Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

while naky un-fucks the remaining resources and hopefully submits the final esm after doing that else i shave my head bald let me announce the major changes i will have a hand in contributing to in the armory 2.5:

-nearly all of the ranged weapons finally having mods and possibly some melee weapons too (don't get too excited, we'll probably just add silencers to everything and call it a day)
-reject weapons placed in random parts of the world with hosed-up physics possibly because i don't know how to place things in geck
-rare chance of various enemies getting much stronger weapons (ie. Fiends getting G3A4s, Vipers getting M60s and FN FALs, Powder Gangers with a rare chance to wield M1014s modified to fire 25mm grenades)
-massive arsenal overhaul for the Legion, expect them to have even more powerful guns! also they will field gatling guns outside the Hoover Dam.
-regular NCR soldiers even more poorly equipped
-Hoover Dam battle being 15% less bullshit; this is to compensate the rest of the game being significantly more bullshit
-this one is a secret to everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Naky posted:

Why would that piss me off? :) As far as I know, revolver reload animations don't exist on 2hauto or 2hrifle types. So you can have a revolver shotgun that's held like a pistol that'll look retarded even with a pistol grip instead of a stock.

To fix this, we need someone able to link the one hand revolver reload animations into an unused/mostly unused 2handrifle/auto slot and then tweak any issues afterwards.

I think safety hammer was going to attempt it, but he gets easily distracted and he'd be figuring it all out from scratch since none of us have heard anything from joefoxx or his protege of the Modern Combat Pistol Animation mod for FO3. joefoxx, I believe, is inactive now and the other dude probably just isn't interested in doing it.

That... All really sounds complicated and definitely time-consuming. :shobon: I think I'm just spoiled from Borderlands at this point though. The guns aren't real, but man are they sexy.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

If new guns and exploration is your thing, might I suggest AG Supplementary Uniques? It hand-places over 60 unique weapons to the Mojave. The nice thing is, all of the guns are moddable, and they're not "god weapons." You've got everything from ramshackle Mauser carbine "frankenguns" to AMRs rechambered for 20mm. In my opinion, the author's done a lot to make the guns look really interesting using predominately vanilla assets.
:aaa: Holy poo poo. Last time I checked this out, there were like a dozen or so guns, and they didn't have mods yet. He's put a ton of work into it since then.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

-massive arsenal overhaul for the Legion, expect them to have even more powerful guns! also they will field gatling guns outside the Hoover Dam.
:neckbeard: This might be what I'm looking forward to the most. Every time I see Legion clash with just about anybody, from the NCR to even just random traveling traders, they get annihilated. The same could be said for Powder Gangers, but I kind of expect that since they're so low on the food chain. The Legion is supposed to be terrifying, it'll be nice to see them living up to that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Horns posted:

:neckbeard: This might be what I'm looking forward to the most. Every time I see Legion clash with just about anybody, from the NCR to even just random traveling traders, they get annihilated. The same could be said for Powder Gangers, but I kind of expect that since they're so low on the food chain. The Legion is supposed to be terrifying, it'll be nice to see them living up to that.

Of course the Legion should also be poorly equipped, given their background. They should be numerous, durable and crazy, IMO. But that's beyond the scope of an Armory mod.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

The Lone Badger posted:

Of course the Legion should also be poorly equipped, given their background. They should be numerous, durable and crazy, IMO. But that's beyond the scope of an Armory mod.
The biggest problem is that they don't have as big as an HP boost as they should have to compensate for their poorer equipment, and various tweaks (headshot armor penetration mod, damage scaling) only further exacerbate the problem.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

while naky un-fucks the remaining resources and hopefully submits the final esm after doing that else i shave my head bald let me announce the major changes i will have a hand in contributing to in the armory 2.5:

The last two to integrate are up to safety hammer. I need his object files at the minimum while he continues doing whatever it is he does in procrastinating making textures :keke:

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Capn Beeb posted:

Sure, here you go:

Can you post the link to the TFR Ammo mod? I used it some time ago and it was amazing.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hey Naky, I don't know if you already got this, but the Magpul Massoud's sights are kind of screwed up. As in it doesn't really scope in.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Captain McStabbin posted:

Hey Naky, I don't know if you already got this, but the Magpul Massoud's sights are kind of screwed up. As in it doesn't really scope in.

Yeah, that's what I get for not having enough any testers :(

Noted, thanks.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Horns posted:

:aaa: Holy poo poo. Last time I checked this out, there were like a dozen or so guns, and they didn't have mods yet. He's put a ton of work into it since then.

Moldy Meatball posted:

Is... is that a gauss BB gun?

I MUST HAVE THIS :aaaaa:

Good, glad I've turned some people onto that mod. It really has come a long way, and version 2.6 is supposed to be release prior to the 19th.

Some random pics I've been taking:

Morning w/ Nevada Skies, Poco Bueno textures, Vurt's Flora Overhaul, and "Whazit" from Supplementary Unique weapons.

Western Skies sandstorm, with "Rat Cannon" from Supplementary Unique Weapons.

HELLO!

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Does anybody know what I have to edit in the GECK in order to change the amount of Karma you lose whenever you devour a corpse? I'm thinking it's fKarmaDeathPenalty, but unlike the variables that control Karma loss, this value is positive (it's 1.5) I'm assuming that it might be a positive number because it's a penalty, but I'm not certain.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jul 16, 2011

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Does anybody know what I have to edit in the GECK in order to change the amount of Karma you lose whenever you devour a corpse? I'm thinking it's fKarmaDeathPenalty, but unlike the variables that control Karma loss, this value is positive (it's 1.5) I'm assuming that it might be a positive number because it's a penalty, but I'm not certain.

I can't help you with that but I am interested in the file once you're finished. I assume you're increasing the karma hit for cannibalism, right? The cannibalism perk is what got me off the fence and to purchase Fallout 3 when it was initially released. I was disappointed when you lost so little karma for it and that no one hated/attacked/fled/reacted properly to you eating a corpse in front of them either.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Inspired by Cream-of-Plenty, I decided to show off a few pictures I took using the Steam screenshot tool lately. Mods I used were Nevada Skies and Requiem for the Capital Wasteland.

Never would figure to visit Washington with ED-E and Veronica (currently in the scribe robe mod)

NOVAC and ED-E

Honest Hearts with the Nevada Skies (Honest Hearts) edition installed.

These two pictures don't really show off the mods, I just like these two NPCs a lot.

And I'm still surprised I survived this fight against two laser turrets in the "Stealing Independence" quest.

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It looks like it's coded into the perk itself:

code:
Player.RestoreAv Health 25
Player.RestoreAv Hunger 25
Player.DamageAv RadiationRads 2
RewardKarma -1
ModPCMiscStat "Corpses Eaten" 1

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Atheris posted:

It looks like it's coded into the perk itself:

code:
Player.RestoreAv Health 25
Player.RestoreAv Hunger 25
Player.DamageAv RadiationRads 2
RewardKarma -1
ModPCMiscStat "Corpses Eaten" 1

Nice, good find. I started picking apart "Color Me Evil" and have decided to roll with it again, now that I've figured it wasn't the source of some problems I had been having.

Karma is seriously hosed in this game. 90 minutes in, level 3, reluctantly decided to help Goodsprings with their Powder Ganger problem. Stole some poo poo in the process and I already have "Good Karma". I know it's a useless stat, but it's one of those things that's really cool to have tracking your progress over a long game.

For those of you that are curious, as Atheris has pointed out, you lose one point of Karma for every corpse you devour. Conversely, you gain one hundred points of Karma for every "evil" character you kill. Strangely, looking at the code, you only get 2 points for every "very evil" character and 0 points for "neutral" characters--as in, random nobodies you might slaughter on your travels. Compounding this problem is the fact that Feral Ghouls are considered "Evil", which means you're netting 100 points for every one you kill. At the same time, a lot of nameless Fiends are considered "Neutral." Soooo...

:ughh:

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I wouldn't be bothered by Karma in this game, clearly Obsidian didn't care much. I don't really feel the need to have my character defined by karma which is one of the many reasons why Fallout 3 can be a drag.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Has anyone actually tried AG Supplementary Uniques? It looks really cool, but I generally distrust any weapons mod that isn't The Armory at this point.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
The Karma Rebalance module in XFO works great for, well... rebalancing things. I've been trying to keep my current run neutral (helping people here and there and not going out of my way to be a dick, but stealing literally everything that isn't nailed down), and my karma rating reflects it exactly. Also completed Come Fly With Me and it's still sitting at neutral. If this were the vanilla game, I'd already be Wasteland Jesus for killing the dozen or so ghouls in/around the Repconn Test Site.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Woebin posted:

Has anyone actually tried AG Supplementary Uniques? It looks really cool, but I generally distrust any weapons mod that isn't The Armory at this point.

We've actually been talking about this mod for a little while, and I have to say that I love it. The quality of the weapons is incredible considering they're mostly made up of stock parts and textures, and a lot of them are just plain fun. The Mosquito Launcher(a grenade rifle repurposed to launch 40mm rockets) and Thundah! (Tesla rifle! :science:) are just a few examples.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I'd really love for someone to make a mod that turns ED-E into DJ Roomba from Parks and Recreation. I need to be followed around the wasteland by a Corgi in a gas mask and a weaponized Roomba with an ipod strapped to it's top.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Cubemario posted:

I wouldn't be bothered by Karma in this game, clearly Obsidian didn't care much. I don't really feel the need to have my character defined by karma which is one of the many reasons why Fallout 3 can be a drag.

It's just one of those things I'm neurotic about. For some reason, being an awful person but being considered a Savior of the Wastes bothers me enough to change it.

Woebin posted:

Yeah, I've been using it quite extensively for the last week or so. I honestly love it.

Pros: The new uniques are balanced very well, and none of them so far can be considered "god" weapons. In fact, a lot of them have drawbacks, which means you'll still be using vanilla weapons. Plus, most are in terrible condition when you first find them, so even when you stumble across some high-tier murdering machine, you'll have to throw down some cash to get it working again. All of the guns can take three modifications, and it's compatible with WMX and WME. The author isn't a dickhead, either, and she's willing to take constructive criticism and troubleshoot your problems.

Cons: After a while, you start getting into the habit of checking behind every piece of furniture, every dark corner, and every cave. There are over 60 guns, so sometimes I feel like I'm on a treasure hunt more than following whatever quest I happen to be on. Additionally, a few of the uniques are...meh...specifically the AR-15 platforms rechambered for 20 gauge. It just feels a little lazy. Not all of the weapon mods make a whole lot of sense, like requiring a 10mm silencer for a 9mm weapon.

Check it out. A new version should be up in the next few days, and it's looking sharp.

Horns posted:

The Karma Rebalance module in XFO works great for, well... rebalancing things. I've been trying to keep my current run neutral (helping people here and there and not going out of my way to be a dick, but stealing literally everything that isn't nailed down), and my karma rating reflects it exactly. Also completed Come Fly With Me and it's still sitting at neutral. If this were the vanilla game, I'd already be Wasteland Jesus for killing the dozen or so ghouls in/around the Repconn Test Site.

Yeah, I'd say XFO's Karma rebalance or Color Me Evil are pretty much a fixture of my load order at this point.

Moldy Meatball posted:

We've actually been talking about this mod for a little while, and I have to say that I love it. The quality of the weapons is incredible considering they're mostly made up of stock parts and textures, and a lot of them are just plain fun. The Mosquito Launcher(a grenade rifle repurposed to launch 40mm rockets) and Thundah! (Tesla rifle! :science:) are just a few examples.

I remember when I first found the Mosquito Launcher. I thought it was some sort of 40mm that fired "buckshot" rounds. Took me a while to figure out that you had to break down missiles for ammunition. I got all excited and ran out to blow some poo poo up...then I realized I only had a 28 in explosives.

NOW, onto the update! Project Wasteland Vision just got released. It's a handsome little weather mod that comes in a tiny package, and the screenshots don't have the oversaturation of Nevada Skies or the inky black nights of Fellout. It might strike a nice balance for somebody wanting something unobtrusive, but pretty.

EDIT: So I didn't realize, but the mod I just linked adds some sort of motion blur to the game, too. Definitely not for everybody.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 16, 2011

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Woebin posted:

Cream of Plenty linked to it last page, and I'm glad he did. I've only been using it a few minutes in my new game and I love it. Its really great, the author did an amazing job of piecing together unique weapons from stock bits.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
AG Supplementary Uniques is all around a pretty great mod. I just wish I had used it from the very beginning of my current game. It seems like the kind of mod that would benefit greatly from starting a new game with since all the guns are so balanced and placed well in the world, meaning that if you start using it the middle of a running game like me, a lot of the guns in places you've already visited earlier won't be particularly useful. Not that that's stopping me from using a few favorites out of the bunch so far. I am just in love with the Frankenstein'd mauser rifle :swoon:

Horns fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 16, 2011

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

This looks hella cool, but no Honest Hearts compatiblity yet.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I'm getting regular crashes while trying to explore the Honest Hearts DLC, I'm wondering if my load order is the culprit

code:
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
WME - Dead Money.esm
WME - Honest Hearts.esm
CaravanPack.esm
FalloutNV.esm
Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
WME - Dead Money Arenovalis Retex.esp
WME - Dead Money.esp
WME - Honest Hearts.esp
FO3WeaponsRestoration.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Moddable Unique Weps.esp
Sprint Mod.esp

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Have you used BOSS?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

For those of you that are curious, as Atheris has pointed out, you lose one point of Karma for every corpse you devour. Conversely, you gain one hundred points of Karma for every "evil" character you kill. Strangely, looking at the code, you only get 2 points for every "very evil" character and 0 points for "neutral" characters--as in, random nobodies you might slaughter on your travels. Compounding this problem is the fact that Feral Ghouls are considered "Evil", which means you're netting 100 points for every one you kill. At the same time, a lot of nameless Fiends are considered "Neutral." Soooo...

:ughh:

That makes it sounds like Obsidian made a typo on the karma scores, and then never bothered to fix it.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

People don't like being labeled evil for engaging in super-typical kleptomaniac behavior, so they made it really easy to be "good" just by accident.

Splash Damage
May 23, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Same thing as Fallout 3 where you could absolve your sins, no matter how deadly, by giving a dude some water.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

The Lone Badger posted:

Have you used BOSS?

Yeah that seemed to solve it, thanks

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
I hadn't really played New Vegas or modded it for a few months. But just now I tried to use the GECK and for some reason won't load falloutNV.esm of any other file for that matter. Anybody knows what might be wrong? I downloaded the GECK again since maybe my version was outdated or anything but that didn't work either.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

The Belgian posted:

I hadn't really played New Vegas or modded it for a few months. But just now I tried to use the GECK and for some reason won't load falloutNV.esm of any other file for that matter. Anybody knows what might be wrong? I downloaded the GECK again since maybe my version was outdated or anything but that didn't work either.

For some stupid reason, Bethesda still hasn't updated the links or redirected the old GECK download page. As a result, you probably got the old one (that ends with geck.html), which gives version 1.1. Google GECK New Vegas 1.4, and you'll get this from a No Mutants Allowed forums post. That should give you a working GECK.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Jan posted:

For some stupid reason, Bethesda still hasn't updated the links or redirected the old GECK download page. As a result, you probably got the old one (that ends with geck.html), which gives version 1.1. Google GECK New Vegas 1.4, and you'll get this from a No Mutants Allowed forums post. That should give you a working GECK.

Yeah, I still had 1.1 . Thanks for the help!

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Thanks for the responses about AG Supplemental Uniques, it seems like I'll try it out on my next run (which is on hold until all the DLC is out). The reason I asked about it was actually specifically because it was linked in this thread, the discussion on it sounded mostly like you all thought it looked cool but hadn't necessarily tried it. I do read the thread :)

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Splash Damage posted:

Same thing as Fallout 3 where you could absolve your sins, no matter how deadly, by giving a dude some water.

Jesus gave Ben Hur water. Look at him now. :colbert:

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Rirse posted:

Inspired by Cream-of-Plenty, I decided to show off a few pictures I took using the Steam screenshot tool lately. Mods I used were Nevada Skies and Requiem for the Capital Wasteland.

What hair mod is that? The one I'm using is a bit too anime for me, but I can't stand to use the vanilla hair styles anymore.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Soysaucebeast posted:

What hair mod is that? The one I'm using is a bit too anime for me, but I can't stand to use the vanilla hair styles anymore.

It's actually the Anthony Lings Coiffure mod (which I'm betting is the one your using). I just found this one while looking for hair that isn't anime and doesn't make your character hair look like it was dipped in plastic. Forget the exact name in the mod, but I honestly rather like it. Did finally figure out how to elimate the drat "beard" issue with my character by setting the last three settigns to 10%.

Also the outfit is the "Mercenary Adventurer" with various Tailor Maid attachments.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Which UI mod is currently the best? Seems like DarnUI isn't updated for quite some time.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

VisAbsoluta posted:

Which UI mod is currently the best? Seems like DarnUI isn't updated for quite some time.

DarnUI or MTUI, honestly. DarnUI hasn't been updated in forever but it's mainly because there's no reason to update it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I'm confused as to where to put mods so that FOMM actually sees them. I assumed it would have been 'c:\Games\FalloutNV\mods', considering that's what it mentions, but it just does not see it there.

Edit: Nevermind, it's just in the plain data folder. Which makes me wonder, what is the purpose the 'mod directory' is in the settings?

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 16, 2011