Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Errr uhhhh and things of this nature, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Rhinacocerus

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Did they mention Adam Carolla?

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Moniker posted:

Did they mention Adam Carolla?

Not that I noticed.
Adam talked about it this morning on his podcast. They had to move the launch back a week or 2 because of technical issues. The engineer from Sirius/XM couldnt get to LA in time for it this week so they just decided not to rush it and roll it out correctly.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Evidently Dell'Atoothy is going to be on the Parks board or something. I missed the beginning of the show so I am not exact on the particulars.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Howard is apparently doing several late night shows in the next few weeks. Anyone think this is contractually obligated?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Joe Don Baker posted:

Howard is apparently doing several late night shows in the next few weeks. Anyone think this is contractually obligated?

Probably.

He has Letterman, Fallon, Stewart and I guess a satellite segment with Kimmel? I thought I heard he may do Conan since Beth needed to hit LA for whatever reason.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Joe Don Baker posted:

Pretty sure he said it was.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

musclecoder posted:

Pretty sure he said it was.

Ah. I haven't been able to listen much in the past couple weeks. I figured he wouldn't come right out and say it.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Joe Don Baker posted:

Ah. I haven't been able to listen much in the past couple weeks. I figured he wouldn't come right out and say it.

Yeah, along the lines of "yeah with my new contract they want me to go out and promote the mobile app."

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

God I hope he goes on Conan. I adore Conan and I notice he seems to get super uncomfortable when guests come on and start railing on Leno. Howard's going to do nothing but that most likely and I want to see it :shobon:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Ugh, gently caress Howard and Robin talking about sports, it's even worse than clueless tech/SIM card babble.

Howard: Hurf, everyone says the Yankees and NY teams buy championships in sports but it's just not true! See how we suck at <cites every salary cap league as evidence>

Robin: Golly gee! I was just going to say that!

:suicide:

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Ether Frenzy posted:

:suicide:

I'm sure that's how Artie felt whenever they would talk about sports.

Bulgaroktonos
Aug 24, 2010

by Lowtax
Anyone know where I can find the teleprompter clip from this morning's show?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
So I just caught a bit, what phone did Gary get that Howard might want and caused hilarity from him bitching at Gary? Droid 2?

I love that Howard can't grasp that new phones appear all the time. That and what Android is exactly.

Also,

quote:

I just got off the phone w/ Johnny Fratto who just had a call from Eric the Actor & his upset parents. We've made his mom cry. That's why i'm pulling the plug on this whole dead midget gag. We've all had fun but it's time to stop. honestly, it was getting beat into the ground around here & elsewhere people were busy contacting him directly. it's ran it's course & i'm asking you all to move on to something new.

I don't want to see any more dead midget photoshops or threads. you've done plenty & they were tons of fun but it's not funny anymore. He's taking it to heart & considering he's already lived past a sick midget's life expectancy, pics of their son in a coffin is not what the parents need to be greeted with. i don't know how it got to them but my assumption is some people went too far w/ the joke & were contacting him & his friends.

:lol:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That's bullshit, Eric doesn't have any friends.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I can't believe Eric's dead, this is awful.

I am literally crying in my chair as I type this

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The 'Eric the Midget is dead' thing is genius and I salute SFN for running in into the ground.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I'm not lawyer but I was just thinkin. As sue-happy as Eric wants to be, couldn't he legitimately have a case as an entertainer against someone orchestrating deliberately spreading false rumors that he's dead? I imagine it could heavily damage someone's livelihood as people aren't going to try to hire a dead man.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

AltronHGX posted:

I'm not lawyer but I was just thinkin. As sue-happy as Eric wants to be, couldn't he legitimately have a case as an entertainer against someone orchestrating deliberately spreading false rumors that he's dead? I imagine it could heavily damage someone's livelihood as people aren't going to try to hire a dead man.

I think he would have to prove that the rumors negatively effected him from getting work, by contrasting the "pay" he was getting before the rumors, with what he's making now. Which, in either case, is a giant 0.0

Far as I can tell, these death rumors have people talking about Eric more than they were 2 months ago.

MoreMetalBrian fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 24, 2011

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
Am I the only one that wonders if Howard was paid off to rave about the song "Big Big Bang?" Something just didn't seem right about him loving the song.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

burmart posted:

Am I the only one that wonders if Howard was paid off to rave about the song "Big Big Bang?" Something just didn't seem right about him loving the song.

He talked about that today, that everyone always accuses him of being paid off to talk about things.

Why do you think it's odd he likes that long? He likes tons of other poo poo (like lovely TV and some top 40's stuff).

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

burmart posted:

We all hoped the same thing with Hannah Montana during that phase.

Dude just listens to horrible music for the most part. It's either old poo poo from bands like CREAM or whatever mountain man music he likes from the 60s and horrible new pop poo poo like Britney Spears.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

:lol:

Oh please. His mom is now freaking out about this? The Midget's been getting slammed for YEARS on this. Now his mom cares? Get Shuli to interview his parents for air. Seriously. I want to see what these people are like. $5 says the most stressful thing in their life is their son, and that was even before he got on the show.

-Atom- posted:

The 'Eric the Midget is dead' thing is genius and I salute SFN for running in into the ground.

They're really good at it. They might be assholes for the most part, but they're doing a good job with this. It's been going for a few months at this point.

MoreMetalBrian posted:

I think he would have to prove that the rumors negatively effected him from getting work, by contrasting the "pay" he was getting before the rumors, with what he's making now. Which, in either case, is a giant 0.0

Far as I can tell, these death rumors have people talking about Eric more than they were 2 months ago.

The lawsuit wouldn't get beyond that point. "I have-n't got-ten any jobs si-nce this beg-a-n!" "Okay, how has it affected your income? Can you show me your records for the last few years compared to now?" I'm sure that'll go over well with SSI.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I might regret asking this but where would one start to see some good contributions to the "Eric is dead" campaign? I've stayed away from SFN based on every single thing I've read in the Howard Stern threads on SA but would anyone mind posting some best-of examples? :shobon:

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Just re-listened to the Crystal Clear interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlVb6xE3rj0

I highly recommend it.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faZq-66YGp8

Eric never got a chance to see JD's video :(

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

sedative posted:

Hahaha

JD's 'beard' is the reason why I don't grow one out. Because I can't, just like JD.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

musclecoder posted:

He talked about that today, that everyone always accuses him of being paid off to talk about things.

Why do you think it's odd he likes that long? He likes tons of other poo poo (like lovely TV and some top 40's stuff).

Well, I remember once he was sued for not incorporating a product he was paid to endorse into the "show" part of the show.

After learning of that suit, I always wonder if what he's talking about paid him to talk about it.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/stern-stern-thursday

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The best thing is that while Mutt killed it on SFN, people are still going to use it on Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. and keep trolling him with it. If Mutt wasn't such a pussy and trying to be everyone's friend(Fratto asked him to stop this), they could ride this for so long and just annoy the midget to death.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.

musclecoder posted:

Legitimate question: does Howard have any pop culture 'likes' that are not horrible?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
If I was three black guys, I'd have sex with Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Butthole Prince posted:

Legitimate question: does Howard have any pop culture 'likes' that are not horrible?

Have you heard of this new movie Spread? Hollywood hasn't made movies with nudity like this in a long time!

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

AxeManiac posted:

If I was three black guys, I'd have sex with Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas

Too late! Her whole rear end in a top hat was hanging out and some other three black guys beat you to it.

(and Howard jerked off to the whole thing pretending it was Beth)

ChubbyEmoBabe
Sep 6, 2003

-=|NMN|=-
I don't know, she doesn't have strong enough facial features.

Ralph on the other hand...

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Oh god, on 101 they're telling Jackie's one-legged lady story.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Smeep posted:

Oh god, on 101 they're telling Jackie's one-legged lady story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3Qc9byp98

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Did they ever give any backstory to that news woman who broke into crazy-speak when her teleprompter broke? Or does anyone know? Because that poo poo was hilarious.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

sedative posted:

I love everything about this. Even his goatee, which on most people makes you look like a tool, I think it makes him look pretty ok. Also :laffo: at the wet paint sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

KKKLIP ART posted:

I love everything about this. Even his goatee, which on most people makes you look like a tool, I think it makes him look pretty ok. Also :laffo: at the wet paint sign.

This is all I see when I look at his beard/goatee