Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

TLG James posted:

Does anyone else's homepage on the evo 3d go off by like half an inch or more sometimes when trying to click? Like trying to click an icon on the right side will click the one next to it on the left.

This happens to me occasionally, where I'll try to click on a far left icon and it'll click one column to the right. I don't know what causes it, but I fix it but switching to a different screen and pressing home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
I got an airrave about two weeks ago. About a week ago my roommate and I started intermittently missing texts. We'd send to people and they'd never show, people would send to us and we'd never get them. It seems to be linked to the airrave, because it only happens at home and hasn't happened since I shut it down on wednesday. Is this a common problem with the airrave?

We've got a shift and an evo 4g if that makes any difference.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I understand that the Replenish requires SERO Premium ($40/mo). At which point the Optimus S, Echo, and Arrive (WP7) are better devices. Have you considered one of those?

I've heard that it does and that it doesn't, I guess I would see what happens. I'd definitely give those all a look though.

blargle
Apr 3, 2007
When you hit the big "Phone" button on the home screen in Sense 3 (evo 3D), what exactly is the list of numbers that show up? It seems to pick and choose what shows up in the list, like an incomplete version of call history. For example, I had 3 missed calls when I checked the phone today, but only the last one shows up. The call history app shows everything.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

My Evo 3d camera and camcorder no longer work. I just noticed it today when I wanted to take a picture. Any idea what I can do to fix it? I would rather not resort to a hard reset as I don't know how to get all my contacts back on the phone.

Alternatively, how can I get all my contacts back on the phone and I will do a hard reset.

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

The Antipop posted:

My Evo 3d camera and camcorder no longer work. I just noticed it today when I wanted to take a picture. Any idea what I can do to fix it? I would rather not resort to a hard reset as I don't know how to get all my contacts back on the phone.

Alternatively, how can I get all my contacts back on the phone and I will do a hard reset.

Assuming that all of your contacts are in Gmail, all you have to do after a factory reset is sign into your Google Account and they'll automatically re-sync.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Ozmodiar posted:

Assuming that all of your contacts are in Gmail, all you have to do after a factory reset is sign into your Google Account and they'll automatically re-sync.

Thanks, I will give that a try. Apparently it is a problem on the Sprint community board

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
I just got home from seeing a man about a duck and left with two Photons, for my Dad and sister. The duck man took great care of us, although we left before my sister and haven't heard from her in an hour. A++++++++ would buy again. *You rated this app 1 Star!*

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Aredna posted:

I just got home from seeing a man about a duck and left with two Photons, for my Dad and sister. The duck man took great care of us, although we left before my sister and haven't heard from her in an hour. A++++++++ would buy again. *You rated this app 1 Star!*

Appreciate the rating! Yeah, her blackberry wouldn't swap contacts through my machine or Bluetooth, so I got angry and tried to reactivate her blackberry to do a Google sync that way. Didn't work, and it screwed up the Photon's 3g when I threw it back on. In the end was an easy fix, but the drat tech hit on the phone was an idiot and wouldn't give me the codes I needed. I eventually Hung up on him, the 2nd call fixed it in 5 minutes.

I do have to say I am impressed with the Photon so far, just really slick phone. My only complaint is I still get lost in blur sometimes since I never had to use it before today.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Would it be possible to make a tower that does LTE and WiMax simultaneously? Just curious, I don't really know how these things work.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

CharlesM posted:

Would it be possible to make a tower that does LTE and WiMax simultaneously?
Simultaneously? Probably not as I believe you can't run them on the same channel so you need separate radios. Of course, there's many radios on a single tower.

However, even the first LTE basestation was hardware-compatible with WiMAX, and many others are multimode as well. So the idea would be in future deployments to split the 2.5 GHz band into WiMAX and LTE channels, changing the WiMAX vs LTE proportion based on device population.

I assume that's what Sprint intends to do in the long-run with Clearwire. The LightSquared partnership, if that happens, would probably be LTE from the start since existing handsets don't support that band anyways.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
I want my evo 3d's browser to not stay open when I go back to the home screen and ignore it for hours.

For example. When I check the buoy surf report in the morning and it gives me the 9:30 report. I go back to the home screen and do other stuff and work for 3 hours. I open the browser back up in the afternoon and it's the 9:30 AM report I last looked at. When I refresh it doesn't always want to refresh properly. So I don't want it to stay that way.

How do I actually close the browser so that when I open it fresh in the afternoon it goes to a homepage instead of the last page I looked at?

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv That's what I'm asking how to do. I'm new to android.

Hdip fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 6, 2011

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Hdip posted:

How do I actually close the browser so that when I open it fresh in the afternoon it goes to a homepage instead of the last page I looked at?

Close the window when you're done with it?

Tony Danza
Dec 21, 2004
And How!

Hdip posted:

I want my evo 3d's browser to not stay open when I go back to the home screen and ignore it for hours.

For example. When I check the buoy surf report in the morning and it gives me the 9:30 report. I go back to the home screen and do other stuff and work for 3 hours. I open the browser back up in the afternoon and it's the 9:30 AM report I last looked at. When I refresh it doesn't always want to refresh properly. So I don't want it to stay that way.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv That's what I'm asking how to do. I'm new to android.
Use the back button instead of the home key?

Ozmodiar
Sep 25, 2003

Tony Danza posted:

Or Menu->Windows->Close Window(s)

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Tony Danza posted:

But then you have to go back through every page you've ever been to since the beginning of the session.

900ftjesus
Aug 10, 2003
For someone who won't root, will never install a custom anything and will use LauncherPro: 3D or Photon?

I haven't had a chance to look at or mess with the Photon, just wondering.

Sprint Store rebates still instant with $200 phones or did that change as well?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

900ftjesus posted:

For someone who won't root, will never install a custom anything and will use LauncherPro: 3D or Photon?

I haven't had a chance to look at or mess with the Photon, just wondering.

Sprint Store rebates still instant with $200 phones or did that change as well?

Anything that is $199 is instant out the door, and of course $125 port credit if switching to Sprint.

I'd recommend Photon. As much as I love the 3D, I think the Photon is more user friendly. Its weird, but the 3D has smaller icons, smaller keyboard and such, and for basic users it seems to really affect them. I've had a few pick the regular Evo because they felt the 3D was hard to use and/or overwhelming. I don't think the Photon is quite as overwhelming, and its only hard to learn if you are coming from a Sense Android device (which is why i still get lost sometimes). I've been surprised a bit by the Photon, its a slick phone, works well, great graphics, etc. And it turns into a clock when you use the kickstand, people love that.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Well my dad decided to get a Evo 3d, and gave me his old EVO 4G. I'm still on the $30 plan. So do I now just need to call 866-264-1282 to activate it?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Harminoff posted:

Well my dad decided to get a Evo 3d, and gave me his old EVO 4G. I'm still on the $30 plan. So do I now just need to call 866-264-1282 to activate it?

Only as long as you're aware that you'll now be paying $50 a month.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Is there anything better than the EVO 3D around the corner or is it a good buy right now? Also on a family plan, could I reup the contract on one line now and still get an upgrade phone for the other line later or would it then be full price?

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Harminoff posted:

You have to call and change your plan to SERO Premium 500 first. Then you can activate it.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

demonachizer posted:

Is there anything better than the EVO 3D around the corner or is it a good buy right now? Also on a family plan, could I reup the contract on one line now and still get an upgrade phone for the other line later or would it then be full price?

Nothing better. Its like when the original Evo came out, for the next year phones came out that were either equal or slightly better hardware wise (like the Epic) but nothing like, clearly better.

So currently the Photon just came out and its equal to the 3D. Either is a good buy, just keep in mind the Photon can't be unlocked (which is retarded). And just like last year Sprint launching the new Samsung Galaxy in September ish, but no one knows whether it will suck like the Epic did, and either way just like last year I don't think its a huge difference.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
If it matters to someone looking for a new phone, CM7 and MIUI are already being made for Evo 3D too.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

The Antipop posted:

Do you use a flashlight app? Whenever I use one on my 3D it fucks the camera for a bit.

Alternately, does anyone know a flashlight app for the 3D that doesn't gently caress the camera?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

RodShaft posted:

Do you use a flashlight app? Whenever I use one on my 3D it fucks the camera for a bit.

Alternately, does anyone know a flashlight app for the 3D that doesn't gently caress the camera?

Flashlight by HTC.

And if you set your phone up properly, your contacts are all synced to your google account, Antipop.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
Checked out the Evo 3D and Photon in the store. Is it just me or is the Evo's screen way more gorgeous and crisp? I was looking up stuff about "pentile" screens but could not confirm if the Photon has one...but I will say it felt very pixelated whenever I scrolled. The 3D, when scrolling through pictures, was smooth as gently caress.

Anyone see this difference too? Right now I'm feeling the 3D over the photon on these two metrics: better screen, loaded webpages faster (side by side race in the store)

Also, do you guys think 3D UI's are around the corner?

mellowjournalism fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Aug 7, 2011

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
My wife's EVO 3D screen stopped working last night (phone would boot and the buttons would light up but no screen). We let it set overnight and now the screen works. The problem is now is there is a transparent dark spot inside the screen that is about a inch by half an inch. The phone wasn't dropped and it didn't get wet. Any ideas?

I already paid TEP $100 x 2 to replace my EVO twice. Once was my fault for dropping the phone and the other time was because of HTC's lovely USB charging port build on the EVO (I understand since it was such a issue that it is free to fix now). So here I am in another situation that I feel like wasn't my fault. Matter of fact if I have to replace it will be the 4th HTC device I had to replace in the last 5 years or so. URg.....

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nate fisher posted:

My wife's EVO 3D screen stopped working last night (phone would boot and the buttons would light up but no screen). We let it set overnight and now the screen works. The problem is now is there is a transparent dark spot inside the screen that is about a inch by half an inch. The phone wasn't dropped and it didn't get wet. Any ideas?

I already paid TEP $100 x 2 to replace my EVO twice. Once was my fault for dropping the phone and the other time was because of HTC's lovely USB charging port build on the EVO (I understand since it was such a issue that it is free to fix now). So here I am in another situation that I feel like wasn't my fault. Matter of fact if I have to replace it will be the 4th HTC device I had to replace in the last 5 years or so. URg.....

It seems you have insurance. Warranty claims have no fees, take it by your nearest sprint tech center asap. If they give you problems call retentions.

Also, I think the photon has a great screen, but it never seems bright enough. If could have been just me today though, been a long weekend.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

yellowjournalism posted:

Checked out the Evo 3D and Photon in the store. Is it just me or is the Evo's screen way more gorgeous and crisp?
It's probably not just you. The Evo 3D is qHD RGB SLCD while the Photon is qHD PenTile RGBW (S?)LCD. In, perhaps, over-simplified terms that means that the Photon has 1/3 less subpixels, but lower power consumption and/or greater brightness.

I won't claim the Evo 3D has a strictly better screen, there's advantages to the kind the Photon uses. However, lots of people do notice the PenTile effect and they're rather displeased with Motorola's use of it. So anyone interested in the Evo 3D or Photon would be best to take a good long look at them both in the store, with multiple test contents (text/webpage, photo, video, etc.) to see which you prefer.

Also, check out the PenTile Blog.

Duckman2008 posted:

Also, I think the photon has a great screen, but it never seems bright enough.
That's pretty weird, it's supposed to be one of its selling points. Perhaps the auto-brightness is miscalibrated? Is it bright enough if you crank it to 11?

Mina
Dec 14, 2005

HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

yellowjournalism posted:

Also, do you guys think 3D UI's are around the corner?

Definitely. Once CM7/MIUI are released people will fork them into 3D UI variants. I don't even care if it will make my battery cry. I want it.

Rent
Jul 20, 2004
Steal the warm wind tired friend

uapyro posted:

I saw your post, and called Best Buy asking to speak to mobile, there they said 30 days from the last exchange. I get up there and they say no, that the new girl didn't know that was an exception. So you are right good sir!

I definitely miss seeing people I recognize / know anything at all about a phone, because the guy that looked at the phone also said that my loose USB port randomly causing the Car Dock thing to pop up with the original charger was because USB Debugging was on.

On the bright side, went by the Corp Sprint store that was close to there, and they will have me a new(refurb I'm guessing) one coming in the mail. I bought the iGrip car dock there, and got it for $34 and some change, when it's normally $39.99+tax. Looks like that Sprint Premiere Silver finally does do something useful.

Sorry to hear that. At my Best Buy, we swapped them out all the time. We never gave anyone poo poo about that. Sucks to hear

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

Rent posted:

Sorry to hear that. At my Best Buy, we swapped them out all the time. We never gave anyone poo poo about that. Sucks to hear

Even after the first 30 days, without BestBuy insurance?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Krittick posted:

Definitely. Once CM7/MIUI are released people will fork them into 3D UI variants. I don't even care if it will make my battery cry. I want it.

But doesn't the 3D effect ONLY work in landscape?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Stunt Rock posted:

But doesn't the 3D effect ONLY work in landscape?

No, but it's pretty diminished in portrait mode.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Dumb question, but a couple of months ago a friend of mine got utterly hosed by calling my Google Voice number from her Sprint phone, so I stopped using GV for a while.

I'm moving over to Sprint from my T-Mobile account, and am curious about the GV status, now that it's being advertised on Sprint's website.

Can anyone tell me whether or not Sprint now recognizes GV numbers as cell calls or are those minutes still deducted from your landline calling bucket?

Rent
Jul 20, 2004
Steal the warm wind tired friend

uapyro posted:

Even after the first 30 days, without BestBuy insurance?

No, only if it was another exchange. Buy a phone and 3 weeks have to exchange it because it messed up, we'd reset the 30 days essentially in case that one messed up.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rent posted:

No, only if it was another exchange. Buy a phone and 3 weeks have to exchange it because it messed up, we'd reset the 30 days essentially in case that one messed up.

When I worked at BBYM that was a big no, because if you do an exchange after the 30 days none of the carriers (Sprint, VZ, AT&T) will reimburse Best Buy on any returns. And no matter what the company, company's don't like losing money. And honestly, the policy sucks sometimes, but it avoids having to deal with abusers who would just keep returning stuff within 30 days.

sirbeefalot
Aug 24, 2004
Fast Learner.
Fun Shoe

iostream.h posted:

Dumb question, but a couple of months ago a friend of mine got utterly hosed by calling my Google Voice number from her Sprint phone, so I stopped using GV for a while.

I'm moving over to Sprint from my T-Mobile account, and am curious about the GV status, now that it's being advertised on Sprint's website.

Can anyone tell me whether or not Sprint now recognizes GV numbers as cell calls or are those minutes still deducted from your landline calling bucket?

If you choose to integrate your GVoice with your Sprint account (the option is presented when you set up the Voice app on the phone), you'll pick either your Sprint number or your GVoice number to become the one number you use, and you'll get the benefits of GVoice AND people that call that number are calling a cellphone.

If you don't integrate with GVoice, it works like before where GVoice is a separate number/line that will incur minutes/charges when called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Does this make my Sprint number AND my GV number the same? This is confusing the hell out of me.