Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
1) I say the ref is free to change his mind again. He can take the advice from his assistant refs an give the penalty

2) If he's off the field, he's off the field. Take the penalty.

3) Sub him off. The ref should have been aware of that before the game, but so should the club. Report it to the FA, they should probably get a fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
1) The game is finished.

2) Book the captain and tell him to find someone to take the goddamned penalty.

3) Sub him off, report to FA, enjoy the points deduction.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1) The "play on" bit indicates you were not impeded and made an informed decision on the play. Game over.

2) Ask the captain, who happens to be right in front of you, who will take the penalty. If refused (or if he thinks himself witty selects the injured dude), card him for the delay. If refused again, card him, send him off, and abandon the match.

3) Offer the chance for a substitute, document in match report.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

So basically no-one disagrees on any of these.

but to add weight..

1) Game over.
2) Make them or simply reverse the decision to a defence free kick from where the penalty offense happened.
3) Sub him then and there, report both yourself and the club.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
Oh noes!

Bio-Hazard fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 23, 2011

Mewcenary
Jan 9, 2004
The relevant quote from LOTG for the first one:

quote:

The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his
discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth offi cial, provided
that he has not restarted play or terminated the match.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

quote:

Keith Hackett's verdict

1) Once you have terminated a game, you cannot reverse a previous decision, or resume play: that is clear in law. Besides which, you saw
the incident, decided there was no offence and played on – and it is your judgment, ultimately, which counts. Calum Leahy wins the shirt.

2) Call their captain over, and make it clear that the injured player cannot return to the field until the game is restarted – so he cannot take the kick (unless there is a need for a re-take). If his teammates still refuse to take it, make it clear to them that the game will be abandoned. That should focus minds. Thanks to Johannah Carroll.

3) This isn't something you can deal with during the match: it's the club's responsibility to ensure that their players are allowed to take part. If they want to they can substitute the player, but if they decide to keep him on, that's their call too. You just need to make sure that both clubs know the situation, and that you will be making a full report to the authorities after the game. Thanks to James Hall.

Looks like his 3rd answer is not the same as what anyone said here?

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

The thing with the 3rd one is it's one of the many things that people send into to YATR because "it's about rules", but it's purely a competition rule and nothing to do with the referee - the LOAF says only that a team is 11 players including a goalkeeper, and some subs if you've got them. That's all the referee cares about.

edit: and the "full report" says "at (time X) I was notified by Ron Knee of Neasden that his player Baldy Pevsner may have been playing while under suspension, the managers had a discussion and (said X, Y and Z), and (some things happened).

Trin Tragula fucked around with this message at 18:41 on May 30, 2011

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I'm reasonably certain his answer for 3 contradicts an earlier one that I've encountered in the iOS app.

cleanhands
Jun 9, 2010

My opinions, though not completely awful are expressed in a tiresome and needlessly aggressive way. Please help me to chill out.
1. The rulebook explicitly states such disagreements are settled by a cage fight, but there is precedent for a robot dance-off.

2. Send everyone off, restart play with drop ball.

3. Repeat everything he says back to him in a whiny voice until he bursts into tears

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Aren't we doing this anymore?

1: Notify player before kickoff, include in match report.

2: A red card should always be dealt with immediately. Stop play, send off the player and call off the match as they have less than seven players on the pitch.

3: Stop play as it's a foreign object that can cause injury. Restart with a drop ball.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1. I would love to see that match report. "Some twitter account on the internet that could be one of the players in the game I'm refereeing said this bad stuff about me." You should be discussing the game at halftime, not checking the internet.

2. Play advantage, caution and send off at the next dead ball opportunity.

3. It's a hazardous foreign object, stop play, remove the object, restart with a dropped ball. This situation probably could have been prevented if you were paying attention.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
1. Do nothing except reporting it to the league after, because there are usually competition rules against players complaining about refs. But being a competition rule, it's not your responsibility. It's not really dissent because it's like him bitching in the locker room to his teammates, or perhaps to a TV interviewer.

2. Play advantage and then caution, show red, abandon. The reason to play advantage first is because the league decides what to do about it, and it's probably better to give them as full a game as possible to decide.

3. Stop play, drop ball.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

1 - Pretend you never saw it and don't check your twitter at half time you div. "Discover it" after the game and report it, but you may as well not bother because if it REALLY happened then half the internet would have known before you ever got the chance.

2 - Play advantage, let it play out then pull it back just as if it was any other caution. Then do what you must.

3 - Stop Play, remove, start with drop ball.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

2 must be play advantage, then second yellow and sending off. It won't result in an abandoned match because IIRC it is up to the referee's discretion when to abandon the match, not necessarily after 5 red cards

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

EvilHawk posted:

2 must be play advantage, then second yellow and sending off. It won't result in an abandoned match because IIRC it is up to the referee's discretion when to abandon the match, not necessarily after 5 red cards

No, the LOAF is very clear on that. A match will be abandoned if a team for whatever reason during the course of the match is unable to field a minimum of 7 players. The only exception is sideline treatment of injury until the player is unable to go on or resumes play.

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER
Oh noes!

Bio-Hazard fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 23, 2011

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Keith Hackett posted:

1) What are you doing checking Twitter at half-time? You should be focused on preparing for the second half. But now that you've had a look and seen the message, you just need to rise above it: you cannot deal with this during the match, but you can include it in your post-match report to the authorities. Andy Courtney wins the shirt.

2) Yes – play advantage in the usual way, and once the passage of play ends, stop the game and issue the player with his second yellow, and a red. Then abandon the game and report the full facts to the authorities. Thanks to Stephen Plumer.

3) Allow the forward to continue – he hasn't committed an infringement, and so shouldn't be penalised. The defender clearly should have played on rather than trying to get you to break up the attack for him, and then handed the scissors to you the next time the ball went out of play. If anything, he has made the situation more dangerous by picking the scissors up and waving them around... Thanks to Alex Hobbs.

Odd that a potentially dangerous object shouldn't mean an instant stop in play. Was also sure that any offense that would result in a sending off should be dealt with at once, but since it's technically only a yellow it might pass.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Keith Hackett posted:

The defender clearly should have played on rather than trying to get you to break up the attack for him, and then handed the scissors to you the next time the ball went out of play.

Keith Hackett advocates running with scissors.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Scientastic posted:

Keith Hackett advocates running with scissors.

No, apparently the defender should have just left them on the ground so someone falls on them. Way better than stopping the game.

e: And I guess running with scissors too.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I think he's seeing it more as the defender intentionally using the scissors to stop the attacking play, and trying to go after that rather than the scissors' presence on its own.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I don't care if he was, unless he dropped them in the first place a dangerous object on the pitch is a dangerous object on the pitch. If he gets a bit lucky this time fine.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
What if he noticed them five minutes earlier and waited until that exact moment to grab them and reveal them to you because it gave him a large benefit?

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

vyelkin posted:

What if he noticed them five minutes earlier and waited until that exact moment to grab them and reveal them to you because it gave him a large benefit?

That's certainly trickery on the defender's part, but you'd have no way of knowing if he was waiting for a certain moment otherwise you would have stopped play to remove the scissors.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

I mean yeah, you should generally be a little suspicious of players' intentions, cheating bastards they are, but this is a level of cynicism that is ridiculous and dangerous.

Though it makes me think, if you noticed them first, you'd stop play, right? Even if the action is currently moving away from the scissors? I see it sucks to stop play if no one is in immediate danger, but if they come back on the counter and then you stop play it's even worse. I feel like if you think it's dangerous, stop play as soon as you've decided it's dangerous.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

Then he's a very smart man, doesn't change what you should do.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
It's Friday!

But it looks like Trevillion and Hackett are on holiday so the Guardian have gone with something a bit different, I don't really know what to make of it

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
1. Goal

2. Document in match report

3. wear one of the 4 jerseys you bought 2 panels ago

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
1. 12, Beckham, 9

2. Kill yourself

3. Stitch together a Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal shirt. They are all your favourites :3:

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

But it looks like Trevillion and Hackett are on holiday so the Guardian have gone with something a bit different, I don't really know what to make of it

1. Only buy one, with your name #69 on it, but from soccertriads.com. If the rivals become poo poo, find the 2nd most-sweetest soccer jersey and become a fan of that franchise. Email soccertriads and tell them your rival's jersey didn't come in the mail and request the new team one.

2. Post multiple threads on bigsoccer.com asking for a stream. Reply to every thread there asking for a stream. PM every TRP regular asking for a stream.

3. Blame it on a lack of attacking third entries. Suggest rule changes incl. goal line technology. Think to yourself "oh the MLS is porbably as good as the Premiership now!" and watch them, realize they're poo poo. This should provide enough time to forget 'your' team were poo poo. Repeat ad nauseam.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

1. Buy only one, with you first and last name with the number 1

2. No sweat, you have another tab open already with a Hungarian stream on mute that you can switch to

3. Find their shirt on your floor and toss it in the back of your closet so noone sees it, and buy a new jersey following the directions from the answer to #1

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
3. One for burning one for pissing on and one to wipe your arse with. Even plastics know what a spurs shirt is for. No numbers or names.

Stream? A real plastic watches motd and reads the sun to see how their team did.

Wenger out!

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
1. You look up on wikipedia who their most famous player ever was and get his name/number so you can claim you are a real fan and have been forever

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
3. always remember to save fm before a game

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

SteadfastMeat posted:

It's Friday!

1. Davey Beckman #7

2. Switch to Iraqgoals, get arrested by the FBI for going to a website with Iraq in the name

3. Reload FM (you did save right)

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

It's Friday, and it's a penalty special!

I think:
1) Play on - Although I imagine there's some regulation on the sound of PA announcers or something
2) Retake - The keeper wasn't on his line?
3) No goal - Not sure you can flick and volley without touching it twice, and that's not allowed in a penalty

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
1) play on. Maybe report the club later if you feel it was intentional.

2) goal. You allowed the positioning of the ball. Keeper being off his line only matters in the case of a miss.

3) indirect free kick to the defence. Can only touch the ball once before another player does. Even woodwork doesn't count.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Yesss, the season has now truly started.

1. Play on without retaking the penalty. Report the incident because there must be rules against making announcements when a penalty is being taken.

2. I don't think you have to retake a penalty where the keeper was off his line if it's scored. It's not the keepers job to worry about the ball being precisely on the spot. Goal.

3. No goal, you aren't allowed to take more than one touch in a penalty.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
1. Play on, tell the taker to gently caress off
2. Goal, tell the keeper to gently caress off
3. No goal, tell the taker to gently caress off and yellow card him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

1. Play on, no retake.
2. Goal, keeper gained no advantage by being out of position. Warn the keeper to stop being a dickhead.
3. No goal. Yellow card to taker for unsporting behavior.

• Locked thread