Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackGeneric
Apr 23, 2008

[Witty observation]

Macrame_God posted:

Fake Edit: What were those other names tramp stamped on the back of Starla?

Muscleman
Steve
Muscleman
Mordecai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Best bit: the Mattress Knight. :D

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Easily. I love how he setup the whole castle on a riverbank at that.

Mordecai's logicing out who is a single lady at the supermarket is pretty cool too.

EDIT: Kind of wish that hi-five ghost never spoke though.

etanmaet
Feb 19, 2010
hoooo holy god that was brilliant and I usually dislike anything involving muscle man ("your mom" reminds me of annoying 8th graders [yes, i know that's the joke, I just don't find it funny]).

I'd like Pops to have a romantic interest. Hell, I'd watch an hour special involving a romantic Pops story.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Macrame_God posted:

Only one banana in the cart? Yup, Mordecai knows a single woman when he sees one.
Oh jesus, now I got that.

I probably laughed the most when she smashed into the ground and obliterated the environment around her with a "BOOAAAAAAM", and then the what the Knight did after. It was just absurd.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tartarus Sauce posted:

That part was both hilarious and kind of inspiring. I'd both love to see him come back and love to never see him again.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It will be a hundred times funnier if they reference him like once every other season, and only for a split second scene.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I'm surprised they haven't introduced commercials in these 11 minute shows sooner. Think about it, the point of TV is ad revenue. If you can watch an entire episode in between ad breaks, then that means almost no one watches commercials, which is a bad thing for shows. I'm all for ad breaks in proper places, and the death of 15 minute shows if it keeps them on air longer.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
That was just about the most flat-out disgusting romantic reunion I've ever seen, though. I dare the Internet to Rule 34 that grotesque train-wreck--moobs and all!

talaena
Aug 30, 2003

Danger Mouse! Power House!
I am guessing they split RS to give a 'good' lead-in into that horrid problem solvers show that premiered after. It went straight from RS to Problem Solvers. That line of thinking worked for my 6 year old; as he forced me to sit and watch that drat thing.

After Adventure time, there was a commercial break before Mad, so I had time to flee. No such time was afforded to me for Problem Solvers.

Naked muscleman in the shower was about 13 types of disturbing.

an uncanny otter
Mar 31, 2010

WV?: Rise up.
I knew I spotted a Back to the Future reference in there somewhere.

Thorias
Jun 3, 2008
That's sort of a twin peaks reference too isn't it? Either way that's awesome.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!

Thorias posted:

That's sort of a twin peaks reference too isn't it? Either way that's awesome.

See, that's sort of how I was thinking of it too, but I don't really remember a mall in that show so it's still not quite to me. Back to the Future makes more sense because it's an '80s thing

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Problem Solverz probably wasn't the most terrible thing I've ever seen, but I definitely lost interest and left to wash dishes after about 5 minutes or so.

It's certainly one of the uglier shows I've seen in a long, long time--aggressively and fascinatingly so, like it's actually trying to be a parody of an Adult Swim show.

Elmo Oxygen
Jun 11, 2007

Kazuo Misaki Superfan #3

Don't make me lift my knee, young man.
I'm pretty sure they're just trying to kill off the epileptics in their audience.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Are these made by the same guy?

I can't be the only one who thought they were similar.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
I thought that too.
And wow Alfee is voiced by John DiMaggio. Is everyone voiced by John DiMaggio?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Macrame_God posted:

Only one banana in the cart? Yup, Mordecai knows a single woman when he sees one.

I'm really wondering if that was some sexual innuendo there.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Elmo Oxygen posted:

I'm pretty sure they're just trying to kill off the epileptics in their audience.

Yeah, even the bumps (or whatever they're called now) between the commercials and the shows had the characters rising slowly out of flashy-blinky manholes.

I did dig when Mordecai and Rigby came out wearing sunglasses, though ;).

Morozko
Dec 21, 2010

Shrek is love
Shrek is life

Amorphous Blob posted:

My friend described the guy on the left as a "cracked out looking Michael Cera". She's totally right.

Back on topic, I don't think I laughed as hard in a while as I did when Muscleman and Starla kissed and made up. Watched it again and I was still on the floor.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
So many horrible things from that episode that should be gifs.

Life is Eat and Die
Apr 15, 2001

Amorphous Blob posted:

Nope, Ben Jones does Problem Solverz. The frog dude is from a comic by Matt Furie called Boys Club.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Tartarus Sauce posted:

Problem Solverz probably wasn't the most terrible thing I've ever seen, but I definitely lost interest and left to wash dishes after about 5 minutes or so.

It's certainly one of the uglier shows I've seen in a long, long time--aggressively and fascinatingly so, like it's actually trying to be a parody of an Adult Swim show.

The writing was amazingly boring and bland, though. For such... interesting(?) visuals, the rest of it is so conventional and boring.

I'm interested in seeing how Gumball is going to work out, though, since it has an eclectic style but in a good way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95vgnQG7a2Y

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
God, just got around to watching the episode now. Nothing kills me as much as Rigby's final line "This was the most disturbing day of my life." The way he deadpans it makes me crack up.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Elmo Oxygen posted:

The show should have the same kind of warning that you see in video games.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

Neeksy posted:

The writing was amazingly boring and bland, though. For such... interesting(?) visuals, the rest of it is so conventional and boring.

I'm interested in seeing how Gumball is going to work out, though, since it has an eclectic style but in a good way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95vgnQG7a2Y

quote:

The Amazing World of Gumball is coming to Cartoon Network April 2nd, 2011!
Did I miss it?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Mutation posted:

Oh jesus, now I got that.

I was about to make a comment of 'Who buys only one banana even if they're single' but now :aaa:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Good morning, fellow freedom likers!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hey dudes, request from MY GIRLFRIEND MOM

.gif of Rigby running on all fours or tossing around in his little trampoline bed :3:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

These commercial breaks really throw off the flow of the episode. Just when the weird poo poo is going down, BAM! five minutes of commercials. Also, I swear there was only like 3 minutes of episode after they got back from commercial.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Are they seriously showing commercials during 11-minute shows? I've only been watching this on iTunes, so I don't know, but that sound pantently ridiculous.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

SpacePig posted:

Are they seriously showing commercials during 11-minute shows? I've only been watching this on iTunes, so I don't know, but that sound pantently ridiculous.

Yeah, and it's very clear that they weren't designed with that in mind as the cuts are weirdly timed. They did the same to Adventure Time when Regular Show began. I'm guessing (hoping) it only lasts for another two or three weeks, once they have established that Problem Solverz comes on following Regular Show.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah, and it's very clear that they weren't designed with that in mind as the cuts are weirdly timed. They did the same to Adventure Time when Regular Show began. I'm guessing (hoping) it only lasts for another two or three weeks, once they have established that Problem Solverz comes on following Regular Show.

That's crazy. There are ads before the show. There are ads over the credits. There are banner ads that come up and obscure the show. How many more ads do you need? :psyduck:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

SpacePig posted:

That's crazy. There are ads before the show. There are ads over the credits. There are banner ads that come up and obscure the show. How many more ads do you need? :psyduck:

Actual ads from sponsors pay the bills. If they are in between shows no one will watch them. Giving PS an instant lead in is only 50% of the gains there. I just hate it because for two weeks my DVR has chopped off the ending of the show now. :(

Wheeze
Jul 31, 2007

ToastyPotato posted:

Actual ads from sponsors pay the bills. If they are in between shows no one will watch them. Giving PS an instant lead in is only 50% of the gains there. I just hate it because for two weeks my DVR has chopped off the ending of the show now. :(

Speaking of which, what was Rigby saying at the end there?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

Or Problem Solverz gets dumped. Goddamn is that show an eyesore. Robotomy or whatever that show was tons better. It was like a kid-friendly version of Superjail.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SpacePig posted:

Its not supposed to be for ads but more of a way to get people who watch Regular Show to watch Problem Solverz. Since as it is right now Problem Solverz starts right away after Regular Show ends.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

ToastyPotato posted:

I just hate it because for two weeks my DVR has chopped off the ending of the show now. :(
I just did my Rigby impression by whining about this for the past 5 minutes.

Also, I like this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Young Freud posted:

Or Problem Solverz gets dumped. Goddamn is that show an eyesore. Robotomy or whatever that show was tons better. It was like a kid-friendly version of Superjail.

Problem Solverz could be the funniest thing since Monty Python and I still wouldn't watch it. The whole design is an offense to the eyes. It makes Aqua Teen Hunger Force look like a Miyazaki film.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Macrame_God posted:

Problem Solverz could be the funniest thing since Monty Python and I still wouldn't watch it. The whole design is an offense to the eyes. It makes Aqua Teen Hunger Force look like a Miyazaki film.

It's not just the eyes but the ears. You have one character screaming until his voice is hoarse, and another whose high-pitched whine makes my ears bleed.

• Locked thread