Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

I don't know, I think Cuban could have made some good points if Dan Savage had quit interrupting him every 5 seconds arguing things that Cuban agreed with. Or am I the only one that caught that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007

JerkyBunion posted:

I don't know, I think Cuban could have made some good points if Dan Savage had quit interrupting him every 5 seconds arguing things that Cuban agreed with. Or am I the only one that caught that?

It seemed like he was really desperate to attack a conservative. Did anyone else hear Savage mumble he wished all Republicans were dead or did I imagine that?

zalmoxes
Sep 30, 2009

:eurovision:

iamwadeboggs posted:

It seemed like he was really desperate to attack a conservative. Did anyone else hear Savage mumble he wished all Republicans were dead or did I imagine that?

he said it.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Dudebro posted:

Pretty sure the China Study is bullshit. That's what I gathered from the WW forum.
Total bullshit. Here is a pretty good refutation: http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

iamwadeboggs posted:

Considering they're responsible for the persecution of his people, I don't see a problem with that. We don't blame Holocaust survivors for wishing death upon the Nazis, do we?

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Considering they're responsible for the persecution of his people, I don't see a problem with that. We don't blame Holocaust survivors for wishing death upon the Nazis, do we?

Just because a feeling is understandable doesn't make it right.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Except that the Republicans' priorities are all actively destructive towards the vast majority of the populace-- towards racial minorities, towards the poor, towards non-Christians, towards women, towards gays...

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Except that the Republicans' priorities are all actively destructive towards the vast majority of the populace-- towards racial minorities, towards the poor, towards non-Christians, towards women, towards gays...

And?

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
I think that's the dumbest thing I've heard Dan Savage say and I'm guessing he regretted it immediately. Don't go down to the level of whomever you're against no matter how frustrating they are. Not that any respectable Republican would say that out loud.

vvvv I didn't intend any joke actually. I think there are plenty of respectable Republicans. The media tends to focus on the stupid ones.

I realize I missed a part of my post originally. I meant to say that any respectable Republican would never wish death on Democrats, but it just pertains to any type of person really.

Dudebro fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jul 22, 2011

Sly Pistachio
Mar 20, 2008

Dudebro posted:

I think that's the dumbest thing I've heard Dan Savage say and I'm guessing he regretted it immediately. Don't go down to the level of whomever you're against no matter how frustrating they are. Not that any respectable Republican would say that out loud.

Oh I get it.

The joke here being that there isn't such a thing as a respectable Republican

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Dudebro posted:

vvvv I didn't intend any joke actually. I think there are plenty of respectable Republicans. The media tends to focus on the stupid ones.

Name one running for president. Can't do it?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

ParagonParadox27 posted:

Name one running for president. Can't do it?

The Republicans are good at politics, I don't think their real candidate has announced yet. I suspect they're letting people have at this list of poo poo for a while and then the Republican Jesus will emerge right before the primaries.

I don't know who that would be, but I can't see the GOP being this dumb. They're lovely at governing but good at winning.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

JerkyBunion posted:

Just because a feeling is understandable doesn't make it right.

Oh snap bro that was wikked tight the way you said that!

Grand Fromage posted:

The Republicans are good at politics, I don't think their real candidate has announced yet. I suspect they're letting people have at this list of poo poo for a while and then the Republican Jesus will emerge right before the primaries.

I don't know who that would be, but I can't see the GOP being this dumb. They're lovely at governing but good at winning.

Honestly though who is it? At this point all the people with the name recognition close to what Obama has are already on the field(and have proceeded to look like morons). Anyone the right introduces will have to work some magic like this world has not seen to become relevant beyond what they have now. Any serious person they try to trot out will be swallowed in the headline news cycle and chewed up unless they are crazy and offer some kind of crazy stunt or migraine crisis or some poo poo.

ApexAftermath fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jul 22, 2011

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

dp

usually
Sep 9, 2004

e

usually fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 21, 2012

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Holy poo poo this libertarian/conservative guy is one of the most annoying asses I've ever seen.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

ApexAftermath posted:

Holy poo poo this libertarian/conservative guy is one of the most annoying asses I've ever seen.

Every single one of them I have ever met, read, or seen.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Savage's anger was expected, his Thundercat'ish "Santorum within Santorum" swipe was not. Though, it IS Savage afterall...

Gillespie was one of the worst I've seen on the show---you could see it on Maher's face that he was just dumbstruck wanting to smack him upside the head on his mini-rant about "C'mon Bill, shut down your show, give up all your (IIRC electric?) cars, for Carbon~"

The swipe at the mayor was pretty low as well, in a better world they would've taken that up in the parking lot after the show. Really thought that guy would've gotten into the conversation more as I think he was vocal the last time he came on, but Gillespie pretty much ate up the time.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Gillespie was one of the worst I've seen on the show---you could see it on Maher's face that he was just dumbstruck wanting to smack him upside the head on his mini-rant about "C'mon Bill, shut down your show, give up all your (IIRC electric?) cars, for Carbon~"

Strawman city at that part. I wanted to reach through the tv and strangle him at that part. "NOT THE SAME loving THING rear end in a top hat" is all I could think.

ExiledTinkerer posted:

The swipe at the mayor was pretty low as well,

Yeah that was incredibly rude especially since that guy wasn't being a dick at all to him.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
HEY MAN REAL PROUD OF ALL THEM POORS HUH :smug: is the epitome of libertarianism.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

ParagonParadox27 posted:

HEY MAN REAL PROUD OF ALL THEM POORS HUH :smug: is the epitome of libertarianism.

Lack of empathy for fellow human beings seems to be the defining trait in people like this guy and almost all conservatives/republicans. Why do they hate their fellow man so much!?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Did anyone else's feed get cut right as Bill said America had apexed? Mine (Time Warner NYC) dropped right as he was making that last point and then came back at commercial.

Seeing as there is no outrage, it must just be the quality service I am overpaying for with trusted Time Warner, correct?

Anyone else notice the mayor had the zipcode of his city tattooed on his forearm? Really shouldn't go around making fun of that dudes city... stupid libertarian. Bill really was totally confused at that moron.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

ApexAftermath posted:

Lack of empathy for fellow human beings seems to be the defining trait in people like this guy and almost all conservatives/republicans. Why do they hate their fellow man so much!?

Well life isn't fair, it's tough, and their fellow man just didn't try hard enough. Generally that's what they believe and ignore any one ups they themselves had.

Yea Gillespie bothered me more then the usual conservative on Maher's panel. I say this after Anne Coulter recently being on!

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

I was surprised Bill was completely ignorant of Michele Bachmann's Chutzpah.

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

JerkyBunion posted:

I was surprised Bill was completely ignorant of Michele Bachmann's Chutzpah.

I actually had not heard about this either but holy crap Bill kind of made me cringe there when he didn't get the joke. Even not knowing about the actual story above, you should be able to at least get the joke of dumbass Michelle Bachmann not knowing the pronunciation of that word and and trying to say it like it sounds thinking she is a big smarty pants that uses "crazy" words to sound smarter. People do that all the time and look like morons so I thought it was a fairly straight forward joke.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

Nick Gellespie is human garbage. I'm really struggling to make it through the whole episode. Had to stop it after he loving threw it back in the face of the mayor that his town was poor. The guy is aggressively a piece of poo poo. He acts like a retarded 15 year old angry at their parents, but is at the polar end of the political spectrum with his edgy attitude. Makes him all the more obnoxious that he's dressed up like Fonzi from Happy Days. Did he pick up his badass outfit in the boys section in Sears to get high school girls? It's 100 degrees outside you loving prick.

Bozz fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jul 24, 2011

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

Bozz posted:

Nick Gellespie is human garbage. I'm really struggling to make it through the whole episode. Had to stop it after he loving threw it back in the face of the mayor that his town was poor. The guy is aggressively a piece of poo poo. He acts like a retarded 15 year old angry at their parents, but is at the polar end of the political spectrum with his edgy attitude. Makes him all the more obnoxious that he's dressed up like Fonzi from Happy Days. Did he pick up his badass outfit in the boys section in Sears to get high school girls? It's 100 degrees outside you loving prick.

For the first time a guest really made me angry. I have no problem with his position or beliefs, no matter how stupid they are. I had a problem with his condescending attitude and how he would not shut his mouth.

I wish the mayor had been able to speak more. I think small town politics is as important as the constant presidential/congress things.

I would have loved to see the Mayor throw his water on Gellespie.

Dudebro
Jan 1, 2010
I :fap: TO UNDERAGE GYMNASTS
I forget if this was in overtime, but Gellespie kept asking Bill to give up his cars and how big of a carbon footprint his show makes, which weren't really great points. "Yeah, Bill, give up BOTH your cars!" Then the lady in the middle pointed out his full leather jacket and asked him about that. He shut right the gently caress up.

Never have him on again, please. What a :smug: piece of poo poo.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
The bottom of the article has the whole panel portion

http://goo.gl/1PRBm

JerkyBunion
Jun 22, 2002

The worst part about the Libertarian (other than his laughable ideology) was that any time Brazile or Fetterman were trying to say something, he would shout them down with some snide remark, but then if anyone tried to say anything while HE was talking, he would literally stick his hand in their face and tell them to stop.

If I were Bill, I would have laid the smack down. It has nothing to do with being conservative or democratic, and everything to do with being an rear end in a top hat and a terrible guest. I was also disappointed in the lack of knowledge on the "liberal" side this show. There were several times that Federman especially could have made great points and killed this Libertarian where he stood, but instead he'd just respond with some non-answer.

Fetterman: The xxxx bill was a great bill!
Gillespie: OH YEAH? WHY WAS IT SO GREAT?! :smug:
Fetterman: Cause it.. was... and... yeah.

I mean to be fair I'm sure he doesn't have a lot of time on his hands to learn about that poo poo but whatever.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I thought Ann Coulter's ignorance and transparent trolling were bad until I saw this latest episode. I don't think I can watch the entire thing.

pkd88 posted:

The bottom of the article has the whole panel portion

http://goo.gl/1PRBm

Wow the comments at the bottom run the gamut of paranoid conservative conspiracy theories about a Clinton-Obama fascist plan to dismantle capitalism and enslave the white middle class. I wonder how long it will be until one of those wackjobs is in the news for a shooting spree.

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005

Former Human posted:

Wow the comments at the bottom run the gamut of paranoid conservative conspiracy theories about a Clinton-Obama fascist plan to dismantle capitalism and enslave the white middle class. I wonder how long it will be until one of those wackjobs is in the news for a shooting spree.

What's great about that idea is that it just so happens that, because of Bush, there's no longer a middle class to enslave. Republicans think on multiple vectors, people. It was all part of the plan to save them.

Peace Frog
Oct 7, 2009
I agree, that libertarian was trash. He made a huge mistake with his "I bet you're real proud of that" comment to the mayor. Totally revealed his own twisted ideology (basically "gently caress you got mine"), which I suspect most self-professed libertarians are hiding from we mere peasant scum.

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002

ParagonParadox27 posted:

What's great about that idea is that it just so happens that, because of Bush, there's no longer a middle class to enslave. Republicans think on multiple vectors, people. It was all part of the plan to save them.

Unfortunately this is not true.
They are not thinking. They only believe in the opposite of "them." The actual policy or welfare of the country and it's citizens don't matter.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Was this episode broadcast from an alternate universe where there was no bombing or mass shooting in Norway on Friday?

Cmon Yo!
Oct 26, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Onomarchus posted:

Was this episode broadcast from an alternate universe where there was no bombing or mass shooting in Norway on Friday?

What would they say with so little known at that point?

ApexAftermath
May 24, 2006

Just a heads up for any Breaking Bad fans that Bryan Cranston will be on the panel this week!

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?

ApexAftermath posted:

Just a heads up for any Breaking Bad fans that Bryan Cranston will be on the panel this week!

YAY!

Wooty
Dec 21, 2002
If the point of the panel is to make some sort of point or at least get you to think of things, this wasn't very good. I wish at times that the show would have a fact checker of at least few basic things available to Bill could call out the lies.

The Governor was pretty good, the blonde girl in the middle wasn't bad and even the Tea party guy was not too insane (except for his looks) but all together they said nothing.

I am starting to become more and more down on Barak and the Dem party though. Bill is correct, they are gutless sellouts. Really I don't see much difference in the parties anymore because the Democratic party won't do anything that represents it's core beliefs and the beliefs of it's supporters.

At one point we the Dems had all the power, the Executive and both Houses and did nothing that people want.

At no point does anyone in charge care at all about the good of the country or the welfare of all of the people. They don't even care enough to be honest about what we want.

We are being let down so badly by all divisions of those that are supposed to lead us or guide us.

The Christie jokes were pretty funny and Bryan Cranston was humorous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParagonParadox27
Jun 20, 2005
Thank God for Eliot Spitzer for defending reality from the two shitbags on the panel aligned with idiocy.