Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

A Real Referee posted:

1) Reverse your decision. Disallow the goal and take play back to the original throw. It won't be a popular call, but you have to be clear on this. Lots of competitions use a multi-ball system now, but those balls will all have been checked by you before being distributed to the ball boys. This ball came out of the kit man's own bag, so was not checked. Inform the kit man that he will be reported to the league.

2) Yes. Stop play and show the substitute a yellow card for unsporting behaviour: it wasn't deliberate, but he was too close to the pitch and interfered with play. Restart with an indirect free-kick from where the ball hit his heel. A few years ago you would have treated the sub's heel as an outside agent and played on, but the situation has since been clarified in the laws.

3) The defender's handball was deliberate, but the striker's was not – and his hand was in a natural position, down by his side. So play advantage and award the goal. You should then caution the defender for unsporting behaviour (don't send him off, because he did not deny a goal). The other approach you could take – awarding a penalty and a red card – is not so fair on the attacking side, as they could still miss the penalty. Play advantage whenever you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
3 may be correct in terms of the rules, but I doubt a ref would give a goal in that situation.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Mickolution posted:

3 may be correct in terms of the rules, but I doubt a ref would give a goal in that situation.

I think most would tbh.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
I still think you could/should caution that thrower for USB if he knew about it.

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Dollas posted:

I still think you could/should caution that thrower for USB if he knew about it.

Footballers are incredibly thick at the best of times. Their coach or manager could hand some of them a Danger Mouse hissing bomb painted like a football and they'd still throw it in.

Barbershop
Aug 14, 2008

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes just recycling old ones with new wording. The third was is also incredibly simple.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Barbershop posted:

I'm pretty sure that it's:

1) Counts as a miss. The ball was moved by the taker, and thus the kick was taken. Look at the henry and pires fuckup a few years ago. The penalty was taken as soon as pires brushed it forward, buthe then panicked and had a second touch before Henry could run in.

2) The ball has to leave the area. It was mistaken the same as if it was moving, so the keeper has to re-take it.

3) Penalty, as the line counts as the area. Potentially DOGSO depending on circumstances we can't see, but a yellow card otherwise.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
1. I would say it's not taken because of the injury. Allow them to go on to the next taker and allow the opposing team to select an outfield player who won't take a penalty in the shootout should it get to his turn.

2. As Masonity said, ball has to leave the area to be in play. Retake.

3. Penalty, although I've seen freekicks given from the line before.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1. A penalty is not in play until it has been kicked and moved forward. You can't kick with your knee. Replace him and retake.

2. Retake, ball must leave penalty area.

3. Penalty, any part of the line is the penalty area.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
Oh noes!

Bio-Hazard fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 23, 2011

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

2) Yellow card for time-wasting.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

1) Goal, book the swan for diving
2) Goal, book the ball for diving
3) Goal, book a flight to the Bermudas

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

1: Didn't kick it. Replace him and retake.
2: Huh. Depends if the ball was going to make it out of the box. Either a red card for the keeper (deliberate handball + obstruction of goalscoring opportunity), or if the ball wasn't going to leave the box then retake the goal-kick.
3: Red for deliberate handball + obstruction of goalscoring opportunity, award a penalty as well.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Thel posted:

1: Didn't kick it. Replace him and retake.
2: Huh. Depends if the ball was going to make it out of the box. Either a red card for the keeper (deliberate handball + obstruction of goalscoring opportunity), or if the ball wasn't going to leave the box then retake the goal-kick.
3: Red for deliberate handball + obstruction of goalscoring opportunity, award a penalty as well.

You might want to check what a goal scoring opportunity is defined as.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

Bhyo posted:

You might want to check what a goal scoring opportunity is defined as.

Given that the striker took a shot, one might think that this counts.

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.

Sonic H posted:

Given that the striker took a shot, one might think that this counts.
Really depends on who was behind the ball. If the keeper is in position, without more facts, you can't assume it's an "obvious" goal scoring opportunity.

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time

s0meb0dy0 posted:

Really depends on who was behind the ball. If the keeper is in position, without more facts, you can't assume it's an "obvious" goal scoring opportunity.

Perhaps, but I'd like to think that strikers don't usually just shoot without any form of "opportunity"..

Although that's never stopped some of them.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Also there could be more defenders behind him.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I was referring more to him deciding the 2nd example is an obvious goal scoring opportunity tbh.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
It's monday or something.

1) Your first priority is to get the medical staff on to look after the player. Then award a retake: the ball must be kicked for the effort to count, and clearly this wasn't a kick. The new penalty can be taken by another eligible nominated player. Only the goalkeeper can be substituted in a shoot-out, so the player's team is effectively down to 10 men for the rest of the process.

2) Your instinct might be that the keeper has denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity – but the ball would not have been in play until it left the penalty area. As this incident has happened inside the area, you should simply order the goal-kick to be retaken.

3) It's a penalty. Part of the ball is overlapping the penalty area line, so it's considered to be within the area. You also need to deal with defender's deliberate action. If he has denied an obvious goalscoring opportunity it's a red card, otherwise it's a yellow for unsporting behavior.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I am deeply disappointed in all of you

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.
1: I am a hundred percent certain this exact question has appeared in YATR before. In any case, It's a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.

2: Award the goal, mention the incident in your match report.

3: No? Why on earth would he be?

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Nyarlothotep posted:

No idea if there a rule or not, but would you really expect FIFA not have thought about anything that could potentially harm a source of income?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Alan BStard posted:

No idea if there a rule or not, but would you really expect FIFA not have thought about anything that could potentially harm a source of income?

How could drawing attention to a sponsor harm income?

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

pik_d posted:

How could drawing attention to a sponsor harm income?

I have no idea but who knows the inner workings of FIFA.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

The only action I could see FIFA taking is deciding it's a great idea and making it mandatory after scoring a goal in any match with TV cameras present.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
I think the point of the third question is to shut up some smart rear end talking about the display of slogans being illegal during celebrations. In my opinion, the spirit of that law is to stop the display of slogans that would incite. The advertising boards have in theory been approved already as non-inciting so what would be the issue.

Perhaps if he instead insulted the competitors of his sponsors you'd have something, but still. Play the loving game.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nyarlothotep posted:

1: I am a hundred percent certain this exact question has appeared in YATR before. In any case, It's a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.

2: Award the goal, mention the incident in your match report.

None of these seem remotely tricky.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think they've ran out of ideas. They seem to recycle at least 1 a week now.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
They're getting a bit boring but here's the new one:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

1. Goal
2. Tackle's fine, let it go
3. It's a backpass, so yes you do intervene

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1) You stop immediately a keeper is injured and restart with a drop ball.
2) I'd say it's not dangerous so I'll let it go.
3) And yes, it's still a fricking backpass he caught.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
1. Goal. This one is down to the attacking player to kick the ball out if he is wants to be sporting.

2. IDFK to whites. The player is not wearing proper equipment and this is why it is dangerous, as opposed to the challenge itself. He also needs to be sent to the sidelines to correct this and can only come back on when checked in a break in play.

3. IDFK to the attacking team. It was ultimately played directly to the goalkeeper.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
1) goal
2) red
3) penalty

Cheers

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

thompson posted:

1) goal
2) red
3) penalty

Cheers

It will never be a penalty ever, that's not the sanction for a backpass.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

Dudley posted:

It will never be a penalty ever, that's not the sanction for a backpass.

I'm a crazy American ref. Nuff said.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Hey I have a question about the game of soccer and the Trin thread is gone I think so I'll ask here: what happens when a goalie gets sent off during a penalty shoot-out?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jyrka posted:

Hey I have a question about the game of soccer and the Trin thread is gone I think so I'll ask here: what happens when a goalie gets sent off during a penalty shoot-out?

Pretty sure you're allowed to sub on another keeper for an outfield player if you have a sub left, but since it's a shootout you've probably used your 3 in the preceding game so an outfield player would have to go in goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

jyrka posted:

An outfield player takes over, I guess. What would you have to do to get sent off during a shootout though? Act grossly unprofessionally in some way?

• Locked thread