Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.
Update for all of you: looks like telesales is accepting orders for the 3D. Getting it ordered right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Back of the Bus posted:

Update for all of you: looks like telesales is accepting orders for the 3D. Getting it ordered right now.

Ask them if they are shipping out before Friday.

Back of the Bus
Aug 15, 2004

Pimpin' ain't easy when yo ride's full of schoolchildren.

The Entire Universe posted:

Ask them if they are shipping out before Friday.

The rep said they might be backordered, but will be shipped between today and friday.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Back of the Bus posted:

The rep said they might be backordered, but will be shipped between today and friday.

Well that's very hopeful news, maybe I will get it before Friday...

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
So if I order a 3d through sprint, can i swap the phone between lines on my family plan? the primary number is eligible for an upgrade but my secondary number needs the phone.

The shopping cart page says this:

You can change the rate plan and add on services once the upgraded phone is activated.
SIM Card included in your new device must remain in the device (swapping is prohibited).

Seems odd to me, but there's no mail in rebate they can keep.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

letsgoflyers81 posted:

Call Sprint to have one of the other lines on your account made primary so you're just secondary. Then you and your wife need to go to a Sprint store and do a transfer of liability so your line will move to her account and change it to a family plan.

Thanks for the info. Forgot we'd have to migrate to a family plan; it sounds like transitioning means we're going to have to pay $10/more per month for our old smartphones, thus making it almost $30 more than we pay now. I know I'm not slicing the pie 4 ways now but christ this sucks. Will I at least be able to save my upgrade for a phone that I actually care about (I don't like any of the current ones)

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

How does sprint.com calculate sales tax? I really want to order the 3D but it's charging me around 11.5% when the tax rate here is 8.75%.

butterflyarashi
Oct 31, 2009
Sorry if I am changing the subject. I haven't seen anything on here, but is there something wrong with the visual voicemail? My brother and I both have Evo's and his is messing up. I get more texts than calls so I don't know if mine is or not lol.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Weird. On the phone with Sprint right now. I got a call at like noon on my cell from them where they had me repeat every single goddamn textbox in the order form to them on the phone. I felt like they were trying to trip me up or something.

Then, at 1:30 or so, my PARENTS got a call from Sprint (their number was on the account previously) saying my order was in danger of being canceled unless I called them back immediately. I called the number they gave in the voicemail, and it's Chase Bank's support line. That was a very confusing conversation, since they didn't open with "thank you for calling Chase", they just asked for my account number, which they then confirmed was the same thing as my cell number. :psyduck:

Anyway, I have no idea what the gently caress is going on, and neither do they.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
Does anyone know how upgrading at a BestBuy store works with a Sprint family plan? I'm worried because I'm in Seattle right now, while my principle is in NC. I have all her info (code/social security). I preordered my Evo 3d under my real name, so I can't even pretend to be her when I go there on Friday.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Rurutia posted:

Does anyone know how upgrading at a BestBuy store works with a Sprint family plan? I'm worried because I'm in Seattle right now, while my principle is in NC. I have all her info (code/social security). I preordered my Evo 3d under my real name, so I can't even pretend to be her when I go there on Friday.

She can create an sub-account for you on the website that has upgrading rights, I don't know why there would be complications if she did that for you.

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009

spidoman posted:

She can create an sub-account for you on the website that has upgrading rights, I don't know why there would be complications if she did that for you.

I have an account on the website with upgrading rights, I didn't think BestBuy really cared about that though?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Rurutia posted:

I was going to ask almost the same question. I am not on the main line (my wife is), but I want to pick up a 3D for her using my son's upgrade. We preorder it, but does the main person have to pick it up?

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Got a free airave in the mail today and got it all hooked up. Do you have to contact sprint and have these activated? The mobile light has been blinking green for almost an hour now. According to the manual it's still trying to access a connection, but I am wondering if they need activated.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
So Sprint was offering me some kind of extra credit for me for upgrading a phone, which they noted on my account for when I actually upgraded. Now that I have, what do I have to do in order to claim it? It was some additional credit beyond the normal 2 year upgrade, for $50 I think.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I also have an airwave question. I heard they hook up to your internet connection. Does it use your bandwidth, or is that just to get some info from the internet? My roommate gets no reception in my basement, So I was thinkin about getting one for her, but not if it sucks up all my giggalobytes.

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

RodShaft posted:

I also have an airwave question. I heard they hook up to your internet connection. Does it use your bandwidth, or is that just to get some info from the internet? My roommate gets no reception in my basement, So I was thinkin about getting one for her, but not if it sucks up all my giggalobytes.

It uses a certain amount if a Sprint phone is accessing data over 1x or EVDO. Also a small amount for voice calls as well

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
My Evo 3D just shipped, estimated delivery tomorrow. Sprint owns.

tikan
Apr 30, 2009
Quick question, cousin is on Sprint and needs a new android phone, which is best at the moment?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Stevie Lee posted:

drat, I wish I was more patient when I decided to order from Amazon. Ironically, my lack of patience is now going to require patience - I can't expect my phone for a week.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

tikan posted:

Quick question, cousin is on Sprint and needs a new android phone, which is best at the moment?

Have you literally read NONE of the last 3 pages of this thread?

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
Is sprint.com taking a poo poo or what?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Stevie Lee posted:

I think everyone else who ordered just crashed the server, it's error 500ing for me when I'm trying to check :(

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
Mine says the order is not valid now :( Sprint what did you do?!

tikan
Apr 30, 2009

Ozmodiar posted:

Have you literally read NONE of the last 3 pages of this thread?

I quite literally read not one post in this thread, thats why it was a quick question awaiting a one phone answer.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Try again. It's being super weird for me, but it looks to be working now. (Still hasn't shipped for me :( )

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
My 3deez have shipped as well. They will be here by end of day tomorrow.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Mine too. Nice to hear that there are shipping confirmations already, though.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

spidoman posted:

Try again. It's being super weird for me, but it looks to be working now. (Still hasn't shipped for me :( )

Sweet it's back. Also not shipped though.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

tikan posted:

I quite literally read not one post in this thread, thats why it was a quick question awaiting a one phone answer.

evo3d, use the link posted upthread to order early-it officially launches on friday

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Choicecut posted:

My 3deez have shipped as well. They will be here by end of day tomorrow.

When did you put in your order if you don't mind me asking?

I put mine in at about 8am CST today (21st) and am wondering if I am to expect a delivery tomorrow.

My Epic was delivered the following day but because I have an extra chromosome I forgot to put my apartment number in my address on my account so it took 2 days.

Hopefully they ship out of KC. That's like 3 hours drive from Omaha even at geezer speeds.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Hopefully they ship out of KC. That's like 3 hours drive from Omaha even at geezer speeds.

Still no shipping confirmation for me :ohdear:

If they ship from KC I might get it pretty quick since I live here.

tikan
Apr 30, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

evo3d, use the link posted upthread to order early-it officially launches on friday

Thanks m8, I'll pass it along.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Sprint site is having serious problems for me.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Jeratain posted:

What cases are people ordering for their EVO3Ds? I'm looking for something thin and light that will protect it (e.g.: Incipio Feather). That camera area is going to scratch easily as has been indicated in all the previews.

This because I don't have butterfingers and argyle owns http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053G6FPU

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
"Status: We were in the process of receiving inventory for the EVO 3D at our warehouse, so your order, or a portion of your order, may temporarily show in a backorder status. This will not change our delivery commitment to you and you can continue to expect your EVO 3D to arrive within 2 to 5 business days based on date of order. If you have any questions, please call 866-789-8292 between 8:00 a.m. EST to 11:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday or 9:00 a.m. EST to 9:00 p.m. EST on Saturdays and Sundays."

From my order status page.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Haha gently caress it's gonna be 2 weeks before I see the thing if I order on friday, isn't it

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I'm holding out for a kickstand case.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
I'm not getting a 3D as I just got my Shift. I'm just chiming in to say I got my system update message today for Android :)

I also discovered something pretty lovely. You can't change the account for Google Talk without resetting the phone to factory settings. Since we switched our email system at work to gmail, I was hoping to change my account to that one. I guess calendar is the same way but I used it for the first time with my work email, so that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

When did you put in your order if you don't mind me asking?

I ordered mine around 12:30 last night, right after the page went up.