Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rabbitheart
Mar 5, 2011

You waste more than four hours on this tomfoolery.

You can't post derp cats without including this gif.

It would be unforgiveable.

rabbitheart has a new favorite as of 00:28 on Mar 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A black person
Oct 3, 2007

Bender, stop shutting the hell up!
So my new goal in life is to own a LaPerm cat.

Grace McSpiff
Dec 7, 2010
This is Domino.

And this...

This is Panzer-Meowst.

They are my prides :3:

Grace McSpiff has a new favorite as of 09:08 on Mar 9, 2011

inky101
Nov 1, 2007

Grace McSpiff posted:

They are my prides :3:

You could almost say they're a pride of prides! :downsrim:

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

A black person posted:

So my new goal in life is to own a LaPerm cat.

I had to look this up. I wasn't sure if that cat had a bad case of bed-head or what. Apparently it's permanent.

The logo of the LaPerm Society of America:

Fart Jockey
Aug 13, 2010

Grace McSpiff posted:

My cat loves this drunken pose!

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
This is Lilly.

She's almost two years old now and as large as a typical American shorthair (Maine coons tend to get huge), yet she still has a kitten face. She's my sister's cat, and she calls her "nugget" a lot. She also has a male cat, Oliver, who's Lilly's brother. I don't have any pictures of him, though.

Purple_slug
Nov 27, 2007

Cross-post from PI:Post Your Pet

These pictures have been a long time coming but I need to give some back-story first.

After graduating from college in May, I decided to get a cat. My mom knew of a lady who was looking to give away some kittens. When the lady dropped the kitten off, he was scrawny, malnourished, riddled with fleas/tapeworms and had goopy eyes. And to top it all off, the little dude was deaf. My heart broke. Despite my mom's hesitation, I vowed to take care of the poor kitten. We named him Charlie.

This is Charlie as a kitten.

Took him to the vet and he got better.

Playing in a tree.

Tough Guy

Charlie is the best cat I've ever had. He's just really adorable and incredibly cuddly. Also, he loves water like no one's business. He deafness has never caused any issues except that he's not allowed outside and has a funny, loud meow. Another thing about the deaf thing is that he doesn't like it when people are out of his sight so he gets lonely. My solution was to get another cat!

This is Barney. I first saw him back in early December when I was poking around Petsmart. They have a little area where AC Paws keeps some of their shelter cats. He was super lovey and friendly. I didn't think about him again until I was in two weeks later and saw that he hadn't been adopted yet. It was third time I saw him, now in late January, that I knew I had to adopt him. He was really mopey and refused to come to the gate. My heart broke all over again. (I'm a sucker for sad cats.) I got in contact with AC Paws, fostered him for two weeks and then made the adoption official. He's still really skittish (he was actually with AC Paws for a whole year BTW: he's only three) but he's making a ton of progress. Oh! And Charlie and Barney get along and are cat buddies now.

Handsome!

BFF

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Good for you Purple Slug for adopting a handicapped and a homeless kitty! They really are the best cats, and yours are very handsome. My Mom's friend has a purebred Persian or something and the drat thing always needs special baths and cleaning and food or something or it will get sick and die.

I'll put some pictures of my cats as soon as I can get some decent pictures. Because I know you are all dying to see my cats let me show you them.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Purple_slug posted:

:3:

This is a really nice story, and adorable cats, thank you for sharing!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Purple_slug posted:

BFF

Butt Friends Forever.

Gorgeous cats.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Fart Jockey posted:

My cat loves this drunken pose!

Ah, the ever adorable "Al Bundy sans pants" pose

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
This is my big fat retard:

I concede that my cat is not the fattest
VVVVVVVV

Category Fun! has a new favorite as of 03:22 on Mar 11, 2011

Ottoman
Apr 30, 2004

Hideki! You have so many side dishes. Can Chii be your main course?

Taken from this thread about kitty moms-to-be. The thread started out about a different cat but the link is to the first post regarding the lady pictured above. It is a thread that started out kind of :smith: but is now totally excited for impending kitten explosion :3:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

Purple_slug posted:

Charlie and Barney and :3:

Just to echo others, you are so good for taking in kitties who need you. As I am sure others have and will testify to, pets you save are almost always the best pets. My parents do rescue and all of our best cats and dogs have been dumpster and street rescues.

You have no idea how much I want to pet and hug those guyzos.

And that poor pregnant kitty. She's about to pop. I hope they come soon!!!

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Category Fun! posted:

This is my big fat retard:

Big fat retarded orange cats are the best! Here's mine:

edit:

Florida Betty has a new favorite as of 03:56 on Mar 11, 2011

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

My fat orange retard. His name is O.C.

EDIT: he's a rescue of sorts. He showed up on my back deck one day, looking lost and dejected. I later learned he belonged to a guy a few streets up who got a new dog which chased O.C. off the property. He'd been living on the streets for a few weeks when he showed up at my door. I took him in. Within a month he developed a serious respiratory infection. I spent $500 for his hospital treatment. He would have died otherwise. Several months later he was sleeping on the driveway and I accidentally ran over him with my truck. It took several thousand dollars to put him back together, but he's fine now, as you can see. Quite an investment, but he's more than worth it. The sweetest, most loyal cat ever.

beatlegs has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Mar 11, 2011

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Florida Betty posted:

Big fat retarded orange cats are the best! Here's mine:

edit:

I love Polydactyl cats, lookit his paws!!!

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

I didn't realize before that internet celebrity cat Maru has his own blog.

The Worst Unicorn
Nov 4, 2009

~*I Sparkle You Sparkle*~
Found this while trying to see if you can find a cat's belly button.

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

beatlegs posted:

EDIT: he's a rescue of sorts. He showed up on my back deck one day, looking lost and dejected. I later learned he belonged to a guy a few streets up who got a new dog which chased O.C. off the property. He'd been living on the streets for a few weeks when he showed up at my door. I took him in. Within a month he developed a serious respiratory infection. I spent $500 for his hospital treatment. He would have died otherwise. Several months later he was sleeping on the driveway and I accidentally ran over him with my truck. It took several thousand dollars to put him back together, but he's fine now, as you can see. Quite an investment, but he's more than worth it. The sweetest, most loyal cat ever.

That is the most <3 story ever. Thank you for not giving up on him.

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

beatlegs posted:

Huh.. my cat does the same thing about sleeping in the driveway and refusing to move. Once I heard a car honking in front of my house, and I came out to look and found my cat sleeping in the middle of the street. I think orange cats really are stupider than the rest.

And what a sweet story, I'm so glad he was ok :)

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Florida Betty posted:

Huh.. my cat does the same thing about sleeping in the driveway and refusing to move. Once I heard a car honking in front of my house, and I came out to look and found my cat sleeping in the middle of the street. I think orange cats really are stupider than the rest.

And what a sweet story, I'm so glad he was ok :)

My Murphy is a big gray tabby who does the same thing, so it's not just orange cats. In fact, he's been known to lay down in front of an approaching car and roll over to present his belly for some rubbin's. :downs:

(He is no longer allowed outside unsupervised.)

For content, I'm a big fan of Maru's work:

multiprotocol
Sep 16, 2004
label switching is fun. i can relate to that.
Look at these lazy cats.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

multiprotocol posted:

Look at these lazy cats.

Fuckers need to get jobs.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

multiprotocol posted:

:stare:, the cat.

King Plum the Nth
Oct 16, 2008

Jan 2018: I've been rereading my post history and realized that I can be a moronic bloviating asshole. FWIW, I apologize for most of everything I've ever written on the internet. In future, if I can't say something functional or funny, I won't say anything at all.
Both my 6 month old kitten (pictured) and my 12 year old cat show an inclination to drink from anything that isn’t their bowl. I’ve tried filtered & unfiltered water, I’ve put ice in the bowl, and I've tried bowls made of different materials. They’d still rather drink from the shower floor or sink. Well, I was setting about washing the dishes and the kitten, Lucy, hopped up on the counter and started to lap right out of the running stream from the tap. It was soooooo cute! She was at it long enough that I was able to get some pictures, including this one:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

King Plum the Nth
Oct 16, 2008

Jan 2018: I've been rereading my post history and realized that I can be a moronic bloviating asshole. FWIW, I apologize for most of everything I've ever written on the internet. In future, if I can't say something functional or funny, I won't say anything at all.
Also this chick. She's not even mine but she eats here sometimes and spends the night during inclement weather (I don't think she's allowed in at home). Sorry for the double post but I'm using the "Attach file:" feature and I really wanted to post this as it's in the top five best cat photos I've ever been lucky enough to snap.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

King Plum the Nth posted:

Both my 6 month old kitten (pictured) and my 12 year old cat show an inclination to drink from anything that isn’t their bowl. I’ve tried filtered & unfiltered water, I’ve put ice in the bowl, and I've tried bowls made of different materials. They’d still rather drink from the shower floor or sink. Well, I was setting about washing the dishes and the kitten, Lucy, hopped up on the counter and started to lap right out of the running stream from the tap. It was soooooo cute! She was at it long enough that I was able to get some pictures, including this one:

They probably like the running water. You can get water bowls with a pump deelie like fountains have that keeps the water going.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That is cute. Have you considered trying a cat fountain for the drinking problem?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Is Lucy a somali?

King Plum the Nth
Oct 16, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

That is cute. Have you considered trying a cat fountain for the drinking problem?

Sex Hobbit posted:

They probably like the running water. You can get water bowls with a pump deelie like fountains have that keeps the water going.

Thanks! You know I did try one of those years ago when my 12 year old was younger but he didn't go for it. I thought at the time the motor/pump was too loud (by cat standards) and it spooked him. Honestly, I think the Beast is just contrary. The again, I'm alwasy buying stuff for them only to find they prefer the boxes (just like human kids!)

But, since you mention it, I wonder if Lucy might like that. I think I'll try again for her benefit.

For the trifecta, here's my first ever cat, the 12 year old Original Beast, Tigger. (I didn't name him but I love him dearly.) I know he's getting on in years but he's still a great nap-time companion and he's good with kittens and kids. To my amusement, he refuses to be intimidated by medium-small dogs or aggressive cats.

King Plum the Nth
Oct 16, 2008

skander posted:

Is Lucy a somali?

Golly, I don't know. I know next to nothing about cat breeds; the ones I have came to me randomly, I didn't seek them out. Lucy has a short story attached but nothing to make me think she's purebred. That said, I looked "somali" up on wikipedia and she certainly has the some traits in common. Specifically, the ears and tail.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

That said, I looked "somali" up on wikipedia and she certainly has the some traits in common. Specifically, the ears and tail.
And the ticked coat.

Mr.Graves
Jul 23, 2007

by T. Finn

Imaginary Imperial Speeder Bike

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

:stare:, the cat.

Surely you mean, :catstare:
Though I never got that emote. It looks more like an angry Dracula.

Powdered Toast Man
Jan 25, 2005

TOAST-A-RIFIC!!!

beatlegs posted:

Surrounded by catnip. It's almost like he's saying, "Duuuuude, I am soooo hiiiigh." :catdrugs:

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them

WANNA EAT BIRD! WANNA EAT BIRD! WANNA EAT BIRD!!!

Sadly for the cadre of ninjas, they are not allowed outside.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
My two lazy felines like nothing better than chilling in the conservatory all afternnon long:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

textzilla
Nov 4, 2006

a valuable, valuable mushroom, like no other in all the forums.
hehe i dont even know