Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterly Prophet
Nov 9, 2005

by angerbeet
Getting dropped period is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

Some units drop officers.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

3rdEyeDeuteranopia posted:

Some units drop officers.

I've seen it. Usually company commanders 'breaking in' their new 2LTs because they did some stupid 2LT poo poo.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I never found smoking soldiers to be effective forms of punishment.

GI parties/random recall notices/other assorted games, however, are a bastard. So is killing them with paperwork so they can't go to schools/boards/whatever.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I'm just a giant pussy but smoking people is goddamn retarded. In the wing we didn't do it, ever, but if any NCO had done it to me, they'd have immediately gone on my "gently caress you I hate you and am going to do everything in my power to undermine you at any opportunity" list.

There's other ways to punish fuckups that don't also violate MCOs and make your subordinates hate you.

FooGoo
Oct 21, 2008
Does anybody know about how long a vision waiver for an AF class III flight physical will take?

I start mine tomorrow and am almost positive I will need a waiver as I'm -7.00 (correctable) in both eyes and would like a rough idea of the timeline to expect

con
Aug 5, 2004

There's always next year...
My waiver for the Air Force took about 6 weeks to get approvedm it wasn't a vision waiver, but a medical. I imagine it would be about the same time.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~

FooGoo posted:

Does anybody know about how long a vision waiver for an AF class III flight physical will take?

I start mine tomorrow and am almost positive I will need a waiver as I'm -7.00 (correctable) in both eyes and would like a rough idea of the timeline to expect

drat I'm surprised they'd even consider -7. I'm -8 or something. BLIND AS gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
-6.5 in both eyes, only took a few weeks...I didn't even know it had started when I got the results.

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

thetechnoloser posted:

I've seen it. Usually company commanders 'breaking in' their new 2LTs because they did some stupid 2LT poo poo.

No, I've seen S3s and XOs (both BN and Brigade) drop LTs - MAJs.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
What do pushups teach exactly besides "im a huge douchebag"

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

edit

NovemberMike fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 8, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
call him a "f@gg0t"

*IAW new GIP rules

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

edit

NovemberMike fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 8, 2013

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

moker posted:

What do pushups teach exactly besides "im a huge douchebag"

I got dropped today at drill by my squad leader because I wasn't good enough at jumping my team leader.

It was his last drill.

I thought it was funny.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

So mild E/N. My G/F is irritated that I purchased some Barcardi and Coke to drink for this evening. I'd rather mix my own drinks and hang out vs $10 at the downstairs bar.

I'm sorry you have a meeting at 7 AM and you're taking it out on me. No I didn't offer to 'share' because of such, geez I'm a huge dick. No, I'm not alcoholic but I'm not paying out the rear end for drinks. You wanted me along on this trip and then complain when I drink?

We'll see if it's DX time coming up.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Mar 7, 2011

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Roving Reporter posted:

So mild E/N. My G/F is irritated that I purchased some Barcardi and Coke to drink for this evening. I'd rather mix my own drinks and hang out vs $10 at the downstairs bar.

I'm sorry you have a meeting at 7 AM and you're taking it out on me. No I didn't offer to 'share' because of such, geez I'm a huge dick. No, I'm not alcoholic but I'm not paying out the rear end for drinks. You wanted me along on this trip and then complain when I drink?

:stare:

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world

Roving Reporter posted:

Say again, over?

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Sorry, brought in petty GS11 BS to this thread. I just was frustrated at the time.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I also got attitude/jealousy when I went to Seaworld yesterday.

If you want me to come to come with you, don't expect me to hang out in the hotel for 6+ hours. Esp if the VA isn't paying for it.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world
Ask her if she wants to go to her next meeting with a blackeye. Gets 'em every time. Just kidding.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Is the Guard going to have a hissy fit if I go and get prescribed some mild antidepressants?

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Casimir Radon posted:

Is the Guard going to have a hissy fit if I go and get prescribed some mild antidepressants?

yep

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

I was on antidepressants from the VA during my Guard time and never heard anything about it. This was from the VA too.

Although, I was a non-deployable NCO which my unit knew wouldn't reenlist, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Whatever, back to giving zero fucks...same as my Guard time.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post
pretty sure they will take that clearance right away if you get anti-depressants or even see a therapist for anything other than PTSD but I could be wrong; that was just inferred from reading the SF86.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Yeah, my anti-depressants were from PTSD, so I don't know. Just looked over the most current one I could find via Google. Seems like PTSD is fine but anything else, nada.

Although I only had a Secret clearance. So if my poo poo got yanked no one ever told me about it. Wouldn't be surprised though.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I don't have a top secret so I can hardly see how they'd care.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't have a top secret so I can hardly see how they'd care.

BRADLEY MANNING DID NOT NEED A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE TO NEARLY BRING THIS WHOLE COUNTRY DOWN.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I know plenty of people in the guard on anti-depressants. They all still have their clearances. Granted, none of them have top secret, at least that I'm aware of.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Rrail posted:

BRADLEY MANNING DID NOT NEED A TOP SECRET CLEARANCE TO NEARLY BRING THIS WHOLE COUNTRY DOWN.

Not so loud, all some of us have hangovers.

Rrail
Nov 26, 2003

by Y Kant Ozma Post

AB posted:

Not so loud, all some of us have hangovers.

Sorry, I'm just really passionate about the protection of classified.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
So are these the rip-its everyone who's been to the desert is crazy about? Because I found them in our commissary earlier today while shopping:

3rdEyeDeuteranopia
Sep 12, 2007

It's not that they are great. It's just that they are free (for some people) while deployed and it's typically more difficult to get than red bulls/monsters.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

I remember red being the best flavor. Oh, and the ones overseas were mini-sized, which actually tricked you into drinking more in the long run.

WIRED

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Atomic pom and citrus.

Best rip-its.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
True operators in Iraq drank:

Nillerz
Jun 24, 2008

Nillerz posted:

Why don't I eat veggies? I don't look at them as *food*, in the classical sense.
AM I POSTING ABOUT HOW WOMEN ARE STUPID, WEAK AND WORTHLESS? REMIND ME THAT I AM AN INFANTILE MANCHILD WHO REFUSES TO EAT VEGETABLES
Hey I am popping in to say that smoking works, especially if they really hosed something up, and it's a much better alternative to loving them otherwise, with paperwork or getting in the way of their college, or article fifteens or loving with their pay.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Nillerz posted:

Hey I am popping in to say that smoking works, especially if they really hosed something up, and it's a much better alternative to loving them otherwise, with paperwork or getting in the way of their college, or article fifteens or loving with their pay.

That's pretty much how we viewed it as well. Smoking works well for minor punishment and as a refresher that there are still [physical] punishment if you gently caress up. No need to write counseling statements because someone was late or something. Just a few minutes of pain or even just an rear end chewing.

For bigger things(DUIs, drugs, getting arrested), its different. Or someone who is 'that guy'...always failing PT, doesn't care, etc. That way there's a paper trail to finally Chapter/AR15 his rear end for later, even if he moves around.

That's one thing always respected and learned about good leadership, was the ability to adapt to each situation when dealing with each solider instead of being the rear end in a top hat NCO who just yelled/smoked all the time.

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 14, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Fuccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk now I'm loving fiending

Every wakeup for me in iraq was pop in a lipper, down a wild tiger, and smoke a cigarette

poo poo was glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Just keep it away from Charlie Sheen.

That poo poo's still funny right? Are Charlie Sheen jokes still okay? Aw gently caress it, even I know that poo poo is lame now.

• Locked thread