Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The duck will be a bloody sacrifice, it's life force given to the gods of GSXR to keep the Suzuki running and find those missing 15 horse power

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

What's the valve adjustment interval on that duck?

Cool pet.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Russian Bear posted:

What's the valve adjustment interval on that duck?

Cool pet.

Daily, but she does her own valves ;)

For those interested, she's a rare breed developed in the US called a Cayuga.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You named your duck Desmo? Awesome.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Bunway Airlines posted:

Daily, but she does her own valves ;)

For those interested, she's a rare breed developed in the US called a Cayuga.

The real question is: is she tasty?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Spiffness posted:

The duck will be a bloody sacrifice, it's life force given to the gods of GSXR to keep the Suzuki running and find those missing 15 horse power

Unfortunately the conversion from duck power to horse power isn't favorable.

just like the motorcycles

Slim Pickens posted:

You named your duck Desmo? Awesome.

It's the only appropriate name for a duck. :buddy:

MrZig, she is a meat breed. I've never had Cayuga though.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'm sorry, who named the duck? :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This thread just got :3:.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Will you guys cry when you eat her?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Film the duck please, I bet it's doing something amazingly cute which will get more youtube hits than any of your bike vids.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ola posted:

Film the duck please, I bet it's doing something amazingly cute which will get more youtube hits than any of your bike vids.
This guy has gotten over 22000, so there you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLq8emUnzgA

:3:

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

Stop racing and working on bikes, become a pet island superstar.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Mcqueen posted:

Stop racing and working on bikes, become a pet island superstar.

That's what my wife is for. With our powers combined we can become "CAPI" and post lots of drivel on the internet.

Also ducks live 15-20 years, so I'm kinda curious how the duck in that video died so young.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Z3n posted:

Also ducks live 15-20 years, so I'm kinda curious how the duck in that video died so young.

:laugh: in an SUV blew a red light, duck didn't have proper gear.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Endless Mike posted:

I've seen this one it's very cute. That's a Chinese Crested Duck.

And as for taste, I don't like rabbit or duck so my pets are not in danger of being eaten. This is why I can't have a pet pig.

This is what she's doing right now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crki9vwbGMw

Bunway Airlines fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 24, 2011

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
My uncle used to have a duck named Aqualung. It was pretty rad, mostly just chilled in their pool.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Get a pot bellied pig next. Those things are the poo poo!

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Requesting lap times for the duck.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Saga posted:

Current record is two hours in Z3n's lap. :3:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ola posted:

This is why I'm team Ola

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

KARMA! posted:

Get a pot bellied pig next. Those things are the poo poo!

Too tasty for pets.

Ola posted:

This is the best. :3:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Z3n posted:

Too tasty for pets.

On the upside, the funeral will have amazing craft services. :burger:

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
I know they have doggles, but what for the rider with a pet duck? Duckles? Quackesses?

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Saga posted:

Definitely not C group:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIDrGXzC2bw

Check her out at about 50 seconds.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Hahaha ZOOOOOOM

Arcane
Nov 19, 2003

There are no girls on the internet!
Loving Desmo!!

edit:oh nm wrong thread.

Arcane fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 27, 2011

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
Wait wait wait...

Proud barbarian internet name, check.

Possibly from a proud barbarian kingdom, check (Santa Barbera? I forget. America anyway.).

Causes chaos and destruction over a wide area, check [crash.tif].

Sultry female companion who keeps him in line, check (all I see is a hamster avatary thing, but for the sake of argument).

Small furry peeping companion, check.

poo poo man, I haven't seen you since Baldur's Gate II. How's the film career working out?

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
You guys are welcome to check out my PI thread I'll be posting updates in there regularly.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3392768

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Alright, time to bring this back up.

Obligatory Desmo shot:

My friend has been busy detailing my $500 bike. Part of our sponsorship agreement is that he takes on little projects like this to support my racing.

And...here's what a bike I am a total of 700$ into looks like:

I should have a GSX-R breakdown GIF shortly too...it's been fun but now it's time for something new.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!
that bike looks great!

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
Holy crap, that bike looks absolutely amazing. Does your friend have a website?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Probably Hates You posted:

Holy crap, that bike looks absolutely amazing. Does your friend have a website?

Nah, he just does it out of an interest in cleaning up bikes. I've always cared more about mechanicals, he's always taken care of the cosmetics. That's why he did the paint job on my GSX-R, etc.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

How much profit do you think you'll turn on this bike?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Russian Bear posted:

How much profit do you think you'll turn on this bike?

I haven't seen it in person yet, but at this point I figure it's probably about a 2k bike. So figure about $1000 after it's all said and done. This is an exceptional deal though, and I still need to take care of bleeding brakes, it might need fresh pads, and replace the clutch, so that's going to cut in a bit more. I sold the last 94 F2 I had for $1400, and it was in much rougher cosmetic condition.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Goodbye, my lovely.

BaKESAL3
Nov 7, 2010
I've gone through the thread but I must've missed it. why are you tearing down the GSX-R?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Edit: Naaaa

Out with the old, in with the orange I say...

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Z3n posted:

Goodbye, my lovely.

Murderer.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

:smith:

Pouring some 10W40 on the concrete. Good night sweet gixx.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Probably Hates You posted:

I've gone through the thread but I must've missed it. why are you tearing down the GSX-R?

You can read the whole sordid story here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3379725

Raven457 posted:

Murderer.

I prefer the term "Motorcycle parts relocater". I'm like the surgeon that removes organs from organ doners, ok?

it helps me sleep at night

Ola posted:

:smith:

Pouring some 10W40 on the concrete. Good night sweet gixx.

It was a good one. But a new bike will come, another chance to design a new color scheme, a new host of setup problems to learn from...it should be fun! In the meantime, projects!

• Locked thread