Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phetz
Nov 7, 2008

Daddy like...
Fun Shoe
AG Supplementary Uniques 2.61 is out and includes some minor fixes along with guns for Old World Blues!

Also DFB Random Encounters is still a mod to watch because the author plans to add robots, nightkin, super mutants and bosses(?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009
Ugggghhhh, another GECK modding problem. At least this time I'm pretty sure the problem I'm running into isn't my own stupidity.

How would I go about making a patch for WMX that makes This Machine and its non-unique counterpart the Battle Rifle not so frustratingly inaccurate? The spread on the thing is ridiculous, hitting anything from more than 15 yards away is practically impossible. I've tried fixing it myself, but every time I try to change their spread values with the GECK, the new .esp makes my game stall on the main menu (the music plays, but it just sits there on the screen with the ranger and the menu never comes up).

Failing that, could someone make the patch and throw it up somewhere like Megaupload? :frogbon:

Here's my load order in case you need it:
code:
FalloutNV.esm
CaravanPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
Primary Needs HUD.esm
aHUD.esm
Advanced Recon Tech.esm
DFB - Random Encounters.esm
The.Armory.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
HUD Extended.esp
Advanced Recon Gear.esp
Advanced Recon Tech.esp
Advanced Recon Tech - Detect Traps.esp
Detect Traps - DLC.esp
Detect Traps - Perk.esp
IDreamOfElectricSheep.esp
Advanced Recon Gear-Locations Doc Mitchell.esp
WearGloves.esp
aaaJNFSniperZooming.esp
ammocrafting.esp
Tailor Maid - NV.esp
w44Satchels - Lite.esp
Wolfeco_Courier.esp
realistic headshots.esp
DK_BulletTime_NV.esp
CourierHideout.esp
WastelandNecklaceCollection.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
WMX-PreOrderPackCaravan.esp
WMX-HonestHearts.esp
WMX-DeadMoney.esp
WMX-OldWorldBlues.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
WMR_WMX_S.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Dead Money.esp
AG Supplementary Uniques-Honest Hearts.esp
XFO - 4ba - Perks - Perk Every Level.esp
XFO - 5ea - Skills - Barter - Mild.esp
XFO - 6be - Pacing - Vanilla (JUST No Cap).esp
XFO - 7b - UnMSG - Karma (Incl Sounds).esp
XFO - 8c - Karma Rebalance.esp
LeatherBackpack - eng.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.WPPatch.Vanilla.esp
Imp's Timescale Adjuster.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp
ILO-RI-Honest Hearts.esp
ILO-RI-PipBoy Light.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Nevada Skies - URWLHH.esp
ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp
CRL9K_ThisMachineSound.esp
Purge Cell Buffers.esp

Total active plugins: 59
Total plugins: 59

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Just as an FYI, RFCW should be avoided in general. It adds significant load times and instability to the game, also a bunch of glitches which break your game. I would wait a while before trying it, there's a long way to go before it's ready.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does A World of Pain add "M" variants of guns to the game - essentially superior but rarer versions of vanilla guns with larger ammo clips/more damage. I'm trying to figure out which mod's responsible, and I don't think they're part of The Armory.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
That's AWOP and M guns aren't rare, they are everywhere. Take my advice and uninstall that horrible disease.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Cubemario posted:

That's AWOP and M guns aren't rare, they are everywhere. Take my advice and uninstall that horrible disease.

It's also added silent NPCs around each settlement, some entirely out of place (like a lone Elite NCR Ranger sniper in Novac). And there's been a number of typos/poor English in the few bits of dialog I've found. But it's the M guns that are my biggest gripe because they're overpowered. Should my save file be fine if I purge myself of any M guns and lock myself away in a room without any, before uninstalling the mod?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dissolusion posted:

Now I just have to figure out why the Gauss pistol doesn't actually fire shots. Right now its like a kids laser gun that makes noise and lights but doesn't do anything.

That means it doesn't have a projectile set. Sometimes the GECK will just refuse to save a projectile for a weapon, no matter how many times you set it and save next time you open it up the weapon will be projectileless. I've especially had this problem when creating a plugin that edits a weapon added by another plugin, and had to go edit the original plugin instead.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
CoP, thanks for the recommendation on the Creatures Give You Hell and Rise of the Machines. If I am looking at these correctly, they only alter global variables, and not individual enemies, so they should be compatible with the DLC?

It made robots much harder, but I also can't clear out the entire loving strip by myself now :v:

Is there a good "strip open" mod with minimal compatibility issues out yet?

Pikey
Dec 25, 2004
What's a good set of mods to run if I want to shift he game towards more of a post-apocalyptic survival game? I've just got project Nevada installed right now, will playing that on hard/very hard be enough? Also, is there a decent house mod that has a quest associated with it? I like the in game houses but it's annoying that you have to get so far in the storyline to get one, even if you have the pre-requisite reputation before that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pikey posted:

What's a good set of mods to run if I want to shift he game towards more of a post-apocalyptic survival game? I've just got project Nevada installed right now, will playing that on hard/very hard be enough? Also, is there a decent house mod that has a quest associated with it? I like the in game houses but it's annoying that you have to get so far in the storyline to get one, even if you have the pre-requisite reputation before that.

I really like Courier Hideout. It has a nice little "quest" where you go find the other people that lived in it and you get a nice custom rifle from it as well.

It's also a small yet useable hideout, not a "oh this courier actually has his own personal mega vault that rivals everything in existence".

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Ah, League where a custom draft game is ruined because you banned Lux and the rest of the team doesn't want to pick a healer. It's just that one non flavor of the month ban that has lost the game.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Does anyone know if perks like Grunt, Cowboy & And Stay Back apply to AG Supplementary Uniques weapons?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Does anyone prefer or still use VATS with PN's bullet time as an option or do you disable bullet time?

Because I love bullet time. It let's me do all the vats "aiming" without pausing the action. It also let me (on my last playthrough) to never bother with any VATS related perk.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
I honestly keep forgetting bullet time even exists.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Does anyone prefer or still use VATS with PN's bullet time as an option or do you disable bullet time?

Because I love bullet time. It let's me do all the vats "aiming" without pausing the action. It also let me (on my last playthrough) to never bother with any VATS related perk.

I vastly prefer the bullet time way. The challenge becomes to get all the shots I need during the slowdown window instead of getting a bunch of perks to artificially inflate a probability.

Plus, you might avoid VATS perks, but most of them have bullet time equivalents in Project Nevada now. Grim Reaper's Sprint is actually kinda nice with bullet time.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Jan posted:

I vastly prefer the bullet time way. The challenge becomes to get all the shots I need during the slowdown window instead of getting a bunch of perks to artificially inflate a probability.

Plus, you might avoid VATS perks, but most of them have bullet time equivalents in Project Nevada now. Grim Reaper's Sprint is actually kinda nice with bullet time.

Grim Reaper's Spirit with Bullet Time and a high power rifle is unbelievably broken. I don't think it completely replenishes the AP meter with PN, but it may as well. Bullet Time with a minigun weapon is also the only correct way to play.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k

SourceElement posted:

Grim Reaper's Spirit with Bullet Time and a high power rifle is unbelievably broken. I don't think it completely replenishes the AP meter with PN, but it may as well. Bullet Time with a minigun weapon is also the only correct way to play.

Yeah, bullet time is a wee bitty too powerful, even compared to VATS. If you install the adrenaline implant you can quite literally walk into a room, press "c", headshot ten guys, then pop out of bullet time and be ready to do it again in all of 5 seconds.

It also makes turbo significantly less useful, which won't stand. :colbert:

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I just wish you could set up Project Nevadas bullet time to function like Turbo rather then slowing you down as well.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

I feel like this has probably been asked a million times but I haven't seen an answer in this thread yet.

How do WMX and WME stack up? Is one significantly more polished than the other? Does one have a lot more conflicts with other mods like The Armory? Any preferences?

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

fennesz posted:

I feel like this has probably been asked a million times but I haven't seen an answer in this thread yet.

How do WMX and WME stack up? Is one significantly more polished than the other? Does one have a lot more conflicts with other mods like The Armory? Any preferences?

I find WMX is generally less buggy and more aesthetically polished. Plus Antistar is working on adding mods to every unarmed and melee weapon. The mods are pretty repetitive though, most guns and energy weapons have scopes and some kind of extended capacity.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

DemonNick posted:

I find WMX is generally less buggy and more aesthetically polished. Plus Antistar is working on adding mods to every unarmed and melee weapon. The mods are pretty repetitive though, most guns and energy weapons have scopes and some kind of extended capacity.

I don't really mind that actually, after scrolling through the various screens on each weapon it does seem like he went out of his way to allow durability and fire rate enhancing mods onto weapons if they were a good fit. Better than literally making extended magazines, silencers and scopes the only option on each weapon. I'm someone who prefers weapons to have fewer mods (especially if they're all scopes and silencers) on weapons so I won't have a problem picking and choosing what I do want.

I held off for so long because I was worried it'd conflict with AG Uniques or The Armory somewhere.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I'd rather have a smaller selection of mods that make sense then a ton of options for each that are stupid for the sake of numbers anyways. The same type of mods repeating between guns makes sense because there's only so many sensible things you can do to make a gun better. Though I would like to see some unique energy weapon mods. My next char is gonna be EW for sure.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gyshall posted:

CoP, thanks for the recommendation on the Creatures Give You Hell and Rise of the Machines. If I am looking at these correctly, they only alter global variables, and not individual enemies, so they should be compatible with the DLC?

It made robots much harder, but I also can't clear out the entire loving strip by myself now :v:

Is there a good "strip open" mod with minimal compatibility issues out yet?

No problem. "Rise of the Machines" seems to focus on modifying Actor Effects, which basically acts as perks and traits for creatures. This is how the author bulked up the DT ratings for robots. "Creatures Give You Hell" does the same thing, but it also goes through and edits the templates for a lot creatures in order to change HP values. A lot of creature variants look at the same templates to get their information, so they *sort of* act like globals.

I've been running both mods in conjunction with PN and a couple of equipment mods, and there don't seem to be any conflicts so far.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I always disabled it by default because I figured there were enough ways to slow down time through VATS and Turbo, already. And then you've got the new OWB perk that adds a Turbo implant, so...bullet time just seemed like overkill. Does it require a chem to trigger (like FWE's bullet time requiring Jet?)

Deleuzionist
Jul 20, 2010

we respect the antelope; for the antelope is not a mere antelope
Is there a meditation or yoga mod yet?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I'd rather have a smaller selection of mods that make sense then a ton of options for each that are stupid for the sake of numbers anyways. The same type of mods repeating between guns makes sense because there's only so many sensible things you can do to make a gun better. Though I would like to see some unique energy weapon mods. My next char is gonna be EW for sure.

I loved energy weapons in Fallout 1-3, but in New Vegas you have all the really cool reloading ammos, not to mention the nostalgia factor of using lever action rifles or breech loading shotguns while dressed in a 19th century duster.

I'm using Reload and while going through the process cast different caliber bullets, and having to lug a round reloading dies / only reload at home does annoy me somewhat, having different chambered versions of the same weapon is pretty cool.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Deleuzionist posted:

Is there a meditation or yoga mod yet?

How did you achieve that picture? It looks amazing.

Ok, two questions.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good outdoor lighting/weather mod. I've used Nevada Skies-URWL, Fellout, and Western Skies, and none of them really appealed to me. Can you guys recommend one? I'm just looking for something really pretty to look at.

Second of all, is there a way to change Project Nevada's bullet time to function like Turbo instead of a global slowdown on everything?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Brace posted:

Ok, two questions.

I'm having a lot of trouble finding a good outdoor lighting/weather mod. I've used Nevada Skies-URWL, Fellout, and Western Skies, and none of them really appealed to me. Can you guys recommend one? I'm just looking for something really pretty to look at.

Second of all, is there a way to change Project Nevada's bullet time to function like Turbo instead of a global slowdown on everything?

Try Nevada Skies non-UWRL.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
So I'm having a problem with factions not attacking me on sight when I'm vilified with them. I believe it began when the pre-OWB patch hit. My mods all appear up to date, here's my load order.

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
CaravanPack.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
More Perks.esm
IWR.esm
Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes.esm
The.Armory.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
More Perks Update.esp
IWR - Rebuilt.esp
Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes DLC01.esp
Machienzo - NPC Cosmetic Fixes DLC02.esp
Easier Hacking 1-1.esp
New Vegas Map Markers.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
HonestHeartsCheats.esp
No Weapon Remove Dead Money.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
The.Armory.Terminator.Pack.esp
The.Armory.Honest.Hearts.BasePatch.esp
The.Armory.Leveled.List.esp
The.Armory.Cabinet.Addon.esp
FalloutNVCheatTerminal.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul-Realistic Interiors-Full.esp
ILO-RI-Dead Money.esp
ILO-RI-Honest Hearts.esp
ILO-RI-PipBoy Light.esp
Western Sky.esp
Night Brightness Adjuster.esp

Total active plugins: 37
Total plugins: 45

Connoisseur
Oct 2, 2010

"Every minute we waste could be the difference between a soldier goin' home alive or goin' home in a bag."

Brace posted:

I don't know about customizing Project Nevada, but you might want to try the DK_BulletTime mod which has an option to make the bullet time behave like turbo. It also lets you customize the AP consumption and the slowdown on regular bullet time.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Brace posted:

Ok, two questions.

Alternatively, try F3NV Project Reality out. It began as a weather mod for people using RFCW, but it has evolved to also function as a standalone weather / lighting mod for people just playing New Vegas. The screenshots seem to suggest it does more than simply modifying the weather, so it might be up your alley.

If you end up checking this mod out, let me know what you think. I'm curious.

EDIT: Some screenshots from the mod, to entice.

Actually, all this talk about it has convinced me to check it out, myself.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 2, 2011

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
That poo poo looks ugly.

DFB - Random Encounters was just updated to have Robots (although this apparently doesn't work), Super Mutants, Bosses, etc. Remember, all this stuff is configurable if you are running Mod Configuration Menu, so it is very easy to get rid of the stuff you want or don't want.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Gyshall posted:

That poo poo looks ugly.

DFB - Random Encounters was just updated to have Robots (although this apparently doesn't work), Super Mutants, Bosses, etc. Remember, all this stuff is configurable if you are running Mod Configuration Menu, so it is very easy to get rid of the stuff you want or don't want.

Really? I kind of like it, actually. It reminds me of STALKER a lot, and there are some pretty awesome lighting conditions that come out of it. Although I did encounter one of the most hilarious "bugs" ever because of it: The author added a "heat haze" effect in certain conditions, except the game seems to think the effect is a gas trap. Cue distant snipers shooting at me and bursting into flames because they've wandered into the "haze cone" the mod adds. I removed the effect and everything seems hunky-dory now, but :wtc:

Are the random encounter creatures subject to the same changes that other mods make? Like, if we're using "Creatures Give You Hell" or the Armory / Project Nevada, do those encounters pull changes from the mods so that they're consistent with the rest of the game?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I just added those two mods now, but have been running DFB for a good while now. I'll have to see - something tells me dude made his own monsters for the mod, so I'm not sure.

Also - WMX vs WME - I like WMX, mainly because the models are pretty high quality, they make sense, and are pretty reasonable in implementation (handgun scopes fit multiple weapons, etc.) The author is adding a melee mod system soon that looks to be something out of Dead Rising's book - spikes, barbed wire, etc all on baseball bats and the like.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Just tried out this enhanced blood textures mod, it's really great and I think it should be on the OP: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34917

Screenshot
http://steamcommunity.com/id/cubemario/screenshot/558664198985498611

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gyshall posted:

That poo poo looks ugly.

I think it looks okay - one thing that bugs me about a lot of the weather mods (and maybe even in vanilla NV, I don't really remember) is that certain areas of the game are way oversaturated. It's something unique to NV - I don't recall FO3 ever having areas that seemed cartoonishly colourful. I like the much more muted tones in that mod.

Though it would be nice if it had a tie-in with Ambient Temperature like Nevada Skies, to make the weather cycles match the current date in the game rather than just being randomly chosen.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I think it looks okay - one thing that bugs me about a lot of the weather mods (and maybe even in vanilla NV, I don't really remember) is that certain areas of the game are way oversaturated. It's something unique to NV - I don't recall FO3 ever having areas that seemed cartoonishly colourful. I like the much more muted tones in that mod.

FO3 never seemed oversaturated because its tone filter was a drab green, compared to NV's warm orange.

EDIT:

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Really? I kind of like it, actually. It reminds me of STALKER a lot, and there are some pretty awesome lighting conditions that come out of it. Although I did encounter one of the most hilarious "bugs" ever because of it: The author added a "heat haze" effect in certain conditions, except the game seems to think the effect is a gas trap. Cue distant snipers shooting at me and bursting into flames because they've wandered into the "haze cone" the mod adds. I removed the effect and everything seems hunky-dory now, but :wtc:

I'm gonna give this a shot, is the haze cone something I can get rid of using FNVEdit, and if so, what should I delete? I don't have geck installed and don't feel like installing it to edit one small thing in one mod.

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Aug 3, 2011

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

FO3 never seemed oversaturated because its tone filter was a drab green, compared to NV's warm orange.

EDIT:

I'm gonna give this a shot, is the haze cone something I can get rid of using FNVEdit, and if so, what should I delete? I don't have geck installed and don't feel like installing it to edit one small thing in one mod.

The mod author just mentioned in the comments thread that he knows about the bug now, so if you can't figure out how to fix it yourself, you could probably just wait a couple days and most likely he'll have a fix up.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Yeah, last update was today, so I'm guessing it won't take a while. I'll wait in case doing it manually ends up breaking something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrorclaus
Oct 10, 2008
I played Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas on the console and loved them. Just recently I got New Vegas for the pc, and I am completely overwhelmed by all the mods; can anyone give a recommended load out, or certain mods that might contradict with each other?