Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Mr. Crow posted:

Jesus loving christ, was the G.E.C.K. always such a piece of poo poo and I just don't remember it? loving twice now I lost an hour or more of work in the past 3 hours, which mean's I've accomplished almost nothing.

:ssj:

I've had to adopt a Save after every 3 changes habit when dealing with the GECK.

Edit: Also never resize the render window the GECK flips its poo poo if you do.

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 21, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

GloomMouse posted:

It's been that way since Morrowind

EDIT: Anyone want to start a new char with only the latest FOOK active in the load order, and then pop on over to PrimmGenericHouse4?

CTD whenever I enter

That's the "abandoned" house with the safe and the skeleton, right? Odd. Can you confirm that FOOK is causing the CTD? If the CTD is reproducible without any mods enabled, I'd verify my cache's integrity (I'd probably do that, anyway.) Failing that, load all of the plugins in FNVEdit and see if you can find any conflicts.

Kgummy posted:

It is, I remember seeing it there. Although, I don't see your modification of project wasteland vision in there, amazing as it is. It'd be a shame to be lost in the thread, but it is your call. :shobon:

I'm hesitant to throw it up on the OP simply because the author has since updated the mod, and the version I edited doesn't touch any DLC material (it appears that newer versions do.) I'm more hoping that the author takes community feedback and either removes the motion blur or provides an option to disable it.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

That's the "abandoned" house with the safe and the skeleton, right? Odd. Can you confirm that FOOK is causing the CTD? If the CTD is reproducible without any mods enabled, I'd verify my cache's integrity (I'd probably do that, anyway.)

That's the one, and it loads fine without FOOK active. I verified the cache integrity and downloaded FOOK again just in case but no luck. :iiam:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

GloomMouse posted:

That's the one, and it loads fine without FOOK active. I verified the cache integrity and downloaded FOOK again just in case but no luck. :iiam:

Do you ever browse the FOOKUnity forums? I know they have an active bug reports section. Maybe this is a common problem with the latest version. :iiam: , indeed.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Do you ever browse the FOOKUnity forums? I know they have an active bug reports section. Maybe this is a common problem with the latest version. :iiam: , indeed.

Huh, something about Issac's house being set to Public causing CTDs, and FOOK is doing something with ownership to PrimmHouseGeneric4 as well. To the G.E.C.K. mobile!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ugh, basically every coat, belt and every pauldron has horrible clipping issues that you can't hide. Maybe I should make do with less.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Naky posted:

The Armory has nothing like that in it. We don't interfere with stock resources at all. If anything, our repair lists would give you MORE options to repair a 10mm pistol with.

After a bit more investigation it looks like the problem is actually Classic Fallout Weapons. I'll probably just disable that and see if anything I'm particularly attached to vanishes.

quote:

edit: unless you're talking about weapons that fire 10mm ammo that aren't repairable with each other... but of course, this is logical. Parts from a Colt 1911 won't repair a Walther P99 even if we make them fire the same type of ammo. It would make as much sense as repairing an AK47 with AR15 parts even though we have them both firing 5.56...

Nah, I'm talking about problems like I have a "10mm Colt" and "10mm Colt Pistol" in my inventory, with the same stats, and I can repair the former with the latter but not vice versa. Or I have recipes for both "2mm EC" and "2mm Electronic Cartridge" ammo, but my gauss pistol will only accept one of those.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

ToxicFrog posted:

Nah, I'm talking about problems like I have a "10mm Colt" and "10mm Colt Pistol" in my inventory, with the same stats, and I can repair the former with the latter but not vice versa. Or I have recipes for both "2mm EC" and "2mm Electronic Cartridge" ammo, but my gauss pistol will only accept one of those.
1) We don't want to mess with repairlists in the stock game. With guns that are from the Armory, that's pretty much me forgetting to put a gun in the repair list. Blame 3 am crunch time. Also we don't have generic weapon names such as that.
2) Ill defined ammolists that probably need truncating. edit: I'm probably going to move all Armory Gauss weapons to a new "Mass Cell" ammotype.

I have a metric ton of poo poo to rebuild once the heatwave passes :negative:

Anime Schoolgirl fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jul 21, 2011

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

ToxicFrog posted:

After a bit more investigation it looks like the problem is actually Classic Fallout Weapons. I'll probably just disable that and see if anything I'm particularly attached to vanishes.

To touch on what AS said, we don't have anything called 10mm Colt or 10mm Colt Pistol in our pack. We aren't shy about calling all of our guns by their trademarked names and if it doesn't exist, we give it a fake trademarked name or a goofy fallout name.

As for the duplicate 2mm ammo entries, are you running CFWNV or PN? I haven't used PN in a while since I haven't actually played the game in a while but I seem to remember that they added the M72 in their equipment module as well. The Armory and CFWNV for sure would add two separate ammo entries for 2mm EC rounds, though I don't know how PN handled theirs. So there's potentially three mods adding the same ammo entry.

I think AS is right and that we'll rename our 2mm to a different ammo type to prevent this in the future.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I've been playing for 8 hours on my current save and the bodies of the Powder Gangers I killed on Ghost Town Gunfight at the beginning of the game are still lying in the floor. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

I'm using Goo Be Gone, could it be that the mod hosed up something?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

VisAbsoluta posted:

I've been playing for 8 hours on my current save and the bodies of the Powder Gangers I killed on Ghost Town Gunfight at the beginning of the game are still lying in the floor. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

That's relatively normal. Sometimes the corpses stay around for months. In my last game they stayed there the entire game.

It was kind of nice. I put all of their heads on the cart by the saloon and stored stuff in them until I got to Novac. The best footlocker in this game is a human head.

Evoq
Jul 2, 2007
Theres a new unlimited companions mod (http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42320) that supposedly works with the recent patches. Gonna check it out now and find out if its on the up and up or not.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

Ugh, basically every coat, belt and every pauldron has horrible clipping issues that you can't hide. Maybe I should make do with less.
Yeah, clipping can be a pretty big bummer when you get an idea for what could be a really cool mix and match outfit. It's why I stick with only a few basic combinations with all of my characters. Usually some combo of Road Warrior/Armored Vault Suit/Fiend Sadist shoulder piece from Tailor Maid with a vanilla armor/Lawbringer Duster/one of the more lore-friendly armors from TGs and the Prospector Braces/Trooper Belt/Neckerchief/Scout's Bandolier from Satchels.

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope

Kgummy posted:

Well, Doc Mitchell decided to stealth himself after giving me the pipboy. Everything else was normal, though. I snapped a picture of him grabbing a bite to eat. Of course, it went back to normal after leaving/re-entering. Probably had to do with something funky in my load order, but it was harmless and unexpected. Now I imagine some sort of stealth doctors, wandering the wastes.
Médecins sans contours.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Any way to solve the clipping problem with sunglassse and authority glasses on female NPCs? A perfect example of this would be Cass and Ghost at Mojave Outpost.

Adraeus
Jan 25, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
The author of IWS-Increased Wasteland Spawns changed the permissions on his mod so that anyone can fork the mod without his permission. The author will no longer be updating the original version. Credit for the original version is still required.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Horns posted:

Yeah, clipping can be a pretty big bummer when you get an idea for what could be a really cool mix and match outfit. It's why I stick with only a few basic combinations with all of my characters. Usually some combo of Road Warrior/Armored Vault Suit/Fiend Sadist shoulder piece from Tailor Maid with a vanilla armor/Lawbringer Duster/one of the more lore-friendly armors from TGs and the Prospector Braces/Trooper Belt/Neckerchief/Scout's Bandolier from Satchels.

I really wanted to try and get a poncho/ranger armor's coat on over the OWB stealth suit along with some other things but gave up. On the plus side, there's a mod that turns the stealth suit into an invisible accessory, so I just went with that, the desert combat armor, road warrior shoulder, and a couple other small things.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Naky posted:

As for the duplicate 2mm ammo entries, are you running CFWNV or PN? I haven't used PN in a while since I haven't actually played the game in a while but I seem to remember that they added the M72 in their equipment module as well. The Armory and CFWNV for sure would add two separate ammo entries for 2mm EC rounds, though I don't know how PN handled theirs. So there's potentially three mods adding the same ammo entry.

I'm not running PN, but I am running CFWNV, and like I said, after a bit of investigation (grabbing all of the weapons and ammo I had issues with and GBOing them) it looks like that's the mod causing the problems - there seems to be a fair bit of overlap between the two.

Disabled CFWNV, everything related to it vanished, seems to be no other side effects. Its gauss weapons were ugly anyways.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Is there a mod that lets me break down more than 100 items at once with the reloading bench? OWB is giving me a ton of .357 and .44 to make delicious .45 Super with, but drat it's a pain to break them down a hundred pieces at a time, then having to break down all the brass a hundred at a time :f5:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you got Dead Money and Old World Blues, here is a mod that puts one of those vending machines from the Dead Money DLC in the SINK hideout you get. Makes sense since you find out machines were made by Big MT.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42927

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I'm getting into Fallout again thanks to not having played since honest hearts and now I have both Honest Hearts and Old World Blues.

Is there a mod compilation that works with both? I really don't feel like individually checking and updating like fifty mods and I'd rather just start over from scratch. There were tons of mod packs for Oblivion and I was kind of hoping there was one for this too.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
I wish. To this day nobody has done a compilation pack. Its be great if someone made a set of modular packs - one pack with graphwith+audio mods, one with armor mods, etc. Plus with load order recommendations.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I was messing around, and renamed the Geck.exe to DevGeck.exe.
To my surprise, when I checked the about text, it changed to Current/Master plug-in version 1.34. Normally it is just version 1.4.518.

I... think I found a better Geck in the Geck? As a note, it appears to default to non devGeck mode if there is a geck.exe in the same folder. I don't know what is different though. Just something is different.

EDIT: Clarified version info. Testing makes it seem that this change doesn't add error messages to tell you what is wrong when saving a script with errors, sadly.
EDIT2: Okay, further testing makes it seem like I got overexcited; it's just something Geck does if you change the filename. :sigh:

Kgummy fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 21, 2011

Armadillos!
Mar 28, 2010

I'm a swimming cat. Have you heard of a candy that gives courage and strength to weaklings? No? I see. But you're a strong goon, so I doubt you would need any.
I do find it hilarious all the people who use ~100 mods and complain about things not working right, especially with the just released add-on.

I use maybe.. 8 mods? And that's already pretty bad.

If you're having problems and you are using mods, before posting here about it, try disabling your mods. Then try disabling your mods. Then TRY ACTUALLY MAKING SURE THEY'RE DISABLED, REINSTALLING NEW VEGAS IF YOU NEED TO, MAKE SURE NOTHING IS MODIFIED, GO BACK TO VANILLA, etc etc etc

:f5:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

How would I go about editing a form list for a perk? I want to add a gun to the list of weapons affected by the Cowboy perk, but all I can do is right click on the currently listed weapons and edit them... which just takes me to that gun's data page :(

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Capn Beeb posted:

How would I go about editing a form list for a perk? I want to add a gun to the list of weapons affected by the Cowboy perk, but all I can do is right click on the currently listed weapons and edit them... which just takes me to that gun's data page :(

Open the formlist, find the item and drag and drop it to the list. :)

Edit: And don't ever double click on a formlist. For some reason this will insta-crash the GECK every time.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Rirse posted:

If you got Dead Money and Old World Blues, here is a mod that puts one of those vending machines from the Dead Money DLC in the SINK hideout you get. Makes sense since you find out machines were made by Big MT.

http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=42927

Very neat. I wanted this, but didn't realize it until I found out it existed!

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Omnicarus posted:

Open the formlist, find the item and drag and drop it to the list. :)

Edit: And don't ever double click on a formlist. For some reason this will insta-crash the GECK every time.

Son of a bitch, I never would've thought something in the Geck could be that easy. Thanks :)

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Capn Beeb posted:

Is there a mod that lets me break down more than 100 items at once with the reloading bench? OWB is giving me a ton of .357 and .44 to make delicious .45 Super with, but drat it's a pain to break them down a hundred pieces at a time, then having to break down all the brass a hundred at a time :f5:

It shouldn't be too hard to make yourself. Just make new recipes that are identical to the default breakdown recipes, only with 100 times in input and output.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Is Lonesome Road supposed to be the last DLC released? I'm waiting until everything's done, patched, and Project Nevada is updated for it all. I dread slogging through 1/2 the game again though.

Terpfen
Jul 27, 2006
Objection!

:dukedog:

The Joe Man posted:

Is Lonesome Road supposed to be the last DLC released? I'm waiting until everything's done, patched, and Project Nevada is updated for it all. I dread slogging through 1/2 the game again though.

Yes. Lonesome Road is the last DLC. Not sure what's happening with the Fallout franchise after this. Work on Fallout 4 using the Skyrim engine, perhaps?

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Lonesome Road better add a unique brush gun or I'm going to be unhappy.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Terpfen posted:

Yes. Lonesome Road is the last DLC. Not sure what's happening with the Fallout franchise after this. Work on Fallout 4 using the Skyrim engine, perhaps?

I'm hoping they decide to farm out the Fallout franchise to Obsidian from now on. New Vegas did pretty well financially, right? Either way I doubt they're going to just let the franchise die. Fallout 3 won multiple game of the year awards, and the setting has a ton of room for more games.

I'm also hoping that the Skyrim engine isn't as horribly buggy as Gamebryo. Being able to play Fallout 3/NV without crashing or having saves get corrupted would be lovely.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
Does anyone know of any mods that add a little diversity to creatures and bots in terms of gameplay? I'd love to have something along the lines of Fallout 3's Monster Perks Addon to make the different classes of monsters more distinct.

Maybe give radiation damage to Golden Geckos, fire damage to Fire Geckos' melee strikes, berserking to Feral Ghouls, additional toughness to robots, etc. Just small ways to change up the way you have to fight enemies, and how they affect you in combat. Monster Mod seemed like my best bet until I realized that it was kinda...well...garbage.

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK
So, I'm trying to build my own compatibility patch between New Vegas Freeside Restored and the New Vegas Trade Center; primarily getting rid of the big ugly Bison Steve building the Trade Center uses. I haven't done a lot of modding so I though I might ask here to see if you guy have and idea on how to do this.

What I've managed to do is get rid of the Bison Steve building, move the entrance and other related objects for NVTC out of the way and build it into a different building. The problem I'm running into now is that NVTC deleted all the buildings where it put the Bison Steve model. So, if I delete it and move the entrance I'm left with a gaping hole. It doesn't look like I can just copy the buildings out of NVFR and place them into NVTC so I was curious if there is away to strip the NVTC .esp so that it really has just the interior cells and the doors and doesn't mess with anything else, or is there not really a lot I can do here?

I'm not sure if any of this made sense or whats really possible with tools beyond the GECK, my knowledge behind most of this is really limited. V:shobon:V

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Opals25 posted:

So, I'm trying to build my own compatibility patch between New Vegas Freeside Restored and the New Vegas Trade Center; primarily getting rid of the big ugly Bison Steve building the Trade Center uses. I haven't done a lot of modding so I though I might ask here to see if you guy have and idea on how to do this.

What I've managed to do is get rid of the Bison Steve building, move the entrance and other related objects for NVTC out of the way and build it into a different building. The problem I'm running into now is that NVTC deleted all the buildings where it put the Bison Steve model. So, if I delete it and move the entrance I'm left with a gaping hole. It doesn't look like I can just copy the buildings out of NVFR and place them into NVTC so I was curious if there is away to strip the NVTC .esp so that it really has just the interior cells and the doors and doesn't mess with anything else, or is there not really a lot I can do here?

I'm not sure if any of this made sense or whats really possible with tools beyond the GECK, my knowledge behind most of this is really limited. V:shobon:V

Your best bet would be to put an entrance to the TC in NVFR and delete all of the poo poo that NVTC adds to Freeside. Then have NVFR load after TC on your load order. This should make it so that it still loads the interior of TC, but it's model of freeside is without changes. Then when you load up NVFR it should replace the empty with the changes that it made and it should also have an entrance.

This may not work at all but I think it would based on my experience with the GECK.

Edit:

So you'd make edits like this:
1st: Load up GECK with NVTC set as the active file. Remove the everything that it added to Freeside but don't change the interior.
2nd: Load up GECK with NVTC followed by NVFR(NVFR needs to be the active file) and place an entrance to the the interior area in Freeside.
3rd: Start the game with NVFR below NVTC and see how it works.

Edit2: Oh. Whelp I have no advice then :(

Omnicarus fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 21, 2011

Opals25
Jun 21, 2006

TOURISTS SPOTTED, TWELVE O'CLOCK
I tried something like that (I think, I mean, I could have done it wrong but I think I got this) but had no luck. What I assume the problem is is that NVFR doesn't actually add new buildings where NVTC deletes them it just cleans them up a little bit so no matter the load order NVTC deletes them and NVFR just ignores that they're gone.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Just tried Underground Hideout New Vegas. Whoever was bitching about feature creep was right. Just give me a loving house and some storage areas FFS. I went in, it offered me a quest, so I figured it'd be find the owner or something. Nope, dropped me in a stupid maze with none of my items. After wandering around it for 15 minutes I decided I didn't have time for that poo poo and just reloaded and declined the quest. I went in and it offered me power management, where you have to buy materials to keep the electricity running, and make sure you didn't over use it. In my room there was a box for ammo, so I had it sort ammo, and all ammo went into the same box. Later, I found an ammo sorter in the Armory that sorted into ammo types. What's the point of having both? Definitely just gonna use Buck's Place from New Bison Steve's for now, until I find a better standalone replacement.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Just tried Underground Hideout New Vegas. Whoever was bitching about feature creep was right. Just give me a loving house and some storage areas FFS. I went in, it offered me a quest, so I figured it'd be find the owner or something. Nope, dropped me in a stupid maze with none of my items. After wandering around it for 15 minutes I decided I didn't have time for that poo poo and just reloaded and declined the quest. I went in and it offered me power management, where you have to buy materials to keep the electricity running, and make sure you didn't over use it. In my room there was a box for ammo, so I had it sort ammo, and all ammo went into the same box. Later, I found an ammo sorter in the Armory that sorted into ammo types. What's the point of having both? Definitely just gonna use Buck's Place from New Bison Steve's for now, until I find a better standalone replacement.

Old World Blues has the best player home ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Coughing Hobo posted:

Old World Blues has the best player home ever.

I'll keep that in mind once I have a job again. Til then, mods it is.