Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Out of pure curiousity, assuming my Mech gets blown away during this, I'll still be controlling the Angry Texican Mother, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Yeah, you only stop playing if every unit you're controlling is killed; although if you are taken out and feel like you can't keep up with the thread, you can pass her off to someone.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Tempest_56 posted:

I disagree. Over range 15, they're packing a potential 49 damage, most of it in 10 point clusters. At the same range, we're packing 50 damage, most of it in 5 point clusters and 60% of it invested in LRMs that will usually hit for half as much. Additionally, they're better armored than we are - remember the Rifleman is less durable than most mediums and the Lancelot has an XL engine. Oh, and we're heavily limited by ammo, they're not. A range duel is a losing proposition for us. We get an advantage once we're inside 15 hexes, and get a HUGE advantage once we're within 9. We need to get close and maul them.

The range difference isn't that great because the fight won't be a long range for long enough for the difference to be felt (we have to advance to save the hostages). The catapult, wolverine, and hunchback all match or better the warhammer in armor and the lancelot doesn't have any ammunition to worry about. The rifleman is down on armor but all its armor is biased towards the front so it can hold its own.

Tempest_56 posted:

You are sorely, sorely underestimating conventional armor.

Vehicles are extremely random with how useful they are due to their crazy crit/immobile rates. If PTN's dice throwing keeps up then they won't last very long.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

PoptartsNinja posted:

Yeah, you only stop playing if every unit you're controlling is killed; although if you are taken out and feel like you can't keep up with the thread, you can pass her off to someone.

oh no you didn't! :nyd:

She ain't no pass around girl, oh no you don't go implying such. I'm calling your mother right now young man.

Listen, all the speculating right now is useless without terrain for all we know it maybe a long range fight that our little close rangers have to rush to get into position or a bunch of buildings that mean it is a lot easier to get around in. I'm saving my crazy-rear end-half-informed-opinion to myself until i see a map with some hexs on it.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Mukaikubo posted:

You and me both, man. :shepface: God help us if we're first in the "Clan Shooting Gallery" box.

That makes three of us. :911:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Y'all are so (justifiably) paranoid.

Now we just need a photoshop of a Cardassian doing the Alfred Hitchcock silhouette for maximum suspense. I'm very much looking forward to all the twists and turns in this next episode.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

WarLocke posted:

That makes three of us. :911:

And I might be too, if one of our email players no-shows. I actually REALLY hope I get to be part of our first Clan Engagement, either playing as a Clanner or against them, because I cannot wait to show them off to the rookies.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Longinus00 posted:

Vehicles are extremely random with how useful they are due to their crazy crit/immobile rates. If PTN's dice throwing keeps up then they won't last very long.

That does have some truth - the dice luck so far has been pretty freaky.

Still, there's a lot of vehicles out there that can be mighty threatening when used properly. Hovertanks may have been neutered, but I still remember what a hunter pack could do to a mech.

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Well, here's my contribution to the artchal, ristar.

Click here for the full 1600x1172 image.

Bit pressed for time, what with homework and poo poo, but I managed to slap together a mech with my watercolours. Oh, and those aren't teeth - they're heatsinks!

edit:

Teethsinks, if you will :downsrim:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I'll sign up for a Mechwarrior! Also is that MegaMek campaign still up and running?

Ps you will laugh at me for saying this but i've read some Battletech stuff and the best I remember is fanfiction :( go go Soumi Warders :(

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

Tempest_56 posted:

That does have some truth - the dice luck so far has been pretty freaky.

Still, there's a lot of vehicles out there that can be mighty threatening when used properly. Hovertanks may have been neutered, but I still remember what a hunter pack could do to a mech.

Personally I'm rooting for VTOLs. With our average gunnery skill and front biased armor on the rifleman and hunchback a few VTOLs could seriously be annoying.

VVV

Welp, they got a missile(SRM) carrier. That's one of the vehicle types I mentioned earlier as being actually painful.

There's enough trees that a long range engagement can be pretty much avoided with some careful positioning so things are still looking pretty good.

Longinus00 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 3, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Hostage Situation: Tactical Update 1

“Vindicator ahead,” Clueless said coolly, all business now that things had gotten serious.

Annie frowned, the Capellans were patrolling. That wasn’t good. “Let’s light ‘em up, bunny bear,” she whispered, giving her faded pink teddy a hug for good luck. “If they’ve hurt any of the kids, we’ll make them pay.”

Engine Joe coughed into the mic. “Someone want to bait ‘em? Draw that loving potbellied Vindicator into a fuckin’ trap maybe? How ‘bout you, Bobby?”

The Navajo Wolf growled into his microphone by way of response. Annie couldn’t tell if it was assent or if he was off to do something else.

“Just keep ‘em clear of us, ese,” Cortez called over the radio. He’d rounded up about half the astechs, ‘Mechwarriors waiting for repairs, and really anyone standing around with a Caballero unit patch. Most of them he’d set to defend the repair bay—the Capellans would love to hit a bunch of broken down ‘Mechs, but the rest he’d organized into a makeshift infantry squad. For all his confidence that the astechs hated him, they were still La Familia. They’d follow him into hell for those kids.

Enemy Forces
D1 WHM-6L Warhammer
D2 VND-1R Vindicator
D3 CTF-1X Cataphract
D4 BJ-1 Blackjack
I1 Capellan Militia
I2 Capellan Militia
I3 Death Commando Infantry
I4 Capellan Militia
V1 Heavy Wheeled APC (MG Variant)
V2 Zhukov Heavy Tank
V3 Goblin Medium Tank
V4 SRM Carrier

Turn 1 OpForce Movement:
D1 Remained Stationary
D2 Walked
D3 Remained Stationary
D4 Walked
I1 Remained Stationary
I2 Remained Stationary
I3 Boarded Vehicle
I4 Remained Stationary
V1 Remained Stationary
V2 Cruised
V3 Remained Stationary
V4 Remained Stationary

Mission Objectives
Rescue the Hostages – Not All Hostages Die, All Capellan Infantry Surrenders or Destroyed! (Total Victory)
Bury the Hostages – All Hostages Die but All Capellan Forces Destroyed (Partial Victory)

Player Status
SS “Lil’ Sure Shot” RFL-3N Rifleman
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 6/6 (3/3)
LT A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
LT R A(S): 2/2
CT A(S): 22/22 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 4/4
RT A(S): 15/15 (14/14)
RT R A(S): 2/2
LA A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
RA A(S): 15/15 (10/10)
LL A(S): 12/12 (14/14)
RL A(S): 12/12 (14/14)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 10
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Annie Sue Hurd
Mechwarrior Player: Tempest_56
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
Large Laser – RA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
AC5 – RA (Heat: 0, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
AC5 – LA (Heat: 0, Ammo: 0, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: no hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-mounted weapons into rear arc.

S2 Scout Snipers
Platoon(4/4)
Type: Sniper
Weapon: Sniper Rifle
Player: Tempest_56
Movement MP: 1
Range: 6 hexes
Notes: May snipe or double-tap at infantry or vehicles. Arrives in 4 turns via unspecified transport.

St “Stubby” HBK-4G Hunchback
Weight: 50 tons (Medium Class)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
LT R A(S): 4/4
CT A(S): 26/26 (16/16)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
RA A(S): 16/16 (8/8)
LL A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
RL A(S): 20/20 (12/12)
Heat Sinks: 13
Movement: 4/6/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 5
Mechwarrior Name: Andre “Clueless” Norris
Mechwarrior Player: Polaron
Armament:
AC20 – RT (Heat: 7, Ammo: 10, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if WEP is fired)

La Dama Muerta
Player: Polaron
May either use a Distracting Tirade or Mock and Berate the Capellans once per turn.

FY “Sir gently caress You” LNC25-01 Lancelot
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 7/7 (3/3)
LT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 21/21 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 16/16
RT A(S): 16/16 (14/14)
RT R A(S): 10/10
LA A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
RA A(S): 14/14 (10/10)
LL A(S): 14/14 (14/14)
RL A(S): 14/14 (14/14)
Heat Sinks: 13 (double capacity)
Movement: 6/9/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 4
Mechwarrior Name: Rebecca “Divot” Moss
Mechwarrior Player: Mahoshonen
Armament:
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LA (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – CT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-weapons into rear arc

S1 Scout Sapper
Player: Mahoshonen
May use either a booby traps on enemy infantry within 4 hexes, or pyrotechnics on an enemy ‘Mech within 6. Has 2 MP.

F “Firewalker” CPLT-C1 Catapult
Weight: 65 tons (Heavy)
LT A(S): 19/19 (15/15)
LT R A(S): 8/8
CT A(S): 24/24 (21/21)
CT R A(S): 11/11
RT A(S): 19/19 (15/15)
RT R A(S): 8/8
LA A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
RA A(S): 13/13 (10/10)
LL A(S): 18/18 (15/15)
RL A(S): 18/18 (15/15)
Heat Sinks: 15
Movement: 4/6/4
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: “Engine Joe” Running Wild
Mechwarrior Player: Red_Mage
Armament:
LRM 15 – RA (Heat: 5, Ammo: 16, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
LRM 15 – LA (Heat: 5, Ammo: -, Range: (L:21 M:14 S:7 Min:6), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: No hands or lower arm actuators—may not punch, may fire arm-weapons into rear arc

TA Tech Platoon APC
Weight: 10 tons (Light)
Front A(S): 10/10 (1/1)
Left A(S): 8/8 (1/1)
Right A(S): 8/8 (1/1)
Turret A(S): 4/4 (1/1)
Rear A(S): 10/10 (1/1)
Movement: 6/9
Driver: Pilot 4, Gunnery 6
Player: Red_Mage
Tank Status: Ok!
Armament:
Machine Gun – Turret (Ammo: 200, Range: (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status: OK!)
Notes: Currently Carrying Tech Platoon

TP Tech Platoon (30/30)
Type: SRM Infantry
Weapon: SRM
Gunnery: 5
Anti-Mech: 3
Player: Red_Mage
Movement MP: 2
Range: To-hit modifier: 0: -1, 1-2: 0, 3-4: +2, 5-6 +4
Notes: 1 round of Inferno ammo, currently carried by TA APC

Sw “Skinwalker” WVR-6M Wolverine
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
LT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 6/6
CT A(S): 25/25 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 8/8
RT A(S): 20/20 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 6/6
LA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
RA A(S): 18/18 (9/9)
LL A(S): 19/19 (13/13)
RL A(S):19/19 (13/13)
Heat Sinks: 14
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior: Pilot 2, Gunnery 3
Mechwarrior Name: “Navajo Wolf” Bobby Begay
Mechwarrior Player: Bobbin Threadbare
Armament:
Medium Laser – HD (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM 6 – LT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands—may punch with either arm (may not punch with right arm if WEP is fired)
Special Ability: Eights to Aces (2/2)

S3 Scout Company(30/30)
Type: Caballeros Scouts
Weapon: Submachine Guns and Grenades
Gunnery: 3
Anti-Mech: 4
Player: Bobbin Threadbare
Movement MP: 3
Range: To-hit modifier: 0: -2, 1: 0, 2: +3
Notes: Double damage to all targets at range 0, deals an extra d6 to all targets at range 1, Arrives in 5 turns

T1 Unspecified Transport (Arrives in 3 turns)

Enemy Status
D1 WHM-6L Warhammer
Moved: 0
Damage: None
Status: Fine / Overheating (penalty) / Confused / Lost Target
Armament: Unknown
Notes:

D2 VND-1R Vindicator
Moved: 3
Status: Fine / Overheating (penalty) / Confused / Lost Target
Notes:

D3 CTF-1X Cataphract
Notes:

D4 BJ-1 Blackjack
Moved: 4
Notes:

I1 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Ballistic Rifle
Notes:

I2 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Ballistic Rifle
Notes:

I3 Death Commando Infantry (21/21)
Moved:0
Armament: SRM
Notes: Being Transported By Goblin Medium Tank

I4 Capellan Militia (30/30)
Armament: Flamer
Notes:

V1 Heavy Wheeled APC (MG Variant)
Armament: 6 Machine Guns
Notes:

V2 Zhukov Heavy Tank
Moved: 2
Armament: AC 10, AC 10, SRM 6
Notes:

V3 Goblin Medium Tank
Armament: Large Laser, Machine Gun
Notes: Transporting I3

V4 SRM Carrier
Armament: SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6, SRM 6
Notes:

Mechwarriors, you will be getting a PM / E-Mail in a few minutes
Alert! Bobbin Threadbare, I don't have an e-mail and you don't have PMs. I'ma need an E-Mail asap.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 9, 2013

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
For the vehicles:

The SRM Carrier is loving scary if you let it fire. Take that thing out at range or eat upwards of 60 missiles.

The Zhukov packs a pair of AC/10s. Can really hurt you at any range. It also packs an SRM-6 for close range.

The Goblin has a single large laser. Annoying, but a comparably lesser threat. It also packs a machine gun for anti-infantry duty.

The APC is no threat to your mechs, but keep wary if it nears your infantry. 6 Machine guns will decimate infantry.

As was previously stated many times, vehicles tend to die really fast with the way they take crits. Just don't brush them off as a non-threat, as the SRM Carrier and the Zhukov can wreck your day if you let them. They are also all fairly slow, so no crazy Hovertank speeding across half the map in this one.

On the plus side, the enemy mechs are really spread out. You should be able to isolate and overwhelm them, given their lack of speed.

KnoxZone fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 3, 2011

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
okay guys going to have to have the close in guys use the hills/valleys and trees to get up close and fast and stay out of LOS, the long range i would suggest camping near 0914 and shooting into them as much as possible...

right around now i would do a map on what mean but i think everyone has a good idea what they want to do and it is just my 2 cents.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Mighty nice big map. Sure will have fun watching the PPC rain y'all are going to wade upstream through. :laugh:

This should be a really interesting fight, though. Especially with all them vehicles. :3:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

God drat it, a Zhukov. I hate those things - I've got terrible luck against them.

Edit: PTN, would it be possible to get a copy of that map without the unit markers on them?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Vehicle images! Also, remember that that APC has 6 machine guns, not 2. Should go up like the Fourth of July with all that ammo...

Zhukov Heavy Tank

Goblin Medium Tank

SRM Carrier

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It should be noted: The Goblin's more dangerous as a troop carrier than a combat vehicle. Likewise for the Heavy APC.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Okay, initial tactical analysis - we've actually got good cover right now. I'm going to head for about where D4 currently is to get a clear firing lane. Right now D4 is overextended and we might be able to take it out before anything else can come up to support. Also, I'm considering setting some trees on fire for smoke cover - opinions, team?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

The best way to take out vehicles is via cluster hits immobilizing them, so I'd suggest that the Catapult concentrate on slamming LRMs into the SRM carrier when it can get good shots off and it's somewhere far enough away that you can disable its movement and ignore it.

The Wolverine also has a SRM-6 which is murder on vehicular motive systems, and side/rear attacks make it easier to cause vehicular motive damage.

Missile carriers tend to have thin armor though, so a penetrating kill is probably possible. I would take it out before it can close to firing range if at all possible, because that thing will murder you if it gets off more than one or two salvoes.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Tempest_56 posted:

Okay, initial tactical analysis - we've actually got good cover right now. I'm going to head for about where D4 currently is to get a clear firing lane. Right now D4 is overextended and we might be able to take it out before anything else can come up to support. Also, I'm considering setting some trees on fire for smoke cover - opinions, team?

I endorse BURNING IT ALL DOWN in any situation no matter how counterproductive, as people who play megamek with me can attest.

The SRMs are your most effective kill for the vehicles. The LRM-5 should get heavy use in clearing out, say, the SRM carrier; I'd like the Catapult to reserve its limited ammo for harder targets.

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan
PoptartsNinja:

Could you give us the types/elevations for the buildings on the map?

Also, maybe I missed it but what's with the different colors for the capellan units? (Oh, probably means which ones are Death Commandos)

Longinus00 fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 3, 2011

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Longinus00 posted:

PoptartsNinja:

Also, maybe I missed it but what's with the different colors for the capellan units?

I *think* the Green is Capellan Militia, while the black is Death Commandos. I could be very wrong though.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
^^^ Yup.

Longinus00 posted:

PoptartsNinja:

Any building with no height specified is height 2, period.

The big square one's heavy, the cluster of little ones are light, the two clusters of bigger ones are medium.

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

Affi posted:

I'll sign up for a Mechwarrior! Also is that MegaMek campaign still up and running?

It is indeed, and still recruiting.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

oh jesus i missed this i better get in on it! :v:

edit: awww missed it i gather :smith:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 3, 2011

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

That high point at 1506 is going to be a hell of a firing position for the Capellans, you're going to want to move the Sapper out of there asap so he doesn't get stomped on first turn. 0104 and 0303 aren't bad either, I'd guess the Warhammer and Cataphract will position themselves on either side to hold the flanks and cut you down if you go up the center.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
If you have the space for it, infernos will save your asses.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Magni posted:

That's an urban myth. For one, the Geneva Conventions only regulate proper treatment of prisoners of war. And NATO never had a ban of classic flamethrowers as much as that they became redundant on the modern battlefield. After all, nobody ever had problems with the continued use of napalm, white phosphorus and funny toys like the M202 Flash incendiary rocket launcher. Nowadys, it's getting evne more fun with thermobaric weapons. :science:

Going back to this, the UN actually passed a resolution to at the very least ban incendiary bombs and grenades. The US just told them to go piss up a rope. Which is fine, sometimes you have to kill it with fire.

As for the battle itself:

I think you guys should all move into the open and the shut down so they can't see you. If you hear PPC fire melting through your armor, it's probably just the wind.

If the Death Commandos are smart, they'll have rigged the hostage buildings with explosives, and then "abandon" them as the space mexicans advance. Then drop the building on the hostages killing them all. It's what the real Death Commandos would do. :colbert:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

If the Death Commandos are smart, they'll have rigged the hostage buildings with explosives, and then "abandon" them as the space mexicans advance. Then drop the building on the hostages killing them all. It's what the real Death Commandos would do. :colbert:

They just took the building like, three minutes ago. It takes a LOT of time to rig enough explosives to destroy a building.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
Okay, right off the bat I'm going to have Lady Death do the thing that makes a 50% chance of no hostages getting capped (you changed the rules on me so I don't remember which it is any more).

As for my mech..I'm thinking I want to just keep moving forward to be able to take some potshots at that..What is D4, the Blackjack?...While staying in cover as much as I can. I'm going to take a pounding as I move forward, I can tell that right now. This is a very long map we're going to have to move up.

I dunno, it's been a very long time since I did any of this, and I'm really rusty. Ideas, folks?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

ShadowDragon8685 posted:

Oh I mean the interactive map campaign thing that you could fight over planets and such with. But this is cool too. I would apply if I had time.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I would say 1416 and 1417 and that bend is a good solid position to use during your advance, cover by trees and by hills. Sure it increases the likelyhood of headshots but... its a risk im willing to take.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

PoptartsNinja posted:

They just took the building like, three minutes ago. It takes a LOT of time to rig enough explosives to destroy a building.

It wouldn't take that long to rig explosives to kill all the hostages though, and wreck most of the lower levels of the building in case any opposing infantry had made it in. They could rig an anti-hostage bomb (which would preferably be around a structural area to start with so it would do double duty) in maybe 5-10 minutes.

If you seriously play the Death Commandos as having no backup plan for killing all the hostages if the battle starts going south for them, I'll be very disappointed. Their entire deal is being heartless, predatory bastards to start with.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
They didn't bring explosives, it was in their other pants.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

It wouldn't take that long to rig explosives to kill all the hostages though, and wreck most of the lower levels of the building in case any opposing infantry had made it in. They could rig an anti-hostage bomb (which would preferably be around a structural area to start with so it would do double duty) in maybe 5-10 minutes.

If you seriously play the Death Commandos as having no backup plan for killing all the hostages if the battle starts going south for them, I'll be very disappointed. Their entire deal is being heartless, predatory bastards to start with.

They're spoiler spoiler spoiler, I'm not going to have a conversation in black text so you'll just have to wait and see

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Okay, I don't see a lot of things I can do immediately. So - my plan is thus:
SS advances to 0225. No fire this turn.

Should things stay about the same, next turn I'll be moving up to 0220, then to 0618. That'll give me good position to start covering the central area while keeping the woods around 0610 as cover from the WHM/CTF/Zhukov.

There's really no chance of me getting a reasonable bead on D4 this turn - best case I'm still long range and firing through woods.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I didn't expect to be let in on the secret prior to it happening. I wouldn't want the surprised ruined from an LP perspective, even for myself.

I'm just saying, if they say "Oh golly gee, you beat us good, Space Mexicans.", shake hands and walk away, I'm going to be pissed. :doom:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

PoptartsNinja posted:

They're spoiler spoiler spoiler, I'm not going to have a conversation in black text so you'll just have to wait and see

I wanted to be included in the secret black text conversation and also spoiler the fact that the Death Commandos prolly do have some very nasty surprises coming up for everyone... can you say... chemical warfare :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Sure, that's just what you'd like us to belive. WE'RE ON TO YOU.

• Locked thread