Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Yesterday Graham Elwood tweeted a picture of him on the FuelTV Daily Habit set and it happens that I have a friend who is a PA for that show in charge of dealing with the shows special guests. I hit up my buddy immediately to see if he could get Graham to draw me a pair of kitten hands for me. Unfortunately Graham had just walked out the door and my buddy who had no idea who he was says he was one of the coolest and nicest guests he'd dealt with.

So being bored at the office and bummed I didn't call my friend a few minutes earlier I sent an e-mail to the general CFN inbox and got this in reply.

Graham Elwood posted:

Right on! That show was a blast. Sorry I didn't get chance to scratch that out for you, I had to run to the eye doctor. I have 20/20 so its all good. Thanks for listening to the show. The episode is supposed to air next wednesday.

Nice Kitten hands

Thought it was pretty cool that he even bothered to reply. I found out about CFN through this thread and quickly turned into my favorite comedy podcast, check out episode #40 with Laura House if you've been sleeping on these guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Has anyone else been getting File not Found errors on Earwolf? Currently nothing is working on the site for me audio wise. It did it a bit yesterday, but recovered after a few refreshes but no luck tonight. iTunes must link to the same place, as that's not working for me either.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

yancy2010 posted:

Thought it was pretty cool that he even bothered to reply. I found out about CFN through this thread and quickly turned into my favorite comedy podcast, check out episode #40 with Laura House if you've been sleeping on these guys.
Laura House is hilarious, episode 13 is the other show she's done, and it's one of their funniest so far.

They also just had Brian Posehn on. They got into horror movies a little bit, I was hoping they'd go deeper but Graham and Chris don't seem to care for the genre much themselves.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Got the latest episode of Digital Porridge up, a special sleepover episode with a wee bit of alcohol!

RSS feed and iTunes link

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The OP is in serious need of revamping. :(

King Lou
Jun 3, 2004
They say the fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live

I was just looking at my blogs stats. I was kind of stunned to see this:

Average data transferred per day: 2.17 gigabytes (2.24 gigabytes)

Thats way higher than I thought. A lot of that is some of my images are SUPER popular so I get all this google image traffic. Still waiting for Dreamhost to tell me if they are throttling my site when too many people try to DL.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
The WTF with Rob Corddry is a great one--Maron is in a good mood because of the NYT article, Corddry is upbeat and doesn't have any major addictions or other personal problems, and it's hilarious. (The darker episodes are great, but it's nice to hear one that's this light.)

Near the beginning Maron mentions that he just interviewed Kevin Smith... That should be interesting.

SpeedoJoe
Feb 23, 2006

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

"Return to Sender: Junk Mail of the Mind"

Their lack of humor is exceeded only by their complete idiocy. I tried to listen to a couple of episodes and they're intolerable. The "lesbian" sounds like an insufferable bitch who you'd find hanging out in front of a Hot Topic (in Canada) and the guy, while he seems to be a nice enough dude, is a moron. They don't seem like people who would normally be hanging out with each other, which leads me to believe that the guy is only around because nobody else would put up with the "lesbian" (emphasis on the quotes, because I'm betting she's just being provocative).

I guess that seems harsh, but I really could not stand that show.

I've been giving it another go and I get what you're saying. They seem like nice enough people but the guy is a nieve idiot and the girl seems like an attention seeker at times.

I'm probably not going to keep with it for much longer, to be honest.

SpeedoJoe fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 15, 2011

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

drawkcab si eman ym posted:

Has anyone given "How Did This Get Made?" with Paul Scheer a shot? It is constantly hilarious. He's had on Nick Kroll and Chris Hardwick so far with Kroll helping review "Burlesque" and Hardwick helping with "Season of the Witch". I can't remember laughing out loud so many times during a podcast.

I listened to the "Season of the Witch" one and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I was internally yelling, "They're called Plague Doctors, you tards!"

And yes, I will preemptively :goonsay: myself on that.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Majorian posted:

I listened to the "Season of the Witch" one and thoroughly enjoyed it, although I was internally yelling, "They're called Plague Doctors, you tards!"

And yes, I will preemptively :goonsay: myself on that.
You can goonsay me too, that bothered the hell out of me. It's a really hosed up and weird part of history and it's too bad it was wasted on a movie like this.

cioxx
Jul 14, 2001

The_Rob posted:

These are all great episodes, but i want to throw in his episode with Patrice O'Neil. That episode is amazing and gets super real. WTF is a great podcast.

Yeah, I second this. That episode was so good I had to rewind it and listen to it again back when it aired. Really eye-opening stuff. Though, I generally skip most of WTF these days if it's some no-name comedian who fails to bring the funny in the first 10 minutes.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

cioxx posted:

Yeah, I second this. That episode was so good I had to rewind it and listen to it again back when it aired. Really eye-opening stuff. Though, I generally skip most of WTF these days if it's some no-name comedian who fails to bring the funny in the first 10 minutes.

It's amazing to me that I keep hearing this, because I always found him annoying on "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn." But, in retrospect, that may have more to do with the fact that that show was really not very good.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Just started listening to some new (to me) podcasts due to this thread.

WTF has been ok when I like the guest, but I can't take the intro 10 minutes.. actually most of the parts where Mark is talking.

UYD.. I just started from the beginning since it gets so much love here. I'm not blown away just yet but I'm patient, I'll give it time.

My usual routine includes Seven Second Delay, I know that's been mentioned here. Been listening to those guys for the last 12 years or so. The live shows at the UCB theater are great to check out in person if you get the chance.

I like just about anything with Turpster, so The Incredible Podcast is a favorite.

I'm getting back into old Joe Frank episodes. I used to hear them on WFMU every week. If you like This American Life you'll want to hear Joe Frank, it's pretty clear that Ira Glass got a lot of inspiration here (as he's said many times).

Smodcast has been getting stale lately, maybe it's the live shows. I like it more when it's just the two of them at home.

Tell em Steve Dave is probably the best thing on the Smodcast network these days, those guys even got me listening to Puck Nuts and I don't even follow hockey!

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?
For those that might have fell off, the newest Podcast Eating Contest is a total running commentary (Riff-track or MST3K or whatever you want to call it) of the hilariously bad "All About the Benjamins" starring Ice Cube and Mike Epps.

If you're down with TPEC it's pretty funny and in general it's cool to see people trying different things (see also See You Next Tuesday)

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Walking the room is really great if you love AIDS and sadness.

http://walkingtheroom.libsyn.com/

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

zalderach posted:

Walking the room is really great if you love AIDS and sadness.

http://walkingtheroom.libsyn.com/

I'm a cuddler from the jump. gently caress the orange stealing rednecks! :c00l:

e: their recent guest got me listening to Thirty Odd Foot of Pod out of Australia which is loving hilarious!

clown from the neck down

A PRIZED MULE! fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jan 17, 2011

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Finally listened to an episode of Comedy Death Ray, the latest episode - it made me smile and laugh quite a bit, so it's a keeper!

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I'm a cuddler from the jump. gently caress the orange stealing rednecks! :c00l:

e: their recent guest got me listening to Thirty Odd Foot of Pod out of Australia which is loving hilarious!

clown from the neck down

Clown from the neck down!

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Majorian posted:

It's amazing to me that I keep hearing this, because I always found him annoying on "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn." But, in retrospect, that may have more to do with the fact that that show was really not very good.

Patrice is a highly opinionated... bully's the wrong word, but he will dominate a conversation past the point of entertainment. Marc Maron does a REALLY good job of breaking down the persona in the interview, and the two end up bonding in a really compelling way over the way their personalities have undermined their careers.

Patrice is also a pretty unrepentant misogynist, and Marc calls him on it and makes him really unwrap the origins. It's a very good interview, but probably a little further down on the "comedy" spectrum.

I was talking to a friend of mine about WTF, and I'm starting to think that it's a podcast less for people interested in comedy and more for people who are interested in comedians. Few guests do bits during the show, and it's really more about their process and their psychoses. This tends to go to some really dark places (see: Janeane Garofalo and Sarah Silverman).

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Doug Benson had some guests on this week from the I Am Comic documentary, and I've heard it mentioned on a couple other podcasts. I watched it off Netflix streaming last night, and I found it to be pretty drat funny. I would have to agree with Doug that Tommy Davidson is pretty loving weird, otherwise it was a pretty good glimpse behind the scenes of stand-up and had a pretty big cast of everyone we love. It even has a few obscure people we haven't seen in a long time.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I just bought tickets to go see Doug Benson on Thursday night (in Orlando). I'm sure it'll be awesome, but not enough people will have name tags, I'm sure, and even if they do there's no way I will be able to participate in the Len Maltin game :(

nah
Mar 16, 2009

ALFbrot posted:

I just bought tickets to go see Doug Benson on Thursday night (in Orlando). I'm sure it'll be awesome, but not enough people will have name tags, I'm sure, and even if they do there's no way I will be able to participate in the Len Maltin game :(

Patton Oswalt is performing in Orlando on Friday and I'll be there. Make it awesome back-to-back comedians to end your week :v:

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

bananasinpajamas posted:

Patton Oswalt is performing in Orlando on Friday and I'll be there. Make it awesome back-to-back comedians to end your week :v:

I reeeally want to go but I have prior obligations.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I just listened to the Sarah Silverman eps of Who Charted and The Nerdist back to back and in both shows Lost is brought up and Sarah says, "There is like a hole in my heart from the absence of Lost". That's really cool, and it's not the first time I've heard someone repeat something on a podcast, but it's weird to think that you would say the same exact thing on a "broadcasted" show released in the same week.

And though I like Chris Hardwick, he continues to be a terrible interviewer. Anytime there's a lull he's like, "So how do you write jokes??"

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Wyld Cannon posted:

And though I like Chris Hardwick, he continues to be a terrible interviewer. Anytime there's a lull he's like, "So how do you write jokes??"

I'm listening to the Kevin Smith episode, and they've been riffing for a constant half hour now. It's fantastic.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter
Just started in with the Kevin Pollack podcast. Great stuff, good balance, and interesting conversation. But the length! I'm listening to the tail end of the Andy Richter episode, which is two and a half hours long. I've cleaned the kitchen, cooked and ate lunch, walked the dogs, done some laundry, caught up on e-mail, and I've still got a half hour to go.

NecronSchmecron
Apr 29, 2009

Ah, phooey!

benito posted:

Just started in with the Kevin Pollack podcast. Great stuff, good balance, and interesting conversation. But the length! I'm listening to the tail end of the Andy Richter episode, which is two and a half hours long. I've cleaned the kitchen, cooked and ate lunch, walked the dogs, done some laundry, caught up on e-mail, and I've still got a half hour to go.

Unfortunately the length of his podcast pretty much made me unsubscribe. Also, a lot of the jokes are repeated every episode. There's a lot of funny there, but there's also just a lot of filler stuff in between. An hour and a half is really the best length for a podcast, to be honest.

I wouldn't recommend against subscribing, just know that it goes on for a while.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wyld Cannon posted:

I just listened to the Sarah Silverman eps of Who Charted and The Nerdist back to back and in both shows Lost is brought up and Sarah says, "There is like a hole in my heart from the absence of Lost". That's really cool, and it's not the first time I've heard someone repeat something on a podcast, but it's weird to think that you would say the same exact thing on a "broadcasted" show released in the same week.

Chris Hardwick is awesome when he's just joking around with the guests. But I like the Nerdist no matter what so yeah I have no idea how to end this post.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Chris Hardwick is awesome when he's just joking around with the guests. But I like the Nerdist no matter what so yeah I have no idea how to end this post.

So how do you write jokes?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Still waiting for the post-Jets-Patriots Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast.... C'mon Bill you big pussy.

j8910
Apr 2, 2002

NotWearingPants posted:

Still waiting for the post-Jets-Patriots Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast.... C'mon Bill you big pussy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one hitting F5 on that. I wonder what he'll say. He didn't even mention football last week.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

j8910 posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one hitting F5 on that. I wonder what he'll say. He didn't even mention football last week.

I just listened to this episode today. He does his predictions for the week at 39:25, but it consists of "no idea" for two different games. At 40:30 he says if the Pats lose we'll be listening to a blubbering jackass this week, which is why I'm F5ing too.

A Fistful of Dicks
Jan 8, 2011
Australian comedian Jim Jeffries teams up with Eddie Ifft and does a weekly podcast called "Talking poo poo with Jim and Eddie". It's hilarious, Jim steals the show with how quick and vile his humor is, Eddie and Jim team up on their mooching roommate and heap loads of abuse onto him for great effect, including the fact that his wife left him to become a lesbian and that he claims to have a broad body of job experience but never has money. It's great, just kinda' hard to find other than on itunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/talkin-sh-t-jim-jefferies/id410076170.

The first few episodes are a little rough in terms of audio quality, but it quickly improves. Eddie's cruelness and Jim's charming degeneracy however, never change. Give it a listen.

Comedian Robert Kelly also does his own "You Know What, Dude?" podcast, which you can find here: http://robertkellylive.com/podcastadmin/podcast.xml. Haven't been keeping track of this one, but the first few were pretty good despite audio problems similar to Jim Jeffries's podcast, but it improves.

Many thanks to Bill Burr, Marc Maron, and the rest for getting the comedian podcast ball rolling. Hopefully 2011 is looking up to be a great year for these podcasts.

A Fistful of Dicks fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 18, 2011

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO

A Fistful of Dicks posted:

Australian comedian Jim Jeffries teams up with Eddie Ifft and does a weekly podcast called "Talking poo poo with Jim and Eddie". It's hilarious, Jim steals the show with how quick and vile his humor is, Eddie and Jim team up on their mooching roommate and heap loads of abuse onto him for great effect, including the fact that his wife left him to become a lesbian and that he claims to have a broad body of job experience but never has money. It's great, just kinda' hard to find other than on itunes at http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/talkin-sh-t-jim-jefferies/id410076170.

The first few episodes are a little rough in terms of audio quality, but it quickly improves. Eddie's cruelness and Jim's charming degeneracy however, never change. Give it a listen.

Comedian Robert Kelly also does his own "You Know What, Dude?" podcast, which you can find here: http://robertkellylive.com/podcastadmin/podcast.xml. Haven't been keeping track of this one, but the first few were pretty good despite audio problems similar to Jim Jeffries's podcast, but it improves.

Many thanks to Bill Burr, Marc Maron, and the rest for getting the comedian podcast ball rolling. Hopefully 2011 is looking up to be a great year for these podcasts.

Wasn't able to connect to the store with your link but this RSS feed can be manually input into iTunes.

http://talkinsht.libsyn.com/rss

A PRIZED MULE!
Aug 11, 2005

where's the bourbon?

Wyld Cannon posted:

I just listened to the Sarah Silverman eps of Who Charted and The Nerdist back to back and in both shows Lost is brought up and Sarah says, "There is like a hole in my heart from the absence of Lost".

I totally caught that and thought it was odd as well. As podcasting gets bigger, especially among the "established comedians" contingent, it's getting more and more like the talk show circuit. I can't tell if I like that or not.

Just looking at my iTunes now I see that Kevin Smith is on The Nerdist and WTF, and I'll probably listen to both of them tomorrow (though maybe not one after the other).

I realize that I might seem like a cheerleader for these guys, but the new Podcast Eating Contest is up and this time the show is ostensibly comprised of the games they play. If you're down with them check it out. From what I understand Michael MacDonald might be performing Wu-Tang Clan songs

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Doug Benson's Wikipedia says he's 46 years old. That alone is surprising, but I'm listening to him on season 3 of Never Not Funny from 2008 and he says he's 46 on that podcast. How the hell old is Doug Benson?

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

bananasinpajamas posted:

Doug Benson's Wikipedia says he's 46 years old. That alone is surprising, but I'm listening to him on season 3 of Never Not Funny from 2008 and he says he's 46 on that podcast. How the hell old is Doug Benson?

He's pretty old, he's about Marc Maron's age. I thought he was a lot younger but I guess pot keeps you young.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Steve Slavery posted:

He's pretty old, he's about Marc Maron's age. I thought he was a lot younger but I guess pot keeps you young.

If you watch Citizen Kane closely, you can see Orson Welles shoving Doug out of his way.

doug fuckey
Jun 7, 2007

hella greenbacks

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

If you watch Citizen Kane closely, you can see Orson Welles shoving Doug out of his way.

I've been looking for a screencap of him in Blade Runner which he is apparently in as an extra, but maybe you can't actually ever see him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

A PRIZED MULE! posted:

I realize that I might seem like a cheerleader for these guys, but the new Podcast Eating Contest is up and this time the show is ostensibly comprised of the games they play. If you're down with them check it out. From what I understand Michael MacDonald might be performing Wu-Tang Clan songs

I wish the PEC guys had PS3 so we could play Black Ops together :( The 'All About the Benjamins' rifftrax-style episode had me in stitches in the car, and I've never even seen the movie. I love that they go off on tangents for 10 minutes and ignore the movie completely.

Brice Cubell!

• Locked thread