Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte
Man, this guy would have done well in the US senate, he'd be a champion at the filibuster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finlander
Feb 21, 2011
He said something about becoming a laughing stock by a crazy person. Who might that be?

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Let me read you this poem...

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Poetry time?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
"Nobody can allow Libya to fall at the hands of a fool, a crazy man." :v:

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Is it almost time for his musical number yet ?

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
He has his glasses on again. Continuity errors or did he put them back on?

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!
This is the Muammar Gaddafi we all knew and loved from my childhood. I think I need to dig out my old "Iron Eagle" VHS tape.

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
Is he going to kill himself at the end of this speech?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I've been up for over 24 hours and the sleep deprivation is making this speech amazing

Oh poo poo translator tag team :hellyeah:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pureauthor posted:

What the hell is this speech even about?!

Everything he can possibly think of before someone comes along and murders him.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
He just wore through translator number one on AJE

KillerKatten
Oct 26, 2010
Switching between atleast two translators on Al-Jazeera now

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
Pushing towards an hour now, the BBC has had enough.

RunningOnEmpty
Nov 1, 2005
Because I work hard for the money...bitch.
He is going to rehabilitate the youth, who are waving union jack flags for some reason, into teachers and technicians.

Is this why David Cameron is in Egypt?

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Everything he can possibly think of before someone comes along and murders him.

He's desperately trying to come across the collection of random strung-together words that will open the portal that will allow him to return to the dimension of pure gibbering chaos he originated from.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
BBC has had enough - 'well he's been going on for nearly an hour now...'

Time Machine
Feb 24, 2006
When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit.
He's blaming the youth now.

"You darn kids! Get off my sand!"

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
It's pretty surreal watching these BBC talking heads with Gaddafi's corpse-like visage continuing his rambling behind them.

Nick Esasky
Nov 10, 2009
Has he declared the US to be responsible for spiking Benghazi's water with hallicinogenic flouride or something yet to spark off riots?

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slantedfloors posted:

He's desperately trying to come across the collection of random strung-together words that will open the portal that will allow him to return to the dimension of pure gibbering chaos he originated from.

This just conjured up a mental image of him staring at some smudged writing on his hand and going "gently caress! I knew I should have written down the return code on paper."

Owlkill
Jul 1, 2009
Christ, some poor bastards have to try to analyse and discuss this after he's finished. Hope no-one at AJ was planning on an early night tonight.

KillerKatten
Oct 26, 2010
Ïs it a third translator now or the first one back again? Hmm

EllisD
Mar 14, 2004

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT!?
It's like some psychotic parasite has landed itself in Qaddafi's brain and is working overtime. I wonder if he'll namedrop killdozer?

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

KillerKatten posted:

Ïs it a third translator now or the first one back again? Hmm

This guy isn't the same as the first one.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:
Christ..will he stop? Or will he continue talking until he suffers from exhaustion and dies. Maybe that's what 'dying on my country's soil' means.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
He might be finished?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mnoba posted:

He just wore through translator number one on AJE

I think they came prepared this time - during his UN speech the translator fainted dead away in the middle and someone else had to jump in.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
He does seem to be slowing down. Maybe he is starting to tire? We can only hope.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
They should offer the Gaddafi family an asylum and a luxurious life in Hollywood, then make a reality tv show of them in the vein of The Osbournes.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
The BBC feed has just stopped and "will resume shortly". Maybe the bastard's dead.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Ezzie posted:

Christ..will he stop? Or will he continue talking until he suffers from exhaustion and dies. Maybe that's what 'dying on my country's soil' means.

It'll stop when one of his bodyguards just says: "gently caress it, I can't listen to any more" and shoots him on live TV.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Welcome to the Bab al `Aziziyah google satellite map! This place is situated in Tripoli (Tarabulus), Libya, its geographical coordinates are 32° 52' 30" North, 13° 10' 30" East and its original name (with diacritics) is Bāb al `Azīzīyah.

Incoming...

Slantedfloors
Apr 29, 2008

Wait, What?
I would laugh my rear end off if he keeled over and died of a heart attack.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Darth123123 posted:

Welcome to the Bab al `Aziziyah google satellite map! This place is situated in Tripoli (Tarabulus), Libya, its geographical coordinates are 32° 52' 30" North, 13° 10' 30" East and its original name (with diacritics) is Bāb al `Azīzīyah.

Incoming...

I know everyone abhors drone strikes, and for good reason, but I feel like this one of those times where, it might not be so bad.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
He's actually not insane and it's all just a big distraction to keep the world's eyes on him while.... well some kind of evil James Bond villain scheme I guess. Maybe deploying a giant plane crushing fist.

Either way, we're all falling for it.

Finlander
Feb 21, 2011
I'm noticing long pauses where he's fiddling around with something, and a second voice.
I'm guessing he's prerecorded the speech, and is using it as a cheat sheet, or something.
Whatever it is that he's doing, it's just poor form.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
There seems to be a second translator in the background. What language is being spoken here?

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

The Guardian posted:

He says satellite channels are claiming he has called for arrests of the rebels – I haven't, he says. It sounds as though he is responding to coverage of the first part of his speech.

I'm not listening live (at work right now) - but I think he's going to speak perpetually until he dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Aww, he wants the protestors to get off the drugs :3:

• Locked thread