Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Slide the sliders until it sounds awesome??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wikkee!
Oct 17, 2006

P.S. : Shut up, Dan.

rt4 posted:

Slide the sliders until it sounds awesome??

That's kind of the inverse of my approach, actually.

RetardedRobots
Dec 19, 2010

Have you seen this man?
Melon "Weed" Dude 1936 - 2011
Rest in peace, you shitposting bastard.

Wikkee! posted:

That's kind of the inverse of my approach, actually.
"It sounds awesome until (you) slide the sliders"? That works.

And content...

Fender CD-60. I wanted a cheap acoustic to mess around on. The tuning machines on this thing are rediculous, they just refuse to go out of tune. Sounds like a $200 laminated top, but the neck and fretwork is excellent so it plays like a much nicer guitar than it actually is.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Hm. I'm thinking about making some changes to the telemaster, and I'm wondering if I should start a new thread about 'trying to fix problems with guitars' in general, or if I should keep it in here, because it's going to wind up being 'stuff I buy' anyhow. It's not really 'new to guitars', but maybe it should go there.

Geb
Mar 22, 2007

A Crystal Sword?! I'm all about swords! How did you know?!
So I'm looking at the Big Muff and the Little Big Muff, the regular Big Muff is $10 more expensive, so price isn't really an issue. I've read that some people say there's no difference between the sound of the two, and some people say there is.

I was wondering what goons opinions of the two pedals are.

At the moment I'm leaning more towards the LBM just for the size and portability.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Geb posted:

So I'm looking at the Big Muff and the Little Big Muff, the regular Big Muff is $10 more expensive, so price isn't really an issue. I've read that some people say there's no difference between the sound of the two, and some people say there is.

I was wondering what goons opinions of the two pedals are.

At the moment I'm leaning more towards the LBM just for the size and portability.

EHX says that about a lot of their smaller pedals... That they have the same guts as their bigger, older brothers with a few exceptions. For example the Mini Q-tron had different guts than the full-sized Q-tron, but the MICRO Q-tron supposedly (I asked EHX myself) had the same guts as the Mini Q. But they sounded and reacted very different in my experience.

As for the LBM, I've heard it A/B'd with the regular Big Muff, and it sounded pretty different to my ears. And BETTER too. Something about the LBM just sounds a lot smoother to my ears.

Big Muff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWK0XnX3uZs
LBM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tde3Oib1YxQ

EDIT: Plus, though I'm not certain, I do believe that the LBM uses a simple Boss-style 9v power adapter. Where the Big Muff uses one of the funky EHX plugs...

Scarf fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 10, 2011

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL

Scarf posted:

EDIT: Plus, though I'm not certain, I do believe that the LBM uses a simple Boss-style 9v power adapter. Where the Big Muff uses one of the funky EHX plugs...

This is true. You need something like this to use the NYC Muff with a Boss-style PSU http://www.samash.com/webapp/wcs/st...ers-_-V1SPOTC35

Geb
Mar 22, 2007

A Crystal Sword?! I'm all about swords! How did you know?!
Alright, cool. I went ahead and ordered the LBM, it sounds better in those youtube videos to me and I guess the portability and power supply are a bonus.

Thanks for the help guys!

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The guy in the first video looks like the character Lucky from the popular cartoon King of the Hill and the guy in second video can't keep his mouth closed while he's playing, fyi

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

rt4 posted:

The guy in the first video looks like the character Lucky from the popular cartoon King of the Hill
That's Peter Stroud, guitarist for Sheryl Crow, Don Henley, etc. And also founder of 65amps.

quote:

and the guy in second video can't keep his mouth closed while he's playing, fyi

Dan Miller, guitarist for They Might Be Giants.

fyi :)

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Portable hotness: (Marshall Haze 40)

Just came yesterday. Plugged my beater SG into it and I am happy. It sounds Marshally like Angus and Jimmy Page. Can't wait for rehearsal tomorrow night.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Everything is here now. Since I bothered you all about this I might as well post the results.

A M-Audio Oxygen on top of a Yamaha P95.

Goddamn, its so addicting. For so long I tried doing it a stupid way, and this is so easy and like a cover has been pulled from my eyes.

Hope to be able to produce something that doesn't like planetarium backing music

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I enjoy planetarium backing music. Since you have the P95, don't be afraid to add some fine piano soiunds to an otherwise all electronic track, doesn't need to be a virtuoso deal, often single keys will do a lot for a track at the right place if you consider it like an addition of percussion.

FreeBass 383, same as the MAM MB33 303-clone, for 65€ with a power adapted included I had no chance to resist it, and I was going to buy a Boss VF-1 for playing around on Mumble/Ventrilo/TS3 with :<

Time to drill holes and make mods.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

MrLonghair posted:

A $29 bass synthesizer!

This is amazing. I'm not even going to think twice about getting this for the price. I think it will go extremely well with my x0xb0x and have some kind of similar reference to tune it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

NOG posted:

This is amazing. I'm not even going to think twice about getting this for the price. I think it will go extremely well with my x0xb0x and have some kind of similar reference to tune it. Thanks so much for sharing.

I just spent some time comparing it to the Freebass 383 I picked up and I was happy and surprised to find the BassBoy was nearly dead-on with it more often than I expected. I found it hard not to take a poo poo on the MeeBlip after getting BB. Enjoy it!

e: to clarify on the Meeblip, the demos on its own site sound like complete poo poo at a hardware level to me, like a five minute VST. Youtube for a change starts to get interesting with it.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 13, 2011

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

MrLonghair posted:

I just spent some time comparing it to the Freebass 383 I picked up and I was happy and surprised to find the BassBoy was nearly dead-on with it more often than I expected. I found it hard not to take a poo poo on the MeeBlip after getting BB. Enjoy it!

Thanks I think I will. Not sure yet how I'm going to control it. Either from a computer or more preferably a hardware controller. Can you get 16 midi channels of it playing at the same time? I briefly looked over the documentation but it's unclear to me.

Why didn't you post your YouTube video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZ0bCeRMlk

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

NOG posted:

Thanks I think I will. Not sure yet how I'm going to control it. Either from a computer or more preferably a hardware controller. Can you get 16 midi channels of it playing at the same time? I briefly looked over the documentation but it's unclear to me.

Why didn't you post your YouTube video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZ0bCeRMlk

Only one midi channel at a time, set via on-board jumpers. If I were to put it into a good plastic enclosure I would extend the jumpers into a dip-switch array.

I'm working on a better video, kinda indecisive :v:

Love the zero-resonance basses I can get out of it. Good company for squelching angry basslines.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

MrLonghair posted:

Only one midi channel at a time, set via on-board jumpers. If I were to put it into a good plastic enclosure I would extend the jumpers into a dip-switch array.

But on the video (the sites video) I thought it was showing that two basslines were playing at the same time? So if it can only play one channel, why are there multiple channels?

MrLonghair posted:

Love the zero-resonance basses I can get out of it. Good company for squelching angry basslines.

Exactly how I want to take advantage of it much of the time!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

NOG posted:

But on the video (the sites video) I thought it was showing that two basslines were playing at the same time? So if it can only play one channel, why are there multiple channels?

Ah, he had several units to play with.

If I could do some Ardunio magic or what not I'd have four in a serial line for a four voice poly.

DEUCE SLUICE
Feb 6, 2004

I dreamt I was an old dog, stuck in a honeypot. It was horrifying.
I wonder if I could just wire that thing straight to an Arduino, and put the whole thing in a bass pedal keyboard deal for a poor-mans Taurus.

renderful
Mar 24, 2003

You'll love me, I promise.
I saw that little bass synth on the Shuthi-1 forums, and became interested in it. I definitely would like to check it out for myself, but I've still yet to assemble my Shruthi-1.

On the subject of the MeeBlip, I absolutely love the thing and have found that it has an amazing breadth of sound possibilites, only a portion of which are in the bass frequencies.

On the subject of the Arduino, you can easily get it to transmit MIDI via it's serial interface, so you could definitely control any MIDI device with one. You can do it without any extra hardware, or you can do what I did and use the Sparkfun Arduino MIDI Shield: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9595 I've been working on making the smallest sequencer/arpeggiator that I can possibly make, using only the 3 buttons, 2 pots and 2 leds on the MIDI Shield.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

I've been kind of quietly getting completely and ludicrously into picks lately. Plectrum differences, it turns out, can have a huge impact on the feel and sound of your guitar. I like really thick picks, as established by the several posts talkin' bout V-Picks awhile back. Well, I've kept at that, to the point that I'm really looking forward to hitting Nashville for summer NAMM and hopefully getting to hang out with Vinni. I've got about 14 premium V-picks (5 of 'em 5.85mm thick), not counting a bunch of them that I've sent in the mail to people who were curious after I tried them and didn't find them exactly to my tastes.

In addition to Vinni's acrylic picks, now I've got a Blue Chip that's the largest in existence at 3.8mm or so (got it second hand at a very substantial discount from a friend who turned me onto the wide world of boutique picks), two Dugain water buffalo horn and two Dugain acetate mini-dug plectrums with only a thumb indent (and when monsieur Dugain gets back to me on how to order, some customs coming in thicker sizes and a brass plectrum or two as well), a Pearse Horn pick (not as good as I'd expected... looks pretty, sounds and plays no better than an Ultex or whatever that you can get for under a buck, way worse than the Dugain horn picks in both feel and sound), and four 3mm Surfpick Jazz Stubby picks that were grip-dipped but which I removed the rubber from because I like the feel of the wood.

The wood is pretty cool. Lignum vitae. Not the less expensive variety, either, this is the real stuff, genus Guaiacum. It's about a 4500 on the hardness scale (which is around 700 more than Ebony, and 3000 more than Hickory, to give you an idea). Remarkable wood. Ultra dense, self-lubricating due to heavy saturation with its oily resin, and very fibrous as well which makes it even more wear resistant. It used to be the go-to material for many things, from early chemistry tools to railroad construction to shipbuilding to the official wood used for the English police truncheon, and some pretty impressive industrial applications too (turbines in dams, bearing shafts in ocean-going carriers and subs in WWII, and in the 1906 San Fransisco earthquake they used a poo poo ton of it as insulator for the carrier wires, where it lasted for over a hundred years in some spots and was taken down as part of an effort to move that stuff underground). Unfortunately, it grows slowly (as long as 100 years required to form the aforementioned dense, fibrous heartwood core that's highly saturated with its oily resin). As such, though the creation of synthetics with similarly desirable properties has resulted in much lower demand for it for non-exotic applications like making guitar picks, there's not a whole lot of it left. That's sad :(

So, right - where was I - there I was going down the Surfpicks path with a set kindly shared with me by a jazz guitarist friend, I figured they were really special as soon as I used them. Tonally cool and not prone to getting hosed up like you'd expect a wood pick to be, really precise string control, yadda yadda - I mean, okay, it's a pick, some people are really into picks (Vernon Reid is one of my guitar idols and he has more picks than some Guitar Centers, John McLaughlin is big into fancy picks, etc., etc., but plenty of people are perfectly happy with cheap ones and there's nothing wrong with that, not here to argue merit). I like my picks thicker, though, and equilateral construction is convenient since it allows you more freedom in terms of holding the pick, palming it for finger picking, etc. (plus, three picks in one in terms of useful life with an equilateral plectrum).

I got in touch with Ra, and, well, somehow I ended up with a pick with my name on it that anyone can buy. Which is weird, since I'm just a dude, nobody special at all, but there you go. I don't get nor want any royalties on it, I just think it's a really, really nice pick and am glad he's making me a few more of them. As far as how it came about, I think it's because TGP got interested when I posted a picture of it and described it a bit, apparently that caused a rather specific spike in interest, and so rather than deal with a bunch of people trying to custom order basically the same thing he just put it out there for sale generally.

Here's the picture of it on his web site.

Here's a picture of the actual pick I got made that started the interest on TGP when the topic came up:

Mine's 5.8mm thick. You have to get in contact with him to get it made thicker than the stock 2mm-3mm, and it's not nearly as exact a process as plastic picks (though that's not to take away from the hand beveling done on pretty much all plastic picks in the specialty pick industry; it's just that there's something pretty unique in terms of total craftsmanship when you start with a block of wood 6mm or 9mm thick and carve a pick out of it made to order). I've got several more on the way. I've tested the durability and it's excellent, no signs of use at all. Tonally it's sort of like the Blue Chip material (which, coincidentally, is made from a synthetic normally used for high-durability bearings - I guess the things that make a good, slick pick might make for good, slick bearing related stuff, too). Less high frequency stuff going on. Very quick string movement, very precise. I like it, anyway, I guess that's what's important.

So ends the novella about a pick named after me. Amen. Also, pretty much everyone thinks I'm totally mental for opting to check out so many picks. I accept this, on account of it's true. But fun!

Agreed fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 22, 2011

Van Dis
Jun 19, 2004

Agreed posted:

I've been kind of quietly getting completely and ludicrously into picks lately.

Christ, that's no joke.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Yeah, although I should probably note that everything that's not a v-pick, the surfpick, or the blue chip were gifts from a friend who has been down the road for real. I've been very lucky in getting to try out a bunch of really pricey stuff for comparatively little investment of my own. But I definitely have a collection of picks now, which is only less weird than a collection of pedals in that one pedal = cost of all the picks.

Hope I get a chance to chill with Vinni over summer NAMM, would love to take a shot at making one of the picks. He'll let anyone try, and everybody fucks it up because as it happens doing 50 to 80 precise grinds followed by careful buffing isn't something you can do your first time at it.

Edit: Oh, also, I'm pretty sure if I wasn't into the idea of trying all this stuff out, I'd be perfectly happy with any one of the top 4 favorites as the only pick I use. But they all kick the crap out of the 3.0mm Dunlop Big Stubby picks I used to use, there's just something about the design of the pick that feels like a bad compromise now. I keep two around, a worn one and a fresh one, to compare to new picks I get in. No sense trying out new stuff without any context, and I used the Big Stubbies for 3 years or so. I might order some of the triangle-shaped 3.0mm stubbies, though, might be a better form factor than the teardrop shape with the thumb indent, but I don't think it would solve the main problems I had with them (they wear too quickly and the damned things grip very poorly, I tried everything short of dipping them in tool grip dip to fix the problem to no avail).

Agreed fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 22, 2011

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

You're gonna give yourself a complex dude. Pretty soon you'll be unable to play with any normal picks.

Pyrthas
Jan 22, 2007
I dunno, given that Agreed was using Big Stubbies for a few years, I bet he was already finding it pretty hard to play with normal, thin, flimsy picks. I know I could never go back once I used one. (But I haven't gone as nuts as Agreed. I just moved on to Wegens and I've been plenty happy with them for about 9 years now. I want to try new picks, but I can't convince myself that it'll be a big enough difference to drop the money on them.)

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Hey, Agreed, how's the wear on the strings? I'd think they'd kink them more.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

In order:

Oh, yeah, complex fully in place...

... and yeah, it's been this way awhile, really. Big Stubby is a gateway drug into REAL thick picks. Once you realize "oh, wow, thick picks are completely awesome" there's no going back. So, you know, get out while you can, or just have fun with it, the good thing about picks is that even though they are expensive for a pick, they're generally not more expensive than a pack of Elixer strings or a pizza or whatever so you aren't exactly going to break the bank trying out good ones. Note: does not apply to models costing $75 or more. That is a poo poo ton of money to spend on a pick. It is an amazing pick, don't get me wrong, but yeeeowch in the wallet if you want to add it to your collection...

... finally, string wear hasn't really ever been an issue, believe it or not, I change my strings every several months, like "worn in" but not worn out - and haven't broken a string in more than three years. I play with a fairly light touch and go for precision over aggression, even when playing heavy stuff. The string will only vibrate so much, past that you get unruly intermodulation caused by it getting jarred against the bridge and it doesn't sound any better imo but it sure will reduce the useful life of your strings.

Giganto-picks + what I am comfortable calling at least a reasonably articulate playing style (I mean, I'm no Vernon Reid, but, you know, I've put hours a day into it for years now so I can play pretty well and I know what I'm doing) = smooth string control. You'd be surprised, I think, at how easy it is to play with thicker picks once you get used to it. I can record a clip of some different materials, it's really, really striking how they sound different. Anyone want that? Abandon all hope ye who start buying boutique picks.

mr_package
Jun 13, 2000
Man this is getting worse than your boutique pedal collection, and your amp collection before that.

Agreed posted:

I can record a clip of some different materials, it's really, really striking how they sound different. Anyone want that? Abandon all hope ye who start buying boutique picks.

I'd be into this for sure.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

~Click teaser image for imgur album~

I'm taking apart my SX bass and giving it a nice Warmoth neck, some Delano / Nordstrand pickups in an unorthodox configuration (J neck, P bridge (reversed split coils)), a custom pickguard / pickguard shape, Hipshot Lollypop Ultralite tuners, Schaller bridge &c. &c.

I'm re-finishing the front and back of the swamp ash J-bass body with Behlen Master Gel. The edge I'm keeping the original poly thick-rear end finish for an original accent. Probably grind the chrome off the control panel so it'll go brass and get a nice patina.

Nothing too pretty on purpose, but this neck's a beaut. Goncalo Alves fretboard, Padouk neck, all unfinished. Double graphite rods in addition to the steel truss rod (this thing is maybe 3 pounds max), slim taper, 1 3/4" width at the nut. Abalone dot inlay. Tele head, reverse right-handed orientation. Blah blah blah

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

mr_package posted:

Man this is getting worse than your boutique pedal collection, and your amp collection before that.

I'd be into this for sure.

Yeah, although I should note that in terms of price:satisfaction this is much better than either of those two previous packrat vices :v:

I'll see if I have time to do some simple recordings of four materials with major differences to kick it off. Talking about some really remarkable changes to the sound, not subtle at all. The difference between a pick made out of wood and a pick made out of acrylic is approaching the difference between playing with a pick or playing with your fingers in terms of distinctness in sound, even with this thick monster of a super hard/dense pick. I might do a clip of the thin lignum vitae jazz stubby versus the thick Baker mini tri-corner to give you an idea of that. The difference in shape, bevel and mass is such that even they sound very different.

Just to be clear, this is just me doing what I do, guys, I don't make sensible approaches, I just fuckin' jump in. Luckily I've found like-minded individuals, including one gent I now consider a real friend, who (through sharing their experiences or through just outright sharing picks with me to give me first-hand experience with materials and makes I'd not be as willing to try blind) who have made it easier for me to hone in closely on what I want. I would never have believed I'd end up preferring picks nearly 6mm thick. Sounds nutty, I know. But they play better than anything else I've ever used.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

it's incoming, apparently. God knows how long Amazon takes to get to Sydney. Now I have to pick monitors. Any suggestions?

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Still on the pick talk, I got a few more V-Picks, one of which was the 8.5mm thick Colossal.

I don't think it'll become my main plectrum but it's still interesting to use, has a very different attack when hitting the strings due to the steep angle of the material, it just glides over everything and doesn't really dig in without additional effort. This does affect the sound quite a bit, not a lot of bite to it but would be great for rhythm. An unexpected side effect of using this mammoth pick for a while is that my other picks now feel like precision surgical instruments, even the Screamer which is one of the bigger picks I had previously used. I see this as a good thing, it's the same reason I use big heavy sticks when doing drum rudiments on a pad and lighter ones when at the kit, so I can see myself using the colossal as a regular practice tool.

The Screamer is still my favourite V-Pick (or any pick at all), this last order was primarily to replace the one I have misplaced somewhere among my many guitar-playing areas around the house (their transparency is the biggest negative, there's a fair chance it's within a 5ft radius of me right now) and one of the new Screamers is glow in the dark so hopefully that will help somewhat next time one goes AWOL.

Anyone at all interested could do themselves a big favour by investing a few dollars into a Screamer, I have had a guitar in my hands more this month than in the previous half-year simply because of this pick.

in_absentia
Feb 6, 2008

LYNCHINGS ARE WHAT GIVE THE SOUTH ITS CHARM!
:3:
(not a bigot)
A friend of a friend just had a baby and was selling off some DJ and Midi gear super cheap so I picked up the following (GIS pics, I'll post my own when I get home)

AKAI MPD26 - $50

Behringer BCD3000 - $50

NI Traktor Kontrol X1 - $50

AKAI MPC500 w/Ram upgrade and 32gb CF Card - $250

Everything was practically NIB and barely used. The DJ Gear is nice to have sitting out in my Man Cave/Office just to dick around with. I'm really excited about the MPC500 as I have been wanting something to play with on-the-go and the MPD26 has made a great addition to my Ableton setup. I firmly believe that one cannot ever have enough gear.

"Not that I needed all that for the studio, but once you get locked into a serious gear-collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can." - Misquoting Hunter S. Thompson

in_absentia fucked around with this message at 17:39 on May 23, 2011

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Wow man, you did well there! If you're using Traktor, a quick poke about the DJ Tech Tools site will get you a really nice 4 deck .tsi file for the BCD3000.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Schlieren posted:

That is some beautiful wood!

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I've got an MPC 1000 and I still find myself wanting a 500 for mobilitys sake, bringing in a briefcase and what not. Pick up a Zoom H1 or similar cheap-yet-fine field recorder, sample and build on-the-go.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

This is a Recording King R0S-06. I got it from a guy where I teach lessons for $170 but I think it retails for around $225. I got it because I got such a great deal on it but I also really wanted a 000 style guitar and I heard great things about recording kings. I was not disappointed. It has a decidedly unrefined sound but I love that because my main acoustic is a Taylor 614 and this guitar is about as far away tonally as is possible. I has a huge neck which I also like because I have big hands. It sounds great for flat picking, fingerpicking, and slide. If you are in the market for an intermediate or 2nd fingerpicking guitar pick one of these up.

in_absentia
Feb 6, 2008

LYNCHINGS ARE WHAT GIVE THE SOUTH ITS CHARM!
:3:
(not a bigot)

MrLonghair posted:

I've got an MPC 1000 and I still find myself wanting a 500 for mobilitys sake, bringing in a briefcase and what not. Pick up a Zoom H1 or similar cheap-yet-fine field recorder, sample and build on-the-go.

I thought about the MPC1000 but since I spend most of my time using a PC in my studio I didn't see the point. Especially now that I have the MPD26 that I can just use with Ableton. With the MPC500 I can sit on the loving toilet and jam if I so choose, but I've found myself using it mostly during lunch breaks at work and when I'm sitting on the couch with my wife while she watches American Idol, I just plug in the headphones and bang away. I was using my iPad to do essentially the same thing, but having tactile feedback is much nicer. I couldn't turn down $250 for a maxed out MPC500 either :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

So I've been working on an SG Junior for the better part of four months and now she's ready to be shown:

Two piece mahogany body, mahogany set neck with an ebony fretboard, tung-oil finish, authentic Gibson P-90, and controls just where I wanted them. It was a bitch to construct in an apartment building but drat was it all worth it.

I'm still adjusting the intonation and the P-90 has to be wired up, but drat does she sound awesome.