Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:
Violent conduct maybe? Or a second yellow if you were being a dick in any one of many possible ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Botany As Optimism
Aug 2, 2008
For 3) I thought the posts count as neutral, meaning this would "reset" the flight of the ball as if it had come off a match official (which I believe would also not be a backpass). Stand to be proven wrong, but a word of caution, I remember something of this nature coming up before.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Botany As Optimism posted:

For 3) I thought the posts count as neutral, meaning this would "reset" the flight of the ball as if it had come off a match official (which I believe would also not be a backpass). Stand to be proven wrong, but a word of caution, I remember something of this nature coming up before.

Pretty sure an assist is given for a shot which pings off the post and is then turned in by another player, so in this case it is still a backpass.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Ras Het posted:

An outfield player takes over, I guess. What would you have to do to get sent off during a shootout though? Act grossly unprofessionally in some way?

Celebrate a penalty save by taking off your shirt... twice!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Keith Hackett posted:

1) Referees are directed to stop play for any serious injury – the safety of players always comes first. But before making any such decision you need to be 100% certain that the injury is both serious and genuine: it is rarely a snap decision unless a head injury is involved. In this case, the time it takes for you to assess the injury would also be time enough for the ball to bounce into the net. Award the goal and then call the physio on.

2) Stop play. Players cannot take part in active play without boots – he is putting himself in danger, regardless of any chest-high challenges he may choose to make. Ask him to leave the field. He can only return when the ball is next out of play and you have checked his footwear. Restart with an indirect free-kick against the midfielder's side, for the offence of dangerous play.

3) Yes. It may seem harsh in the circumstances, but the keeper has taken possession of the ball after a deliberate pass to him by a team-mate – and that's not allowed. It's an indirect free-kick to the attacking team.

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
3 for 3. Go me. (smug mode)

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Mewcenary posted:

3 for 3. Go me. (smug mode)

Aren't you supposed to get 3 for 3 every week, or is it really that crap down in Surrey/Hants?

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
Surrey is pretty drat good as a CFA for referees. Who is looking after you?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's Friday!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

1. Player gets 2 yellows and is sent off
2. As long as the towel didn't touch the ball, it's fine
3. It seem to me that if you didn't allow it, he'd limp about anyway, not really playing, so I think the referee should show some discretion: Allow the captain to leave the pitch and receive help, but don't abandon the game.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
1. Send him off. In practice it probably wouldn't happen, but he's committed two yellow card offenses so should get two yellow cards.
2. I don't think this is allowed. Not sure what the course of action is, though. Maybe a yellow for unsporting behavior and a corner?
3. No. I would say you can't stay on the pitch sitting down if you're injured. Game abandoned, 3-0 win to the opposition.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Scientastic posted:

3. It seem to me that if you didn't allow it, he'd limp about anyway, not really playing, so I think the referee should show some discretion: Allow the captain to leave the pitch and receive help, but don't abandon the game.

Maybe if the other players were missing through injury, but they got sent off, so gently caress them.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Ref can only order a player off the field for an injury if the physio comes on. So the player could sit there all he likes.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
1. Booking - Booking - Red.
2. The stupid tosspot shouldn't have been doing it. As is, as long as it hits glove its a corner.
3. He should be treated on the sidelines, continue playing with 6 on that side. He should still count as part of the playing side whilst receiving treatment.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
3. Lambast the home side for being a disgrace to football.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1 - Caution him for each incident and send him off for receiving a second caution. I would probably make an extra effort to point out the two situations that led to his/her sending off (a la a persistence explanation)

2- He didn't gain any advantage from the towel in making the save, corner.

3 - He/she doesn't need to be on the field to be counted towards the minimum 7 needed to play. The referee can grant any player permission to leave the field to receive treatment/fix equipment. If he needs to be carted off on a stretcher, you abandon the match. If he got knocked and needs some magic spray, you play on.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
1) Two yellow cards. However, I'd try to let the player know after the first infraction that he's being booked when the game comes to a halt, and wouldn't play advantage on the second one, as a dismissal should always be made as soon as possible. Unless the second one led to a goalscoring opportunity, of course, in which case I'd let it play itself out and blow to stop the game (resuming in a drop ball) as soon as it was clear a goal was not being scored.

2) I'd let it go, award a corner and have a word with the keeper about his towel usage, making it clear he can't bring it on the pitch but has to step to the side of the post in future to dry his gloves. In fact, I'd have told him that as soon as I first spotted him doing it!

3) I'd allow the player off to receive treatment, then allow him straight back on (even if injured) to play out the game. If he wanted to sit, fair enough. I'm pretty sure a referee can't send a player off the field against their will unless it's with a red card, and as such the team still has it's required 7 players. Correct by the rules or not, I think this is the answer best in the spirit of the rules, and thus right.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
For 3, on or off doesn't matter at all. You can't start a match with fewer than 7 players, but it's up to the referees discretion whether or not to abandon a match if one side goes under that during the course of play. As far as the laws are concerned, it's only FIFA's recommendation that the game be abandoned - but it's not a hard and fast rule.

Concerned Citizen fucked around with this message at 17:14 on May 13, 2011

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Bhyo posted:

Ref can only order a player off the field for an injury if the physio comes on. So the player could sit there all he likes.

:colbert: "Do somethin', ref."

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
As for 1, I don't think that's how yellow cards are supposed to work. Just a yellow card as the player hadn't been cautioned yet when he committed either yellow-card offense.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
#3 is a complete joke anyway, if you can't knock in 3 goals vs 7 men then quit football forever.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
It's :smug: day

Keith Hackett's verdict

1) Show him two yellow cards, then a red. It's rare to play advantage after a challenge which is worth a sanction, but there are times when it is the right call to make. And if you've followed your training and communicated the decision well (signalling, shouting "play on" and making it clear to the player that the first foul was a yellow card offence), the guilty party can have no complaints. Stephen Plumer wins the shirt.

2) If you judge that the towel has aided the save, show the keeper a yellow card for unsporting behaviour and restart with an indirect free-kick on the six-yard line. The keeper's unfair action has denied an obvious goal, but it is not a red card because keepers are allowed to handle the ball inside their own penalty area. Thanks to Wendell Mac Gibbon.

3) Your instinct might be that he's trying to circumvent the laws which govern abandonments – and after four red cards you might not feel inclined to do his team any favours. But you have to stick to the laws, and, provided his injury is not so serious that staying on is putting himself in danger, allow him to remain on the pitch – standing if at all possible – and continue the match.Thanks to Stephen Plumer.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Anderson seems way too happy about that guy's injury.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Two questions from Stephen Plumer, they really are fast running out.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
How does an indirect free-kick on the 6 yard line actually work? Is the 10-yard rule for opposition players ignored, or is the free-kick taker just presented with a completely open goal because the keeper can't really be anywhere in the 6 yard box?

hhhmmm
Jan 1, 2006
...?

peanut- posted:

How does an indirect free-kick on the 6 yard line actually work? Is the 10-yard rule for opposition players ignored, or is the free-kick taker just presented with a completely open goal because the keeper can't really be anywhere in the 6 yard box?

The defenders are allowed to stand on the goal-line.

R.S. Gumby
Jul 26, 2007

Utterly useless.

delicious beef
Feb 5, 2006

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:
That's brilliant.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's friday!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

1) It's a penalty. The advantage played from the original foul has been played: It went to another attacker, which ends the advantage play. The goalkeeper bringing down the second attacked is entirely separate.

2) Nope. Probably something about having to wear the official strip.

3) Fire the assistant and play on.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
1) Penalty. If the first offence was DOGSO you should've blown up for it and sent the defender off, but you didn't because you're a moron. The keeper is almost certainly off though.

2) Nope, has to be the same colour.

3) If it's deliberate book the bugger for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Tell your lino to gently caress off back a yard or two.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

If the first offence was DOGSO you should've blown up for it and sent the defender off, but you didn't because you're a moron.

I don't think that's right. You're allowed to play advantage and then send someone off. Just because advantage is played doesn't mean the foul can't be booked.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
1. Penalty. And I'm thinking send both defender and keeper off, as it's two separate fouls.

2. No. You likely haven't checked out his new shirt, and it will probably be too long to do so as well as it makes you look biased. You don't need that poo poo right before a shootout. If he wants to change his shirt so bad, have someone punch him in the face so he bleeds on it.

3. Play on, and yell at your assistant for being an idiot. I don't think it's unsporting.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional

bigfatspacko_uk posted:

1) Penalty. If the first offence was DOGSO you should've blown up for it and sent the defender off, but you didn't because you're a moron.

It's not as cut and dry as that either though!

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

1) Red card, Yellow card & pelatny.
2) Yes. Keepers are a superstitious lot with an extra gene, it's in the rules.
3) Field condition just like you, tough poo poo. Play on.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1) If you play advantage there was no denying of an OGSO, you do not send the first defender off. Send off the GK and give a PK. Depending on the severity of the first foul, you can still book the defender.

2) If they wanted to have a different player on the field be keeper for the shootout, I imagine he'd have to go get all his own equipment and the jersey could be different, so I don't see why the existing keeper wouldn't be allowed to change provided he's not delaying the process too much. Why he wasn't wearing his lucky color in the first place is beyond me.

3) Play on, gently caress the assistant's mam afterward (twice).

Sonic H
Dec 8, 2004

Me love you long time
1) Booking for the original foul, red card the keeper and penalty.

2) Tell him to stop being a nancy. There's nothing wrong with the kit he's wearing, so he's got no real reason to change it.

3) Tell Joe Cole Jamie Carragher to shut the gently caress up. Liverpool won't be near a Champions League match for quite some time.

Sonic H fucked around with this message at 02:02 on May 21, 2011

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
And Keith's answers:

1) Award a penalty and show the keeper a red card for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity (known among officials as "DOGSO"). You should also show the defender a yellow card for unsporting behaviour – it's not a red for him because he was not directly guilty of DOGSO. The game cannot restart without a goalkeeper, so make sure either a sub keeper is brought on, or an outfield player goes in goal.
Thanks to Steven Miller.
2) Yes – there's no reason to stop him changing so long as he's wearing a distinguishing colour. Also check that the shirt has the same sponsor as the rest of his team, and that it conforms to any specific competition rule which might require him to wear the registered kit.
Thanks to Laszlo Sandler.
3) Play on. It's unfortunate, but the ball striking the additional assistant referee is treated the same way as if the ball struck you: all officials are considered part of the field of play. But you need to make clear to your assistant once the ball is out of play that he should be more aware of his positioning.

Have they already handled a situation where a shot was deflected off the referee and went in? Has this ever actually happened?

Sadsack
Mar 5, 2009

Fighting evil with cups of tea and crippling self-doubt.
Hey hey, it's friday...

1) You've called time on play, so tough.

2) Order them to take the penalty. If they still refuse, award a goal kick to the opposition.

3) Tell the manager to sub the player, and note the incident in the match report.

Sadsack fucked around with this message at 08:49 on May 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
1) The ref is totally at liberty to overrule the linesman, which he has done here even if it was accidental. Tough luck

2) Dish out yellow cards/sendings off until someone takes it. Not sure the ref can retract the penalty decision once he's made it.

3) Get the player substituted, report the incident to the FA.

• Locked thread