Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

LordPants posted:

Bryan: Up next was the divas match...
Dave: Oh jesus christ...
Bryan: *prattles off name of Wrestlers*
Dave: What the hell was this?

One day Meltzer is finally gonna snap and it won't be pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Borh posted:

One day Meltzer is finally gonna snap and it won't be pretty.

"Dave, where did you get that mullet?"
"It's mine."
"But Dave, you cut yours like... oh god."

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

triplexpac posted:

Dave: Ya I could totally retire to live on a tropical island... although that would never happen... but I could do it.
Bryan: Yeah but I guarantee you'd be calling me within 36 hours asking me what's going on
Dave: Oh yes of course, I could never be out of the loop!

Haha it went something like that anyway, I loved that exchange. Dave keeping up the gimmick of not being able to handle hypotheticals makes me laugh every time.

A few months back, there some exchange between the two where Bryan was talking about how a falls count anywhere could end in Antarctica, making an obviously hyperbole, and Dave said something like, "Well they could never get all the way to Antarctica."

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Fish Of Doom posted:

A few months back, there some exchange between the two where Bryan was talking about how a falls count anywhere could end in Antarctica, making an obviously hyperbole, and Dave said something like, "Well they could never get all the way to Antarctica."

Yeah that was a fantastic moment as well haha.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Fish Of Doom posted:

Dave just doesn't get hyperbole unless he's the one putting it forward. Bryan should just go with it.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Before Punk won the belt he was apparently on a podcast for Naylor & Goodhelmet talking for 2 hours about the career of Macho Man Randy Savage. It will never see the light of internet because the file was corrupted. :negative:

They're going to do a new one though, Naylor said.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Lagana's podcast was majority circlejerking each other. WTF?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Well there was an @Lagana sign at MITB.

Maybe that got to his head and he thinks he's taking down the system.

edit: I posted that in jest, but then actually checked the site and there is a screen grab of it on the front page... lol?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Bryan: "Let's say Vince lives to be 150 years old...."
Dave, cutting him off: "Well, he's not going to. :geno: "

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gatts posted:

His podcast has been really boring ever since the Punk storyline began. I can't blame him for taking advantage of it to increase his visibility, but it went from my second favorite wrestlechat to below even the dreadful Punchsport Podcast.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MassRayPer posted:

His podcast has been really boring ever since the Punk storyline began. I can't blame him for taking advantage of it to increase his visibility, but it went from my second favorite wrestlechat to below even the dreadful Punchsport Podcast.

Goddamnit. I want more Punchsport Podcast. If necessary a slight change. Toss on Shaman of Cum, damnit, gently caress I'll fill 30 minutes of Divas talk or fantasy building a new WWE with charts and graphs, something.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Gatts posted:

Goddamnit. I want more Punchsport Podcast. If necessary a slight change. Toss on Shaman of Cum, damnit, gently caress I'll fill 30 minutes of Divas talk or fantasy building a new WWE with charts and graphs, something.

We should have two episodes this week to make up for last week's...thing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Capsaicin posted:

So I assume Dave misunderstood and thought Bryan mean Vince would die at 150, as opposed to living forever?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

weekly font posted:

We should have two episodes this week to make up for last week's...thing.

Last week's episode was a podcast.

Note the lack of any descriptions of quality because dear god.

Also, Dave thought Bryan meant it was physically possible to live that long, because Dave is Wrestletron 3000 and abstracts are beyond it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

This gets posted every five or six pages and every time it does I laugh my rear end off. It's such a great moment.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Gatts posted:

In his interviews he's always been like this, "Well when I was in WWE it was like..." or "let me tell you about this time I was right and what they did was stupid". I always thought everyone was okay with it.

I give Lagana a pass this week because he's pretty loving amped about getting a little buzz from the biggest wrestling payperview of the last 5 years. That one guy who kept saying "yeah man I'm not just blowing smoke up your rear end I like watching raw because of your live tweets" was kind of annoying, but that's not the fault of Dave Lagana.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Akileese posted:

This gets posted every five or six pages and every time it does I laugh my rear end off. It's such a great moment.

It's like a real life version of:

Bryan: Well, Dave, it seems we've put together a baseball team, and I was wondering, who's on first, eh?
Dave: Yes, not the pronoun, but rather a player with the unlikely name of "Who" is on first.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
To fully appreciate Dave Meltzer make this your ring tone and have your phone play the full thing every time you get a call: http://angrymarks.com/music/songs/dj2-Dave%20Meltzer%20Theme.mp3

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!

Capsaicin posted:

Oh man, completely forgot about this, laughing so hard

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
"Holy cow let's all jack off."

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

Vince more than made up for Bryan's rather awful showing there.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Just a reminder for non-subscribers. :siren:BRUNO SAMMARTINO is on Observer radio tonight. He is the best guest ever, so if you need to re-up, now is the time.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

It's like a real life version of:

Bryan: Well, Dave, it seems we've put together a baseball team, and I was wondering, who's on first, eh?
Dave: Yes, not the pronoun, but rather a player with the unlikely name of "Who" is on first.

That is exactly what would happen, LOLing at the thought.

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT

MassRayPer posted:

I laughed all the way through Vinny's rant about Cody Rhodes.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
This week's guest on Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast:

:siren: Zack Ryder :siren:

E: More confirmation that Zack's dad is in fact the best dad.

Lloyd Boner fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jul 21, 2011

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Lloyd Boner posted:

woo woo woo you know (I'm downloadin') it, BRO.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dshban, the Teddy Long Straight Up Tag Team Match Siren is the greatest thing ever and Smart Wrestling Fan is even more my favorite podcast because of it.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

Lloyd Boner posted:

E: More confirmation that Zack's dad is in fact the best dad.

Oh my God, Punk talking about Zack's dad is the greatest thing ever.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Euthyphro posted:

Oh my God, Punk talking about Zack's dad is the greatest thing ever.

I literally cannot wait. Is Punk sitting in on this one now that he's not working? Does he have the belt?

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Dshban, the Teddy Long Straight Up Tag Team Match Siren is the greatest thing ever and Smart Wrestling Fan is even more my favorite podcast because of it.

I'm just so disappointed he hasn't booked one in ages. Once he finally does again, it'll be even better.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Bruno Sammartino interview is up. I should make Bruno laughing the email notification on my phone. Hearing that all day would make every day that much better.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

MassRayPer posted:

The Bruno Sammartino interview is up. I should make Bruno laughing the email notification on my phone. Hearing that all day would make every day that much better.

But he's a bitter old man who hates everyone. How can this be possible?

Edit: I'm listening now, and while I totally understand Bruno's concerns about the film being true to his life story, I would pay good money to see a movie about Bruno Sammartino running around New York with Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack.

Borh fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jul 21, 2011

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Punk's story about Ryder's dad made me so happy

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Punk's story about Ryder's dad made me so happy

I haven't laughed that hard at something, particularly something wrestling related, in quite a while. Hearing Punk tell it was great, he's a brilliant straight man to everyone else's craziness.

I also recommend people catch the Abe Kanan radio show that Punk and Cabana did, listening to them in that environment you really get a good sense that these guys have a pretty sharp wit.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I want to straight up hug Bruno Sammartino for being such a nice guy.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Man, I love Colt in the ring, and I love the guests he has on, but I just can't stand the way he talks on his podcast. He sounds like an obnoxious morning radio DJ, and if he uses that "live from the studio... apartment!!" line again I'm going to cry

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah, I really wanted to like Colt's podcast but it just didn't hook me. I did enjoy his Briscoes interview though.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Man, I love Colt in the ring, and I love the guests he has on, but I just can't stand the way he talks on his podcast. He sounds like an obnoxious morning radio DJ, and if he uses that "live from the studio... apartment!!" line again I'm going to cry

I can handle it but yeah, the studio apartment line is irrationally rage inducing.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Bryan's rant about refs on the most recent B&V show was rather asinine. Has he ever gotten pissed over a big tatted up dude like Josh Rosenthal reffing bantamweight fights?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

He was being hyperbolic as usual, but he has a point. A good ref can enhance a match, but he should be subtle about it and take care not to distract the audience by being too exuberant. Even worse is when the ref seems to be trying to draw attention to himself on purpose, as is the case with Brian Hebner's bright blue shoes, which also annoy the gently caress out of me.

Borh fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Jul 22, 2011

• Locked thread