Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Myrddin Emrys posted:

Same here. First few days I was lucky to get 10 hours with light to moderate, yesterday I got 14 with heavy usage (was at Six Flags and played Game Prix Story and trivia games through the lines,
Since it was brought up, can anyone recommend a trivia game reminiscent of Trivial Pursuit? More like its choice of topics, not moving around a game board.

I already picked up Bible Quiz - Who am I?, but I want something my hellbound friends can play.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
I completely forgot about YDNJ. Is that franchise still in existence?

goku chewbacca fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 27, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

zer0spunk posted:

please tell me you shot 3d video while on a ride?

We seriously tried but the staff told us not to :( If I could have found a stealth way to do it that I felt comfortable doing without losing my phone, I would have.

We took some 3D video of the rides passing overhead but most of the time they were too far away to really benefit from 3D (though the supporting beams in the foreground were pretty neat)

goku chewbacca posted:

Since it was brought up, can anyone recommend a trivia game reminiscent of Trivial Pursuit? More like its choice of topics, not moving around a game board.

I already picked up Bible Quiz - Who am I?, but I want something my hellbound friends can play.
I'd actually like to know this too but the only thing we found was some crappy freeware movie trivia game (and like 100 other trivia games by the same guy). I really want a "You Don't Know Jack" or something for Android.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

goku chewbacca posted:

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
I completely forgot about YDNJ. Is that franchise still in existence?

Console version 2/28/11

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00498PSZQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is there any way to for each the reactivation process other than activating a different phone and then activating this one again. It's my last attempt to fix my sms/mms problems before calling Sprint.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

Duckman2008 posted:

I'm assuming you haven't ported the number yet (which is more than fine). When the phone comes in you call Sprint and have them port your number. After that, you go to sprint.com/switchtosprint and register for youe credit. The 72 hours is from time of port, so don't fret missing that due to shipping.

When I signed up I gave them my Verizon information on the website so I assumed they handled it. How do I start the actual port?

FlyingCheese fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jun 27, 2011

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
So I just installed Netflix on my EVO 3D and it worked like a charm! :hellyeah:

I have to say I'm really starting to warm up to the 3D. Once you get used to it, it feels almost natural.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
My only complaint so far is hitting the Home/Menu/Back/Search buttons by accident while I'm trying to do something else, but I suppose I just need to learn how to hold my phone properly. Everyone I have shown the 3D effect to so far is blown away by it.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

sonicice posted:

My only complaint so far is hitting the Home/Menu/Back/Search buttons by accident while I'm trying to do something else, but I suppose I just need to learn how to hold my phone properly. Everyone I have shown the 3D effect to so far is blown away by it.

Yeah, today I showed the phone to a bunch of jaded developers at work and they were amazed and actually said "I think I need to get one of these immediately".

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

sonicice posted:

I don't have my 3D yet, but I have the same issue with my 4G. Its why I hate capacitance buttons. They look nice, but they are too easy to press by accident.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe
I just did a prop delivery at Disneyland and the guy at the security desk spent more time chatting with me about the 3D than actually making sure I was legit supposed to be there. :c00l:

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Does the 3D effect work if you play a random .AVI file or something?

For those of you that switched over from the 4G, overall how significant of an improvement or difference would you say it is? I gotta say, I don't think I'm a fan of the different form factor, I kind of like the wider display on the 4G.

Evil Crouton
Oct 4, 2004

The Amish scare me

Alman posted:

So I just installed Netflix on my EVO 3D and it worked like a charm! :hellyeah:

I still have an Evo 4G and has there been any fix released for Netflix? Mine hasn't worked since the 2.3 update.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

visuvius posted:

For those of you that switched over from the 4G, overall how significant of an improvement or difference would you say it is? I gotta say, I don't think I'm a fan of the different form factor, I kind of like the wider display on the 4G.

It's there, but if I hadn't broken my 4G, I would probably still be using it. The 3D is an excellent phone but the 4G really isn't that much behind.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

Evil Crouton posted:

I still have an Evo 4G and has there been any fix released for Netflix? Mine hasn't worked since the 2.3 update.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1076150&page=202 That's the one I used, not sure if it'll work on the o.g. EVO though

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG
Is the media speaker volume really low for anyone else? I have it at the highest setting, and it's still lower than my Pre was. And speakerphone seems to be really quiet, too.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
Just pulled the trigger on the 3D. I'm still hunting for a docking station. The best info I can find is that Best Buy was selling one but that they're out of stock. Anyone else find a docking station?

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Myrddin Emrys posted:

I really want a "You Don't Know Jack" or something for Android.

That would be amazing...

Alman posted:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1076150&page=202 That's the one I used, not sure if it'll work on the o.g. EVO though

Sigh. Still doesn't work on my Xoom.

Ozmodiar fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 27, 2011

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
So I just got my phone in and I'm trying to activate it. When I go to plug in my phone number (or serial number) at sprint.com/activate it says "Sorry, this account has been cancelled or closed."

What do I do? Should I call from my old verizon phone? Would that even work?

FlyingCheese fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 27, 2011

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Well I'm on my second Evo 3d. This afternoon my phone rebooted itself out of the blue and then it went to the Sprint screen for a few seconds then the screen went black and the menu keys were lit up. I pulled the battery and it did the same thing over and over. I took it back to radio shack and they gave me a brand new one no questions asked. The good thing is I got a twenty five dollar refund because I bought it in Vegas and the tax was 44 dollars and here in Phoenix where I returned it, it was only 19 dollars.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

How is it that us EPRP (and SERO I guess) people are so looked down upon by Sprint that we can't even activate different phones on the Sprint website without being told that we need a plan change, even if it's from one Android phone to another (and already having the Smartphone fee)?

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

visuvius posted:

Does the 3D effect work if you play a random .AVI file or something?

Sort of. If you have one of those side-by-side videos as an mp4, you can choose to play it in 3D from the menu.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Vykk.Draygo posted:

How is it that us EPRP (and SERO I guess) people are so looked down upon by Sprint that we can't even activate different phones on the Sprint website without being told that we need a plan change, even if it's from one Android phone to another (and already having the Smartphone fee)?

Huh? I've got SERO and I swapped my Evo for my 3D on the web site without any problems.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Just discovered pdanet. If I'm on an everything data plan, will I be capped at a certain number of gb of data use? The OP mentions some limits!

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Pfft, I don't see why only the European version of the 3d gets the gold camera, maybe not everyone loves a bright red accent?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Kreeblah posted:

Huh? I've got SERO and I swapped my Evo for my 3D on the web site without any problems.

Weird, some other people were complaining the other day, and when I tried to swap from EVO to Moment (it's all I have, shut up), it wanted a plan change.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

change my name posted:

You usually get about 18%-20% off the plan cost, aannddd maybe the phone's cheaper as well? I just paid 199 for the 3d on a 1 year contract when I did it through my school's plan for 18% off.

How did you get it on a 1yr contract?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Is there an option that if you get a phone call to have the keyboard already up? It's pretty annoying to have to hit the keyboard button then 1 for google voice calls.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

TLG James posted:

Is there an option that if you get a phone call to have the keyboard already up? It's pretty annoying to have to hit the keyboard button then 1 for google voice calls.

You could probably do this in Tasker but if you don't already have Tasker, it's probably not worth the money just to do this.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Yeah but if you buy tasker you'll find other sweet uses for it anyway.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

Sorry for the double post, but I find this very interesting. My EVO can no longer receive text messages or picture mail. I've tried it with CM7, a fresh install of Fresh, and a fresh install of rooted Stock, and it doesn't work on any of them. I've done a PRL update and Profile update a few times, and I installed the newest radios, but nothing has fixed it. I switched my account to a Samsung Moment I have laying around and texting works fine, which pretty much puts this solely on my phone and not on my service. Is it possible for something hardware-wise to keep messages from coming in? I can still receive them via Google Voice (I'm integrated but I've tried disabling it) but not the normal way. It is completely baffling me. I'm out of my warranty period and don't have TEP so if it's somehow a hardware issue I'd guess I'm SOL.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

chupacabraTERROR posted:

You can when you renew, or some business contracts.

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

The battery life for the Evo 3D is amazing. I've been using it on and off for about 12 hours now and it's hitting 5% left. Any word on aftermarket batteries or the covers with kickstands yet? I'm tired of being extra paranoid with the phone until the cover I ordered from amazon arrives.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002
A line on my account just got an Evo 3D, and its still on Gingerbread 2.3.3 even with the newest update. Is there any way to get gchat with video working? Can I just install a gtalk.apk extracted from a miui.us or cm7 rom from an Evo4G? Android apps are designed to scale across different resolutions/pixel density, right?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The battery in my 3D has been fine from day 1. I'm at 16 hours right now with medium usage throughout the day and am at 40% battery left. My pre would often die with less than 15 hours of light/no use. Definitely no complaints from me.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

jerman999 posted:

Just discovered pdanet. If I'm on an everything data plan, will I be capped at a certain number of gb of data use? The OP mentions some limits!
Unlimited means unlimited.

But personally, I once got throttled down to 500kbps after I downloaded a couple of gigabytes as fast as I could.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

goku chewbacca posted:

A line on my account just got an Evo 3D, and its still on Gingerbread 2.3.3 even with the newest update. Is there any way to get gchat with video working? Can I just install a gtalk.apk extracted from a miui.us or cm7 rom from an Evo4G? Android apps are designed to scale across different resolutions/pixel density, right?

From what I've heard you can get a working apk, but there is no front camera support so...meh.

TLG James posted:

You can also just turn off the google voice Press 1 requirement, it seems like double call screening, which I didn't find to be really necessary for myself.

Sudden Loud Noise fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jun 28, 2011

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

After being a cell phone Luddite for most of my life, I've finally reached a social status where my pre-paid plan with AT&T is officially around 60 bucks per month. It's time I get a real smart phone with a real plan instead of this used iPhone 3G that is slow as hell and rather hilarious to pull out at bars with the addendum "oh, but I don't have data." I'm ready to take the dive into Sprint (which apparently has great service out here in San Francisco) and the EVO 3D, which meets my requirements of dual-core, 4G, Android, and awesome screen (AMOLED requirement deferred to S-LCD after discovering S-LCD is sharper, which I care about more than color values.)

My phone habits are mainly texting with light talk. I'd like unlimited data because I'm finally at the point where I travel enough to not be near free WiFi at every minute of the day. So, after reading the OP, it seems the cheapest plan possible I will get is 70 bucks per month using the ERP for 450 talk minutes with unlimited text and data. Does this still hold true or is there anything else I should know? One of my friends mentioned haggling at the Sprint Store (which I am going to go to to try out the EVO 3D in person, just to make sure I like it) but he said he could accomplish that because he had been a customer for a decade. What do you guys think?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DaveKap posted:

After being a cell phone Luddite for most of my life, I've finally reached a social status where my pre-paid plan with AT&T is officially around 60 bucks per month. It's time I get a real smart phone with a real plan instead of this used iPhone 3G that is slow as hell and rather hilarious to pull out at bars with the addendum "oh, but I don't have data." I'm ready to take the dive into Sprint (which apparently has great service out here in San Francisco) and the EVO 3D, which meets my requirements of dual-core, 4G, Android, and awesome screen (AMOLED requirement deferred to S-LCD after discovering S-LCD is sharper, which I care about more than color values.)

My phone habits are mainly texting with light talk. I'd like unlimited data because I'm finally at the point where I travel enough to not be near free WiFi at every minute of the day. So, after reading the OP, it seems the cheapest plan possible I will get is 70 bucks per month using the ERP for 450 talk minutes with unlimited text and data. Does this still hold true or is there anything else I should know? One of my friends mentioned haggling at the Sprint Store (which I am going to go to to try out the EVO 3D in person, just to make sure I like it) but he said he could accomplish that because he had been a customer for a decade. What do you guys think?

Not sure about the haggling but if I recall correctly the port-in credit is still going on, and you might just have a discount off the regular plans through your employer. I don't think the credit is available through EPRP and employer discounts certainly aren't, so you may want to weigh those options.

Also, you will loving love the 3D.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I just said it was through my school's sprint office, they only offer 1 year contracts.

Also this is just a minor nitpick, but does anyone else think it's dumb that the 3d's camera button is on the bottom, instead of the top? I can see it accidentally getting pressed if you're holding it upright. (Of course mine hasn't come yet so I have no idea how practical it actually is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Sorry for the double post, but I find this very interesting. My EVO can no longer receive text messages or picture mail. I've tried it with CM7, a fresh install of Fresh, and a fresh install of rooted Stock, and it doesn't work on any of them. I've done a PRL update and Profile update a few times, and I installed the newest radios, but nothing has fixed it. I switched my account to a Samsung Moment I have laying around and texting works fine, which pretty much puts this solely on my phone and not on my service. Is it possible for something hardware-wise to keep messages from coming in? I can still receive them via Google Voice (I'm integrated but I've tried disabling it) but not the normal way. It is completely baffling me. I'm out of my warranty period and don't have TEP so if it's somehow a hardware issue I'd guess I'm SOL.
The same thing happened on my Evo when I switched to Google Voice integration. Texts would come in only through Google Voice, not through Messaging. I turned off the Google Voice integration, though, and it worked fine.