Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ALL YOUR BASE
Nov 3, 2002

I bet its just viral marketing for:

:dukedog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh you bastard don't you even joke about that.

This is a thread of HOPE

UselessLurker
Apr 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Oh you bastard don't you even joke about that.

This is a thread of HOPE

Well, KC is slated to come out on 2/22.... :v:

BreakTargets
Apr 5, 2009

Just a random Spiral Knight...

Policenaut posted:

Obvious Tales of Graces F Teaser Image Watch 2011 continues: Permutation Cherry

The purple "F" in Graces F is starting to stand out again, the main change this time is the return of the Pac-Man ghosts.

If this turns out to be Pac-Man related not Tales of Graces F, then... well...

DRAKENGARD!

BreakTargets fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 31, 2011

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

BreakTargets posted:

If this turns out to be Pac-Man related not Tales of Graces F, then... well...

DRAKENGARD!

Announcing a remake of Drakengard would be the most fitting excuse to troll people ever. I think you're onto something here.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I actually would not mind a Drakengard 1+2 compilation.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

hihifellow posted:

I used this method when doing an achievement run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJ8BTQpyR8&fmt=18

After failing at the usual method for an hour this one worked on the first try.

Okay, that helped me get a better sense of what I need to do. Though even with this, out of four tries, I only got to get a clear shot about three times with all of them failing. (Actually five but that doesn't really count since Estelle kept screwing it up as explained further on.) It wasn't until the third time that I noticed that I was using Rainsong rather than Rain because the weapon Raven had equipped enabled the Crucible skill. :bang:

It also didn't help that Yaeger wouldn't loving stand still and always kept attacking screwing up my approach and tearing me a new one. On top of that, I had to manage healing and recovering from status effects since I can't have Estelle set to healing because otherwise she attacks Yaeger and screw things up. Plus, Yaeger has the lovely effect of causing status effects at what seems to be at the most inopportune times like when I'm in over limit and discover to my dismay I can't use artes which is further compounded when one of my teammates had just used an item.

So anyways after unequipping the weapon, I got the achievement, in the same fight that I noticed the problem. But Goddammit this took a LOT longer than I had expected. I'm not going to feel great for work tomorrow.

But seriously, who's loving bright idea was that achievement? I feel like punching them in the face right now.

ruta
Apr 21, 2010

Look at this snail.
I don't really talk about Vesperia often, but if Estelle is attacking, you change her tactic to "only use magical attacks" or whatever it is in English, then disable all her offensive spells. Then she has no choice but to heal, even if she's not set to heal. Makes you glad that Tales of Graces has a "don't attack" command. Doesn't stop Cheria from making some terrible choices, though. One of my hopes for Tales of Xillia is better AI, for your allies and for the enemies. I know. I must be dreaming.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Obvious Tales of Graces F Teaser Image Watch 2011 concluded: Final Permutation Peach

Look at the Tales logo on the left hand side of the screen, you can see pieces of it on the far right hand side of the image as well.

Yes. It's this.

Just what the gently caress is going on Namco?! Did I secretly die and this is my own envisioned heaven or is Namco seriously teasing Tales of loving Vesperia now on top of Graces F.

BreakTargets
Apr 5, 2009

Just a random Spiral Knight...
So, it went from worse to better?

:psyduck:

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Namco is loving with us, I'm convinced.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's actually a re-release of the 360 version, just to gently caress with you.

Arc Impulse
Jun 5, 2010

Fun Shoe
Tales of Graces F and now Tales of Vesperia? We can have hope now right? Namco wouldn't be evil enough to do something bad now, right? Right? :ohdear:

KoB
May 1, 2009
They got mad that we figured it out on the first day and are now just throwing random poo poo up there to piss fans off.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I hope it's a port of Tales of Graces F for the Wii, personally :ohdear:
So a port of a port of a buggy game.

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
Is it my english ToV for PS3?

cant wait to post!!
Nov 7, 2009

by T. Finn

Policenaut posted:

Andriasang has the new fully translated details of Tales of Xillia that was revealed this week in Famitsu. It's a pretty nice read.

How can anybody think those character designs look good? jesus christ.

That said the gameplay looks really cool for this one. First time one of these games has interested me, mainly because the main guy isn't a katana wielding anime boy (he's a gauntlet wielding anime boy). They should have localized this one.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
It's gonna be a Wii port of Vesperia! :v:

Seriously though, if turns out Namco finally got the long awaited "remove head from rear end" surgery it so desperately needed, I'll be ecstatic.

Then we can start complaining about Xillia and Abyss 3DS!

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation
If this actually works then threatening to fan translate something is apparently the most effective tactic ever. That, or Policenaut's avatars. When that "Nobunaga, but a cat" game gets an English release it will baffle the media for years to come.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bandai Namco localizing both Tales games just to spite the people who dare touch their games without their consent would be the best thing ever.

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

Assuming Vesperia and Graces PS3 are both announced tomorrow, the lesson here is that if you bitch long enough you will get what you want :colbert:

...Now, where's my Xenoblade?

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
Playing through Tales of the Abyss for the first time, have heard that it's much better than Symphonia which I really enjoyed, so looking forward to this.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

cant wait to post!! posted:

How can anybody think those character designs look good? jesus christ.

That said the gameplay looks really cool for this one. First time one of these games has interested me, mainly because the main guy isn't a katana wielding anime boy (he's a gauntlet wielding anime boy). They should have localized this one.

The girl looks very silly but there's nothing that objectionable about the guy's outfit (for a JRPG, at least).

ALL YOUR BASE
Nov 3, 2002

Policenaut posted:

Just what the gently caress is going on Namco?! Did I secretly die and this is my own envisioned heaven or is Namco seriously teasing Tales of loving Vesperia now on top of Graces F.

I called it, and no flag waving avatar needed :smug:

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
If this actually happens then I might just replace everything in the OP with something on the lines of "Holy poo poo, Namco are actually localising Tales games!"

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ALL YOUR BASE posted:

I called it, and no flag waving avatar needed :smug:

You may have called it, but we made it loving happen! (please let it happen please let it happen please let it happen)

ALL YOUR BASE
Nov 3, 2002

Epic year so far: Super Robot War games, Tactics Ogre, Parasite Eve 3, dragon quest 6, more Final fantasy rehashes, 3DS, NGP, and now Tales games .. uguuu~

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If Bamco really announces localizations of Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces F I will cut my hands off and jump off a cliff.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I-SbwCHJ80

Just keep playing that over and over until tomorrow. In unison.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Can't wait for this big reveal to be Soul Calibur Legends 2 or something.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

They're going to bundle all of their announced games into one giant package worth $400, and then complain again when people don't buy it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It's taken me this long (and prompting from someone else) to realise the splodge of background colour is a US shaped US flag.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Stelas posted:

It's taken me this long (and prompting from someone else) to realise the splodge of background colour is a US shaped US flag.

:911: :patriot: :911: :patriot:

Thanks for pointing that out. Tomorrow will be amazing.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Skeezy posted:

If Bamco really announces localizations of Tales of Vesperia and Tales of Graces F I will cut my hands off and jump off a cliff.

:toxx: let's do this, come onnnn Bamco

EDIT:

Thorias posted:

Playing through Tales of the Abyss for the first time, have heard that it's much better than Symphonia which I really enjoyed, so looking forward to this.

if you love massive amounts of backtracking. . . nah it's good but I like Symphonia better.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Stelas posted:

Whoa what, I need like a Fed Ex arrow diagram here or something.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Whoa what, I need like a Fed Ex arrow diagram here or something.

The red and blue colors around it seem to look like the American flag if you look closely.

Least that's what I see.

UselessLurker
Apr 28, 2008
If I were a member of the Graces/Vesperia translation team I would be pretty miffed right about now.

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

UselessLurker posted:

If I were a member of the Graces/Vesperia translation team I would be pretty miffed right about now.

Really? I'd be pretty excited

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Skeezy posted:

The red and blue colors around it seem to look like the American flag if you look closely.

Least that's what I see.

Oh poo poo now I see it. Those sneaky bastards!

UselessLurker posted:

Hahaha those poor, poor folks. I'm so glad I managed to unload my PS3 imports of Graces F and Vesperia right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UselessLurker
Apr 28, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Hahaha those poor, poor folks. I'm so glad I managed to unload my PS3 imports of Graces F and Vesperia right now.

I mean of course there's the slim chance that Bamco noticed there was a largely done initial pass of a translation and bought it to lower their costs... but this is Bamco we're talking about here.