to share it widely due to the whole permissions poo poo but it's good for me too. I'm a huge gun whore and half of my active mods are separate gun mods. If I create this one mega-gun mod for myself and let others enjoy/use it too, well, that's a plus I suppose and it cuts down on the amount of active mods I have on the go.

Not necessarily, it will be shared widely among modding goons, because if you pull it off right, the OP will of course add it to the OP as the de-facto tactilol gun mod and many goons will sperg because of your hours.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Brace posted:

Not necessarily, it will be shared widely among modding goons, because if you pull it off right, the OP will of course add it to the OP as the de-facto tactilol gun mod and many goons will sperg because of your hours.

Yeah, which is why I'm doing it.

Hey, Arenovalis, you mind if I throw your Mossberg n' Mac10 in with the pack? I figure since you actually post here and I know they're yours, I'll ask :P While I'm not much of a readme guy, I promise I'll make it clear that none of the artwork and such is mine as I always do.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I've been testing Project Nevada the past two days and I have to say, it is pretty sweet. Way more modular than FWE was - and everything is polished as gently caress. The Cyberware part is actually one of the best portions of the mod - I didn't think I'd like an implant overhaul, but they made it pretty seamless and real fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Gyshall posted:

I've been testing Project Nevada the past two days and I have to say, it is pretty sweet. Way more modular than FWE was - and everything is polished as gently caress. The Cyberware part is actually one of the best portions of the mod - I didn't think I'd like an implant overhaul, but they made it pretty seamless and real fun.

You're a tester for it? what kind of new weapons/armor/health,stat,damage modifications does it make?