Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1. Nothing. Unless he's doing it in front of the other teams fans, which then he may need a friendly talking to.
2. Log it in match report.
3. Indirect from the closest point on the edge of the goal area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
1. Does he need his hands to summon the hurricanes? If so, according to the laws they are an extension of his hand, so any use of the hurricane would constitute handling the ball.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Surely it would be X-Men Academicals anyway

Mr Pepper
Nov 29, 2006

:jiggled:Top Class:jiggled:

Popehoist posted:

:ughh:

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
1. Do nothing.
2. Nothing in the Laws about this, but it would be something to report to the League and/or FA afterwards.
3. IDFK from six yard box to the attacking team.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Popehoist posted:

2. Surely if you are the ref he should be beating you up for your tuck shop money?

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Trin Tragula posted:

2. Surely if you are the ref he should be beating you up for your tuck shop money?

clearly you're watching the beating up happen from round the corner a fair distance away so you have a head start if he notices you

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's Monday!

quote:

1) Providing the player hasn't delayed the restart, and you don't feel the celebration was excessive or provocative, then, based on the current laws of the game, no offence has been committed. This shouldn't be an issue in future, though, because of the new ban on snoods. The International FA Board has judged that they are potentially dangerous.

2) You have a responsibility to uphold the integrity of the game, but you're not in a position to pass a full judgment on the players now. So make it clear to both of them that you will be reporting what you saw to the authorities after the match, and call officials from both teams to your dressing room to tell them the same.

3) Award an indirect free-kick on the goal area line parallel to the goalline at a point nearest the position of the offence. The keeper has deliberately handled the ball from a direct kick from a team-mate. He's not guilty, though, of the red card offence of denying a goal because keepers are allowed to handle the ball inside their own penalty area: his offence is specific.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

quote:

He's not guilty, though, of the red card offence of denying a goal because keepers are allowed to handle the ball inside their own penalty area
:stare:

Goalies are allowed to handle the ball??? :aaaaa:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I picked up the ap based on this thread. Its only a quid at the moment.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's Friday!

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

1) Red card. Your's was an accident, he assaulted the referee
2) I'd play it. There's probably some bylaw about markings on the pitch only being allowed in white paint or something though
3) In an ideal world the goal would stand, but the players have to display their own squad number. Make him change, wind the clock back to the time the substitution was made, wipe the goal from the score.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
1) Send him off, he can't assault you and be abusive for an accident.
2) Not sure, I'd guess there's a law about no unauthorised markings on the pitch though.
3) Get the player to change, but let it stand and report to the FA. Needs to be investigated whether the player has just pulled on the wrong shirt or if the team are being shady and potentially fielding an unregistered player in which case the FA can dock them points.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

1) Allow a bit of cursing and pushing, the poor sucker had an elbow rammed on his nose. Coping with pain and all.

2) Part of the box ain't a neutral green no more, no play.

3) Restart play from the moment the sub came in, have him use the correct shirt, caution the sub. No goal.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
1) Shoot for a takedown. Don't bother to pass guard and just throw elbows. Defend the inevitable triangle choke attempt.

2) Add a question mark. Will provide an interesting talking point for the crowd.

3) Goal. Delay restart so he can change his shirt. Book him when he removes his original one 'in celebration'.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Excellent questions for #2 and #3. They're great examples of the modern-day LOAF's greatest strength.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Trin Tragula posted:

Excellent questions for #2 and #3. They're great examples of the modern-day LOAF's greatest strength.

Because its down to each ref's interpretation of the rules and use of common sense?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

Well these are more interesting.

1) Red card. Fucker shouldn't be standing that close to the ref anyway.

2) I don't see why not. The surface is playable, no-one is mistaking the paint from the lines. I've no idea what the LOAF says about it though.

3) You should have checked that when he came on. Allow it and make him change before the restart.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1. Players lay their hands on the referee all the time, it's kind of a case by case basis. I'd give him a stern talkin' to, apologize, and have the injury delt with.

2. What in the hell was going on the entire time he was painting that? That poo poo probably took him 10 minutes. Anyway, as long no pertinent field lines are obscured, I'd say lets play on.

3. I don't even think jersey numbers are required, technically. Goal stands and makes him change out his jersey unless the specific league rules state otherwise.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
The shirt number thing would depend on the competition I guess? I don't think they're actually required in the LOAF

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Robert Patrick posted:

The shirt number thing would depend on the competition I guess? I don't think they're actually required in the LOAF

Good point. If a player gets blood on their shirt, they'll often switch to one with no number, so I'd say it's fine once you make him change it and include it in the match report.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

#1: Obviously this is down to the actual situation and referee's interpretation. If he just yelled and gave me a shove, I would try to calm him down and apologise. If he raises his hands to me again after that, get off my pitch.

#2: I guess it depends on the type of the paint. Does the painted grass still behave like grass, or is it really stiff? Does a ball roll along it properly as it should? If so, play.

#3: Make him change it and note it in the match report. Play continues while he's off the pitch getting a new shirt.

EDIT: didn't read "the grass is fine" for #2. Whoops.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
#1 - He stays on. For Violent Conduct it has to be 'excessive force' from him. The guy has just been hit hard enough by me to draw blood, so an immediate shove + a bit of verbal is to be expected (if an _immediate_ reaction). If there is a delay before he acts out then he will be walking.

#2 - It can be played. LOTG specifies what the marks _should_ be but does not say anything about which marks should not be there! League rules might stop the game from happening though. e.g. Premiership having a Lloyds TSB logo on the pitch! Also, nothing in the LOTG specifies colour of markings.

#3 - Goal stands, get him to change it. This is down to league rules again. Besides, the 4th official screwed up here by not checking the number as part of the substitution.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Hackett's verdict:

Keith Hackett posted:

1) It's a horrible incident, and you should apologise for your part in it – but you'll also have to show the player a red card for violent conduct. Your action was accidental, his was not: players simply cannot manhandle officials. The Referees' Association considers it an assault. Restart play with the free-kick for which you had originally stopped play.
Gary Brown wins the shirt for this question.
2) The words are not offensive, the pitch is undamaged, and the ink isn't dangerous to players – so the game can go ahead. But you should still make every effort to see if the groundsman can paint over it with green dye or use coloured sand: you have a responsibility to the image of the game. Personally, I'd be confident that the ground staff could come up with some sort of solution: for me, they are the unsung heroes of the game. Thanks to Karl Stringer.
3) The team have not gained an unfair advantage with the shirt mix-up, so there's no need to be draconian about this. Award the goal, and get the player to replace his shirt with one of the spares that are always available (in case of blood contamination or damage). Thanks to Lewis Corner.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Yay for three pretty sensible answers there.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That might be the first time I've completely agreed with him.

Dudley fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 15, 2011

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Friday time.

1. I would guess this is down to the fact that the rules don't have a size limit for gloves, so in theory a goalkeeper could wear gloves that covered the entire goalmouth. The rules don't prevent him wearing wicket keeper's gloves, so Hackett might say it's fine, but I'd say book him for unsporting conduct.

2. Penalty and probably red card. It may not be on purpose, but if you raise your hands, it's a handball.

3. I'd say the sub is ok. I would imagine the teamsheet is handed in before the warm-up and we've often seen players withdrawn after that.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
1) Send him back to change into the proper kit, and let him back on at the next break in play. Guess his team's without a keeper for a few min.

2) Handball, penalty. Yellow card.

3) edit: Yes, but only if he asks nicely.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

sassassin posted:

1) Send him back to change into the proper kit, and let him back on at the next break in play. Guess his team's without a keeper for a few min.

I don't think the ref would make them play with no keeper. Play is stopped for the slightest injury to a keeper that wouldn't stop play for an outfield player.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mickolution posted:

I don't think the ref would make them play with no keeper. Play is stopped for the slightest injury to a keeper that wouldn't stop play for an outfield player.

I'm sorry I thought I was the ref in this situation.

They're clearly taking the piss, so they don't get special treatment. Put John O Shea in goal for a couple mins or something, not my problem.

It shouldn't take long to find a proper pair of gloves anyway.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

sassassin posted:

2) Handball, penalty. Yellow card.

if it's handball then it's a penalty and red card, otherwise it's nothing. There's no yellow card offence here

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
1. The laws don't specify what kind of gloves you may wear AFIAK but the league rules may.

2. This is a tricky one, but it's a corner. The laws clearly specify multiple times that the ball must be deliberately handled. This was obviously accidental. If you did decide to award a penalty, you would also have to send the player off as deliberately handling the ball to prevent a goal is specifically cited as a sending off offense.

3. Allow them to change the starting lineup from a player on the bench, but they cannot bring in another sub to take his place on the bench.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Robert Patrick posted:

if it's handball then it's a penalty and red card, otherwise it's nothing. There's no yellow card offence here

By the letter of the law, maybe not.

But it was that or suffer a head injury. You shouldn't overly punish that imo.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

sassassin posted:

By the letter of the law, maybe not.

But it was that or suffer a head injury. You shouldn't overly punish that imo.

It's really impossible not to send him off, though. There is no cautionable offense to put in your match report. If you decide it's deliberate, then you can send him off for blocking a goal with his hand or DOGSO.

But it wasn't deliberate, which is why it's a corner.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Concerned Citizen posted:

It's really impossible not to send him off, though. There is no cautionable offense to put in your match report. If you decide it's deliberate, then you can send him off for blocking a goal with his hand or DOGSO.

But it wasn't deliberate, which is why it's a corner.

Fine, if it's going to get me in trouble.

Corner, claim he didn't handle it. Blame my linesman when people protest. Book anyone that raises their voice within five feet of me.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Can we make use of the term 'DOGSO' bannable?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
for me it is handball. The facts are that he was trying to stop the ball, he stuck his arm out and the ball hit it. There's no way you could determine what he was actually trying to do.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Robert Patrick posted:

for me it is handball. The facts are that he was trying to stop the ball, he stuck his arm out and the ball hit it. There's no way you could determine what he was actually trying to do.

I think you could go either way. If we assume that the text of the article is what you saw or how you interpret the events as they happened, then it's clearly not a handball. In a real situation, I don't think you'd be shocked to see red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

It's not handball if it's accidental and he was trying to stop himself from crashing into the post, but being able to spot the difference as a referee in an actual match.

• Locked thread