Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dammit Who? posted:

He can't help, he has no arms :(

When all you have are shoes, everything looks like it needs a drat good kicking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Goddammit Robot, you stop this right now, you hear me? One minute you're spying on Kat from the rooftops, then the next minute you've got her hostage, acting out some kind of robot WACO in the quad.

I was kind of disappointed the Robot King didn't get to meet the elder robot. Oh, the faces he would have drawn!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I want to meet Lindsey's husband~

jfjnpxmy
Feb 23, 2011

by Lowtax

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I want to meet Lindsey's husband~

You don't, he's really crabby.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

jfjnpxmy posted:

He just needs to come out of his shell.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

jfjnpxmy posted:

He's crabby sure, but he's also the kind of guy who'd help you out if you're in a pinch.

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

Slime posted:

He's crabby sure, but he's also the kind of guy who'd help you out if you're in a pinch.

Nobody could call him shellfish.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wanna know why this is a worry now? Did the kids get caught up and in trouble over the Power Station expedition? (Any why do they need robots rather than just leave the decoy transmitter in their beds?)

Also yes I want to meet Bud.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
I wish Lindsay's husband was named Arthur.

Arthur Pod.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

MikeJF posted:

(Any why do they need robots rather than just leave the decoy transmitter in their beds?)

The tracers are on the robots, and they are using the decoys to pretend to be robots while the robots stay behind. If Lindsey sees both the robots and the kids leaving, she'll notice, and if the computers don't see robots leaving, they'll notice.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!

McGravin posted:

I wish Lindsay's husband was named Arthur.

Arthur Pod.

I hear he's a bit of hermit.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

MikeJF posted:

I wanna know why this is a worry now? Did the kids get caught up and in trouble over the Power Station expedition?

It's a worry because they don't want the Court keeping tabs on them when they sneak out and do cool stuff! Imagine if your parents put a homing device on you. Guarantee you'd be working out a way to fool or disable it, even if you never got in trouble.

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Jul 7, 2011

Pester
Apr 22, 2008

Maybe the court expects a certain amount of precocious ragamuffin exploration? Despite being traced at the time, nobody got caught going to the roof to watch the power station experiment, or wandering into the labyrinth, or sneaking off to catch the saboteurs of the science fair.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I assumed that the tracking is less used to red flag egregious movement violations then to come up as proof when something bad happens so the court can cover its rear end.

"Well little Jimmy did break his arm yesterday, but as you can clearly see by this log he was in an unauthorized area at the time, without permission, and clearly the court can't be held liable for such breaches of conduct."

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The tracers are on the robots, not the children. What sort of draconian, totalitarian, fascist school would put tracers on the students?

The only reason they're loving with the tracers is so that they can pretend to be robots.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

DontMockMySmock posted:

The tracers are on the robots, not the children. What sort of draconian, totalitarian, fascist school would put tracers on the students?

The only reason they're loving with the tracers is so that they can pretend to be robots.

So you don't remember when Jack discovered they were all trackable by the Court, then, or a single page ago when someone said point blank "Well, we found out the Court can track all our movements"?

You are the reason that the idiot notes get added to certain pages. Congrats!

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

Syrg Sapphire posted:

So you don't remember when Jack discovered they were all trackable by the Court, then, or a single page ago when someone said point blank "Well, we found out the Court can track all our movements"?

You are the reason that the idiot notes get added to certain pages. Congrats!

Well, then, this whole plot line is confusing me. Whatever!

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

MikeJF posted:

I wanna know why this is a worry now? Did the kids get caught up and in trouble over the Power Station expedition?

I think you're somewhat missing the point of teenagers sneaking out of their rooms at night. Totally kills it if you just, like... walk out.

And while the Court doesn't seem to take truancy or crazy technomagical shenanigans very seriously something probably would show up to stop 'em if they tripped off the security system. Even if it was just a goofy robot.

DontMockMySmock posted:

It's set in fantasy England.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

DontMockMySmock posted:

Well, then, this whole plot line is confusing me. Whatever!

The humans wear the suppressors and put the decoy transmitters on the robots, who presumably will then bumble around the dorms in a "beep boop I am a soft human" fashion. The girls then make their escape when the robots would normally leave. The tracking signals are still coming from the dorms and Lindsay has poor eyesight so she thinks they are the robots leaving.

Unrelated, but the bit about Kat on Tom's twitter page today is :psyduck: on multiple levels.

<edit> VVV I figured it was someone on the GC forums, I forgot that the comments section existed. Probably for the best.

Oneiros fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jul 8, 2011

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

The bit about her being flat chested is from a comment someone left on today's page. I think Tom's taking it pretty well considering I would probably just raze the comments section to the ground.

UnoriginalMind
Dec 22, 2007

I Love You
How am I not surprised that the internet is talking about the chests of 14 year-old fictional schoolgirls. Honestly, that's the only thing that keeps me from telling people about this comic sometimes. Because when you tell people you read a comic about adolescent schoolgirls, you get weird looks.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
If you're not following him on twitter:

Also,

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Elysiume posted:

Also,

B..but she has black hair and is in a webcomic! THAT IS INTERNATIONAL NERD CODE FOR ASIAN!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
Isn't she half-Indian? Isn't India part of Asia? Does any of this matter? :psyduck:

Maldraedior
Jun 16, 2002

YOU ARE AN ASININE MORT
I thought her mother was a gypsy

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Dodgeball posted:

Isn't she half-Indian? Isn't India part of Asia? Does any of this matter? :psyduck:

Scottish father, Romani mother, as pointed out on the very same Twitter.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Dodgeball posted:

Indians usually aren't referred to as Asian, so it's kind of a moot point.

v: Well I guess that would be more relevant to Tom, huh. I've never heard it in the US, my mistake.

edit: Haha

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jul 8, 2011

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Elysiume posted:

They are in the UK!

Elftor
Jan 10, 2003
The Romani people originally came from India, so Kat is Asian. That's why she likes building robots.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Elftor posted:

The Romani people originally came from India, so Kat is Asian. That's why she likes building robots.

The Indian people originally came from Africa, so Kat's clearly a

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Kat is descended from the monkey that discovered the fire that Antimony is descended from.

Best friends for all their past lives.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

MikeJF posted:

The Indian people originally came from Africa, so Kat's clearly a
~~GONGGGGGGG~~

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tupperwarez posted:

~~GONGGGGGGG~~

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
I really like how Annie's tryin to look all cool and stuff in front of Kat when they're talking about breaking the rules. Staying out all night? Ain't no thing. You're talking to someone who ran away and lived in the forest for vacation.

Tardstar
Feb 25, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Elysiume posted:

v: Well I guess that would be more relevant to Tom, huh. I've never heard it in the US, my mistake.

edit: Haha

When someone in the UK says "asian" they mean Pakistani or Indian. When talking about Chinese or Japanese in the UK there is two options 1) be horribly racist. 2) say Chinese or Japanese.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Or 3) we throw all caution to the wind and say "Asian" anyway, not caring who gets confused in the process.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Tardstar posted:

When someone in the UK says "asian" they mean Pakistani or Indian. When talking about Chinese or Japanese in the UK there is two options 1) be horribly racist. 2) say Chinese or Japanese.
That sounds confusing :saddowns:

edit: On further thought, I don't really clump India in with anything.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jul 10, 2011

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.
The Middle East and India can and often are referred to as West Asia. What ever happened to the Occident anyway? :allears:

Kismet
Jun 11, 2007

WeaponBoy posted:

What ever happened to the Occident anyway? :allears:

Oh, it was terrible - and completely unintentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Oh god I NEED a Renard upset face avatar