Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Gyshall posted:

Oh, hey, someone made a Throwable Mine mod. Complete with lovely anime girl character video demonstration.

The voice is haunting and depressing at the same time as well as annoying as gently caress. Every time he throws something? Really? Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Syrant posted:

I know it will looks better but I have so little experience using the SMG. Am I the only person who has never seen a 22 smg but once? I never saw one but for one time at the gun-runners, I think. I have a shitload of 22 ammo and the mod for it so I want it but, drat, that thing is rare on my game. I guess I'll go pick one up where it is stashed in a duffle bag.
Benny's goons have them when they come to kill you. Fiends also carry them sometimes.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The maker of RTS released today a mod that looks like a mix of Enclave Commander, RTS and Companion Share and Recruit. The jist is that you can recruit any NPC to join your squad, assign them squad functions including a class, and set up a base camp. The mod includes stuff like artillery and vertibird attacks. Looks pretty cool, I'm wondering how it works in practice.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39233

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Gyshall posted:

Oh, hey, someone made a Throwable Mine mod. Complete with lovely anime girl character video demonstration.

Embedding the video because everyone should experience the beauty of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9d8qiM0DM

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
One of the biggest improvements New Vegas has over F3 is that it the setting has agriculture and industry in it. In F3, I had no idea how the Capital Wasteland dwellers supported themselves. There were no farms, and there were no other industries by which they'd produce exports to trade for food. Also, there seemed to be 10 raiders for every 1 productive civilian.

New Vegas actually has farming communities, a hydroelectric dam producing electricity and water pumps.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

There's a computer log in the Dam that mentions something about a missing shipment of 'strange suits'. Anyone find anything about that? I never located any special suits/armor anywhere.

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009
Chinese Stealth Armor. It's in one of the storage rooms- one with radioactive waste barrels in it.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

rope kid posted:

Benny's goons have them when they come to kill you. Fiends also carry them sometimes.

I literally went to the gun-runners after my post and they had one in stock :suicide:

Also the surprise inside Gamorrah behind that locked door. That was really well done. 'What the hell is-- Oh god'

Vita
Nov 7, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Check out MAD World in the OP. Very much an FPS-oriented overhaul. Combined with Increased Wasteland Spawns and the auto-aim fix you're currently using, you should notice a pretty sharp transition from RPG to FPS. If you use it, let me know what you think.

I looked at MAD World and the first thing I noticed was that it increased all damage 4x. Ehhh...

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

Embedding the video because everyone should experience the beauty of it.

That made me feel creepy after only watching it for a few seconds. What is wrong with people?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Cowcaster posted:

Embedding the video because everyone should experience the beauty of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9d8qiM0DM

What the hell is up with the loving noise she keeps making? :gonk:

lethial
Apr 29, 2009
I have been waiting for a flashlight model to use with the often ignored Flashlight NV, now it is finally here:

Head mounted flashlight

Though last time I used that flashlight mod I didn't have the darker nights mod, but I do have a more powerful gfx card now. So hopefully it won't kill my system so much again. :)

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

SheepNameKiller posted:

The maker of RTS released today a mod that looks like a mix of Enclave Commander, RTS and Companion Share and Recruit. The jist is that you can recruit any NPC to join your squad, assign them squad functions including a class, and set up a base camp. The mod includes stuff like artillery and vertibird attacks. Looks pretty cool, I'm wondering how it works in practice.

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39233

I've been playing around with this. It's pretty fun if you can get over the really clunky interface. Brahmin and Bighorns however cause it to gently caress up every now and then.

I do however wish there was a way to modify the caps values for things in-game. If you set up a little mission marker in the right spot it nets a absurd amount of money for any kill, so if you pop that in scorpion gulch or anywhere with npc spawners you'll end up swimming in cash.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Sometimes the faces characters make are just perfect. :3:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Now that's a man who loves his job.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Sometimes the faces characters make are just perfect. :3:

Well, looks like you found a Mad Radhu Gumbeer to go with your Jerusalem.

E:

Do any of you guys who use either WME or WMX have floating speed loaders on the .44 once you attach a mod to it?

So annoying :mad:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 22, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Capn Beeb posted:

E:

Do any of you guys who use either WME or WMX have floating speed loaders on the .44 once you attach a mod to it?

A bug with the pistol replacement animation mod?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Capn Beeb posted:

E:

Actually it doesn't have to do with reanimated pistols--I know this because the speedloader clipping through the back of the pistol became apparent a while back when I was using one of the original WME versions. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I do know that WME's author acknowledged at one point and didn't seem to know how to prevent it from happening.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Actually it doesn't have to do with reanimated pistols--I know this because the speedloader clipping through the back of the pistol became apparent a while back when I was using one of the original WME versions. I'm not sure what the cause is, but I do know that WME's author acknowledged at one point and didn't seem to know how to prevent it from happening.

Hmmm. I'll have to have the people testing when I'm done look out for it too then.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39777

Nicest looking armor I think I've seen for new vegas yet. I'm gonna try out Enhanced Shaders in a minute and see how that works out. Also, how can I make it so that the retex I just linked is used for both BOS, and Regular T51B?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Brace posted:

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39777

Nicest looking armor I think I've seen for new vegas yet. I'm gonna try out Enhanced Shaders in a minute and see how that works out. Also, how can I make it so that the retex I just linked is used for both BOS, and Regular T51B?

Open the meshes in NifSkope, find the textures they use. Rename new textures to match original textures. Replace original textures with new textures.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
I'm getting some goofy texture glitches. In Quarry Junction, the ground becomes a deathclaw skin stretched out (which reminds me of Doom) and on my way into Jacobstown, there are patches of black and purple on the ground which I assume should be snow. I never went to either of these places on my vanilla play-through, so I'm wondering if this is a known mod issue. My load order is below, but I'm just wondering if anyone else experienced this and/or fixed it.

FalloutNV.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Lings.esm
NVStripOpen.esm
StripOpenNPCs.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
Lore version.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
URWLNV.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Darker Nights.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Total active plugins: 13
Total plugins: 22

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Determined. Determined! to finish adding all of the melee weapons tonight in GECK. That will leave about half of the guns to do over the weekend. Blargh.

I SAID LISTEN
Jan 10, 2007
I don't *do* up.
Is this the kind of game I should play through on vanilla at least once before piling on the mods?

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It's caused by the speed loader nodes in the nif not having a NiVisController. A simple copy/paste from a version of the gun that has them will fix it.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

I SAID LISTEN posted:

Is this the kind of game I should play through on vanilla at least once before piling on the mods?

That would probably be best, yes.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
41 melee weapons added tonight which makes for all of them I think. Bed time now!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

I SAID LISTEN posted:

I added mods on my first run but I recommend keeping it down to mods that change subtle things, and avoid stuff that adds whole new content.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9

I SAID LISTEN posted:

I would only get the bug fix and a UI mod, you can always add Arenovalis's texture pack, it just makes a lot of the weapons pretty.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Syrant posted:

I would only get the bug fix and a UI mod, you can always add Arenovalis's texture pack, it just makes a lot of the weapons pretty.

Pretty much this. Unlike Fallout 3, New Vegas is actually a fairly complete vanilla game and you'll have a great time with it without a load of mods dumped on. Community patch, DarnUI, the weapon texture pack and maybe some performance boosters are all you need the first time through.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I'm having too much fun making creepy looking characters and abusing TFC console commands...

It's funny because the out of place Asian Powder Ganger in the first screenshot somehow dynamited himself out on the ridge prior to me taking that picture. He subsequently limped his way back to the NCRCF. When he walked up to the gate guard, the first thing he said was, "It never gets boring with something blows up."

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jan 22, 2011

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006

First 9
Is there any way to exchange my damned NCR toiletpaper money? I hate having to sit ages trying to unload it on a cash out deal to covert it to caps. Is there a mod that will make it so I can just go, like 'I want to exchange all my NCR money for chips' but I'm not sure how possible it is.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Syrant posted:

Is there any way to exchange my damned NCR toiletpaper money? I hate having to sit ages trying to unload it on a cash out deal to covert it to caps. Is there a mod that will make it so I can just go, like 'I want to exchange all my NCR money for chips' but I'm not sure how possible it is.

This should work for you.

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

What about the children foo'?
Oh god DAMNIT. I've hit a Fast Travel crash bug and I'm incredibly pissed off.
I'm going through the New Vegas Bounties questline - just killed the guy named Oneda and was able to fast travel back to the shack to hand in the quest. Once I left the shack it was crash city. I can't fast travel and I can't save either, so that's handy.
Help!

Load order:
FalloutNV.esm
CompanionInfAmmo.esm
More Perks.esm
Tales from the Burning Sands.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
New Vegas Redesigned.esm
Community Bugfix Compilation Patch.esp
Red Lucy (Knobody13 request).esp
Silus (Vcat request).esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
SaveKey.esp
NewVegasBounties.esp
IIWR 2.1.0.esp
UHNV.esp
UHNV-Performance-Patch.esp
Existence2.0.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
unlocked armors v2_2.esp
Cactai of the Wastes [plugin].esp
More Perks Update.esp
LootableOldCars_OE.esp
old vaquero includes that gun.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
that gun holdout.esp
WMR_WME_A.esp
Better Binoculars High.esp
better that gun 44mag.esp
Classic energy weapons.esp
DynamicNightVision.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
Tailor Maid Black Retex - NV.esp
Feng Shui NV.esp
noautoaim.esp
RepairKit.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLified.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
UnderwaterFX.esp
UWFXGodrays.esp
NVGoggles.esp
Color Me Evil.esp
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
CompanionDisguises.esp
NVBobbleheads.esp
LegendaryHunter.esp
KillingKarmaFix.esp
ArtsAndCrafts.esp

Total active plugins: 49
Total plugins: 52

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

gently caress. Every single one of my saves is now affected. Fast travel crashes and saving crashes. Removing the New Bounties.esp from the load order makes it crash on startup. I tried going back to before I started the particular quest and no dice.

What on earth could have possibly happened to corrupt ALL my save games and everything previous to that point?!
I'm so bummed right now, tonight was New Vegas night :(

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
That same thing happened to me earlier this week. I was lucky enough to have a CASM save that was still intact. It did make me go ahead and bump up the number of slots that CASM saves in, but if none of your earlier saves work, then I got nothin' :(

EDIT: In other news, both the Community Bugfix Compilation and WMX recieved minor updates, and WMX has a separate Inventory Sorter .esp now too, if you care about that sort of thing!

potaties fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 22, 2011

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

I was able to load a save from 2 hours earlier (because CASM is amazing like that) and all seemed fine and I was very happy.

Except when it crashes on fast travel later. *sigh*

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
Did you still have NVBounties.esp unchecked when you loaded the earlier CASM save file? Not sure if this mod has a track record or not as being save-corrupty, since you mentioned it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Capn Beeb posted:

E:

Mine does that using Arenovalis and the heavy frame. No WME/WMX at all. I even consoled in a few extra, to try it, and every time, it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bung
Jun 7, 2004

potaties posted:

Did you still have NVBounties.esp unchecked when you loaded the earlier CASM save file? Not sure if this mod has a track record or not as being save-corrupty, since you mentioned it.

I got rid of it and every file associated with it and it seemed ok. Looking through the comments of the file there are a handful of 'now I have fast travel crashes and my saves are broke great mod really enjoyed it thanks thumbs up' so I guess the system works...

I might do a full reinstall tomorrow just to be safe. Stupid New Vegas Bounties.

Also, if I'm installing the newest version of the Community Bugfix Patch how do I use it as an fmod? That means it's a self contained package right? So next update I don't have to comb through deleting all the stuff from previous?