Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

NaDy posted:

That girl is pretty much the worst presenter of anything ever.

Oihm spakkin wif mah gettoh wurhds yah kno wot ah meahn. Wicked, ahraht mahn.

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Kin posted:

Oihm spakkin wif mah gettoh wurhds yah kno wot ah meahn. Wicked, ahraht mahn.

:suicide:

She can't even pronounce David Walliams correctly and has to.read.erryfin.off.err.cards.like.a.twat.

Wabznasm
Jul 19, 2006

Rof Rof
Reading out her facts on kids in AFFRICARR in that monotone "I can't really read" drawl is truly inspiring.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Some Strange Flea posted:

Dear lord, does Matt Berry do the voiceover for everything now? Is the E4 guy retiring or something?

This would be a plus for telly if it were, gently caress the E4 guy. He just grates me.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Got to love the people who said 'Russell we'l pledge money if you wink at the camera' in an attempt to liven up what has to be the dullest segment of televisual media ever created.

And then whoever hasn't been trained in how to use the camera focuses it on those two rather than the person they're meant to be interviewing whilst he does the funny and slightly sweet thing, ignoring the better camera angle that they should be using for each interview anyway.

Oh god she can't actually read MyBrightIdea...mi bride iga?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

The chat window thing won't publish any comically scathing remarks regarding the dumbfucks.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Kin posted:

The chat window thing won't publish any comically scathing remarks regarding the dumbfucks.

You tried too?

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!

Kin posted:

The chat window hasn't published any of my fabulously witty and clever comments either. They prefer 'OMG QI is AWESOME' and 'LOVE U RUSSEL!'. Eh, philistines.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Gram-O-Phone posted:

The chat window hasn't published any of my fabulously witty and clever comments either. They prefer 'OMG QI is AWESOME' and 'LOVE U RUSSEL!'. Eh, philistines.

That or the chat feed is being moderated by someone equally as dimwitted and has no idea who Gordon the Gopher is or why he'd be a better spoken presenter than that dizzy bitch.

BeeZee142
Sep 26, 2007
Gabby Logan looked like she was ready to punch John McCririck if he touched her.

But also... Richard Bacon :3:

Uncertain Frog
Jul 28, 2006

What happens if a large asteroid hits Earth? Judging from simulations involving a hammer and a frog, we can assume it will be bad.
Holy poo poo, they are doing Whose Line is it Anyway? I can't imagine how weird that will get.

The talk they do in between shows is bizarre, do they forget it is constantly live?

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
It's gimmicky, some of the shows haven't exactly transfered well and some of the gaps are a bit painful, but I think this is one of the best things the BBC has ever done. The sheer fact that they're revealing the brutal inner realities of TV to so many viewers is pretty awesome. And we get to see David slowly lose his poo poo after being awake for so long (although christ he was good on Mastermind).

Royality
Jun 27, 2006
It's seriously annoying that they're not showing this on Iplayer afterwards. I've only just realised how much stuff I have missed, I am sad. :(

Uncertain Frog
Jul 28, 2006

What happens if a large asteroid hits Earth? Judging from simulations involving a hammer and a frog, we can assume it will be bad.
Why are the inbetween show bits presented like childrens TV? So weird, and really misjudged.

Edit: Josie Laurence still looks good and Tony Slattery looks ancient.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.
Noooooo, no dappy!! :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Uncertain Frog posted:

Why are the inbetween show bits presented like childrens TV? So weird, and really misjudged.

Edit: Josie Laurence still looks good and Tony Slattery looks ancient.

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:
Is this going on Iplayer also, I assume? (hopes)
I'm too strict with myself to stay awake through out the night. Alas for the days gone; the days I once was an insomniac.

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
Anyone make it through the whole thing? I dropped out after Call My Bluff.

It was all very entertaining, as well as being fascinating, and technically very impressive getting all those shows set up one after the other. Definitely worth £5 of anybody's money (Stephen Fry told me to donate, so how could I refuse?)

lionlegs
Feb 16, 2005
Ask me about my lego spheres!
They just stopped half-way through Buzzcocks! I know he'd been working for 24 hours, but he could have at least done the Next Lines round :colbert:

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
I got past They Think It's All Over but couldn't make it to Room 101.

I woke up hearing a bit of Call My Bluff but was fully awake for Whose Line which, I have to be honest, I was a bit disappointed with. I guess they are just out of practice - plus it was early in the day. It was nice to see Josie Lawrence as her usual effervescent self though.

StrawmanUK
Aug 16, 2008
Not only did Lucy get a date, she also managed to bag one of the most popular guys of the series so far. Good on ya girl!

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

StrawmanUK posted:

Not only did Lucy get a date, she also managed to bag one of the most popular guys of the series so far. Good on ya girl!

She seemed really nice. Better than Jojo anyway. My facebook turned into comment on Lucy getting a date for an hour :3:

slotbadger
Jul 19, 2007
hey deadhead - take a bite of peach.
Damnit, I wish I knew this was on. Hope the BBC makes the full stream available.

Volcano
Apr 10, 2008

I'm also annoyed I missed it, although I work weekends so I probably couldn't have watched much of it anyway. Fingers crossed it reappears.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Don't forget to watch Brian Cox in 15 mins guys :D

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007

DaWolfey posted:

I got past They Think It's All Over but couldn't make it to Room 101.
They cancelled Room 101 for time purposes. Shame - Hancock was always a much better host than Merton.

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
Thank you Brian Cox, I always wondered what the heat death of the universe was, and he explained it in a way that let me figure it out for myself a little bit, too.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

I love Brian Cox because he's so insanely passionate about his field, and always seems ecstatic to be sharing it with you.

I swear he seemed a bit subdued when he got onto the subject of entropy, and not getting that sparkle from his voice when he was discussing Heat Death was just so sad :smith:

Gram-O-Phone
Mar 9, 2007

Oh, play that thing!
'Life is the means by which the Universe understands itself'

Amazing.

N3RDSTER
Mar 27, 2010
Yeah, the man was obviously channelling some of the old Carl Sagan logic right there.

I really enjoyed the programme in full, but then again I tend to enjoy any astronomy-for-dummies stuff I can get my hands on. It kept making me wonder what stuff would actually look like, you know not CGI-ed. All sounds so beautiful :unsmith: Shame we'll never see it :smith:

Speaking of that sort of stuff, this should be mandatory viewing when you get hooked up to the internet, before you can access anything else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfwY2TNehw

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

For anyone who watched Being Human instead of Brian Cox you can see it again on Tuesday at 7pm on BBC2.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

N3RDSTER posted:

Speaking of that sort of stuff, this should be mandatory viewing when you get hooked up to the internet, before you can access anything else.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pfwY2TNehw
As should this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
The Sky at Night is great tonight :) 700th episode!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Gram-O-Phone posted:

'Life is the means by which the Universe understands itself'

Amazing.

That was a proper woah moment for me. I love it when things are explained that deeply. Also love the talk about Entropy, for what it is it really doesn't get talked about enough on tv.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
The best thing about Brian Cox, well to me anyway, is that despite his happy nature and almost child-like enthusiasm, he's never smug (well maybe a little bit sometimes) or patronising or condescending.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

As should this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U

But we must always remember our anthem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiFD6EFVsTg&sns=em

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

eating only apples posted:

except for mr.shittyimpressions it was, yes.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
Just as I was warming up to Cox, he goes to the loving turtles. Always with those loving turtles. BBC, I understand that they are easy to film, but we have all seen the turtles now. Thank you.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

The One Show has Patrick Kielty on and are threatening him with his mobile number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

eating only apples posted:

I wanted to watch it via iPlayer, but because of the 7 day limit, they're holding it back until tomorrows repeat on BBC4. :shakefist: