Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
That's a pretty loving bad rear end scar he has there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

physeter
Jan 24, 2006

high five, more dead than alive

Smiling Jack posted:

Sorry, but no actual bad-rear end picture exists as photographic technology of the time was unable to capture a picture of him in full-on badass mode without exploding from sheer awesomeness.
There's an entire as-yet unpublished wikipedia article on Tatham-Warter here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ranger_Steve/Sandbox3. I actually researched this guy myself years and years ago after reading A Bridge Too Far, and was stunned to learn he actually existed. That wiki comports with everything I learned about him, though back then it was apparently believed by some sources that he'd died at Arnhem and his turning up in Africa was thought to be some sort of awol. Nice to hear he was officially discharged.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Stapp

The man rode a rocket sled, and was subjected to 46.2 times the force of gravity.... All so we would beat the drat Reds to the moon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4tuvOer_GI

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Dwayne Johnson doesn't take steroids, and never has, according to his biography. I believe it, the dude looked 18 when he was 12, no joke. Pacific Islander blood does that (Islanders reppin', yo).

Not steroids, but early in his WWF career he and many other wrestlers got around steroid testing by using HGH instead. Proof? Rock used to have gynecomastia (most notably before/during his feud with Mankind) and had surgery for it - but because he was self-conscious about the scarring, he wore shirts in all his matches. Until his chest healed, he didn't come out shirtless for quite a while.

DrakeD
Jul 9, 2008

Rats in the hallway again!

Walter Bonatti.
This guy did these things:

- became famous at 21 for being the first man to climb the Grand Capucin
- at the age of 24 was part of an italian expedition to climb the K2; two other climbers feared he'd be the first to arrive on the summit and sabotaged him, forcing him to spend a night sitting on an ice step at the height of 8100 meters, without any kind of protection besides his clothing; with him was a local Sherpa who lost various fingers and toes due to hybernation. Bonatti however didn't.
- received the French Legion d'Honneur for saving the lives of two fellow-climbers in a disaster in the Alps.
- completed the first solo winter ascent of the Matterhorn north face in 1965.
- retired from extreme alpinism at the age of 35. then he started exploring the world.
- went looking two separate times for the Amazon River springs.
- spent 30 days in Sumatra trying to hunt a tiger in the jungle, alone
- walked five days covering about 100 kilometers in the african savanna armed with nothing but a machete
- explored the Nyiragongo, the South Pole, New Guinea, Patagonia, the Australian Desert and a hundred other places during a time span of about 20 years.
- wrote 20 books or so
- is now 80 and could still kick your rear end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walter_Bonatti

and bonus video (italian, but with great images):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FsL6pzZxaQ

Bogatyr
Jul 20, 2009

Rough Lobster posted:

That's a pretty loving bad rear end scar he has there.

I'm betting a Mensur scar there.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Bogatyr posted:

I'm betting a Mensur scar there.
Javelin to the face from Somali warriors, entered one cheek and exited the other.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Mithra6 posted:

This is Richard Burton (not the Elizabeth Taylor variety), a famous explorer and writer. In the 1850s, he was one of the first, but not the first, Europeans to go to pilgrimage to Mecca. He went in disguise and learned Arabic and various customs. He even had himself circumcised to lower his chance of discovery. That's bad-rear end in itself. He was one of the first modern Europeans to extensively explore the interior of Africa. He was the one who brought the Kama Sutra to the West and as far as I know the first Western translation.

Plus, his translation of the Arabian Nights is the ONLY version to read. All 16 volumes of it. You yourself will become bad-rear end by reading it.

Dammit, I was going to post him. Beaten by a day. I didn't know about the circumcision, just about learning Sanskrit, translating poo poo, and taking a spear through the face without stopping.

I bet the medical costs didn't come anywhere near the value he got out of it, so far as free drinks and pickup lines went.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
From the funny pictures thread:

It's probably from a film shoot but it's still bad rear end.

Raimundus
Apr 26, 2008

BARF! I THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE SMELLING DOG BUTTS BUT I GUESS I WAS WRONG!

dinozombiesgoRARR posted:

That would be a pretty awesome B-movie.

El Luchador Contra El Estado

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

I thought they stopped making Samson movies years ago

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

That's it, I'm buying a luchadore mask and cape for my motorcycle.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
One legged DDR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ok1Xc01oJ4

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

fong posted:

Another bad rear end philosopher who were involved in hostilities in Algeria

Frantz Fanon

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Álvar Núñez Cabeza de Vaca

Frederick Douglass
"So long as my voice can be heard on this or the other side of the Atlantic, I will hold up America to the lightning scorn of moral indignation. In doing this, I shall feel myself discharging the duty of a true patriot; for he is a lover of his country who rebukes and does not excuse its sins."

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Boomerjinks posted:

That's who yer gonna call.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

:colbert:

Edit: well, gently caress, that was on the first page. Still, it deserves a repost.

Hopefully new content:

moosepoop has a new favorite as of 07:39 on Apr 25, 2011

Alfred Shitcock
Jul 2, 2007

The fun is over, start digging,dreaming is over, run inside

No, its real it was from the protest that the Electrician Union (S.M.E) made in Mexico when the government shut the union down. I think he's superbarrio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superbarrio_G%F3mez

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Alfred Shitcock posted:

No, its real it was from the protest that the Electrician Union (S.M.E) made in Mexico when the government shut the union down. I think he's superbarrio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superbarrio_G%F3mez

Okay, that makes it ten times more bad rear end.

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

When my friends and I were about 18, we heard Dragonforce for the first time. Being immature, we were completely enthralled and enraptured by the band (specifically the song "Fury of the Storm") and one day we collectively made this picture of what we imagined the band to look like:

I think it's still badass, in a retarded way.

Ninja_Orca
Nov 12, 2010

by hoodrow trillson

Dynastocles posted:

When my friends and I were about 18, we heard Dragonforce for the first time. Being immature, we were completely enthralled and enraptured by the band (specifically the song "Fury of the Storm") and one day we collectively made this picture of what we imagined the band to look like:

To be fair, this is a better Dragonforce than the real Dragonforce.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Funk_Railroad

quote:

By 1971, Grand Funk broke The Beatles' Shea Stadium attendance record by selling out in just 72 hours.

Bad-rear end indeed. :rock:

Also, here's Dennis Hopper from the movie Easy Rider:

Adonis Gunther
Mar 11, 2011

Clash of the titans.

Badass billboard.

Pokemon ftw.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Dynastocles posted:

This is amazing. I'm gonna rock out to Dragonforce while staring at this picture.

Do you have it larger? Like, large enough to make into a poster?

EDIT: OH MY GOD I JUST NOTICED THE GUITARCHUCKS. HOLY gently caress.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

Sunday Punch posted:

:haw:

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
From a Cracked.com article on photos of badass protesters:

Uh guys, I think the water cannon is just pissing him off ...

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
Know what this is?

Maybe this will help; this dude thought up the concept and then implemented it;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouncing_bomb

and then read this;

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?kn=the+dam+busters&sts=t&x=0&y=0

I find the whole story incredibly badass.

moosepoop
Mar 9, 2007

GET SWOLE

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out
Don't mind me, I'm just watering my shark.

Edit: crosspost from the PYV Cosplay thread:

dinozombiesgoRARR has a new favorite as of 16:45 on May 12, 2011

cloudchamber
Aug 6, 2010

You know what the Ukraine is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple, Newman. The Ukraine is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on the Ukraine

ChlamydiaJones posted:

Know what this is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bouncing_bomb

and then read this;

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?kn=the+dam+busters&sts=t&x=0&y=0

I find the whole story incredibly badass.

Shame the majority of people it killed were civilians and French POWs.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

cloudchamber posted:

Shame the majority of people it killed were civilians and French POWs.

The brits stick to what they know, I guess. :(

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Useless Rabbit
Jan 27, 2009

Please let it happen.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

U.T. Raptor posted:

DINO-RIDERS, gently caress YEAH!

CrunchyTaco
Dec 25, 2007

U.T. Raptor posted:

Why does this post make me feel kind of sad?

Like it's just so loving badass and gnarly but the idea that all those dinos valiantly fought aliens and lost is pretty lovely. Oh well, first world problems; a picture of dinosaurs fighting aliens makes me sad while looking at this computer screen.

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

CrunchyTaco posted:

Like it's just so loving badass and gnarly but the idea that all those dinos valiantly fought aliens and lost is pretty lovely. Oh well, first world problems; a picture of dinosaurs fighting aliens makes me sad while looking at this computer screen.

How do you know the dinosaurs weren't the aliens and were in fact victorious?

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

CrunchyTaco posted:

Clearly the picture is from 70mya and the aliens got so thoroughly stomped that we can't even find any fossils of them.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

CrunchyTaco posted:

It's propaganda, all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

• Locked thread