Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
While this probably won't be an issue for Wiz come Vicky 2, I just thought I would mention that Vicky 2's military scoring system is complete bullshit. Unless you have an enormous population or it's late game, almost all of your Military Score will come from leaders and that makes westernizing a virtual coin flip :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
I'm following this one for sure. I'm expecting big things from this.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh, hey, this is nifty. Now I can watch this from ground zero instead of trawling through endless sophistry. (Creeeeeete! :argh:) Maybe I can also finally learn how to play CK.

Either way, I suspect something big is going to have to happen for Azerbaijan not to get Azerbaislammed.

(Oh gods, what have I done.)

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

theblastizard posted:

While this probably won't be an issue for Wiz come Vicky 2, I just thought I would mention that Vicky 2's military scoring system is complete bullshit. Unless you have an enormous population or it's late game, almost all of your Military Score will come from leaders and that makes westernizing a virtual coin flip :(

It used to be really easy in the first version, but then they've changed the scoring method but not the score you need to westernize.

But no worries, unless they've fixed it, you'll never ever catch up to the UK in military score or industrial power as they'll have ten times that of the closest nation after industrializing and drafting all of India. So when the ol' chaps come down on you for a jolly good time of white man burdening, it won't really matter if you're "civilized" or not, unless you're China.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

YeOldeButchere posted:

But no worries, unless they've fixed it, you'll never ever catch up to the UK in military score or industrial power as they'll have ten times that of the closest nation after industrializing and drafting all of India. So when the ol' chaps come down on you for a jolly good time of white man burdening, it won't really matter if you're "civilized" or not, unless you're China.

I don't know, I managed to beat back France, USA and the UK (in different wars) as Egypt after Modernizing, while maintaining the fourth largest army in the world. Also, it is Le Blob that has the absolute industrial score, since they slowed down the assimilation rates for colonies.

Military score is now based on supplies used, thus an indicative of army quality, as techs will also increase the supply consumption of armies. The game still has some big flaws, but this area isn't one of them.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

I find that a lot of those problems were fixed in the Age of Colonialism mod- France's industry no longer goes completely insane, Britain has a sane-sized army, etc. I'm sure Wiz will create his own solutions.

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

Orv posted:

Now I can watch this from ground zero instead of trawling through endless sophistry. (Creeeeeete! :argh:)

Making up fancy bullshit to justify awful policies is very very fun, but not very lurker-friendly.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Oh hell yes, time to wrap it up and grab your Al-Aqsa gang tag because here comes the LFest Paradox LP. Let's get it on, ground floor Azerbailures.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass
Nice. The Hohenzollern LP remains one of my favorites, so I am excited about this thread! :toot:

Azerbaijan will make a nice change from all the CK threads that force the EU player into picking what flavor of Christianity he wants, too. Excluding Srbja of course.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
CAN I HAZ A BAIJAN?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I had read the Hohenzollern LP before signing up on the forums and following one of yours from the start like this is exciting.

Though it seems even your initial survival is under threat right now, here's hoping you succeed in not becoming the Blob to End All Blobs by halfway through EU3. :)

Scant Consolation
Sep 4, 2006
Good Egg

Kavak posted:

I find that a lot of those problems were fixed in the Age of Colonialism mod- France's industry no longer goes completely insane, Britain has a sane-sized army, etc. I'm sure Wiz will create his own solutions.

Probably a bit early to speculate about whether we'll have a France or a UK by Vicky, let alone if a solution to them is required.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Yes. By then we'll be dealing with the colonial hordes of Greater Belgium and the looming threat of Ulm-Tuscany.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

And we'll be facing off with the Ryukyu Empire in the far east.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Magrov posted:

Making up fancy bullshit to justify awful policies is very very fun, but not very lurker-friendly.

The Crypto-Cryptics shall rise again. :helladid:

Or shall they?

VVVV Never too early for that.

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Aug 6, 2011

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Is it too early to blaim populists for everything?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Eastbound Spider posted:

Is it too early to blaim populists for everything?

It's not too early if it's the truth.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

A_Raving_Loon posted:

Yes. By then we'll be dealing with the colonial hordes of Greater Belgium and the looming threat of Ulm-Tuscany.
I just want to see Hungary-Austria. The Sjrbs ruined that dream of mine in their LP.

Whitecloak
Dec 12, 2004

ARISE
POPULISTS!

You should call upon your council of Imams and Vizeers to find a way to entreat with the unwashed Christian fundie scum. Surely the modernizers can build trains roads to make our nation a better place to live.

Azerbaijan will be the envy of the world circa 800AH!

lonelywurm
Aug 10, 2009
I just read the entire Hohenzollern LP on LPArchive. Holy poo poo. This is going to be amazing.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

theblastizard posted:

I just want to see Hungary-Austria. The Sjrbs ruined that dream of mine in their LP.

To be far Hungary shouldn't have messed with the unstable mess that is the Empire of Srbja. :black101:

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Frionnel posted:

To be far Hungary shouldn't have messed with the unstable mess that is the Empire of Srbja. :black101:

Just because it was dissapointing to me doesn't mean I don't think the Hungarians didn't deserve it.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The Hohenzollern LP is what got me into Paradox games (and Something Awful) in the first place, so I'm really excited to be getting in on the ground floor for this.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pakled posted:

The Hohenzollern LP is what got me into Paradox games (and Something Awful) in the first place, so I'm really excited to be getting in on the ground floor for this.

I'm beginning to think Paradox should pay Wiz a small fee at this rate. . .

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Same here, I was also following Danimo's Eyes of Texas lp.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'm glad this didn't end up being another goon run LP. Despite being a belligerent rear end in a top hat, I could never deal with the huge post backlogs that would be required to participate in the senate style LPs. :effort:

Plus, I like the cohesive story you make when you're running it solo. You did a great job on the conversions and the like last time.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010
Oh boy. This is going to be good.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Meta question, but which specific exe/mod are you using to enable Muslim playability? I actually downgraded my version of CK to without-DV since I couldn't find Muslim-patch that was compatible with the expansion.

EDIT: Thread and setting also owns, voted 5 already.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 7, 2011

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

gradenko_2000 posted:

Meta question, but which specific exe/mod are you using to enable Muslim playability? I actually downgraded my version of CK to without-DV since I couldn't find Muslim-patch that was compatible with the expansion.

EDIT: Thread and setting also owns, voted 5 already.
He's probably using the one from here: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?464241-Muslim-and-Pagan-Playable-female-inheritance-for-2.1beta

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

gradenko_2000 posted:

The program is Muslim21.exe, but I don't remember what it's called other than that or where on paradox forums I got it.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
Interesting. Barbarossa lives, Saladin dies. I'm not exactly an expert on medieval history, so I'll throw this one out there: how significant was the historical death of Barbarossa before reaching the Holy Land? Wikipedia gives a mixed impression of whether or not it could have had any real long-term consequences.

Wiz, I'm really excited to be following this LP from the start. The Hohenzollern LP was incredible, especially as the alternate history became increasingly elaborate.

Incidentally, I really hope Crusader Kings 2 gets a Muslim/Pagan expansion.

doctor iono fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Aug 7, 2011

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
So do I. I really want to convert some place crazy to Islam and play as them.

theblastizard fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 7, 2011

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

I have no idea what witch craft your are going to perform to survive both hordes and what is shaping up to be a super strong christian Europe, this is going to be interesting to say the least.

also

gently caress yeah another Wiz paradox lp! Voted 5 and bookmarked. :neckbeard:

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

doctor iono posted:

Interesting. Barbarossa lives, Saladin dies. I'm not exactly an expert on medieval history, so I'll throw this one out there: how significant was the historical death of Barbarossa before reaching the Holy Land?
Very. Had Barbarossa lived and kept the crusaders focused and gathered, I really couldn't see any way Saladin could've stopped them. Not to mention that he'd bring with him almost 100000 men, about a fifth of them being knights.

Barbarossa was pretty frightening.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
This doesn't look too bad yet - HRE is bound to collapse in a minute, and that'll put the pressure off the Muslims for a while.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wiz posted:

The program is Muslim21.exe, but I don't remember what it's called other than that or where on paradox forums I got it.

Jihadi Sultans just doesn't have the same ring as Crusader Kings.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Looking forward to seeing where this goes! Islam's certainly not looking healthy right now.

Fall Sick and Die
Nov 22, 2003
See if you can get a complete switch, let the Christians focus on the Middle East while you push into Russia, then west to eventually push them all the way out and fill Europe with Muslims, leaving them the Middle East/North Africa

Fall Sick and Die fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 7, 2011

TheLoquid
Nov 5, 2008
I'm curious to see how long the semisalic gavelkind gimmick lasts, because that seems like it would be a tremendous pain in the rear end to plan around. It would be a good narrative device for palace intrigue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TheLoquid posted:

I'm curious to see how long the semisalic gavelkind gimmick lasts, because that seems like it would be a tremendous pain in the rear end to plan around. It would be a good narrative device for palace intrigue though.

Well, that's kind of the schtick of CK among Paradox games - it's the one where your long-term planning will be for naught. Semisalic Gavelind just emphasizes this.

• Locked thread