Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

Saga posted:

Well that's obvious isn't it...

Why hasn't someone made this into an animated smiley? I can see it now. Bike falls over with leg in the air followed by Had to lay 'er DOWNNNN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Saga posted:

Shh, I want to see him do it on the [e: kiddie bike!]

Someone needs to go directly to cafe press and market that sweater. Or at least the coffee cup.

For the record, this is my bike but I am in no way responsible for this design:

http://www.cafepress.com/+live_to_ride_dark_tshirt,389715111

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Killboy has some really amazing Harley pics.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Crayvex posted:

Why hasn't someone made this into an animated smiley? I can see it now. Bike falls over with leg in the air followed by Had to lay 'er DOWNNNN

Oh wow, the monthly re-post of HD boy eating it at the Gap. Since we're dealing with a fresh audience and/or Mementoesque short term memories--hang on--let me find that picture of the McGuire Twins on bikes. It's HILARIOUS.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Marv Hushman posted:

Oh wow, the monthly re-post of HD boy eating it at the Gap. Since we're dealing with a fresh audience and/or Mementoesque short term memories--hang on--let me find that picture of the McGuire Twins on bikes. It's HILARIOUS.

Aww was that your friend. It's ok. We won't judge for it.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Z3n posted:

Aww was that your friend. It's ok. We won't judge for it.

I'll have you know they were both friends of mine, God rest their Honda suffocating souls. No 72 virgins, but they did each receive a voucher for a free upgrade from a Mini-Trail...

Marv Hushman fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 16, 2011

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Gnaghi posted:

I hate laughing at bike crashes, but it just looks like he's going WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Gnaghi posted:

Some accidents are just funny. these ones, hilarious.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Doctor Zero posted:

I hate laughing at bike crashes, but it just looks like he's going WHEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I always figured he just went "I give up!"

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Marv Hushman posted:

No, you don't understand, that was VTNewb silencing his Harley. Or was it?

I would unironically like a cafepress teddybear in an "Ola" sweater. Sort of a CA mascot, if you will.

I could tape one to each knee slider.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Doctor Zero posted:

I just see spirit fingers.

Saga posted:

I would unironically like a cafepress teddybear in an "Ola" sweater. Sort of a CA mascot, if you will.

I think that a OLA emblazoned teddy bear is the perfect CA mascot.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Saga posted:

I see a business plan emerging...

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free

Doctor Zero posted:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Saga posted:

We should do another delay, but with that instead of a pig.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Uthor posted:

We should do another delay, but with that instead of a pig.

This is the most hilariously accurate typo I've ever seen.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Doctor Zero posted:

This is the most hilariously accurate typo I've ever seen.

Stupid touchscreen. I will resist fixing it...

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Gnaghi posted:

Killboy has some really amazing Harley pics.

That's a Kawasaki! Notice how it isn't crashing (?)

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

clutchpuck posted:

That's a Kawasaki! Notice how it isn't crashing (?)

True but what I really want to know is how large the hole in the helmet is that they cut out to fit her pony tail?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Tindjin posted:

True but what I really want to know is how large the hole in the helmet is that they cut out to fit her pony tail?

I figured it was stick on.

What awed me was the beak of freedom.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Z3n posted:

I figured it was stick on.

What awed me was the beak of freedom.

Hahaha he looks like Sam Eagle.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doctor Zero posted:

Like the Harley equivalent of those two guys in a miata

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Well my new quieter exhaust somehow leaned out my sportster. I have no idea how this is possible, but the plugs are snow white, it pops like crazy, and it has trouble revving past 4500 now. Time to rejet!

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

VTNewb posted:

The only problem is I had SCREAMIN' EAGLE pipes on the thing.

My girlfriend works in the wine industry. "Screaming Eagle" is the name of an ultra high end $3000 a bottle winery. She happens to know the winemaker there. Its hilarious to me every time we interact with him because in my head I'm thinking "hehe you make super annoyingly loud pipes for Harleys". I really have to wonder if they worry about the connection.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

pr0zac posted:

My girlfriend works in the wine industry. "Screaming Eagle" is the name of an ultra high end $3000 a bottle winery. She happens to know the winemaker there. Its hilarious to me every time we interact with him because in my head I'm thinking "hehe you make super annoyingly loud pipes for Harleys". I really have to wonder if they worry about the connection.

The joke no one would get:

Shoving a screaming eagle wine bottle up a Harley's exhaust.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Z3n posted:

The joke no one would get:

Shoving a screaming eagle wine bottle up a Harley's exhaust.

Is that like the banana in the tailpipe joke?

SlightlyMadman
Jan 14, 2005

The best part is adding the cost of two bottles of that wine to make new pipes out of wouldn't really make a noticeable difference in the purchase price of a lot of Harleys. It's all going on credit, anyways.

def snow leppard
Sep 12, 2010

How the gently caress do you drift a lane over RIGHT AFTER THE LIGHT TURNS GREEN? Dude looked at me like I was insane when I held down the horn. That's when I shot off, one finger in the air. If only I could wheelie.

Seriously boggles my mind though, front of the light, it turns green, we don't even clear the intersection before he's taking up 3/4 of my lane and totally clueless about it.

I should really find somewhere new to ride, all the roads are flat and straight here on the prairies, so I ride the two busiest roads in the city during heavy traffic for fun.:unsmith:

Just had to get that out.

def snow leppard fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 19, 2011

BradleyJamers
Jun 5, 2005
Ask me about my fitness log: PYF Not Workouts

Clank posted:

How the gently caress do you drift a lane over RIGHT AFTER THE LIGHT TURNS GREEN? Dude looked at me like I was insane when I held down the horn. That's when I shot off, one finger in the air. If only I could wheelie.

Seriously boggles my mind though, front of the light, it turns green, we don't even clear the intersection before he's taking up 3/4 of my lane and totally clueless about it.

I should really find somewhere new to ride, all the roads are flat and straight here on the prairies, so I ride the two busiest roads in the city during heavy traffic for fun.:unsmith:

Just had to get that out.

Was this a double turn lane? There's a double left in front of my work and inevitably someone in the close lane drifts into the far lane like they don't know how these things work.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Goddammit, some loving punk let his goddamn dog piss all over the loving wheel of my goddamn bike.

How do I best inflict grievous bodily harm upon him and/or get his dog to stop pissing on my bike, since the owner is clearly not smart enough to manage it.

Gom Jabbar
Oct 3, 2005
The high-handed enemy
If you know who it is go piss on there car door handle.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Outright confrontation often leads to very hostile situations. For my, some rear end in a top hat had his dog making GBS threads in my yard constantly. I could tell because he had a big dog and it was pretty regular.

My answer? I waited till I had a free day then holed up with a novel and computer and waited for him. Never ended up catching the guy, but eventually he got tired of letting his dog poo poo in our yard.

The bitch of it is, I'm pretty sure it happened because my dad confronted a guy doing it a week or so before. Whatever for him, but /I'm/ the one who has to cut the god drat grass.

So, obviously you should hole up and wait to catch them in the act, then follow them home (they're walking ffs, just trail a bit) and start pissing on the person's tire. Every day. After a while it doesn't even need to be piss.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Gom Jabbar posted:

If you know who it is go piss on there car door handle.

Amateur - you piss on the dog.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

nsaP posted:

So, obviously you should hole up and wait to catch them in the act, then follow them home (they're walking ffs, just trail a bit) and start pissing on the person's tire. Every day. After a while it doesn't even need to be piss.

I think he lives in one of the apartments right where I park my bike. His dog sometimes barks at me through the window when I come home.

I've been considering using salt or oil of hartshorn, that poo poo stinks like you wouldn't believe and is sometimes used to keep dogs and cats away. I'm considering whether to spread it around the bike or in his mailbox. A litre or so of sticky stinky oil should suffice.

Although perhaps the jug of chainsaw oil I have somewhere would be bad enough.

Saga posted:

Amateur - you piss on the dog.

No, the dog is innocent and only following its nature. I've met it before since he just opens the door and lets it run around freely. It's very friendly and playful, but the owner is a total dickhead.

Pissing on the owner would be the correct response.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jun 21, 2011

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

KozmoNaut posted:

No, the dog is innocent and only following its nature.

Pissing on the owner would be the correct response.

Thank you. I wish more people had this attitude. Humans expectations of their pets are stupid sometimes. They're domesticated animals, they don't think like humans.

Still look badass on a motorcycle tho.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

it's just dog piss, it'll be clean the next time it rains. If the guy was walking up and deliberately pissing on your bike himself, or if he was walking the dog and stopping at your bike and encouraging his dog to piss on it, that'd be a different matter. You said he lets the dog run free though, so it will piss anywhere it likes. Dogs pissing on your bike is the least concern you should have about parking your bike outside in public.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

So you think it's okay to have your personal property soaked in piss?

Bikes are usually locked with disk locks and chain locks that usually rest partially on the ground? I was only by pure luck that the disk lock wasn't soaked in piss as well. I don't know about you, but I would prefer not to get any piss on my hands and gloves.

It's pretty much the same thing as someone pissing on your door handles or mailbox lid, completely unacceptable.

Besides, it may be weeks before I go ride in the rain, the bike is usually covered and won't see any rain while parked.

I've studied local dog laws and they actually state that dogs should be kept on a leash or under complete control of their owner. Failure to respect this and/or any damage to other people's property will result in a fine. In grievous cases the dog will be put down. I'd say that deliberately letting your dog piss on other people's personal property or just letting the dog run wild constitutes a violation.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
You're just assuming that the dog minds being pissed on. Anthropocentricist!

e: maybe just leave a sign on it saying in big letters "Please don't allow your dog to piss on my motorcycle. Yes, you."?

If you like it can be in Danish, but let's face it no-one can understand you guys, so it might as well be in English. It may not have occurred to the owner why you would have your nose inches from the wheel, albeit he should be controlling his dog properly and not letting it wee on people's stuff in general.

Saga fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Jun 21, 2011

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Saga posted:

e: maybe just leave a sign on it saying in big letters "Please don't allow your dog to piss on my motorcycle. Yes, you."?

I was thinking about a polite letter asking him not to let his dog piss all over other people's things and that if it continues, the caretaker and property manager will be informed. If that does not change his behavior, the police will be informed that the dog is running around without a leash, pissing on everything and menacing children. Properly addressed and signed of course, he'd be more than welcome to contact me and try and explain why he has no control over his dog.

Perhaps I'll print out a copy of the laws concerning dogs and send that to him as well with the relevant sections highlighted.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

I was thinking about a polite letter asking him not to let his dog piss all over other people's things and that if it continues, the caretaker and property manager will be informed. If that does not change his behavior, the police will be informed that the dog is running around without a leash, pissing on everything and menacing children. Properly addressed and signed of course, he'd be more than welcome to contact me and try and explain why he has no control over his dog.

Perhaps I'll print out a copy of the laws concerning dogs and send that to him as well with the relevant sections highlighted.

Well, sure, that's a mature and civilised way to handle it.

So odds are he sets fire to your motorcycle. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Saga posted:

Well, sure, that's a mature and civilised way to handle it.

So odds are he sets fire to your motorcycle. :(

Not if he can't find it :ssh: