Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locus Cosecant
Jan 12, 2008
But yeah, a Genasi Stormsoul Evoker with the Genasi Wizard feats can do striker-level damage for a couple turns every encounter before he has to go back to being a controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I think a Genasi wizard that makes Strength its straight-up secondary attribute is pretty much a Striker all day long.

Mince Pieface
Feb 1, 2006

Yeah, a tiefling or genasi pyromancer with the right feat selection and items is basically a striker as far as anyone can tell. I think they have more stacking bonuses to damage than virtually any other class.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008
If you're feeling wacky, PMC sorcerer to add your Str to damage twice! Woah!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Strontosaurus posted:

What's a good way to make an Int-based striker that's heavy on control?

Why don't you use the new Bladesinger thing that was previewed recently? You only get the first ten levels because it's a preview but it's essentially a mêlée Wizard build with a few damage-boosting bits, and the usual Wizard AoE control stuff.

Not exactly a Striker but looks like what you want.

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks, guys. I will investigate.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Locus Cosecant posted:

There are no int-based strikers. With a high int, you're smart enough not to have to rely on brute force.

You could, concievably, make an INT-primary Slayer by MCing Swordmage and taking Intelligent Blademaster, but it would be totally not worth it, given that you'd have to give up your arms slot for Bracers of Mental Might to get your nova back.

Dedekind
Sep 6, 2003

The blasphemer, uncontrite, must be punished mightily.
While there are no Int-primary strikers, the warlock is a perfectly serviceable Int-secondary striker with great control. If you want to simply retrain your enchanter, fey pact is a very similar flavour at the expense of reduced damage. If damage is your focus, either Infernal Pact or Sorcerer-King pact.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

We're switching out DM's and moving into Paragon tier, and i'm switching from a Bard to a Warlord. Bravura Warlord seems like the most fun to play, I'm stuck with Human but would love some advice on how to best debuff the enemy and give my striker (Think its an avenger) some loving.

How does this look?

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Max, level 11
Human, Warlord (Marshal), Battlelord of Kord
Build: Bravura Warlord
Warlord Option: Battlefront Leader
Commanding Presence Option: Bravura Presence
Human Power Selection Option: Bonus At-Will Power
Early Life - Isolated (Perception class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 22, CON 14, DEX 11, INT 11, WIS 9, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 17, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 15

AC: 25 Fort: 25 Ref: 18 Will: 26
HP: 76 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 19

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +16, Diplomacy +14, History +10, Intimidate +14, Perception +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +5, Arcana +5, Bluff +9, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +7, Heal +4, Insight +4, Nature +4, Religion +5, Stealth +5, Streetwise +9, Thievery +5

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Warlord Feature: Battlefront Shift
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Warlord Attack 1: Brash Assault
Warlord Attack 1: Intuitive Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Viper's Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Warlord's Favor
Warlord Attack 1: Lamb to the Slaughter
Warlord Utility 2: Cunning Adjustment
Warlord Attack 3: No Gambit Is Wasted
Warlord Attack 5: Stand the Fallen
Warlord Utility 6: Inspiring Reaction
Warlord Attack 7: Provoke Overextension
Warlord Attack 9: Denying Mark
Warlord Utility 10: Instant Planning
Battlelord of Kord Attack 11: Tempest of Triumph

FEATS
Level 1: Human Perseverance
Level 1: Armored Warlord
Level 2: Superior Will
Level 4: Heavy Blade Expertise
Level 6: Improved Inspiring Word
Level 8: Saving Inspiration
Level 10: Martial Ploy
Level 11: Fight On

ITEMS
Inescapable Longsword +2 x1
Veteran's Scale Armor +2 x1
Adventurer's Kit
Amulet of Life +2 x1
Battleforged Shield (heroic tier) x1
====== End ======

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Vadun posted:

We're switching out DM's and moving into Paragon tier, and i'm switching from a Bard to a Warlord. Bravura Warlord seems like the most fun to play, I'm stuck with Human but would love some advice on how to best debuff the enemy and give my striker (Think its an avenger) some loving.

How does this look?

Just a few comments:

If you're going to be on the front lines, you might want to consider the Born under a bad sign/auspicious birth backgrounds.

As a stat line you probably want (pre-racial bump, then bump Str, and your level bumps should be Str/Cha):
STR 16, CON 13, DEX 11, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 16

Having Odd stats hurts you unless you know you're going to be playing in the level ranges where your stat bump gets you one up on everyone else (who took even stats). If you're in it for the long haul, it's not as good.

As for feats, you might want to consider the following:
Harlequin style to make a decent catch 22 with brash assault, mark of healing (if you can take it, do so! It's amazing), improved battlefront shift. Human Perseverance, saving inspiration and martial ploy are the feats I'd look at swapping out. As boring as it is, Toughness is also a feat to consider, as being on the front lines, and a leader, you are a juicy target.

As for powers, If you have an avenger (a high accuracy striker), then warlord's favor is somewhat useless, instead take vengeance is mine instead, as it allows you to dish out a little punishment along with your striker.

I would also suggest that you consider Knight's move (utility 2) instead of cunning adjustment, depending on how mobile you feel you and your striker are. The ability to move two dudes at the same time is pretty hot, and action economy is always a good thing.

As for your gear, I would suggest the following as a loadout for level 11:
Diamond Cincture (Heroic Tier)
Helm of Heroes (Heroic Tier)
+2 Steadfast Amulet
+2 Vanguard Longsword
+2 Dwarven Drakescale Armor
Iron Armbands of Power (Heroic Tier)
Heavy Shield

If you're feeling saucy, you can add on a +2 Farbond Longsword Spellblade to allow you to deal with ranged baddies.

Remember that you're a leader on the front lines, you want to lead by example, so while you're not healing or buffing, you're helping to put the bad guy in the ground.

If you can take a theme, you might want to consider noble (for an additional multi-move ability, and free iron armbands) or Dune Trader (for a similar multi-move ability)

The worst part about playing a leader though, is that you have to understand not only what you do well, but what the rest of the group does well, and tailor your powers to what they do and what they need help with.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Drewjitsu posted:

Human Perseverance

Resilient Focus is just straight-up better, if you really want a saving throw bonus.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

not too simple and not too kind
Fallen Rib
Knight's Move doesn't move two dudes, it just grants someone else your move action. If it was 'move, and move another guy too' it would be Super Ballin.

Compendium posted:

Encounter Martial
Move Action Ranged 10
Target: One ally
Effect: The target can take a move action as a free action.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Gomi posted:

Knight's Move doesn't move two dudes, it just grants someone else your move action. If it was 'move, and move another guy too' it would be Super Ballin.

Oops! Still, enabling your striker to move around and blow things up (like they are supposed to), is still pretty sweet. Given that you're paired up with an avenger, I'm not sure how good that really is. If it was a ranger you're paired up with, then definitely take it (along with Warlord's Favor).

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008
Brash Assault isn't all that good without Harlequin Style because often a monster's basic attacks are going to be outright better than a party members.

As was mentioned, Warlord's Favor is less good for an Avenger, Vengeance is Mine or Powerful Warning are both excellent choices though. Hammer and Anvil is fine too and more proactive if that's what you want.

At level 6 Inspiring Reaction is okay, but you'll probably get more mileage out of Rousing Words. It heals more, and heals when you want it to, and most importantly doesn't require you to be next to the person you want to heal.

Provoke Overextension is only as good as your defender's mark punishment, since you really want to use it to get extra damage that way. If your defender has a punishment that only works on a hit, like Battlemind or Swordmage, you should probably pick something else, because then it's just poor.

Denying Mark is not that good because the creatures you want to use it on all have fat bonuses to saving throws so it's unlikely to last long enough to actually do much of anything.

Locus Cosecant
Jan 12, 2008
Brash Assault is awful, it's a basic attack with bonus whining to your DM about how he never lets you do anything cool.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

Fallen Rib
Base Brash Assault is terrible. Harlequin Styled Brash Assault is amazing.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Locus Cosecant posted:

There are no int-based strikers. With a high int, you're smart enough not to have to rely on brute force.

Censure of Retribution Avenger uses Intelligence, no?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Not as an attack stat.

Int is a secondary for one or other of the warlock pacts, too.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm looking for some advice for my Swordmage.
He's only level 1 right now, but he'll be leveling up soon if he doesn't get killed.

I play more as a Striker. I toss out an Aegis on whatever I think needs it, then go to town on the first creature or group of creatures I come across.
Odds are, I'll go Anarch of Shyr for my paragon, if we make it that far.

pre:
Race: Human
Unaligned

Stats: (randomly rolled)

Str 16 
(I only ever played Fighters before, and I 
still had them in mind when I assigned strength. 
In retrospect, this 16 could have been put 
somewhere better.)

Con: 12 (For example, here.)

Dex: 12

Int: 19 (17 + Human racial)

Wis: 10

Cha: 10

Trained Skills
Arcana
Athletics
Endurance
History
Insight

Feats 
Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword - used 1 handed)
Toughness

At-Will
Aegis of Assault
Greenflame Blade
Frostwind Blade
Sword Burst

Encounter
Second Wind
Lightning Clash

Daily
Frost Backlash
I was thinking White Lotus Riposte and Spellbinder's Gift for my level 2 Feat/Utility, but beyond that, I don't know which powers or feats I should try to focus on.

Really Pants posted:

Ask if you can redo your ability scores, and if so, dump your Strength and take Intelligent Blademaster.

I doubt he'll let me, but I'll give it a shot.

J. Alfred Prufrock posted:

Expertise Expertise Expertise EXPERTISE
Other than that it looks fine.

Do you mean Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)? Or a different one?
I'm basing a lot of my information off of the old downloadable version of the character builder, so I'm not sure if I'm missing out on something that's glaringly obvious to everyone else.

the_steve fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Aug 6, 2011

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ask if you can redo your ability scores, and if so, dump your Strength and take Intelligent Blademaster.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008
Expertise Expertise Expertise EXPERTISE

Other than that it looks fine.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

the_steve posted:

Do you mean Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)? Or a different one?
I'm basing a lot of my information off of the old downloadable version of the character builder, so I'm not sure if I'm missing out on something that's glaringly obvious to everyone else.

For a Swordmage, it would have to be that, because Heavy Blade expertise doesn't apply to your implement attacks. But you might want to hold fire until the Dragon article this month which has weaplement expertise feats in it is released. It's written by the guy who wrote the Swordmage handbook on the WotC forums, so it should be appropriate for them with any luck.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008
Right now, it's Versatile Expertise. Hopefully the upcoming Dragon provides a better option. Either way, scaling +1 to hit with all your poo poo is better than pretty much everything ever. Pay Your Taxes

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

Fallen Rib
Is paying a feat for a die size bump from d8 to d10 really worth it, especially for a mixed [W] and implement power using class?

I think there's probably better picks for a level 1 feat than proficiency (bastard sword). Extended Teleportation (if the plan is to get a lot of teleport powers) or Mark of Warding (if allowed) would be good. The boring, yet mandatory, +atk feat, of course, but I think there's a better pick for the Human feat slot than broadsword proficiency.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My first proper character. How badly did I gently caress this up? :ohdear:

pre:
Magnus Aleblood, level 1
Dwarf, Warlord (Marshal)
Build: Tactical Warlord
Warlord Option: Combat Leader
Commanding Presence Option: Bravura Presence
East Rift (East Rift Benefit)
Theme: Mercenary

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 18, CON 13, DEX 10, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 13

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 16, CON 11, DEX 10, INT 16, WIS 8, CHA 13

AC: 16 Fort: 15 Ref: 13 Will: 12
HP: 25 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +8, Dungeoneering +8, History +8, Intimidate +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –1, Arcana +3, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Endurance +2, Heal –1, Insight –1, Nature –1, Perception –1, Religion +3, Stealth –1, Streetwise +1, Thievery –1

POWERS
Mercenary Attack: Takedown Strike
Dwarf Racial Power: Dwarven Resilience
Warlord Feature: Inspiring Word
Warlord Attack 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord Attack 1: Wolf Pack Tactics
Warlord Attack 1: Warlord's Favor
Warlord Attack 1: Lead the Attack

FEATS
Level 1: Dwarven Weapon Training

ITEMS
Chainmail x1
Adventurer's Kit
Maul x1
Crossbow
====== End ======

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Looks fine to me. I might take Expertiese before DWT, though it's easy to make the case for either. Really it depends on your strikers and how often you plan to use Commander's Strike. If you expect to CS more than WPT, take Expertise to make then non-at-will powers hit more often, thus getting the important riders more often. Otherwise, DWT becomes a legit alternative because you are rolling damage more often than not.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

DWT is a first-level feat for any Dwarf for whom it's useful - it means you have your weapon for your career early, and don't need to swap about should you pick up magic weapons early.

Honestly, though, on a Warlord, I'd be inclined against taking DWT - Warlords wield strikers, and strikers should always be doing more damage than them, regardless of what weapon the warlord has. If not, your strikers are doing it wrong.

Plus, if you have DWT, why wield only a Maul? Mordenkrads are objectively better, and you get them from that feat. Gouges are better still, and you get them from that feat.

You also need bolts if you ever want to fire your crossbow.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thanks for the hottip on the Mordenkrad, going to use it because it fits my theme a little better than a gouge. Reroll on a 1 on an attack roll? :allears:

As for bolts.. lets see how anal retentive my DM is lol

Hows my friends Vampire by the by? (No I cannot convince him not to make a Warforged Vampire)
Did he at least take the right stats? Is there any items he should have that he hasn't picked up?
pre:
Horizon, level 1
Warforged, Vampire
Frostfell (Primal Power) (Learn Dwarven)
Theme: Explorer

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 12, DEX 18, INT 12, WIS 8, CHA 14

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 10, DEX 18, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 14

AC: 16 Fort: 12 Ref: 14 Will: 14
HP: 24 Surges: 2 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +6, Athletics +5, History +6, Stealth +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering –1, Endurance +3, Heal –1, Insight –1, Intimidate +4, Nature –1, Perception –1, Religion +1, Streetwise +2, Thievery +4

POWERS
Explorer Utility: Surefooted Stride
Warforged Racial Power: Warforged Resolve
Vampire Attack: Blood Drinker
Vampire Attack 1: Swarm of Shadows
Vampire Attack 1: Dark Beckoning
Vampire Attack 1: Taste of Life
Vampire Attack 1: Vampire Slam

FEATS
Level 1: Ki Focus Expertise

ITEMS
Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) x1
Adventurer's Kit
Ki Focus x1
Dejada x1
====== End ======

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

Thanks for the hottip on the Mordenkrad, going to use it because it fits my theme a little better than a gouge. Reroll on a 1 on an attack roll? :allears:

That's actually rerolling a 1 on each damage die (either or both of the 2d6).

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh yeah I understood that. Minimum of 4 damage is awesome if it hits.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I like the ultra-reliable Valenar elf avenger with a falchion and the feat that makes 1's and 2's count as 3's. Yes I would like to roll twice to hit and do 6-8 damage from my weapon dice!

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Hows my friends Vampire by the by? (No I cannot convince him not to make a Warforged Vampire)

Looks okay, might consider taking a different theme but that's about it. Not much you can really do with the vampire since your choices are pretty much made for you. Maybe think about picking up Durable before lvl 3 but that's about it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Built fine, but don't be surprised if combat gets a bit grindy. Vampires can keep going all day, but their damage output is pretty low compared to most strikers.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Warlord stuff...

A few things off the top of my head.

Are you married to either the dwarf, or the tac warlord? Dwarves are con/str, which lends it to more of a front line bravura style warlord, as opposed to the mobile skirmishing type tac warlord. (I see that you did this on second look, you just selected the taclord build).

Genasi (especially watersoul) make excellent taclords.

If you're going to go bravura warlord, drop the int, as your cha will be better suited for your riders.

Something like this:

Bravura Warlord, level 1
Dwarf, Warlord
Build: Bravura Warlord
Archer Warlord Optional Choice: Standard Warlord Armor Features
Warlord: Battlefront Leader
Commanding Presence: Bravura Presence
Background: Born Under a Bad Sign (Born Under a Bad Sign Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 15, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 13, Dex 11, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16.

AC: 19 Fort: 15 Reflex: 12 Will: 14
HP: 30 Surges: 10 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Intimidate +8, Endurance +7, Athletics +7, Diplomacy +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics -2, Arcana, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +1, Heal -1, History, Insight -1, Nature -1, Perception -1, Religion, Stealth -2, Streetwise +3, Thievery -2

FEATS
Level 1: Armored Warlord

POWERS
Warlord at-will 1: Brash Assault
Warlord at-will 1: Intuitive Strike
Warlord encounter 1: Vengeance is Mine
Warlord daily 1: Lamb to the Slaughter

ITEMS
Scale Armor, Heavy Shield, Longsword, Adventurer's Kit, Javelin (3)
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Your powers will depend a bit on the make up of your party of course.

As for DWT, I would suggest sticking with the longsword. I know it's boring as hell, but that +3 prof bonus means that when you want to land that game changing daily power, you'll get an extra 5% to hit, which can be all the difference in the world. You won't end up doing a lot of damage, but that's find, as you'll be enabling the strikers to have retarded turns where they unload, hitting on a 2+.

Last thing, if you can take it, "Mark of Healing" (from Ebberon) is a retardedly good feat for you. It turns your heals into healing + saving throw, which might not be important at the heroic tier, but it becomes much more important from paragon on, when monsters hand out daze, stun, and dominates much more frequently.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
So I've been playing around with the bladesinger in the CB today and I'm wondering what the best way to play one is. Do I ignore Int and, subsequently, the Wizard powers or do I take melee training Dex?

The problem I see here is that for a melee guy my defences are going to be poo poo if I do the recommended and pump dex/int.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Half-elf cheese of some description, and utterly disbelieve the role definition provided. Eldritch Strike is probably the optimal way to get it working - adding Lasting Frost with Arcane Admixture, and going Morninglord using a Crusader's Singing Stick, Quickened Spellcasting at Epic.

Or Vampire Slam, but you lose out on all the weapon-based charge-op, but conversely can be pure DEX.

Alternatively, Eladrin/Swordmage/Eladrin Swordmage Advance.

Traveller's Harlequin is also a very tempting proposition, because you probably want multiple multiclasses to better optimise both your MBA with Martial, and your vulnerability-imposition with Divine.

But yeah, having hosed about with one a couple of times, I don't think there's a lot to gain from going INT-primary. The NADs simply suffer too much. So, STR/DEX works nicely, Half-Elf CON/CHA/WIS/DEX//DEX works nicely... INT really doesn't. With powers like Charm of Misplaced Wrath available, which get their best effects without a hit roll, you can get away with never needing to roll INT attack rolls (though you might as well, you might crit and get some extra goodies).

But the most important thing to realise is that this is not a controller. It's a striker. Its control sucks badly, whereas its striking stands to actually be quite potent, even if you just get a frost weapon and lasting frost, let alone stacking up multiple damage-type-cheese.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008

Dr Nick posted:

So I've been playing around with the bladesinger in the CB today and I'm wondering what the best way to play one is. Do I ignore Int and, subsequently, the Wizard powers or do I take melee training Dex?

The problem I see here is that for a melee guy my defences are going to be poo poo if I do the recommended and pump dex/int.

Exactly the same as every other MBA-all-the-time class: charge optimization. And hey, what a surprise! You already have the Dex for Surprising Charge! :rimshot:

The best route here looks to be Eldrtich Strike + Kulkor Arms Master + WinterFrost for delicious quadruple-dipping vulnerabilities. You'd have to do something about an implement, though, since you can't use a spear as one. A quickdraw familiar, fast hands, or just Quick Draw would all be fine.

So at level 16 your feats would probably look something like:

Spear Expertise, [fighter multiclass], Surprising Charge, Wintertouched, Polearm Momentum, Versatile Master, Lasting Frost, Impaling Spear, Arcane Admixture, and one other feat (Weapon Focus or White Lotus Riposte, probably, or Arcane Admixture against if you want to use a bladespell besides the cold one, or Quick Draw/Familiar/Skill Power if you want your L2 utility slot open).

You have to gently caress around with your ability scores a little bit to get the 15 Wis for Polearm Momentum but it's worth it. Con is primary, Dex is secondary.

So you charge (or MBA if you absolutely can't get the charge off), attacking Reflex (which should make up for only having a +2 proficiency bonus), if you hit you slide them 2 squares, knocking them prone, and triggering both the bladespell and KAM. Bladespell first (it's No Action, so should be fine with KAM's Free Action), then KAM's attack. If that one hits, bladespell again.

So potentially 2[W]+Con+5, then Dex+5, then 1[W]+Con+5, then Dex+5 again, assuming you hit or bladespell'd them in the previous turn. If you didn't, you lose the first +5 but still get it on all the others.

palecur
Nov 3, 2002

Fallen Rib
If the MC feat is available, MC shaman, get an Alfsair Spear, boom, implement.

J. Alfred Prufrock
Sep 9, 2008
Gotta MC fighter for Polearm Momentum and Surprising Charge, so multiclassing is out. It's no biggy if you have to stick to powers that mostly function without needing to hit, particularly because just basic attacking is going to be better than most of your encounter-cum-daily powers anyway. If you can spare a feat, powerswapping a daily into one of the boss fighter stances wouldn't be a bad move, though you are really tight on feats since you definitely do want to finish out the White Lotus Riposte pair at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobold
Jan 22, 2008

Centuries of knowledge ingrained into my brain,
and this STILL makes no sense.
Hey all. I'm getting to chance to play in a Dark Sun game, so I'm dusting off the idea I had for a Goliath Templar Lazylord. It's only level 8 at the start, but I wanted to plan ahead to save taking too long while digging through books and whatnot during game time. I looked at some other sources for abilities to take and whatnot, and this is what I've gotten so far:

Ukase, level 30
Goliath, Warlord, Praetor Legate, Hordemaster
Build: Tactical Warlord
Archer Warlord Optional Choice: Standard Warlord Armor Features
Warlord: Battlefront Leader
Commanding Presence: Tactical Presence
Horde Champion: Horde Champion Strength
Horde Champion: Horde Champion Intelligence
Background: Birth - Blessed (Insight class skill)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 30, Con 14, Dex 10, Int 24, Wis 12, Cha 13.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 10, Dex 8, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 11.

AC: 35 Fort: 39 Reflex: 35 Will: 35
HP: 171 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 42

TRAINED SKILLS
Endurance +21, Insight +21, Diplomacy +21, Intimidate +21

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +14, Arcana +22, Bluff +16, Dungeoneering +16, Heal +16, History +22, Nature +18, Perception

+16, Religion +22, Stealth +14, Streetwise +16, Thievery +14, Athletics +26

FEATS
Feat User Choice: Improved Defenses
Feat User Choice: Axe Expertise
Level 1: Tactical Assault
Level 2: Lend Might
Level 4: Lend Strength
Level 6: Inspirational Attacker
Level 8: Goliath Greatweapon Prowess
Level 10: Improved Tactics
Level 11: Cragborn Courage
Level 12: Fight On
Level 14: Tactician's Word
Level 16: Vexing Flanker
Level 18: Deadly Axe
Level 20: Benevolent Templar
Level 21: Reliable Action
Level 22: Shared Resources
Level 24: Tactical Action
Level 26: Martial Mastery
Level 28: Epic Resurgence
Level 30: Epic Will

POWERS
Dark Sun: Far Hearing
Warlord at-will 1: Commander's Strike
Warlord at-will 1: Intuitive Strike
Warlord encounter 1: Warlord's Favor
Warlord daily 1: Lead the Attack
Warlord utility 2: Reward the Obedient
Warlord encounter 3: Devastating Offensive
Warlord daily 5: Glare of Oppression
Warlord utility 6: Rousing Words
Warlord encounter 7: Fettering Glare
Warlord daily 9: Imperious Gaze
Warlord utility 10: Berate the Weak
Warlord encounter 13: Death from Two Sides (replaces Warlord's Favor)
Warlord daily 15: Anticipate Attack (Warlord) (replaces Lead the Attack)
Warlord utility 16: Decisive Timing
Warlord encounter 17: Hail of Steel (replaces Devastating Offensive)
Warlord daily 19: Victory Surge (replaces Glare of Oppression)
Warlord utility 22: Harrying Warhound
Warlord encounter 23: Hold that Thought (replaces Fettering Glare)
Warlord daily 25: Precision Stance (replaces Imperious Gaze)
Warlord encounter 27: A Plan Comes Together (replaces Death from Two Sides)
Warlord daily 29: Stand Invincible (replaces Anticipate Attack (Warlord))

ITEMS
Hide Armor, Trikal of Shared Wrath
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Thoughts?

I went for Axe Expertise because I was using a Trikal (Axe/Polearm with Reach), but I'm not married to that weapon choice. Only things I'm sticking to is being a Goliath and TacLord. I think I'm weakest in the feats department... I kind of ran out of ideas as points in Paragon and Epic. Also, suggestions for a wish list would be pretty nice.

EDIT:
... I thought I posted this guy here before (albeit only at level 10-ish). Maybe it was in an older thread.

Kobold fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 11, 2011

• Locked thread