Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

TShields posted:

We got some new Dr. Scholl's inserts made for standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time and they have made a world of difference for me! May be worth looking into. I think they're fairly new, we didn't have a spot for them when they showed up last month.

Interesting...Some of my shoes have insoles and it helps, but yeah, like miscellaneous14 said, only slightly more bearable.

Do I really walk the equivalent of 30-50 miles? Hot drat.

silversiren posted:

I recently bought a pair of these and I love them. They take about a week to get used to and during that week, you'll be hurting, but after that, it's like walking on clouds. So comfortable.

Are those like those new uh...workout shoes? I heard they were really good for standing on your feet all day.

I figured when I started working full time I'd buy a pair of Danskos or something :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Blogs Man
Apr 16, 2007

how are you gentlemen i am a god amongst goons
There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I haven't had a proper job for several years (graduated 2008), I wasn't even getting that many interviews so I decided to do something about it and go to TAFE (community college equivalent I guess?) to do Cert IV in Accounting. Not 3 weeks into this course someone in my tax class offered me a job in her company as a financial analyst, and I have been there over a month now. $40k a year, while not really that great by Aus standards, but with a 6monthly review, actual career prospects and dignity. It is glorious. I work with actual humans, doing challenging, mostly interesting tasks. I know how much I'll earn each fortnight, I know I'll get a payrise probably at least once a year, and since the company is expanding I may even get the chance to move interstate when it goes there.

I do still work at my supermarket job on the weekends though, can't really pass up some more of those $22/hrs while I'm trying to save a heap of money.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any good shoe insole options for people with big feet? I wear a size 16 and those Scholl things only go up to 12 apparently :(

Megera
Sep 9, 2008
I just wanna say for work shoes that Shape Ups are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, and only $50 at Costco. If your legs or feet start to get tired, you can rock back and forth in them. :3:

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Shnooks posted:

I certainly loving do. :gonk:

In any case, I now have an interview for a smaller, but still better-paying than my current job, position at the place I've been trying to work for. This time, it's actually looking pretty guaranteed. I'm drat glad because there's no goddamn way I'm ever working next weekend at this theater, or any weekend again.

gently caress you, Studio Movie Grill.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Dog Blogs Man posted:

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I haven't had a proper job for several years (graduated 2008), I wasn't even getting that many interviews so I decided to do something about it and go to TAFE (community college equivalent I guess?) to do Cert IV in Accounting. Not 3 weeks into this course someone in my tax class offered me a job in her company as a financial analyst, and I have been there over a month now. $40k a year, while not really that great by Aus standards, but with a 6monthly review, actual career prospects and dignity. It is glorious. I work with actual humans, doing challenging, mostly interesting tasks. I know how much I'll earn each fortnight, I know I'll get a payrise probably at least once a year, and since the company is expanding I may even get the chance to move interstate when it goes there.

I do still work at my supermarket job on the weekends though, can't really pass up some more of those $22/hrs while I'm trying to save a heap of money.

A tip from someone who has worked in Finance sector organisations: You will NEVER get bumped up to a decent wage working for the company you start at the bottom rung at. Get one or two years of experience, and then jump ship to another company to get a $10-20,000 increase in salary.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Well I think I may get fired from company B, as I accepted a trip from company A, which I just noticed fell on a week company B had me working. So I called company B and left a message, and the guy who called me back was very.. hostile.

I mean its like another 3 weeks before said trip happens, so I would think that was enough time to find a replacement. But he said that they had me on this other store for a few weeks, that the week in question is the busiest week of the year. Then he said something about my pockets (if its cash in my pockets, I make significantly more with company A. Like $2/hr more, plus an extra $7/day for food.), said he was getting a request for.. something then hung up on me.

I'm still on the store before that week, but still just the hostility from this guy leaves me worried... And besides I haven't heard anything from company B for the past 2 weeks, and my next store is in another week or two.

Reason I have 2 jobs is cause of inactivity, and generally I'll go with who asks for me first, I just didn't realize company B had me on a store. Company A was just fine when I told them I couldn't work cause company B had me doing something, why can't it go both ways :(

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.
loving gently caress.. if I don't quit, I'm going to get fired.. Just accepted a payment type that we may not accept because I was told by 2 different managers at other stores that we did. Then, after it was all over with, I got the call that we do not, in fact, accept it. It's for the stupid WIC program, I guess they do in other states but not here. Wonder what new hell awaits me now..

TShields fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 27, 2011

FlugelNull
Oct 30, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TShields posted:

loving gently caress.. if I don't quit, I'm going to get fired.. Just accepted a payment type that we may not accept because I was told by 2 different managers at other stores that we did. Then, after it was all over with, I got the call that we do not, in fact, accept it. It's for the stupid WIC program, I guess they do in other states but not here. Wonder what new hell awaits me now..

Is American retail culture that bad? If that happened at my workplace I would just tell them what happened and they would be ok with it.

Hell, my manager tried to reprimand me twice. The first wasn't my fault and the second was such a bullshit call that I refused to sign the papers until I talked with the DM and HR. We all had a big chat and resolved the issue (It was miscommunication on proper identifications; I was told different things by different people. The DM and manager contradicted each other inadvertently so they talked it out.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

I will more than likely be held personally responsible and will probably lose my job if this means a loss of funds. To them, it would be akin to me stealing the product since they aren't getting paid for it.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.

Leal posted:

Well I think I may get fired from company B, as I accepted a trip from company A, which I just noticed fell on a week company B had me working. So I called company B and left a message, and the guy who called me back was very.. hostile.
Sounds like to me you are not that easily replaceable. I'd be angry too if someone in my department said to me "Oh hey, I'm not going to work next week because my other job has me booked." Crappy retail or not, we're already understaffed and are overworked. Losing a person randomly every so often would be a bitch, especially if it was during a busy holiday week. Yes, I have actually been in the position where someone took precedent with another company he's with. He told us that the timing of the schedules would not conflict with each other, but in the end it did. His shifts did not overlap, but he didn't have the stamina to do two jobs and take care of his newly born kid, so he called out sick twice a week at least throughout the busy winter holidays.

Due to my bosses sympathy and lust for saving hours when he called out sick he was never fired. Thankfully I ended up being swapped with an assistant from another store for a different reason, so I didn't have to deal with having to cover his rear end whenever he called out.

I realize you said you gave a 3 weeks heads up, but sounds like to me your boss is pissed because you're putting his company on the back burner whenever is convenient for you. Do you know often this is going to happen? Does he know? Maybe he's already understaffed because other people want to take a legitimate week off (paid vacation), and you're creating further problems for him.

ijii fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 27, 2011

copy of a
Mar 13, 2010

by zen death robot

Shnooks posted:

Interesting...Some of my shoes have insoles and it helps, but yeah, like miscellaneous14 said, only slightly more bearable.

Are those like those new uh...workout shoes? I heard they were really good for standing on your feet all day.

I figured when I started working full time I'd buy a pair of Danskos or something :(

They're "workout" shoes but I found them in the work and safety section of Payless shoes. They are good for standing but they're good for walking around as well because it firms and tightens your rear end.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

TShields posted:

I will more than likely be held personally responsible and will probably lose my job if this means a loss of funds. To them, it would be akin to me stealing the product since they aren't getting paid for it.
This is pretty much American retail right there.

First, TShields' manager will pull him into the office to "have a talk." Then he'll be berated for accepting a probably-perfectly-valid payment type. Next, he might be offered the chance to have that amount deducted from his pay (which is illegal without his permission, and questionably legal with his permission). Regardless of whether that is offered or whether he accepts the "generous" offer of buying that person's purchase for them out of his own money, it'll be written up. Policy and/or the manager's mood that day will dictate what sort of punishment follows.

So if he refuses to pay for the company's lack of training, he's punished. If he accepts the "generous" offer to pay for their oversight in instructing him, he's out $x.xx and still gets the same punishment.

Not to depress you further, TShields (as I know firsthand that it can be crippling), but I think that pretty much summarizes the average American retail employee's work experience.

hawk989s
Feb 13, 2003

• 244 Points
  • 226 Minutes
  • 6 Overtimes
  • 2 Days
  • One for the ages
TShields - where do you live?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So my friend (not the one who works for free) the delivery driver just called me in tears. At the start of April she was on the clock, driving in a company vehicle, and was hit by another car. Not her fault. The company, however, is debating whether or not the accident was preventable. If they decide it wasn't, she is docked several points on her license and loses her job.

Preventable. A truck came out of a metered parking zone and hit her broadside. Somehow that is preventable. Maybe if she had called in sick that day?

I told her to take it up with HR. She is so drat furious right now.

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

hawk989s posted:

TShields - where do you live?

Central NC... why?

Edit: You know what? I don't even care about the payment thing. It's on a "check"-type form, the computer accepted it, and I'm going to take it to the bank tomorrow with the deposit like nothing ever happened. Let someone with a higher pay grade than me sort it all out.

TShields fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 27, 2011

hawk989s
Feb 13, 2003

• 244 Points
  • 226 Minutes
  • 6 Overtimes
  • 2 Days
  • One for the ages

TShields posted:

Central NC... why?

Edit: You know what? I don't even care about the payment thing. It's on a "check"-type form, the computer accepted it, and I'm going to take it to the bank tomorrow with the deposit like nothing ever happened. Let someone with a higher pay grade than me sort it all out.

I'm looking for a part timer in my store in South Jersey - bit of a hike.

moechae
Apr 11, 2007

lolwhat
Welp, after getting to about 4 months of unemployment post college graduation, I bit the bullet and did the rounds at the local mall. I've got an interview set up on Mon. at Bath & Body Works, submitted an application to Best Buy and Barns & Noble, and have three more apps to submit to Gamestop, Crate & Barrel, and Pottery Barn. I'm trying to stay as far away from clothing stores as possible, they scare me.

I've got about 5 years total under my belt of retail, and I was kinda hoping not to go back, but oh well. At least it's money! I actually don't care too much about the lovely customers, it's lovely management that gets to me. I got lucky working most of my time at a Blockbuster with an AMAZING boss. Strict, fair, no buddy-buddy with the employees, very professional and respectful of everyone. Most importantly, didn't take any poo poo from customers. I transferred to another store and quit a month after, the new boss was such a douche. So here's hoping I get another good management team! lovely customers exist in every job, but good management can happen on occasion.

Of course, this is only temporary, while I study and get my CCNA cert and Microsoft certs and move into IT. So I'm hoping for Best Buy out of all the retail places, since it seems that I can move over to Geek Squad and get some experience in IT work before moving into non-retail. And then I just need to build up some revenue to start up my own yarn company. :toot:

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Everyone I know keeps telling me I should apply for geek squad, at Best Buy. Anyone have any experience or stories about working for or even using geek squad?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Dodgeball posted:

Everyone I know keeps telling me I should apply for geek squad, at Best Buy. Anyone have any experience or stories about working for or even using geek squad?

You will have to deal with people who know jack poo poo about computers. Which in itself is not too bad, but you will also have to deal with people who don't know jack poo poo but think they do. Those are the worst.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Dodgeball posted:

You will be paid a rather laughable wage for skilled labor, and the job is vastly more retail than technical. Most Geek Squad members are discouraged from actually fixing anything, you are instead expected to hook every computer that comes in up to a remote repair service so that the stores numbers for utilization of said service look good. Expect to be pressured a lot to sell credit cards.

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

Kaninrail posted:

You will be paid a rather laughable wage for skilled labor, and the job is vastly more retail than technical. Most Geek Squad members are discouraged from actually fixing anything, you are instead expected to hook every computer that comes in up to a remote repair service so that the stores numbers for utilization of said service look good. Expect to be pressured a lot to sell credit cards.

Be prepared to see some of the filthiest computers your eyes have ever been laid upon. I don't mean in terms of viruses or malware, I mean in terms of dust, food matter, pet fur, and cigarette tar. Working in Geek Squad is the only time in my IT career I have ever been unable to breathe.

Your co-workers will make or break you. My time with the Blue Beast was only tolerable because I had an awesome crew of regular guys to work with, and when they started quitting, I quit too.

You'll be asked to push services that are essentially Information Superhighway Robbery. Connect a hard drive to an external enclosure and copy some files? Probably a couple hundred bucks. A totally automated virus scan that requires 5 minutes of effort? 40-50 bucks. I tried to avoid checking-in units as much as I could, because I felt genuinely bad for charging those kinds of prices. I imagine it's only gotten worse in the 5 years or so since I left.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Honestly, 40-50 bucks for a malware sweep is a fair price IMHO. Especially from a retail-type place. Otherwise it sounds expectedly terrible.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Jedi425 posted:

Be prepared to see some of the filthiest computers your eyes have ever been laid upon. I don't mean in terms of viruses or malware, I mean in terms of dust, food matter, pet fur, and cigarette tar. Working in Geek Squad is the only time in my IT career I have ever been unable to breathe.

This is also true. People who use Geek Squad for tech support tend to be goddamn savages who, as far as I was able to tell, make a paste out of leftover cigarettes and dead cats to inject into their fans.

Jedi425 posted:

Your co-workers will make or break you. My time with the Blue Beast was only tolerable because I had an awesome crew of regular guys to work with, and when they started quitting, I quit too.

Agreed. I had a great supervisor and coworkers, but 2/3 of the upper management were idiots and/or unbearable.

Jedi425 posted:

You'll be asked to push services that are essentially Information Superhighway Robbery. Connect a hard drive to an external enclosure and copy some files? Probably a couple hundred bucks. A totally automated virus scan that requires 5 minutes of effort? 40-50 bucks. I tried to avoid checking-in units as much as I could, because I felt genuinely bad for charging those kinds of prices. I imagine it's only gotten worse in the 5 years or so since I left.

Their backup and repair rates are somewhere between Extortion and Felony Assault. Yet people pay it... :smith:

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

I just had a very positive phone call with a good friend of mine who works for a locally owned tech company that needs low end tech support with not many tech degrees. The guys they have now are all cocky jerks, so my customer service skills will go a long way. He's been trying to get me an interview for a while, and now that they're ready to clean house, they need to be ready to fill those openings. May get a call in a week or two!

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

moechae posted:

Bath & body works.

Decent job when I worked there, but you will probably never be full time and, especially if you're seasonal, you'll get more than a couple three hour weeks

moechae
Apr 11, 2007

lolwhat

2508084 posted:

Decent job when I worked there, but you will probably never be full time and, especially if you're seasonal, you'll get more than a couple three hour weeks

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured when I applied there. Both those guys and Gamestop looked like their hours would probably be pretty low, particularly since the stores are so small, you only need 3-5 people to staff them at a time. That's sort of why I want to work at Best Buy even though I know they're pretty much the devil, I'd get more hours. Man I miss the Blockbuster I worked for. I could've stayed there and been very happy working retail. loving sucks they went bankrupt and closed my store. (Long after I had left, though.) The only bad thing about it was getting of at like 12:15 AM.

It's kinda funny though, EVERY SINGLE ONE of my friends that went to college but didn't get an engineering/technical degree or didn't go to a trade school is now working retail. We represent the ranks of Petsmart, Whole Foods, Target, Sears, ski slope operators, delivery people, etc. It's really quite ridiculous that almost NONE of my friends have found jobs outside of retail.

Btw, does anyone else work or have any friends who work at Whole Foods? My friend started working there, and I swear they gave him crazy kool aid or something because half the time all he talks about now is HOW AWESOME Whole Foods is as a corporation, how the CEO only gave himself a dollar raise last year, how everyone has to eat organic, how meat is bad for you, and OMG KALE KALE KALE SWISS CHARD KALE. THis is all coming from a guy that was not remotely interested in health food before. It's a little creepy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ijii posted:

sounds like to me your boss is pissed because you're putting his company on the back burner whenever is convenient for you.

Whoa hey now, I don't go to the other job if its convenient, cause that would definitely get me fired. I go off who calls me first just so they don't think I'm favoring one. So far each time company B has called me in, they literally called my phone to tell me, so I assumed if I was on the schedule they would of called me like they've been doing so far. I wasn't gonna call company A and say "Oh it turns out I was on something with company B, sorry you gotta take me back off"

Yes, that company knows I'm with a second company. On the phone interview the guy asked "You do realize this job doesn't have work all the time and there may be times when you don't work for weeks at a time" and I responded with "Ya, I understand. I have another job just like this that has a lot of downtime, thats why I applied here."

If that doesn't scream "I have a second company that also has me on call", I fear for the company's future cause there are more complicated things then that in the world.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Something I will definitely not miss: coworkers thinking that all my business outside of work will just magically disappear if they try to guilt-trip me hard enough to take their shift.

Plan your loving schedule ahead of time instead of waiting until the last minute!

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana

TShields posted:

WIC

Lots of CVS's on the list of approved WIC sites
WIC NC retailers list

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Well hell, looks like that was all for naught, since company A canceled the trip, then offered to have me go to Kansas for 3 weeks (which is a shock, I signed up for traveling and so far I've only left California once), which I declined cause I have something with company B in that time frame.

I can't believe I turned down a trip that would of netted me over a grand compared to the next 3 weeks hoping that company B will fill in the gaps, since the only store in that time frame is 3 days.

And I'll feel like such an rear end in a top hat calling them back and either A: Asking to be put back on the store I just told them to take me off, or B: Ask them to take me off *another* store.

Gonna have to drop one, now I need to decide if I want to go with the one that I'm told has more secure hours, or the one that pays me a fuckload more money when I do actually work.

Admiral Lasers
Dec 10, 2000

In closing the store last night, I set out to personally tell any stragglers that'd missed the 5-minute warning over the intercom that we were closing. One guy sighs and only puts his item back on the shelf after it become apparent that I'm waiting on him to start moving toward the registers before I move on.

As we round a corner, he turns to me, and says, "just so you know, I came in here intending to spend CASH tonight."

cash would've been great a half-hour ago, guy.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Admiral Lasers posted:

As we round a corner, he turns to me, and says, "just so you know, I came in here intending to spend CASH tonight."

I really want to know what got the idea into people's heads that transactions fund cashiers directly, or that employees actually give a poo poo about how much money the company makes.

Sonic Dude
May 6, 2009

miscellaneous14 posted:

I really want to know what got the idea into people's heads that transactions fund cashiers directly, or that employees actually give a poo poo about how much money the company makes.
Not directly related to the retail side of my job, but we have someone who keeps calling in to demand that we give him an extension on his long-past-due bill because he paid us in cash one time back in 2007 or the dark ages or some nonsense.

Because I give two shits whether I have to deposit a check or cash into the bank when I go.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Hm. Surely there is an issue if an employee is cited for something but said employee never received information about the citing rules? My delivery driver friend will get points docked on her license for being in two accidents, though neither were her fault (one was preventable, the other someone hit her). Her boss and their bosses can't find the handbook that says how many points or if she gets to keep her job, and no one ever mentioned this poo poo in orientation.

Something for HR to deal with?

T0MSERV0
Jul 24, 2007

You shouldn't expect to defeat him, he is designed to be a war machine.
This post is mostly directed at TShields, and I'm catching up from the last ~5 pages, so forgive all the quotes:

Dodgeball posted:

This flag got exactly 0 love and deserves more than that (Kudo's to Dodgeball). We're pulling for you TS, even if you do get a little whiny.

Breetai posted:

A tip from someone who has worked in Finance sector organisations: You will NEVER get bumped up to a decent wage working for the company you start at the bottom rung at. Get one or two years of experience, and then jump ship to another company to get a $10-20,000 increase in salary.

This is true in most all jobs, not just retail: you're expected to move up 1-2 levels from wherever you hired in at, and anyone who moves further is an exception to the rule. You'll need to lateral to a different position to advance further, assuming that's what you want to do.

As for getting a new position, even if you do want ANYTHING ELSE JESUS GOD! you need to tailor your resume to the position, emphasizing your strengths. I'm not sure how you come across in interviews, and I grant that this is a thread to bitch, but you don't come across as an assertive person. If you don't believe that you're the right person for the job and God drat Indispensable, why do you think anyone interviewing you will think so? You need to be your own best cheerleader, and lean forward on your qualifications for any position you apply to.

That said, anyone who is trying to talk you out of applying to everything is right to a point, but wrong thereafter: If you're sending out a generic resume, they're right, you're wasting your time. If, however, you're taking the time to spin it appropriately to the job (which, let's be honest, only needs to be done 10-15 times before you've got drat near all your bases covered anyway), keep at it. Especially at big companies, resumes get filed an passed around, and if you do a good job eventually you'll get a call back. Following up and doing in-person canvasing is always a good idea, but it's never a bad idea to get your e-foot in the door via an online app. Even at the Fortune 500 companies, outside of career fairs, all the entry-level positions are online now, so you might as well get used to navigating the field.

Good luck with everything in any event. Keep at it, and if you take people's advice, I'm sure that if nothing else you'll eventually get lucky.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

T0MSERV0 posted:

This flag got exactly 0 love and deserves more than that (Kudo's to Dodgeball).

MST3k, Never Servorget.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

Coffee Wolf posted:

Lots of CVS's on the list of approved WIC sites
WIC NC retailers list

Yeah, ours isn't unfortunately.. Just going to let it ride, nobody has said anything yet!

T0MSERV0 posted:

This post is mostly directed at TShields, and I'm catching up from the last ~5 pages, so forgive all the quotes:

This flag got exactly 0 love and deserves more than that (Kudo's to Dodgeball). We're pulling for you TS, even if you do get a little whiny.

:aaa: I absolutely missed wherever the hell that came from, but I love it! You guys are too much...

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
My district manager called me to 'apologize' today. Someone (read: my former boss) raised a stink to the regional management that I was fired and apparently got the DM into a big pile of trouble. He asked me if I wanted to come back to work for my last couple days and I told him to gently caress off. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apocalypse Please
May 7, 2007

Is you takin' notes on a criminal fuckin' conspiracy?!
What are the canned answers that managers at retail stores like to hear? I'm being interviewed again for a couple supervisor spots and as pre-interview brush-ups they have thrown some questions at me.

"What are you going to tell the people working in your department when they are pissed off that you got the job and not them?"

"How are you going to motivate the people who are good workers but are unmotivated?"

It seems like if anyone had a good answer for those 2 that the problem wouldn't exist anymore, but maybe I'm missing something. I brought up possibly adding incentives to good sales/customer service, and having 1 on 1 talks with people who aren't performing well, but the manager seemed unimpressed with those solutions last time.