Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

Dark Silver Shield destroys 4-2, the reapers and their little shadow guys who fire the lasers that gently caress you up just get all their poo poo deflected, then it's a matter of slashing the reapers a couple of times and reap(er)ing your rewards.

Thought it was really interesting when I was looking up more info into the worlds we had, that in Boletaria especially, the bosses of 1-1, 1-2 and 1-3 and the three black phantoms you fight in 1-4 are supposed to be the same people. The archer who lead a squadron of elite archers (Phalanx), the tower knight (...tower knight) and the knight of the lance (penetrator). I loved the way you even got the equipment from them, too. (I think this is right, but honestly, it's a little tough to decide which is meant to be which considering phalanx uses spears rather than bows, and penetrator uses a sword)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Well, one of those phantoms uses the penetrator sword so he's penetrator. The guy with the scraping spear and tower shield is tower knight. The odd one out is the bowman who is replaced with phalanx -- a phalanx is a spear formation and has nothing to do with bows, the closest thing to phalanx is probably Patches. The disconnect isn't bad though, things not quite matching your expectations, especially as far as the plot goes is the way the rest of the game is too (5-3, the note on the Talisman of Beasts) and I think it's somewhat intentional that the three 1-4 phantoms are seen in black phantom form, mentioned by name by Ostrava, but only 2/3rds realized in full boss form. By somewhat intentional I don't mean they were planned that way, but when things turned out the way they did (phalanx was too cool to pass up so just associate him with the big shield phantom via the scraping spear -- and by the way Tower Knight uses a lance whose closest weapon in the game is probably the blueblood sword...) it was a bit mismatched from the mythology, but the mismatch between what you see in the game and the game's backstory is part of Demon's Souls as well. Jerk hero, misattributed god, scrambled phantoms, false dichotomy that none the less exists between magic camps, an assassin whose end goal seems quite similar to yours if you choose the good ending, etc.

raton fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Aug 2, 2011

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Sheep-Goats posted:

Cursed Crushing Knight Sword +5 is the best one handed option IMO.

I've been trying to go this route, I've got myself the Knight Sword from 1-3 and upgraded it to +3, but Greystone is really hard to come by. Any tips for finding this stuff?

Edit: Backtracking from the Flamelurker Archstone and killing the Rock Worms seems to be the best option yeah?

Leyburn fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 2, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Pure black world tendency is critical for stone farming, it's a flat out waste of time to do it any other way. Don't forget you can get a free pure greystone just by showing the dragon bone smasher to Blue Phantom Scirvir, so you'll want to finish world 2, get the DBS (which is a great weapon for a strength character anyway) and get your pure stone before blackening the world for farming. And yeah, starting from the flamelurker archstone and running back to the five gigaworms (two by the hands of god, three at the base of the cavern) is probably the best you can do.

Oh and that crushing knight sword is a pretty capable pvp weapon if you two hand it. Getting the first shot in can be hard but it has sick stunlock and when cursed you can get 1000+ hp combos pretty easily. Claymore or great axe are probably stronger, but the knight sword can get it done.

Farming greystone is fairly unpleasant but at least it's doable (unlike pure moonlight or darkmoon) and not as incredibly repetitious and luck bound as loving bladestone. Oh and if it's shards you need the Filthy Man sells them but only in 2-2 and only in NG+ or later -- he's the only vendor that changes from NG to NG+.

raton fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Aug 2, 2011

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

Sheep-Goats posted:

That reaper's a bitch, though. There's no clean way to kill him unless you're overleveled or your equipment is overpowered for where you are in the game. Surest way is to use a weapon with ground pound (meat cleaver, great axe and others with that animation -- two handed rolling r1). Lots of people also prefer to just run past him down the stairs as well.

I know I'm late with this but on my secret dagger guy that reaper was shockingly easy. You can chainsaw through his health fast enough with a lunge and basic dagger swipes on NG to where he can't even get a swing off at you. If you sprint past and loop so the laserghost gets confused you can drop the lot in no time.

My knight, on the other hand... I think I had to resort to my dragon knightsword for the fire stun.

e: Yes, I do kill everything I come across as I progress through a level. :clint:

ivantod
Mar 27, 2010

Mahalo, fuckers.

Zahi posted:

I could use a body for 4-2 if someone wants to help. I'm having trouble getting past the third reaper, the one right in the alcove before the staircase with the ghost in front of him. I kill him maybe 1 out of 4 times only to die to the old hero. Just need a poor goon to drag along to finally beat this.

Soul level like 39 or 40 or something. PSN; Zahi_
If you want to cheese it, it is possible to snipe the third reaper with a bow from the stairs just before where the second one is. The only thing is that you have to go through the fog door after the second reaper first before the third will appear in his location.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

For the third Reaper I just tank the Hyper Beam from his bait ghost, swing round the corner and demolish him with my Crescent Falchion. Then I get the gently caress out of dodge so the ghost can't kill me before it auto-dies.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

ivantod posted:

If you want to cheese it, it is possible to snipe the third reaper with a bow from the stairs just before where the second one is. The only thing is that you have to go through the fog door after the second reaper first before the third will appear in his location.

Speaking of reaper cheese, apparently (according to some multiplayer floor writing) if you stand around where the first beam-ghost appears, halfway down that first flight of stairs you can shoot the second reaper with a bow. I've never managed it though, the beam-ghost re-appears too fast for me.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Reaper cheese smells really bad but it tastes good if you try it.

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

ivantod posted:

Thanks. As for running down the stairs, he just magics your sorry rear end 100% to dead and if you shield, he does it 2 more times. So many souls lost.

TheForgotton
Jun 10, 2001

I'm making a career of evil.
I finally got the Master Basher's trophy this morning. Backtracking from the Flamelurker archstone in PBWT did the trick to get me the last couple of chunks. I even managed to snag an extra pure greystone!

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Was going through 4-2 on my level 1 run, and got up to that one reaper everyone's been talking about. It didn't end well.

I'm going to give it another shot though, poo poo happens.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Shlapintogan posted:

Was going through 4-2 on my level 1 run, and got up to that one reaper everyone's been talking about. It didn't end well.

I'm going to give it another shot though, poo poo happens.

My strategy (admittedly with a much higher level character who was capable of stunlocking the reaper with the BBS):
-Block the beam attack with dss
-run to just beyond the wall blocking you from the reaper so you're right next to him but can't see him
-Immediately attack the reaper with your best weapon like 5 times
-run away

I also tried using wrath of god after blocking the beam attack but it didn't kill the reaper.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Well, the difficulty didn't get me to stop playing the game, but the pure out-of-this world shittiness of 5-2 did. That level has to be some kind of masterpiece of "how to suck any enjoyment and will to go on out of your player" design. A dark featureless expanse with poisonous ground that drastically impaires your movement abilities. Excellent!

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'm trying to finish this before Dark Souls comes out so I decided to roll a new character. I chose Knight cause I wanna go Vitality/Endurance/Strength/Dexterity character (and maybe enough to get a healing spell later). I've finished 1-1,1-2, and just now 2-1 and I know how much of a pain Flamelurker is, at least to me.

I need some good early gear. I know of the Purple Flame Shield but I forgot to get it before I killed Phalanx and I'm not sure if it sticks around when the Dragons leave or not. I'm using a Broadsword + Spear at the moment and all the rest is default gear and it's not good enough. So, any early pro-tips or knowledge of early level gear would be greatly appreciated.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Flamelurker's going to be a war of attrition unless you have a weapon that can deal magic damage to him.
You can get one pretty easily in 4-1 - there's a ledge to the left of the first set of stairs. If you find your way up there and either fight or avoid the black skeleton, the loot on the edge itself is a Crescent Falchion +1, which does magic damage and is generally a solid weapon. Combine it with some Sticky White Stuff and you'll do a lot more damage to Flamelurker than you were before.

There are other, better magic-damage weapons but they're kind of a pain in the rear end to get without Flamelurker's own stone. :downs: That falchion is free and low-effort (whether you :black101: up and fight the skeleton down, run past him and grab it, or cheese him with arrows is up to you).

Read
Dec 21, 2010

WASDF posted:

I'm trying to finish this before Dark Souls comes out so I decided to roll a new character. I chose Knight cause I wanna go Vitality/Endurance/Strength/Dexterity character (and maybe enough to get a healing spell later). I've finished 1-1,1-2, and just now 2-1 and I know how much of a pain Flamelurker is, at least to me.

I need some good early gear. I know of the Purple Flame Shield but I forgot to get it before I killed Phalanx and I'm not sure if it sticks around when the Dragons leave or not. I'm using a Broadsword + Spear at the moment and all the rest is default gear and it's not good enough. So, any early pro-tips or knowledge of early level gear would be greatly appreciated.

Both the Purple Flame Shield and the Ring of Flame Resistance are available at the dragon's nest, all the dragons leaving does is make them easier to loot. Doomfunk already discussed magic weapons but while on the topic of magic, if you're willing to raise your magic to 10 you can pick up water veil to reduce the damage you take further.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Thank you. Now I have to make the annoying trip down into Flamelurker's pit.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

It's pretty fast if you go straight down!

No, really. Turn right from the archstone instead of left, with some strategic falls you can land safely in a room with three burrowing worms and go straight to him in no time flat.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

What do you do when you run out of healing items? Best places to farm moon grasses?

doomfunk posted:

It's pretty fast if you go straight down!

No, really. Turn right from the archstone instead of left, with some strategic falls you can land safely in a room with three burrowing worms and go straight to him in no time flat.

It eats up a lot of my healing items, which is bad.

Gazmachine
May 22, 2005

Happy Happy Breakdance Challenge 4

WASDF posted:

What do you do when you run out of healing items? Best places to farm moon grasses?

It eats up a lot of my healing items, which is bad.

The falls shouldn't be hurting you, except possibly one of the last ones. A couple of treks through the later Boletaria stages should give you plenty of decent healing grass. I'm fairly sure that Boletaria's the only place you can get moon grasses, or the only place you can reliably get them as drops anyway.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Gazmachine posted:

The falls shouldn't be hurting you, except possibly one of the last ones. A couple of treks through the later Boletaria stages should give you plenty of decent healing grass. I'm fairly sure that Boletaria's the only place you can get moon grasses, or the only place you can reliably get them as drops anyway.

By the time I'm at the bottom I have at least 20% of my health gone.

Sumadartson
Nov 24, 2006

WASDF posted:

By the time I'm at the bottom I have at least 20% of my health gone.

Ring of regeneration or the adjucator's shield should be able to compensate for that as well.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The best way to get grass is to farm souls from the skeletons in 4-1 (or the reaper in 4-2) and then buy the grass. If you don't have Patches in the nexus yet you can go visit the guy in his jail cell in 4-1 and buy some grass from him, or the Once Royal Mistress in 3-1, whatever is easier for you.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I always stash my higher-quality grasses and stick to crescent and half moon for most of the game, then change up to late, then full. I usually end up with 40-60 full moon grasses by the endgame.

Fat Ministers usually drop pretty the better grasses in abundance.. I think even the one on 2-2 will. I recall getting a bunch during my first suicide march against Flamelurker, trying to sort out his timing and so on.

Fish-O
Nov 9, 2009
I wish the Demon's Souls wiki had a section that classified weapons by moveset. I finally took the Dragon Bone Smasher out for a spin, only to find out its moveset is more like the greatsword than the Meat Cleaver.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Fish-O posted:

I wish the Demon's Souls wiki had a section that classified weapons by moveset. I finally took the Dragon Bone Smasher out for a spin, only to find out its moveset is more like the greatsword than the Meat Cleaver.

The attribute that determines a weapon's moveset is the weapon type. Large sword or hammer for instance.

e: I didn't see the "wiki had" part. :downs:

Read fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 5, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The wiki has movesets listed for the various weapons, but no categorization by set. Here you go:

Daggers (all)
No standout move. Very fast, very low damage. Baby's Nail is one of two ways in the game to inflict plague.

Rapier and estoc
Rolling r1 has sick reach. The push move attacks while retreating instead of pushing. Can r1 attack with shield up.

Short spear, wing spear, istarelle
R2 had huge reach. Can attack r1 with shield up. Two handed it's very fast but damage is a bit lacking. Istarelle is piss weak. Gross recoil when you strike a shield.

Straight swords (short, long, knight, blueblood)
R2 is a long reaching stab instead of a slash that's great for pvm. Two handed it has great stunlock.

Battle axe, club, mace, morning star
Swing tempo and reach is very similar to long swords but the r2 is a lovely overhand smash.

Middle Eastern swords (scimitar, falchion, kilij)
Blazing fast, kilij can easily crush through most guards. Rolling r1 has useful near 360 degree sweep. R2 is good for lizards and mixes into combos effortlessly. Push move is a retreating double hit.

Grorious nippon (uchikatana, makoto, gripless)
In the left hand the l1 attack is stupid fast. The running r1 is a quick stab that has huge phantom reach. Two handed loses the horizontal sweeps and isn't as good as one handed.

Large swords (bastard, claymore, moonlight, northern regalia)
Huge horizontal sweeps with normal r1. Slow one handed, quite quick in two. Two handed the first hit easily stunlocks into a second (but not third). Unwieldy in tight spaces.

Pole arms (halberd, mirdan hammer, phosphorescent pole)
Regular two handed r1 is fast, has huge reach, sick stunlock, and is very overpowered. Will easily crush any guard. The p pole is weak.

Giant weapons (giant club, meat cleaver, crescent axe, great axe)
Rolling two handed r1 ("ground pound") is most overpowered single move in the game. Regular two handed r1 actually has good stunlock despite appearances. R2 blows knock foes onto their faces.

Oversized weapons (great sword, dragon bone smasher, bramd)
One handed r2 is way faster than it should be. Running r1 has big sweep and is hard to escape if released near a foe. No combos at all, just one hit at a time. Connecting blows all send foe flying or on to his face.

Storm ruler
Does almost no damage, uses large sword move set, but all horizontal swings send foes flying if they connect.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I'm Soul Level 47 now and I've replaced all the default gear but I'm still using the Crescent Falchion + which was nice but my weapons aren't doing any decent damage anymore (especially against those black phantoms in front of 1-4). Any good weapons I should go for? I have 20 Strength right now, I could upgrade it more. Large weapons are really slow and I don't feel really safe using them. Right now I'm using some Katana like weapon that I've upgraded to +3

Also, having done 1-1 - 1-4, killed Dragon God, 3-1 and 4-1. What should I hit up next?

WASDF fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 6, 2011

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I assume you want your shield, right? Did you get all the dragon stone out of world 2 yet? If so you should be able to make a Dragon Knight Sword +5, which is my overall favorite low level weapon..Super versatile, fast, decent range.

With 20 strength though you could also make a Dragon Claymore +5, and use it one handed, but a claymore really only shines two handed. Great weapon though, lots of fun.

If you can get to 4-2 (should be fairly easy) the reaper there is easy to farm (run down the left projection, drop down in the corner, run up and kill him) and gives about 5k souls each time plus he usually drops a darkmoon shard. Six shards and you can upgrade your falchion to +2 which will help a bit. For further upgrades you'd have to hunt lizards.

Dragon Halberd +5 is pretty awesome and easy to make, too. But it requires two hands to really shine just like the claymore.

I'd finish world 4 next.

raton fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Aug 6, 2011

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Of course the first lizard I kill on my Meat Cleaver character drops a pure moonlightstone, why couldn't that have been on my mage hybrid. :suicide:

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Sheep-Goats posted:

I assume you want your shield, right? Did you get all the dragon stone out of world 2 yet? If so you should be able to make a Dragon Knight Sword +5, which is my overall favorite low level weapon..Super versatile, fast, decent range.

With 20 strength though you could also make a Dragon Claymore +5, and use it one handed, but a claymore really only shines two handed. Great weapon though, lots of fun.

If you can get to 4-2 (should be fairly easy) the reaper there is easy to farm (run down the left projection, drop down in the corner, run up and kill him) and gives about 5k souls each time plus he usually drops a darkmoon shard. Six shards and you can upgrade your falchion to +2 which will help a bit. For further upgrades you'd have to hunt lizards.

Dragon Halberd +5 is pretty awesome and easy to make, too. But it requires two hands to really shine just like the claymore.

I'd finish world 4 next.
Thanks for the pro-tips. I've got quite a bit of Dragonstone, think I'll go for the Dragon Knight Sword. As for shields, I'm using spiked shield and I have the Adjudicator's shield on backup to heal myself as I usually have Cling and HP Regen rings equipped.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Oh. Buy the knight shield and upgrade it a bit with hardstone (+6 or so you can do just by buying stones from filthy man, 2-1 for small shards, 2-2 for large). That shield rocks my socks.

Sword is 20k, shield is 20k, or you can find one of each near the end of 1-4 (go down the stairs instead of upl after you get past your first blue dragon hurdle). I usually just buy them, even though they're pricy.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

All the tips that you've given me have been great and have gotten me through World 2, 4 and 1-3, 1-4 and 3-1. Now my problem is Old King Allant. My Dragon Knight Sword does pretty bad damage on him and from what I read he ignores a lot of fire damage. My shield seems fine, but at times I die from a swipe from him while blocking and having mostly full stamina, it doesn't make sense.

Any idea what weapon I should use against him?

Sumadartson
Nov 24, 2006

WASDF posted:

All the tips that you've given me have been great and have gotten me through World 2, 4 and 1-3, 1-4 and 3-1. Now my problem is Old King Allant. My Dragon Knight Sword does pretty bad damage on him and from what I read he ignores a lot of fire damage. My shield seems fine, but at times I die from a swipe from him while blocking and having mostly full stamina, it doesn't make sense.

Any idea what weapon I should use against him?

Strategy is more import than the specific weapon. Stay at medium distance, wait until he starts his AoE, then charge in, land one or two hints and get back to medium distance again. Another opportunity to land a good hit is after he does his charge and swipe (he holds the blade op diagonally). Dodge under the blow, hit him once or twice when he's recovering.

Be aware that his sword both physical and magic damage. A normal shield with low magic resistance won't help much against his blows.

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

Sumadartson posted:

Strategy is more import than the specific weapon. Stay at medium distance, wait until he starts his AoE, then charge in, land one or two hints and get back to medium distance again. Another opportunity to land a good hit is after he does his charge and swipe (he holds the blade op diagonally). Dodge under the blow, hit him once or twice when he's recovering.

Be aware that his sword both physical and magic damage. A normal shield with low magic resistance won't help much against his blows.

Would you suggest a specific shield?

Sumadartson
Nov 24, 2006

WASDF posted:

Would you suggest a specific shield?

Dark Silver Shield +5, but on NG even the base shield makes a lot of difference. I don't think you should be relying on a shield though, as he'll most likely pummel through it. Plus, you won't want to stay close to him; he has a level draining attack. Dodging and 2-handing is the better approach.

Also, given his resistances, you might want to stick with a weapon that does a lot of one type of damage, instead of a little of both.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

He messed me up pretty badly even through my Dark Silver, on my knight. Granted, I wasn't properly watching his attacks or anything so it's more my fault.

And yeah, a single type is best for him but if you're using a dual-type weapon, like a dragon sword or a blueblood sword, use some sticky white stuff or turpentine to beef up one side of the damage.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
False King is a hard boss. His attacks do physical and magic damage and magic damage pierces most shield really well. The only shield that's any good at blocking magic is the dark silver shield but it had low hitres and False King hits so loving hard that he'll often erase all you stamina with one swipe, and once that's gone the further damage goes right after your hp. So him killing you through your block isn't a glich, he just hits that hard.

You need to be able to fast roll. Stay, as said above, at a medium distance away. Always roll to the right (or back when going right is obviously a bad idea) to dodge. When you get a chance to hit him don't get greedy, one or two shots at a time. Bring a weapon that either does big physical or some magic damage he (and the Old King in 1-1) is all but immune to fire.

He has a poo poo ton of hp so be patient, you have to not make an error for a long time to beat him. It'll seem impossible, but we've all done it and so can you. If you're having a truly hard time of it put either world 3 or 4 into pure black and farm the lizards there. The best overall weapon you could make going that route is a moon kilij +5 IMO (so finish/farm world 3) but there are lots of good options for your magic weapon. Kilij rules.

He's usually the very last boss I fight so feel free to leave him for later. The only fight that's harder is the Old King fight. If that's the fight you're talking about (we've all been assuming you actually meant False King) let us know because he's a whole 'nother nut. The Old King is the speech making guy in the tomb in 11. The False King is the boss of 1-4 that you take the elevator up to. Also, what's your dex?

Edit: You said you finished 4-1 so maybe you mean the actual Old King. People beat the Old King a few different ways. There are three cheap techniques that are probably the most frequently used because he's so hard: 1) Poison cloud, 2) push him or else use stormruler to whack him all the way to the long stairway past the blue knight and make him fall to his death, 3) he walks back to his tomb if you get far enough away, then you can charge and backstab him then run away and let him walk away again. The semi-cheap method is to use powerful magic on him, particularly Homing Soul Arrow but this doesn't really work if your magic stat is poo poo (less than 30).

Melee is the real trick. First of all, his attacks have a strong magic damage component which means only the Dark Silver Shield will help you, however his R2 attack (the overhead chop) will kill usually you through even a raised DSS +5. Some people get him just by using a DSS and a weapon that does good magic damage (blueblood sword plus light weapon) but you have to remember that he has New Moon grass and when he gets low if you give him too much breathing room he'll munch it and fill all the way back to the start again. It will help a lot if you bring Warding or Second Chance, either of which will at least keep you from getting one-shotted by his normal swipes.

The weapon he uses has a two natural enemies. A pole arm will grossly out range him and you can stunlock him for at least two hits almost every time -- using a pole against him will require two hands and mean he charges, you whack him twice, he rolls away, over and over -- but he does switch it up with a rolling slash sometimes that can go under your attack and kill you so be careful, also he charges so relentlessly that sometimes he uses his HP to exhaust your stamina bar and then you can't attack to repel him nor roll out the way of his slash and that's game over. Usually this is how I kill him and I often build a Moon Halberd just to take him on. The second weapon that's strong against large swords is a ground pound weapon -- that means the meat cleaver or great axe. Again, you have to two hand it and now you'll mostly roll in, do a R1 ground pound and then roll away to recharge your stamina, over and over. Some people probably use R2 to keep him facedown for most of the fight but he's going to get up when you run low on stamina so you'll have to lock him into that pattern several times without him getting a shot in on you which isn't easy. The other method is using his over-aggressive-ness to get behind him for a backstab. This requires rolling into his attacks, sometimes without lockon so you can roll more precisely and pivot better once behind him, and then stabbing him over and over. In my level one run (can't use a polearm) that I'm doing now this going to have to be the method I try and I've never done it before. Also at level one he's going to kill me in one swipe no matter what so I'm going to do it in hypermode and hopefully will only need three or four backstabs to kill him this way with the Fatal Estoc I'm building. But we'll see...

raton fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 6, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WASDF
Jul 29, 2011

I managed to kill him in kind of a cheese way. I just equipped Thieve's Ring and Clever Rat (I think that is what it's called) and just shot him with Arrows until he was at like 20% and finished him off. He was pissing me off a lot and I didn't want to die anymore and have to dodge the dragon over and over again.

• Locked thread