Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Looks like I may be making the switch to Sprint over the next few months, thanks to Verizon deciding to screw over their customers with tiered data.

Is there an easy way to check on the service in a certain area, without relying on sketchy data maps? I'm thinking of maybe a forum of some kind where people discuss services in certain areas? For the record, I live about 30 miles directly south of Greensboro, NC if anyone can provide feedback.

Everyone I've known who has Sprint in this area complained about their service, but it's been a few years since I've known someone who had a Sprint phone. Verizon dominates this area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

IOwnCalculus posted:

So what's the best way to get my upgrade date bumped from 7/1 to 6/21? I tried chat and they wanted me to talk to retentions, but I'd like to try and do everything in one call if I have to call... and do they seriously do midnight orders? :v:

You are listed as eligible for a full upgrade on July 1st? If so just PM me last name and cell #, I'll bump the upgrade to today.

Acrolos posted:

Looks like I may be making the switch to Sprint over the next few months, thanks to Verizon deciding to screw over their customers with tiered data.

Is there an easy way to check on the service in a certain area, without relying on sketchy data maps? I'm thinking of maybe a forum of some kind where people discuss services in certain areas? For the record, I live about 30 miles directly south of Greensboro, NC if anyone can provide feedback.

Everyone I've known who has Sprint in this area complained about their service, but it's been a few years since I've known someone who had a Sprint phone. Verizon dominates this area.

sprint.com/coverage is honestly pretty fair and accurate. Not always but usually.

Keep in mind you have a 30 day guarantee, if coverage sucks in your area just return it and go back to VZ. Full refund and you don't pay for service. Note if coverage just sucks in your house Sprint will give you a free signal booster.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 21, 2011

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Can I still get the signal booster if I go on a 1 year plan through my school's sprint office? I've been on a family plan for like 2-3 years and I'm going to switch over to my own on friday, but the signal strength in my house has been pretty spotty for as long as I can remember.

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed
I called the EPRP line again and talked with someone who actually knew what was going on. He told me if the 3rd line price for Family Everything was showing as 19.99 it was just a mistake and that he'd note my account so I should call if I get charged 19.99 instead of 14.99. Telesales was worthless I should have just called EPRP right away. Lesson learned.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

a shameful boehner posted:

I was under the impression that if we ordered it tonight at midnight, it'd be shipped overnight, or in the next 2 days. Is that no longer the case?

Anytime I've ordered a phone, they always say something like 3-5 days. Every single time it's been the next day but I think they have to tell you worst case. So, I guess you can hope for next day, but they've never confirmed it would be overnight for me even when I mentioned that they usually show up the next day.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
A few weeks ago I ordered a Nexus S on a Thursday under the assumption that I'd get it on Friday, Saturday or Monday. I didn't get it until Tuesday.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003

Acrolos posted:

Buy a Sprint phone and get a new number, but do not cancel your old Verizon plan. Check your coverage out for a day. Then call Sprint and have them port your Verizon number over when you're ready, this will automatically cancel your old account. If it sucks, just go back to the Sprint store and cancel.

If you get good coverage everywhere but home, tell them you're going to cancel because of thisand they should give you an Airrave cell site for your house. This requires a home Internet connection to work, but they work really well.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Duckman2008 posted:

Edit: Sprint now has a specific email on restoring upgrades: upgraderestore@sprint.com

http://www.goodandevo.net/2011/06/sprint-sets-up-new-inbox-to-take-htc-evo-upgrade-requests.html

Just a personal note, I emailed this email around noon today, still waiting on a response. I emailed sprintcares and 20 minutes later I got a response.

Has anybody gotten a response from this e-mail. It appears the source of this blog is some dude named Art.

jfff
Oct 27, 2003
indeed

Duckman2008 posted:

New Promo! Until mid July ish, Sprint is offering a free 300 minutes to the $69 data plan. It is not a manual update, so you MUST call in to get it, or just PM me and I will add it. This may not apply to EPRP.
What was the final verdict on this for EPRP customers?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

You are listed as eligible for a full upgrade on July 1st? If so just PM me last name and cell #, I'll bump the upgrade to today.

You have a PM, thanks for being awesome like that.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IOwnCalculus posted:

You have a PM, thanks for being awesome like that.

You are now eligible. If you get a survey please say "yes" to ready now service and "very satisfied." Otherwise they fire me :)

I asked the rep who I had bump it about the 300 bonus minutes and EPRP, and she said that EPRP doesn't get the 300 bonus minutes. Sorry guys.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I can't get more satisfied than that. Thanks!

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
My contract officially ends on July 7. At the moment I'm about 60/40 on staying with sprint or jumping over to ATT with my girlfriend.

Is there any chance they would change my account to EPRP or would I have to close and then open a new one? I don't really mind thaaaat much because I've been wanting to change my number anyway, but just getting it switched without all that hassle would probably solidify me staying with sprint and praying that we get an iphone one day.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
So can we order the Evo 3D in a few minutes? Just on the Sprint.com site or what?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

tuckfard posted:

My contract officially ends on July 7. At the moment I'm about 60/40 on staying with sprint or jumping over to ATT with my girlfriend.

Is there any chance they would change my account to EPRP or would I have to close and then open a new one? I don't really mind thaaaat much because I've been wanting to change my number anyway, but just getting it switched without all that hassle would probably solidify me staying with sprint and praying that we get an iphone one day.

Just to check, do you qualify for a monthly discount? And they wouldn't let you go to eprp, last I checked they sometimes do retentions things like $15 off monthly for 12 months. Haven't seen that much recently though (but its also not my department at all). You could port out and in to get eprp.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Triikan posted:

You don't have to sign anything.

I had SERO for 2.5 years. Ordered online, got phone shipped to me, and didn't step foot into a store until the Evo came out.

So you can renew the contract without singing anything? If so, that's good news! Is it relatively idiot-proof? I've always done business through the store but if it's really as easy as logging on and following some directions I don't see a reason I have to drive to a store. I'm just worried that I'll be unable to figure out how to activate the phone and kick myself in the rear end. Are there any advantages to going to a store versus doing it over the internet to change out phones?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Myrddin Emrys posted:

So can we order the Evo 3D in a few minutes? Just on the Sprint.com site or what?

I was wondering this myself. We're past midnight EST, I would have thought they'd put it up with the rollover if they were going to before sometime midday on the 21st.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Duckman2008 posted:

Just to check, do you qualify for a monthly discount? And they wouldn't let you go to eprp, last I checked they sometimes do retentions things like $15 off monthly for 12 months. Haven't seen that much recently though (but its also not my department at all). You could port out and in to get eprp.

Not to my knowledge. I'm an unemployed dude, though I still have a university email address.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

a shameful boehner posted:

I was wondering this myself. We're past midnight EST, I would have thought they'd put it up with the rollover if they were going to before sometime midday on the 21st.

Maybe midnight Pacific?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nope, now. Link just got posted on the Sprint community but it bitches about EPRP.

Link so you can all avoid the cesspool of the Sprint forum: http://www.sprint.com/ftbredbud29

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 21, 2011

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Just ordered. Hopefully it'll come Wednesday.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Is there a way to change shipping or do I just have to go with the Free option they give?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

quote:

Uh...I'm a Premier Gold member on SERO, and I'm getting this message:

quote:

We're sorry, but the number you entered has been identified as part of the Everything Plus Referral Program (formerly Sprint Exclusive Referral Offer/SERO). Please visit https://www.sprint.com/everythingplus to complete your Everything Plus phone upgrade, or you may call an Everything Plus sales representative by phone at 1-888-882-4030 to place your order.

That URL doesn't have the 3D. What gives?

This is still happening for me this morning. Can anyone tell me why this is preventing from exercising my upgrade option for the 3D?

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jun 21, 2011

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Looks like EPRP and SP private stores don't want to play nice with each other. :sigh:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

spidoman posted:

Is there a way to change shipping or do I just have to go with the Free option they give?

I didn't see any other options for shipping...I'm just being hopeful.

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
calling the number leads to nowhere, they are telling me I cant order it because there is no phone to order till the 24th.. gonna try again and see from a different rep.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Stevie Lee posted:

I didn't see any other options for shipping...I'm just being hopeful.

Yeah same here, I'm leaving town Friday morning so I'm really hoping it comes Wednesday or Thursday. But I can take one more trip with my old Hero.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Hopefully I get enough time off between shifts Friday to drive to the Sprint campus and pick one up if they even have any :ohdear:. I can't take much more of my pre being a complete piece of poo poo lately.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
And now the site's down, I guess maybe to correct the circular EPRP upgrade issue?

Getimmaaw
Dec 22, 2006
I hope so, I just got told by a sprint rep that because I am Eprp I pay less than the regular sprint customerso i dont qualify..

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe
Hey the page is back up because I ordered!

deluxeg
Jan 19, 2001
It keep's timing out for me after I select the phone.

Edit: Finally got through and ordered!

deluxeg fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jun 21, 2011

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

fknlo posted:

Hopefully I get enough time off between shifts Friday to drive to the Sprint campus and pick one up if they even have any :ohdear:. I can't take much more of my pre being a complete piece of poo poo lately.

If you're going to a Sprint store, I would avoid the campus one as it gets really busy. There's some that are really close (like the one at 135th and Metcalf next to Noodles and Co. and Pepperjax)

edit: and this will be especially true considering they're making the EVO 3D available to employees

torb main fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jun 21, 2011

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Ordered here too. Just noticed my apartment number is missing from the shipping address. MUTHAFUCK

e: on hold with a sedate but nice lady - ok as I typed this she came back, she called the shipping department and fixed the address. :buddy:

Having ordered it from Sprint, there now means there's one Evo 3D that will be chilling at an Omaha Best Buy (Crossroads) on release day without me being there to pick it up. I've already used the gift card on buying a camera so there really was no gain to getting it from Best Buy on launch day as opposed to getting it early (hopefully) with the one good Silver Premier perk.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jun 21, 2011

letsgoflyers81
Aug 7, 2003

C IS FOR COOKIE!
As of this morning the EVO 3D is available for preorder for $180 with free shipping from Amazon, Target, and Wirefly. I'm trying to figure out if any of them has an advantage over the others. I could probably get it a day or two earlier from Sprint, but I'd rather wait and save the $20.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
Duckman, sent you a PM re: upgrade date whenever you get a chance. I'm picking up in-store on Friday, so any time by then would be awesome! I guess I could just get them to do it on the spot, but hey whatever.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

sirbeefalot posted:

Duckman, sent you a PM re: upgrade date whenever you get a chance. I'm picking up in-store on Friday, so any time by then would be awesome! I guess I could just get them to do it on the spot, but hey whatever.

I got it, and should be able to take care of it later tonight. On a business trip (the day my store gets audited and 3 days before 3D launch of course), so checking PMs on the go is harder.

McGrady
Jun 27, 2003

The greatest lurker of all the lower class lurkers.
College Slice
I have a discount through my employer, can I get the 3D and the 18% off the plans now? I don't see how to do this through the store at this time. I'm not currently a sprint user.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Alman posted:

If you're going to a Sprint store, I would avoid the campus one as it gets really busy. There's some that are really close (like the one at 135th and Metcalf next to Noodles and Co. and Pepperjax)

edit: and this will be especially true considering they're making the EVO 3D available to employees

Can they handle EPRP stuff? I just got used to going to the store on campus from when I was an employee and none of the stores near me could ever do anything for me. The one at 135th and Metcalf would be awesome because I live/work near it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002

letsgoflyers81 posted:

As of this morning the EVO 3D is available for preorder for $180 with free shipping from Amazon, Target, and Wirefly. I'm trying to figure out if any of them has an advantage over the others. I could probably get it a day or two earlier from Sprint, but I'd rather wait and save the $20.

Yeah I setup an order through the sprint page. Then saw how much sales tax is for 2 phones. So I just ordered through amazon. I'll probably pay an upgrade fee but the 20 bucks off phone price should help cover that and no tax.