Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Luisfe posted:

Hell, wasn't it TWO shots of the best 9mm available?

A weak rear end nine is still a weak rear end nine.

:ocelot::clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Elliotw2 posted:

Oh, that IRC log reminds me, the Wattz Laser Rifle doesn't quite work with iron sights. Whenever I try and aim down it's sight, it doesn't properly move to the position. It may be the weapon animation replacement mod I'm using, but every other gun works fine.

Which one? I dunno what is what any more, so you'll have to reference it by the Armory's name.

BrainGlitch
Jan 14, 2007

Good sir, you can't pay me enough to go to France while our countries are at war!
Anyone know if there's a way to nerf the explorer perk a bit? Ideally it'd be cool to split it into stages to unlock only some of the markers at a time. Naky believes it's probably hardcoded and therefore cannot be changed but I figured it'd be worth asking.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

BrainGlitch posted:

Anyone know if there's a way to nerf the explorer perk a bit? Ideally it'd be cool to split it into stages to unlock only some of the markers at a time. Naky believes it's probably hardcoded and therefore cannot be changed but I figured it'd be worth asking.

I'd guess it's hardcoded, but check out the perk, maybe they do it via a script in which case you could.

Talkie Toaster
Jan 23, 2006
May contain carcinogens

BrainGlitch posted:

It just calls ShowAllMapMarkers, which isn't a very flexible function.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

:ocelot::clint:

I didn't even need to look at the poster to know who posted this.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Naky posted:

Which one? I dunno what is what any more, so you'll have to reference it by the Armory's name.

Yeah, it's called the Wattz Laser Rifle in Armory. It's a Laser Carbine with a red dot on it, it seems.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Oh, I thought you were calling an existing gun in the pack something else. That gun's not in the pack, so it's from another mod you have dude.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Capn Beeb posted:

Benny's a businessman so offer a return value of 4,44 times what he invested. Thump-Thump courier services delivers.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Naky posted:

Oh, I thought you were calling an existing gun in the pack something else. That gun's not in the pack, so it's from another mod you have dude.

Hmm, I'll have to dig through poo poo then, oh well.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
I can't find the dresser in the armory. Can anybody post a screenshot? I'm worried mine isn't working correctly.

All the quests with Sunny are also broken from the Armory. I managed to do the first (shooting out back) by disabling it, but then the second quest broke right after I re-enabled it. She always says "let's wait and talk about this later" or something along those lines. It's pretty odd.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

All the quests with Sunny are also broken from the Armory. I managed to do the first (shooting out back) by disabling it, but then the second quest broke right after I re-enabled it. She always says "let's wait and talk about this later" or something along those lines. It's pretty odd.
Can you post your load order? The ESM to our knowledge doesn't touch any quest scripts.

The cabinet also requires you to enable the cabinet ESP to see it. The cabinets are behind the Prospector Saloon.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble
Ok, I installed The Armory and Project Nevada... and I've got these wierd 'MOD-TA' items that I can buy from the Gun Runners (and other merchants, I assume). How the heck do I get these onto my Armory weapons? I have an HK 417, but when I open the 'Mod' panel for it, I've got nothing but blank space. Is this an interface glitch, or am I just a retard? I want my compensator and :krad: EOTech... :(

EDIT:

Deleuzionist posted:

Thump-Thump courier services delivers.

Thump-Thump is the best unique weapon that you can get for little or no effort- I have one-shotted entire packs of Cazadors and Lakelurks with it, murdered Caesar and all his Praetorian Guards in three shots, and just generally wrecked the hell out of everyone. That gun is brokenly good.

SilentW fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 27, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Not every mod works for every gun. Use the HTML database as a reference for which mod goes on what. Use this.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Naky posted:

Not every mod works for every gun. Use the HTML database as a reference for which mod goes on what. Use this.

Yeah, but the mods I'm trying to use are dubbed 'universal' in that list, I already checked. Is there some special place I have to go to get the 'MOD-TA' ones installed?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Well, they're universal in that a silencer modkit from The Armory will work on pistols, assault rifles, sniper rifles, etc but that doesn't mean they'll work on any and everything. Basically, for a pack this big we eliminated individual mods where-ever we could and just standardized it. Makes sense, as I really don't want to be making 100 unique silencer entries.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Just curious for you cool Armory guys (Naky specifically), are all the models taken from various places, or are there any original models?

Just asking because I was considering offering a paypal for a specific gun to be modeled & skinned (with the original mesh available for editing in modelling programs in case I ever figure out how to help Naky import models into Stalker, as well as help myself in the same).

Also, just uploaded a mod for those who want less load-order crunch:

Better Health

It's a combination of several mods that ends up doing the following:
*Implements DT resistance similar to the old Fallouts. Should be compatible with a wide variety of armor mods, etc. since it just changes a single variable.
*Health made more 'realistic' but still very balanced
*Each body part of every npc and creature takes a certain amount of damage. Headshots similar to those of 'Better Headshots' and 'Realistic Headshots'.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
The models come from all over. Some are original meshes and textures made by various people including myself and safetyhammer on the team, some are taken from commercial games, a lot come from FPSBanana as mods for various games that are not necessarily Source engine games, and some are literally 'Frankenstein' guns that were pieced together with parts from other guns. Those that don't meet quality standards, we try to improve here and there where we can by either redoing the textures (several textures in the pack were redone by us though we're no Arenovalis to be sure), redoing the UV mapping, or modifying/fixing the original meshes where necessary. The most common fix is taking a weapon that's all in one piece and exporting/importing/exporting/importing from nifskope/3D app/nifskope so we can separate all the animate-able bits like magazines, charging handles, etc. So many resources out there are all in one piece...

We're working on a few more original weapons right now. Safetyhammer, Internet Friend, and myself are submitting meshes for a .50BMG pistol concept to throw into the mod, and safety's got a few more projects on his place for the mod as well that you all may enjoy.

Why, which gun are you looking for?

edit: by the way, I haven't given up. I signed up for the student edition of Maya and basically have to get the SDK set up at some point and then dive into figuring out what I need to do to convert The Armory's best assets into STALKER.

Naky fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jun 27, 2011

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

Why, which gun are you looking for?

edit: by the way, I haven't given up. I signed up for the student edition of Maya and basically have to get the SDK set up at some point and then dive into figuring out what I need to do to convert The Armory's best assets into STALKER.

I haven't given up either. I'll let you know what I find since now that my mod is almost done I have more time to explore other things. I'll look into seeing if there are plugins for other programs as well as a decent tutorial on importing them into Stalker.

Regarding the gun I'm looking for, I'm finding I have a sudden hard-on for the Vz.58 assault rifle.
I know many just think either 'meh, just another AK knockoff' or 'it looks ugly' but I like it a lot for a variety of reasons...plus I'm buying one so I want one to mess with inside games :P

Edit: I seriously can't wait for EVE:NV to be released any longer. Luckily it will be done soon (the 1st).
Take a look at some more of the new gore he did: http://i.imgur.com/CsX7l.jpg

Swartz fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jun 27, 2011

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Naky posted:

student edition of Maya
Not to derail this into a software argument, but for the purpose of game poly modeling try Max instead. 3Point Shader Lite for better realtime shader previews, better control over projection cages(export/remodel/import) and most importantly an easier non-destructive workflow using the Modifier Stack.

I also prefer smoothing groups to hard/soft edge tools and Graphite Modeling Tools to the Live Surface for retopo but that's just personal preference. Not to mention Set Flow, GeoPoly and Planar align for keeping edges tidy. Though I suspect there are Maya scripts to do those functions.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I've used Lightwave since version 4, so gently caress Max/Maya/Blender/Milkshape, etc :)

I apparently need Maya for the import/export for STALKER, I think, so I hope the 2010/11/12 editions are okay to do so since that's what I can get student passes for.

edit: errr, Swartz, take a look at the Chechen AK in The Armory. I think it may be what you're looking for? I didn't know what model it was, but it may very well be the vz. 58.

Naky fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jun 27, 2011

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

Naky posted:

We're working on a few more original weapons right now. Safetyhammer, Internet Friend, and myself are submitting meshes for a .50BMG pistol concept to throw into the mod...

:swoon: This will be the only loving weapon I use throughout an entire game and a half if you do this.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Naky posted:

I've used Lightwave since version 4, so gently caress Max/Maya/Blender/Milkshape, etc :)
Man even Lightwave's creators realized it's a cantankerous relic at this point and jumped ship to create Modo from the ground up. It's apparently fantastic for subd modeling, but unless they start handing out student copies like big bad Autodesk I wouldn't know.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
^^^ I'm not an active 3D artist any more, sadly. I learned my craft 12 years ago, and abandoned it during the dot com crash. So I'm a crotchety old man using an old 3D app.

Evoq posted:

:swoon: This will be the only loving weapon I use throughout an entire game and a half if you do this.

I've finished mine for quite some time, including the UV mapping, but safety's been busy so it doesn't have a texture. I even did up three mods for it as well. Also keep in mind that we're all ignoring real life physics or plausibility here...

The three mods are the compensator, the hydraulic recoil system that probably wouldn't do diddly poo poo, and the nub under the barrel is a laser pointing system that when 'activated' shows the laser, but is otherwise off.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007

Naky posted:

The three mods are the compensator, the hydraulic recoil system that probably wouldn't do diddly poo poo, and the nub under the barrel is a laser pointing system that when 'activated' shows the laser, but is otherwise off.

I love this.

So much.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Safety's is a very retro Fallout feeling 3 shot cylinder pistol that will be hell to animate but awesome to use too.

I have no idea what IF has come up with yet.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

My concept was a chunky single-shot thing using the laser pistol animation to load through the rear instead of being break action for a change. I didn't like the overall shape of the thing so I'm going back to the drawing board on it.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:
Don't think I've seen this one mentioned: CR-HD Combat Ranger Armor Retexture

This is how the NCR Rangers should have looked by default, IMO. Great texture work on the coat and helmet. There's also a variant for the Desert Ranger gear from Honest Hearts.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Naky posted:

edit: errr, Swartz, take a look at the Chechen AK in The Armory. I think it may be what you're looking for? I didn't know what model it was, but it may very well be the vz. 58.

I guess I had passed over that one before.

It looks like it might be an attempt at one, but it doesn't look the way it should. Looks too much like an AK still and has a weird thing over the lower grip, and some other wrong parts. It may be a different gun entirely.

Oh well, I'll learn modeling and make my own :D

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Swartz posted:

I guess I had passed over that one before.

It looks like it might be an attempt at one, but it doesn't look the way it should. Looks too much like an AK still and has a weird thing over the lower grip, and some other wrong parts. It may be a different gun entirely.

Oh well, I'll learn modeling and make my own :D

Yeah, I looked at it a few minutes ago and was wondering what the gently caress I was thinking of when I mentioned it. Eh, with this many guns everything's a goddamned blur now.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Just a head's up, a new build for Requiem for the Capital Wasteland should be up tomorrow. I guess the Nexus was crapping out when they went to upload it tonight. Sounds like a lot of good fixes, including maybe no longer needing to start the game using a custom save.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Does anyone know of a mod that removes that obnoxious zoom effect when you bring up iron sights? I found exactly one mod to do this on nexus and it is broken and also dicks around with the stats of all the weapons for no reason :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Seashell Salesman posted:

Does anyone know of a mod that removes that obnoxious zoom effect when you bring up iron sights? I found exactly one mod to do this on nexus and it is broken and also dicks around with the stats of all the weapons for no reason :(

Change the zoom FOV on all weapons to 70 with the exception of ones with scopes.

I don't suggest this for various reasons.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Change the zoom FOV on all weapons to 70 with the exception of ones with scopes.

I don't suggest this for various reasons.

Why not and is there a better way?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I'm having trouble with nevada skies, it works fine beyond the fact that in certain weather types my characters skin will look like it's in shadow while his gun and armour appear properly lit. It seems to only happen on really bright, clear conditions with lots of colour, but it treats my dudes skin and face like it's an overcast day. Really annoying.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

SilentW posted:

Thump-Thump is the best unique weapon that you can get for little or no effort- I have one-shotted entire packs of Cazadors and Lakelurks with it, murdered Caesar and all his Praetorian Guards in three shots, and just generally wrecked the hell out of everyone. That gun is brokenly good.

Thump-Thump: my flares are powder gangers

turgon
Aug 18, 2003

I think I'm lost
I'm having a slight problem too. Everything runs fine for me in Nevada skies except I assume when it rains there's supposed to be um, rain. I've been in two rain storms with the sound effects and everything else, just no rain. Dust storms don't seem as extreme as some of the screen shots I've seen either.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Seashell Salesman posted:

Why not and is there a better way?

1: FOV of 70 isn't exactly a global setting in the game. That and there is no such thing as smooth zooming in the Gamebryo engine.
2: You could try a mod that changes the viewpoints on all meshes to default to the gun being front and center.

Safety Hammer
Sep 14, 2007
If we're showing off upcoming content, here's what I'm working on at the moment. This is the untextured mesh, but the texture's about 70% done as of this posting.

After that I'm doing a texture for Naky's gun, then my gun:

Then I have to re do the texture for an Auto 9. I think that's all I've got on my list so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow

turgon posted:

I'm having a slight problem too. Everything runs fine for me in Nevada skies except I assume when it rains there's supposed to be um, rain. I've been in two rain storms with the sound effects and everything else, just no rain. Dust storms don't seem as extreme as some of the screen shots I've seen either.

This is just a guess, but did you install the Data files for Nevada Skies? I'm using NSkies URWLified for Honest Hearts, and the install process was:
-Data files
-The ESP
-Cloudpack

in that order. If that's not it, then I'm not quite sure, are they near the bottom of your load order?