Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

God loving dammit. Is the show all Vegas talk, or is it at least tucked into the beginning or end?

Skip the first 39 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

MassRayPer posted:

Hearing Dave try to use a sports analogy with Bryan made up for the inevitable week of hearing about Bryan and Ed's tame Vegas adventures. The worst week of the year is hearing about wrestling geeks exclaiming how wild and crazy they were at the STRIP CLUB getting DRUNK.

I need to invite Coughlin along for some real adventures.

I thought Coughlin didn't drink.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Coughlin doesn't need to drink.

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

So FC released a 2 part interview with Low Ki. Amongst the notable parts at least according to him now he didn't ask for his release and was terminated which I found pretty interesting.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

servo106 posted:

So FC released a 2 part interview with Low Ki. Amongst the notable parts at least according to him now he didn't ask for his release and was terminated which I found pretty interesting.

Link?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

weekly font posted:

Link?

http://iwantwrestling.com/

I have no idea what FC stands for though.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Formerly Creative. (Ie: WWE Creative)?

servo106
Apr 26, 2006

LordPants posted:

Yeah sorry probably could have been more clear. Been a long day.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

servo106 posted:

Is that his real voice? I always thought that was his gimmick voice.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't he make a statement when he left saying that he asked them if they had any plans for him to which they said no so he asked for his release? Why is he changing his story now?

Whenever I hear his voice it reminds me of the guy who sang 'chocolate rain'.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jun 2, 2011

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Didn't he make a statement when he left saying that he asked them if they had any plans for him to which they said no so he asked for his release? Why is he changing his story now?

Whenever I hear his voice it reminds me of the guy who sang 'chocolate rain'.

He himself never said that, that's just what was reported.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

Low Ki comes off as way more reasonable about everything than I expected. It's weird. I'm not sure I like it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

drat. Internet wrestling journalism strikes again!

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
He says in the podcast that he had to say that he asked for his release for a business thing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Getting confirmation that NXT was a shoot is kind of mind blowing. Obviously it was likely that the fan voting was legitimate but finding out the pros voting was legitimate was shocking.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

MassRayPer posted:

Getting confirmation that NXT was a shoot is kind of mind blowing. Obviously it was likely that the fan voting was legitimate but finding out the pros voting was legitimate was shocking.

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but if Low Ki outright confirms it, then consider my mind blown as well. I will never, ever understand why they would do that. Have a shoot competition to find their next star and then proceed to bury the guy that legit won the competition and got himself over both with the audience and with his peers, because that's not the guy they wanted to win the thing in the first place. Imagine if Dana White ran the UFC that way. It's complete insanity.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Borh posted:

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but if Low Ki outright confirms it, then consider my mind blown as well. I will never, ever understand why they would do that. Have a shoot competition to find their next star and then proceed to bury the guy that legit won the competition and got himself over both with the audience and with his peers, because that's not the guy they wanted to win the thing in the first place. Imagine if Dana White ran the UFC that way. It's complete insanity.

The only thing I could think is that he was kayfabing. I am still a bit loopy from my trip so I could have missed some obvious clues that he was kayfabing. I have no idea why he would other than "It is Low Ki, he is kind of a weirdo."

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Borh posted:

Yeah, it's not like they've ever done anything like this befo-

Oh.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
If that's true, as one of the 5 viewers of NXT, I really need to start voting.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LordPants posted:

oh jesus im stupid

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Well this would explain the pros' vote from season 1 where Daniel Bryan was #1 despite losing all his matches.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
The Giant Bombcast has a nice mini rant on the state of wrestling, and TNA in particular, this week. I always like when their wrestling fandom sneaks into their videogame podcast

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Man, I have never felt cooler then I have when listening to listening to the guest reporters on Figure Four Daily talk about the convention. The convention sounds like the worst long weekend out or the most hilarious ironic holiday ever.

It sounds like it's exactly what you'd guess a group of socially retarded wrestling fans would do if hey got together for a party.

Anyway, looking forward to listening to the Kaval interview.

The two or three seconds where Bryan paused after Todd Martin explained a theory about MMA scoring and Bryan responded with 'You know, I said something similar a long time ago and people told me I was a complete idiot' were amazing, as I'd zoned out and thought Bryan had finally snapped and layed an ice burn on Todd Martin.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 3, 2011

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The song of Todd singing Christian's theme was amazing.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I loved

"He took his ball and ran with it as they say in ... basketball?"

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

LordPants posted:

I loved

"He took his ball and ran with it as they say in ... basketball?"

Bryan's supposed ignorance toward sports is getting tiresome.

Plenty of people don't follow sports. No one loving thinks basketball players sprint around with the basketball in their hands.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Bryan's supposed ignorance toward sports is getting tiresome.

Plenty of people don't follow sports. No one loving thinks basketball players sprint around with the basketball in their hands.
They, uh... kind of do? I mean they dribble, but it's pretty much in their hands.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

CVagts posted:

Well this would explain the pros' vote from season 1 where Daniel Bryan was #1 despite losing all his matches.

Low Ki mentions just how insanely stupid it was to put him in that position as well. They were flat out destroying the guy every single week despite his obvious connection to the fans and respect from his peers. That seems to be a theme in that company.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Rythian posted:

They, uh... kind of do? I mean they dribble, but it's pretty much in their hands.

You know what I meant.

I've never watched cricket or badminton, but I at least know some basics of the two sports, and they're not popular at all in the USA. Not a single person growing up in America lacks a basic understanding of football, baseball, basketball, and hockey - but Bryan pretends he has nooooo idea.

It's just a pet peeve of mind, nothing major.

Sue Denim posted:

Man, I have never felt cooler then I have when listening to listening to the guest reporters on Figure Four Daily talk about the convention. The convention sounds like the worst long weekend out or the most hilarious ironic holiday ever.

It sounds like it's exactly what you'd guess a group of socially retarded wrestling fans would do if hey got together for a party.

I can't bring myself to listen to it. I'm curious, but I feel like the schadenfreude would be too much for me to bear.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Like anyone gets called for travelling these days.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The funniest thing about newcomers thinking the stories form Vegas are pathetic is that they haven't even been acquainted with Ed in San Antonio yet.

Short version: Hugely fat mexican-american guy who brags about driving drunk, getting high and loving hookers (like, seriously brags about the hookers he's paid to gently caress). Also fell in love with a lap dancer at some club in Las Vegas.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sue Denim posted:

I wouldn't go that far. I think it is hilarious that they act like it is this time of your life and no one should miss it, but I doubt it's a bad time. Lots of people like Cirque De Soleil and going to UFC with a bunch of people. It is really funny that they go to places like Cheesecake Factory when they are there though.

I don't think it was a convention story but a year or two ago when Bryan and Dave went to see Wayne Newton that resulted in great stories and I wish they'd go every year.

Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011
Review an Impact has the best intro this week.

Tarasenko Tank fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 4, 2011

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That Impact review was the best in a long time. Especially that last line. I could believe Impact being the cause of death for Vinny sooner or later.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I love that most recent observer radio, with Dave just killing TNA and Vince McMahon in a short period of time.

Especially when talking about the time limit draw and how it made me think of that great Flair/Steamboat match where it is one all with like a minute to go, and in the last second Steamboat gets the pin for the win (which ends up being a Dusty finish.). And I was like wow, that's how you do it.

And then I thought, You know who else managed to work a match like that? NWA: Mountain State. Sure they're not as good, but they understand the psychology of using it.

Think about that for a minute. The 'Stro and Pearce understand wrestling and psychology better than TNA. :psyduck:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh man, the fellas on the LAW are doubling down on the Kia Stevens ranting and it gets uncomfortable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Neodoomium posted:

Oh man, the fellas on the LAW are doubling down on the Kia Stevens ranting and it gets uncomfortable.

Hopefully they are the painters in the burning TNA house that Dave was talking about last night.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Low Ki sounds like Tay Zonday

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Beeswax posted:

The funniest thing about newcomers thinking the stories form Vegas are pathetic is that they haven't even been acquainted with Ed in San Antonio yet.

Short version: Hugely fat mexican-american guy who brags about driving drunk, getting high and loving hookers (like, seriously brags about the hookers he's paid to gently caress). Also fell in love with a lap dancer at some club in Las Vegas.

Don't worry, even the F4W board thinks he is a joke too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

GoutPatrol posted:

Don't worry, even the F4W board thinks he is a joke too.

Such great lows.

• Locked thread