Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008
Woooooo!

Howard gets me rolling every time he does Oprah's sister, along with Gary and his parents. He makes me laugh every time.

This past year has just been really depressing. Just seeing all these bits, news stories and office drama, etc. pass by without Artie's laugh and jokes is depressing. That fat gently caress has to get back on at some point.

e: Gary has never booked James Franco? What the gently caress, Gary?

NJersey fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

NJersey posted:

e: Gary has never booked James Franco? What the gently caress, Gary?

He is waiting to book his brother.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

NJersey posted:

Woooooo!

Howard gets me rolling every time he does Oprah's sister

Really? I find his poor racial caricature offensive and he goes on with it way too long. I actually turned over to another station when he went off today.

edit: Most of Howard's black impressions sound like Andy and Amos light to me, and I can handle it for a while but after too long it starts to get insulting and I give up on it.

Though oddly the old days when they did full on Andy and Amos I found it pretty funny.

And Sal's black voices are so over the top they work on a level he never intends.

I guess my issue is blatant racism is funny because you can laugh at the person being racist and how dumb their impression is, but Howard's interpretation of how black people talk is more subtly (and in my mind truthfully) prejudiced and therefore offensive to me.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jan 27, 2011

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
I thought it was pretty hilarious.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Indolent Bastard posted:

Really? I find his poor racial caricature offensive and he goes on with it way too long. I actually turned over to another station when he went off today.

Sorry it was hysterical.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

Indolent Bastard posted:

I don't think you're right for this show.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Tuning into the Howard Stern show definitely seems like a good idea if you're easily offended by racial caricatures and politically incorrect humor.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
OPRAH WINFREY NEGRO WOMAN OF THE SOUTH

I love saying that, I don't care, it's just fun.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

Indolent Bastard posted:

I actually turned over to another station when he went off today.

Dr. Laura?

AxeManiac posted:

OPRAH WINFREY NEGRO WOMAN OF THE SOUTH

I love saying that, I don't care, it's just fun.

Where is that clip from? It's loving hilarious.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

NJersey posted:

Where is that clip from? It's loving hilarious.

Raymond Norman. I got his whole thing somewhere.

Basically he wrote Oprah a letter wanting something, she never replied. He wrote another letter and sent it by "certified mail" and got no response again.

So he decided the best course of action would be to record the audio tape complaining about how Oprah ignored him and how he finds her "highly disgusting" "at this point" and that "she can't take it with you". Also he stated how he is "keepin' it real". Then sent copies to various people. Howard is the only one who played it.

I think he tried to do a similar thing concerning Michael Jackson.

Djarum fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 27, 2011

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Thanks for posting it. I'm way behind on the show but goddamn I laughed pretty hard at a lot of this.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum posted:

So he decided the best course of action would be to record the audio tape complaining about how Oprah ignored him and how he finds her "highly disgusting" "at this point" and that "she can't take it with you". Also he stated how he is "keepin' it real". Then sent copies to various people. Howard is the only one who played it.

He had the horrible, droopy man-boobs right?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Former Human posted:

He had the horrible, droopy man-boobs right?

I don't know! I have been obsessed with knowing what he looks like since I first heard the tape. As far as I know he has never been in the studio.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

kylej posted:

Tuning into the Howard Stern show definitely seems like a good idea if you're easily offended by racial caricatures and politically incorrect humor.

ugh, how did I know you'd all pile on? I find most of the humor on Stern to be great, even the racially sensitive stuff, but Howard doing his poor dumb friend of the family impression (aka every black impression he does, because all blacks have a southern drawl and don't use 'proper' English) gets annoying. That is all. And I have found that his Oprah's sister bits go on too long.

gently caress I don't get offended by much. I love hate man, Gilbert and Yucko for God's sake! It just annoys me that every time Howard "plays black" he plays a Stepin Fetchit negro, with lots of "I is sho' glad to be hea" type bullshit.

edit: It's like his bad homo room, gay parody 'acting'. It's dumb at best, cringe worthy at worst.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jan 27, 2011

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Djarum posted:

I don't know! I have been obsessed with knowing what he looks like since I first heard the tape. As far as I know he has never been in the studio.

He was on in 2002. I saw the E! show with him and his frightening mantits and I wanted to throw up, unless that was some other wacky gay black dude.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

ugh, how did I know you'd all pile on? I find most of the humor on Stern to be great, even the racially sensitive stuff, but Howard doing his poor dumb friend of the family impression (aka every black impression he does, because all blacks have a southern drawl and don't use 'proper' English) gets annoying. That is all. And I have found that his Oprah's sister bits go on too long.

gently caress I don't get offended by much. I love hate man, Gilbert and Yucko for God's sake! It just annoys me that every time Howard "plays black" he plays a Stepin Fetchit negro, with lots of "I is sho' glad to be hea" type bullshit.

I get what you're saying, but I believe (maybe I just choose to believe) that that's the joke; it's funny because it's so preposterous. To me it's as over-the-top as when Sal does it, only Howard's doing it on purpose, as opposed to Sal, who really thinks blacks/jews/x-minority really behaves/talks a certain way.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Former Human posted:

He was on in 2002. I saw the E! show with him and his frightening mantits and I wanted to throw up, unless that was some other wacky gay black dude.

Looks like the only time he was ever in studio was in 2002 for a Hollyweird Squares. I must find it now.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Can a nigga get a table dance?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYJNCNrwi_g

Oh poo poo Ed Torian version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9E8i4qjT4k&feature=related

Ahh man

Shes Not Impressed fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 27, 2011

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Ed Torian singing that was amazing. Just amazing.

I miss Artie's impersonation of him.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AxeManiac posted:

I miss Artie's impersonation of him.

The most awkward moment I can remember is when Al Roker was studio and Artie did the voice while asking, "Did Kaite Couric ever call you a friend of the family?"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
Your being a little dishon-dishon-untruthful.
Did you ever give Katie Couric a blumpkin.

Butthole Prince
Nov 19, 2004

She said that she was working for the ABC News / It was as much of the alphabet as she knew how to use.
Do you find me, Ed Torian, attractive?

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

The show's been over for an hour and a half... not one comment on today's riveting show? Howard's new phone battery sucks? Little Lupe's phone sex call? Ringo was a good drummer? Ummm... what else did they talk about?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Who gives a poo poo, who gives a gently caress?

I listen on the way into school. I used to love the first hour of the show because it was them shooting the poo poo, but now that is the whole show and it's lost it's luster for me.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.
God the Lil Lupe stuff was painful to listen to. Absolutely painful.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Someone needs to tell Howard to turn off all of the automatic sync items that he doesn't use. Doubles battery life easily.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

FogHelmut posted:

Someone needs to tell Howard to turn off all of the automatic sync items that he doesn't use. Doubles battery life easily.

I have the same argument with my wife re: her phone. "Yes dear, animated wallpaper, typewriter sounds when you compose a text, and bluetooth enabled when you have no devices will, surprisingly, require your battery to be charged more then once a week.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
If Howard is annoyed with the battery now, it'll be worse in a few months. My brother's Droid has lost its ability to charge as time has gone on.

hypersober
Mar 27, 2006

Djarum posted:

Yeah, opening of the show they talked about them. They were told by management not to play the audio for some reason. I am pretty amazed at how lovely Howard gets treated by the management. The guy tries to make that place interesting and they continue to make it lovely.

Howard doesn't want other shows playing any part of his show either. He even mentioned this himself. Management isn't treating him "shittily". That's what he had them put on his contract.

When he had that feud with Jamie Foxx's show, Jamie mentioned that Howard was the only one who had that clause in his contract. So that "out of respect" thing he was talking about is BS.

Edit: Also, Jamie Foxx wanted to keep the feud going because it'll make both shows more interesting to fans. Howard's response? He didn't want to keep it going because it only gives Jamie Foxx show more attention. Keep in mind that Jamie Foxx's show is on Sirius as well.

hypersober fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 27, 2011

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Didn't Howard also put a gag order on Opie and Anthony at some point?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Didn't Howard also put a gag order on Opie and Anthony at some point?

only when they starting talking poo poo about his daughter.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Howard is the prankster! You want to gently caress with him? He can gently caress!

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

Bonzo posted:

only when they starting talking poo poo about his daughter.

Actually, that's not true. It happened back in WNEW days before his daughter talked about her tits on stage.

http://www.fmqb.com/article.asp?id=186874

I don't care, because radio wars are stupid. But it's clear that Howard is a hypocrite and no one should take anything he says on the radio as any sort of truth.

In fact, you should never take anything anyone says on an entertainment show as truth. Just suspend your disbelief and enjoy the ride.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
It was even before they were talking about his daughter drinking too much and ended up in the hospital. Even before that, they tried to attend a press conference and Howard had them kicked out - that was what really started the hated O&A had for him and is what led up to them trashing his daughter.

And anyway, he went on some show when he started at Sirius (Larry King, Hannity?) and admitted he wasn't going to allow people to trash him and he only believed in his own free speech.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Kelly posted:

And anyway, he went on some show when he started at Sirius (Larry King, Hannity?) and admitted he wasn't going to allow people to trash him and he only believed in his own free speech.

I'm okay with that. I mean at least he's honest about being a hypocrite most times, which is more than most people will admit. That's why it was so jarring when he went on about the "out of respect" bullshit when anyone who'd listened to the show knew it was a lie.

sedative
Mar 20, 2003

‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ ‏ :allears:

Kelly posted:

It was Hannity back when the pests still existed.

I always saw the whole situation as Howard seeing himself in O&A because they were doing the same poo poo he did to Imus. It worked for Howard so he wasn't gonna let it happen to him.

O&A were getting pretty big before they got fired, so he probably saw them as a real threat.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Welp, ETM has responded to JD's challenge to be an actor by deleting all of his Youtube videos, his page just shows the TNA eliminate the hate video

Boo sir boo!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA that is absolutely the greatest possible outcome. I look forward to hearing JD brag :3:

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

AltronHGX posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA that is absolutely the greatest possible outcome. I look forward to hearing JD brag :3:

I disagree, the best outcome would to see him do the Godfather Monologue thinking he is awesome and being proved otherwise

Essentially he's going to blank the whole thing and go off radar for a while which only lessens the laughs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I don't see how anyone can listen to a show called "wacky name" AND "normal name". That's like radio bullshit 101. The thing I hate most about radio. It's a step up from Tradio, but not a very big one to be the wacky morning guys with one guy with a funny name and a hot chick doing the traffic!