Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

CmdtCarpenter posted:

Eh what? I could swear you didn't get anything. Or maybe you got something slightly worse. Well I suppose some research is in order. Or just wait for Elentor to get there.

edit: VVVVVVV yeah, the non-final rewards are the ones I was thinking about.

I think you are correct- for the sidequest battles, letting an enemy get to the top, even if you win, is considered a loss and you don't get anything. Not that you should play that minigame beyond the first two or three battles anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.

Schwartzcough posted:

I think you are correct- for the sidequest battles, letting an enemy get to the top, even if you win, is considered a loss and you don't get anything. Not that you should play that minigame beyond the first two or three battles anyway.

I seem to recall you actually get some pretty nice armour as a drop, plus the actual reward. Plus a decent chunk of experience. But doubtless Elentor will Explain It All when the time comes.

Sum Mors
Feb 21, 2008
The battles reward you with almost nothing outside of the very first one. Another reward you can get is pretty useful, but its not something that can be missed forever.

The only battle that gets you a nifty item for failing is the very last one.

Details of all the possible Fort Condor battles. There are several you can do, if you really want to do all that backtracking. Specifically once you get to Rocket Town.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Psion posted:

I wouldn't say "almost certainly" just based on a CPU clockspeed comparison. The entire rest of the system architecture of the A5 is very different from the R3000 and the x86 CPU Bleem was running on. While I agree it's probably technically possible, consider a Super Nintendo, and emulating a Super Nintendo took - for the really advanced games - a Pentium 233. That's something like sixty-five times the raw clock cycles of a SNES CPU.

Are we talking low or high level emulation with that SNES emulator?

TheAleph
Oct 19, 2007

GODDAMN THOSE FUCKING BRONIES, THEY ARE SO CREEPY. NOT LIKE MY AVATAR OF A CROSSDRESSING ANIME PISSING INTO THE WIND.

I'm not consumed by my purestrain Goon internet hatred of pointless shit, I'm normal. Not like you faggots.
This video are sick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz_c_GjPnBc

God drat. FF7 fans just might be worse than Sonic fans...

:cry:

TheAleph fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 22, 2011

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

TheAleph posted:

This video are sick:

Welp I am thoroughly confused - that person on the left is apparently a guy. I could only watch about 45 seconds of that. Apparently they go up to people and ask for yaoi pictures? I can see how that would make a lot of people react negatively rather than saying "No thanks."

Also, fattest Cid ever.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TheAleph posted:

This video are sick:

20 seconds and I was done. What is with girls dressing as anime boys and doing their yaois?

DA PANET EARF
Jun 14, 2011

youtube posted:

Yaoi = Love

Yuri = Love

Hentai = Love

Anime Incest = Love

Cosplay = Love

Crossplay = Love

Love = You guys, and I love you both!

I really appreciate what you had to say in this video. :)

Thank you for sharing your amazing opinions!
ChibiMitzy 1 month ago

What? No. Why do the fans have to ruin everything?

Apparently the one on the left is a guy and the one on the right is a girl. I could not tell which sex either of them were until I looked at the comments.

Gahmah
Nov 4, 2009

TheAleph posted:

This video are sick:

It's like fanart stepped out of the internet and into the real world. It is amazing and grotesque.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I'm kind of amazed any of you decided to press play on that video.

The title and the thumbnail communicate all I need to know not to watch.

V See, this is why I use Firefox.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 22, 2011

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
I have chrome so the videos plays automatically, luckily for me I have slow internet and was able to see the thumbnail in time and closed it.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

DA PANET EARF posted:

Apparently the one on the left is a guy and the one on the right is a girl. I could not tell which sex either of them were until I looked at the comments.

Funny, when I first saw them I thought it was the opposite. But I only watched 3 seconds of it so...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The gently caress? Youtube videos play automatically in firefox. Always have.

On topic: Err... Queer people, am I right!? You can't even tell what gender they are! So sick you guys!

Is that in keeping with the threads tone?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I'm kind of amazed any of you decided to press play on that video.

The title and the thumbnail communicate all I need to know not to watch.

I watched it for 30 seconds, then realized it wasn't a joke and went to take a shower.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Xander77 posted:

The gently caress? Youtube videos play automatically in firefox. Always have.

On topic: Err... Queer people, am I right!? You can't even tell what gender they are! So sick you guys!

My firefox diesn't autoplay. Is it one of your add-ons doing it?

Oh yeah I am wondering if there is going to be more updates..

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Why does Cid have a chocolate bar smeared all over his face?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
For all the flack 7 gets I think it still has a lot to like, it's just that the easy difficulty (maybe even easier than FF9) just makes it too hard to have fun with these days.

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

Xander77 posted:

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I actually literally hate every lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, and/or queer person on the face of the planet because two people dressed as Final Fantasy characters made a video complaining about people who don't like yaoi.

CARRIERHASARRIVED
Aug 25, 2010

E-Elentor?

Are you okay?

The gangs didn't get you did they?

:ohdear:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

CmdtCarpenter posted:

E-Elentor?

Are you okay?

He posted in this thread only two days ago.

But incidentally the lack of updates is because he decided to clean up the streets and is now Batman.

Figaro
Feb 21, 2006

Hi, I've come to apply for the doctor's job. I can assure you my credentials are top-notch, I've just graduated from Harvard College Yale. I aced every semester, and I got an 'A'.
I'm just going to assume that old fart at Mt Condor has kept Elentor busy using his not unique powers of new age Eco bullshit. No I will not donate 5 Gil a month to save a massive egg.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

But incidentally the lack of updates is because he decided to clean up the streets and is now Batman.

Yeah, but Elentor's voice is already ridiculously low. If he took it any lower for his Batman voice, it wouldn't be audible to humans, so I guess he'll need to speak in a falsetto.

Magicpokey
Feb 16, 2011

If this is true, Elentor, can I come live with you and be your Alfred?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CmdtCarpenter posted:

E-Elentor?

Are you okay?

I'm fine. Yesterday I had a delightful walk on the beach with my friends at night. The streets seemed clean enough :3:

The lack of updates is because I had a program to finish coding this month and I'm working on my entry for the SA Game Dev VI:

And I have about 6 days to finish it. Anyway I haven't abandoned the thread or gone MIA, I'm just really busy. If that makes you feel comfortable, I've already finished the CD 1 and have all the images and videos recorded as well as save points all across it in case I'm unhappy with something.

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
Take your time, buddy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Elentor posted:

See, with your voice, I can imagine you looking like both the man or the bull.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Waffleman_ posted:

He is the minotaur, obviously.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm voice-acting the guy. He's Death.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
So, you're avoiding producing content for us goons because you are...producing content for us goons. I'm fine with that. Also, is that a bumba-meu-boi styled bull?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dias posted:

So, you're avoiding producing content for us goons because you are...producing content for us goons. I'm fine with that. Also, is that a bumba-meu-boi styled bull?

Why yes, it is! A friend of mine dared me to make a piece of Brazilian mythos look cool, and that was my answer to him.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Elentor posted:

Why yes, it is! A friend of mine dared me to make a piece of Brazilian mythos look cool, and that was my answer to him.

See, that, I can get behind. I'm sick and tired of American games using Japanese mythos or Japanese games using a weird mishmash of everything but Japanese mythos; I'd like to see some mainstreamy stuff where the devs use the mythos they're personally familiar with, especially if it's more the kind of stuff that you'd barely skim over in an anthropology course.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

The White Dragon posted:

See, that, I can get behind. I'm sick and tired of American games using Japanese mythos or Japanese games using a weird mishmash of everything but Japanese mythos; I'd like to see some mainstreamy stuff where the devs use the mythos they're personally familiar with, especially if it's more the kind of stuff that you'd barely skim over in an anthropology course.

Definitely. I don't think there's a culture in the world that doesn't have at least one story that is hardcore and rad in its own unique way. Even American devs rarely make use of American folklore, which is something I don't get at all, considering what a powerful force nationalism is here.

As for Elentor's concept art, that looks incredibly awesome and I would play the hell out of that game. I have no idea what's up with the bull but I'm digging it. You're probably more qualified to be Death's VA than anyone else I've ever heard, too.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Definitely. I don't think there's a culture in the world that doesn't have at least one story that is hardcore and rad in its own unique way. Even American devs rarely make use of American folklore, which is something I don't get at all, considering what a powerful force nationalism is here.

As for Elentor's concept art, that looks incredibly awesome and I would play the hell out of that game. I have no idea what's up with the bull but I'm digging it. You're probably more qualified to be Death's VA than anyone else I've ever heard, too.

It's not concept art, it's in-game (beat em' up) :smith:. I'm not sure if I feel glad because usually concept art have more detail than goes in-game because it's a pain to animate stuff, or because you feel it wasn't "final" enough.

Thanks though.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jul 24, 2011

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Elentor posted:

It's not concept art, it's in-game (beat em' up). I'm not sure if I feel glad because usually concept art have more detail than goes in-game because it's a pain to animate stuff, or because you feel it wasn't "final" enough.

Thanks though.

Wow, that's in-game? That's pretty impressive artwork, even if it's not as detailed as you'd like. I'll have to watch the thread for the final version.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I thought that was concept art because it looked really good. To see that that's ingame is crazy. :psyduck:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

The White Dragon posted:

What I would give for a Rampage style game featuring Paul Bunyon and his Blue Ox.

Magicpokey
Feb 16, 2011
I'm so cold and alone without my fix... Elentor, hurry up and win the game dev contest (and with art like that, how could you not?) so you can come back and lp more FFVII!

Please?

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
This LP.

You know what this LP made me do?

I got out my old copy of Final Fantasy VII. I started a new game.

I played the whole game.

45 hours.

Got a gold Chocobo and Knights of the Round, marched straight on in to the final dungeon and beat the game without a hitch. I even loaded up my little kid save file from the Clinton administration and tried to beat the superbosses on it.

Curse you.

Anyhow.

Can't wait for more. I'm quite curious about some things you've said about the pre-rendered backgrounds. I thought that pre-rendered meant the render was stored as a static image or movie of sorts and it just puts it on the screen when you come to it, but you've made it sound like the game is running pre-rendered stuff in active 3D, like the lego character models? I didn't understand that. 'Splanation, mayhaps?

Also, somewhere in the thread you commented on the art direction of the game, and having paid special attention to it, you're right. It's amazing. Start to finish, just plain amazing. The fancy pants CGI cutscenes haven't aged well at all, though. I found I enjoyed the cutscenes with the higher poly lego models because they could actually have some animation and bloody facial expressions. The realism-focused ones are stiff as sticks by comparison. They did a much better job with the animation on 8, but that was where Final Fantasy started its slide from whimsical self-aware fantasy to disjointed anime.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Wulfolme posted:

Can't wait for more. I'm quite curious about some things you've said about the pre-rendered backgrounds. I thought that pre-rendered meant the render was stored as a static image or movie of sorts and it just puts it on the screen when you come to it, but you've made it sound like the game is running pre-rendered stuff in active 3D, like the lego character models? I didn't understand that. 'Splanation, mayhaps?

You missed one layer: There's the prerendered image/movie, and an invisible 3d layer that handles the actual movement, like going up/down ladders and stuff. It's way better visible in FF8, esp. when these two get shifted in relation to each other. And then there's the actual visible 3d of character models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Magicpokey posted:

I'm so cold and alone without my fix... Elentor, hurry up and win the game dev contest (and with art like that, how could you not?) so you can come back and lp more FFVII!

Please?

What this guy said. :smith:

I'm quite a bit ahead of the LP on my personal playthrough and want to see the stuff I've missed. :)

• Locked thread