Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

makka-setan
Jan 21, 2004

Happy camping.

Ola posted:

ATGATT motherfuckers.

Gearhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Does anyone carry while riding? Long story ahead skip it for the short bit:

I won't be getting a gun for that any time soon, but there's been an increasing number of hostile motorist confrontations around here, and I'm starting to feel slightly vulnerable. The road rage people get towards bikes is freakin' irrational, but it exists. I know a few guys from the red truck road rage video a few months back, who were nearly run off the road, then confronted by the driver with a tire iron when they came to a stop sign. Personally, I had a guy in a truck hanging halfway out coming over into me and trying to smack me around, all because I filtered to the front of traffic at a stop light going onto an entrance ramp.

Like I said, I don't want a gun, as I wouldn't like to elevate a confrontation to that level. Likewise, my first goal is to get the gently caress away. In the case of the truck, it was my first or second time on a 250. My natural instinct was to go wide-fuckin'-open as soon as I saw the crazy bugger, which failed for obvious reasons. I ended up getting in the far far lane and basically tucking up alongside another car in the emergency lane until the guy decided it wasn't worth it and got off at an exit.

So, like I said, my first goal is always to avoid confrontation. Now though, I'm just worried about a situation where I can't avoid it. I may be geared up, but I'm not a huge strong dude, and against an angry redneck with a tire iron I'm sure to get beat the gently caress up.

So does anyone carry anything other than a gun? I was thinking about getting a ASP baton or something like that. It should be small enough it's easy to strap somewhere and quick to remove, and it actually gives me something other than my weak padded fists to do the "talking". Honestly, if I was in a "tire iron situation" I'd hope just the presence of a weapon in my hand would make someone else back off. Ideally it'd never get used, but my passive "just get the gently caress out of there" attitude was shaken when I had an angry guy in a truck running me off the road and I felt like I had no where to go.

I'll have to look up laws as well, but I think so long as it's clearly visible I should be good. Any thoughts?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I used to have a little can of pepper spray I velcroed to the bar clamps. I had it in case someone tried to bikejack or just got out of hand, but I didn't put it on very often, then gave it to an ex while I was still dating her and never got it back.

Unrelated, today I saw a full-size dirtbike being carried on top of a miata. It was awesome, but going the other way on I-5, so I didn't get a picture, unfortunately.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That's not a bad idea either, although blowback and poor aim worries me with pepper spray. Maybe if I can find on those hardcore spray ones that shoots out a solid 1 inch diameter 6 foot long stream instead of a mist.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
I think the best weapon at your disposal is a throttle, and if that fails, maybe your helmet, assuming you want to switch from defense to offense. This is actually good timing, because by one account, at least one motorcyclist was pulled off his bike during the recent Milwaukee State Fair riot. And it was a scooter rider earlier this summer that got beat down in Chicago. When they arrive, it will be 10 on 1 and it will not be the cast of Glee. I'm not sure they make a weapon for that, at least not one that's getting concealed. One more thing for you to scan for, as if there isn't enough poo poo to deal with already. More and more states are attempting to adopt laws that allow a motorcyclist to proceed on red because of the whole weight/sensor issue. I would argue that there are times and places where proceeding on red is just a good idea, period.

I thought about this a bit years ago when I had some moron actually walk up next to my bike while I was at a stop light at night--he wanted directions. As if I could hear him, as if I was going to give them, as if I was going to sit there when the light changed. What if he had other intentions? What are your options? Distance is best, and you're already sitting on the closest thing to a time machine.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
:yum: DOUCHEBAG STOPPER 5000 :legion:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
If you really plan on getting off your bike you're nuts. Use throttle / don't skip 2 miles of gridlock traffic and expect no backlash.

I can't even fathom someone dumb enough to stop and try to reason with a pissed off driver. gently caress that. Get off at the next exit, run a red light, do SOMETHING that doesn't involve getting off your bike and going toe to toe with some idiot with a baseball bat.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Agree on distance. Evading some aggressive drunk-driving rear end in a top hat was how I found out my Ninja could lift its front in 3rd gear.

Today is a day filled with street fairs here in Rochester. One result of that is cars every-loving-where. On one corner near one of the street fairs, there was a group of older folk holding anti-war signs. One sign said, "TIRED OF THAT WAR ECONOMY YET?" and it really struck me how nobody was ever protesting against the car-based economy.

the walkin dude fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 7, 2011

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

the walkin dude posted:

Agree on distance. Evading some aggressive drunk-driving rear end in a top hat was how I found out my Ninja could lift its front in 3rd gear.

Little bounce and tug on the bars while standing and flicking the gas will bring the front up fast at 85mph in 4th. :v:

I'm glad I don't have a GoPro anymore.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It's such an ominous sign of humanity when an observed action of no consequence to anyone elicits rage and a desire for violence.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ola posted:

It's such an ominous sign of humanity when an observed action of no consequence to anyone elicits rage and a desire for violence.

Well said.

Good timing for this discussion, I had a run-in with an rear end in a top hat today. Was on the Cherohala skyway and came up to a truck doing ~45 (speed limit). I sat behind him for a couple corners then go to pass on the straight, as soon as I get next to him he floors it so I can't pass. Simple enough downshift and WOT to get by him. I'm slowing back down to 60 or so on the next long straight and here he comes flying up on my rear end. At that point I took off and didn't see him again but it was a tense few seconds.

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Sounds like a Harley rider to me.

Seriously, why do they all do that? Every one I pass guns it, and when I'm past them they try to catch up.

Bondematt fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 7, 2011

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I say go with pepper spray. That poo poo can stop a train, I got sprayed accidentally for standing too close to a fight while watching it, and the cop went a little loose with the pepper spray.

Point is, it sucked, and I don't care how angry they are, how big they are, or what kind of tire iron they have, some pepper spray is going to shut their poo poo down.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Bondematt posted:

Sounds like a Harley rider to me.

Seriously, why do they all do that? Every one I pass guns it, and when I'm past them they try to catch up.

I once had a harley rider tear past my group at the local twisties and legitimately try to outride us. That was fun. He ended up blowing completely through a 90 degree, blind, 10mph turn onto a dirt runoff. We saw him cruising the road at about 35mph on our way back.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?
Concealed carry isn't allowed where I am and even pepper spray is restricted. That being said an ATGATT rider is probably the closest thing to the terminator if poo poo gets lovely. The jacket I got last year is even hard armored front and back.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
http://www.rei.com/product/623173/counter-assault-bear-deterrent-spray-230g

I'm getting this for a trip to Glacier National Park, considering bringing it along on the bike some days. Sad times.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
My willingness to break the law is all I rely on to escape from douchebags. Lane splitting, riding over medians, down alleyways, on sidewalks. Confrontation of any sort is always a gamble, and never a winning one. Another reason to love sumo.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Z3n posted:

My willingness to break the law is all I rely on to escape from douchebags. Lane splitting, riding over medians, down alleyways, on sidewalks. Confrontation of any sort is always a gamble, and never a winning one. Another reason to love sumo.

I'll drive the wrong way through the anti-tank barriers at the federal courthouse if I have to.

Problems with guns:
Carrying openly is that is probably not a deterrent, since most people never, ever, ever notice.
Employing a gun from cover in motorcycle gear is problematic, at best. You better have some real practise with the thing, in gear. If you don't think shooting with gloves on is a thing, try it. Motorcycle gloves, doubly so. Motorcycle gloves in a jacket, while wearing a helmet: this is Very Hard.
Problems with other options:
An ASP/knife/taser is usually in the same force category as a gun anyway. Why go small if you're already going big?
Pepper spray has the problems already noticed.

Run away. Run far and fast, or short and fast. Do not escalate. If you're wearing full gear, just know that you're already an impressive sight to behold. An aggressive behavior may work, but probably won't. Stop somewhere, wait for them to get out of the vehicle to engage you, run away.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The rule I follow on bikes is that people generally wont engage you in a fistfight if youre ATGATT. Who wants to punch a dude with a helmet, or get headbutted by a dude with a helmet? I assume then that if someone is willing to engage me they have something on them that ATGATT wont stop, so as mentioned a million times, its time to run at that point. Thankfully you're on something that can outrun most things that don't cost 6 figures.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

The rule I follow on bikes is that people generally wont engage you in a fistfight if youre ATGATT. Who wants to punch a dude with a helmet, or get headbutted by a dude with a helmet? I assume then that if someone is willing to engage me they have something on them that ATGATT wont stop, so as mentioned a million times, its time to run at that point. Thankfully you're on something that can outrun most things that don't cost 6 figures.

I'd just add to this that its prudent for any motorcyclist to keep their eyes open for non-traditional escape routes. Some weird poo poo will sometimes be the difference between crashing and a very close call. Look around, try poo poo you wouldn't normally consider.

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Today when bombing down a dirt road on my harley I stuck my leg out ala dirtbiking. Need to remember how to ride street bieks.

Tindjin
Aug 4, 2006

Do not seek death.
Death will find you.
But seek the road
which makes death a fulfillment.

nsaP posted:

I have carried occasionaly while on rides but that was mostly when out in the boonies off road and such. Urban travels or around town it's not worth it for reasons stated above. Don't escalate, just squash your ego and take off. I do carry an ASP in my tank bag but the throttle is always first choice.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Related: anyone have that video of motorcycle cops training to shoot while riding their bikes? I don't think it was from the US. My YouTube-fu is failing me.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Uthor posted:

Related: anyone have that video of motorcycle cops training to shoot while riding their bikes? I don't think it was from the US. My YouTube-fu is failing me.

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p31Uu536WQA

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I've seen the concealed carry question asked in here a couple of times, and the answer always seems to be that it's not worth it and one should just ride away from trouble. It might be that I live in an area where a concealed handgun license is incredibly easy to come by and not at all uncommon, but it seems to me that carrying while riding is only a minor hassle that would be well worth it in the rare event that twisting the throttle doesn't solve the problem. Out-accelerating someone in a car doesn't calm them down or make them disappear. While it's comforting to imagine that there will always be an escape route, that's not necessarily the case.

I'm not advocating confrontation. The throttle is still your best friend, and there is probably some way to evade the jackass in the pickup who wants to smash you. I still would rather have a plan Z in a case where someone is legitimately trying to kill me and there is no option other than shoot or be harmed.

Practically, a Glock 19 in a Comp-Tac MTAC works just fine. I wear a two-piece textile outfit that zips in the back, so it's not difficult to draw. The pistol is invisible under the jacket, and shooting it with gloves on presents no difficulty at all.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Wow, lots of replies here, half of them useful.

Marv Hushman posted:

I think the best weapon at your disposal is a throttle, and if that fails, maybe your helmet, assuming you want to switch from defense to offense.

I agree, but as I said, in my particular situation throttle didn't help me. We were already going 70-75 and even with a 6-5 downshift, the 250 isn't getting away from much at highway speed. In that situation I opted for "try to hide behind cars and hope he fucks off".

JP Money posted:

If you really plan on getting off your bike you're nuts. Use throttle / don't skip 2 miles of gridlock traffic and expect no backlash.

I can't even fathom someone dumb enough to stop and try to reason with a pissed off driver. gently caress that. Get off at the next exit, run a red light, do SOMETHING that doesn't involve getting off your bike and going toe to toe with some idiot with a baseball bat.

I can't fathom anyone dumb enough to have 0 reading comprehension. I don't plan on getting off my bike, in fact I was pretty clear that my goal is deescalation and escape. However, I'm planning for the time where I might not have that problem. Are you really going to victim blame here and say that I deserve being run off the highway for filtering thru to the front of a light? Threats to my life are appropriate backlash for that? Do I have free reign to shoot at any car that dares challenge the state's authoritah? gently caress you. :D

Read my post again you tosser, for my particular case I couldn't accelerate away. I was on a slow bike and in heavy traffic. I couldn't get off at the next exit either, the guy was running me off the road NOW. I did what I could, which was position myself with cars inbetween him and me as much as possible, and he ended up leaving.

I don't want to get stuck and stop, the point of the drat question was "if it happens, what's a decent way to have more defense than my puny fists?"

Korwen posted:

I say go with pepper spray. That poo poo can stop a train, I got sprayed accidentally for standing too close to a fight while watching it, and the cop went a little loose with the pepper spray.

Point is, it sucked, and I don't care how angry they are, how big they are, or what kind of tire iron they have, some pepper spray is going to shut their poo poo down.

Based on this and above, this will probably be my course of action. If I can find one that does a steady stream of bad poo poo, it sounds like it'll be the best way for me to get out of a bad situation if I find myself in one.

Z3n posted:

Agreed wholeheartedly, like I said my first goal is avoiding it, but that might not always work out, especially with me being sumo-less.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

I'll drive the wrong way through the anti-tank barriers at the federal courthouse if I have to.

Problems with other options:
An ASP/knife/taser is usually in the same force category as a gun anyway. Why go small if you're already going big?
Pepper spray has the problems already noticed.

Run away. Run far and fast, or short and fast. Do not escalate. If you're wearing full gear, just know that you're already an impressive sight to behold. An aggressive behavior may work, but probably won't. Stop somewhere, wait for them to get out of the vehicle to engage you, run away.

Well for one I wouldn't go big to a gun because of the cost, and also the federal government won't let me buy one legally, not to mention the problems you listed. An ASP is quick to deploy with gloves, and makes me more "aggressive" as a defender I'd say, without taking the situation between me and some dude to "gun level." Tasers are too much work to get going, and a knife? gently caress that, I actually carry one as a tool but it wouldn't be the first thing on my mind in this kind of situation. As for running....well yeah, like I said once again, my first goal is to get away.

I'll probably end up trying to get my hands on a decent can of pepper spray that does a nice stream. That, combined with "get the gently caress out" should do me okay for all but the most improbable situations. Hopefully I'll stick some on my bike and it'll never come off.

Cripes, having to repeat myself made /me/ question whether or not I'd said "throttle first" and "deescalate as a first goal".

nsaP posted:

Like I said, I don't want a gun, as I wouldn't like to elevate a confrontation to that level. Likewise, my first goal is to get the gently caress away. In the case of the truck, it was my first or second time on a 250. My natural instinct was to go wide-fuckin'-open as soon as I saw the crazy bugger, which failed for obvious reasons. I ended up getting in the far far lane and basically tucking up alongside another car in the emergency lane until the guy decided it wasn't worth it and got off at an exit.

So, like I said, my first goal is always to avoid confrontation. Now though, I'm just worried about a situation where I can't avoid it. I may be geared up, but I'm not a huge strong dude, and against an angry redneck with a tire iron I'm sure to get beat the gently caress up.

Yeah....but thanks for the advice! Christ, I even broke the record for number of "like I said"s in one page.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 8, 2011

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Atticus_1354 posted:

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p31Uu536WQA

Yes, thank you.

nasP, watch that video and learn to do it properly.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Those guys are good, no way I could do it that fast. It'd take me way longer.

First, I'd have to locate the nearest HD motorcycle. Then, after giving it's rider a roundhouse kick, I'd steal his bike and leather vest. Next, the helmet would get ripped off, of course. A badass pair of Oakley's and the wind in my hair is protection enough for me. After blipping the throttle incessantly, I'd putter on out of there, ready to hunt down that bastard truck driver and give him the .45 slugs he deserves.

That's the only way I'd be cool enough to shoot a gun from a bike.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

nsaP posted:

Wow, lots of replies here, half of them useful.

If we're batting 500 with this, I'd say that's pretty good. It's an interesting and thorny topic, and I think your post wound up as more of a conversational springboard than an appeal for advice on that particular set of events.

Re: carrying, I've wondered about the outcome of hitting the deck and getting an L-shaped contusion in my torso or an O-shaped hole in my leg, in addition to road rash. For me, I think one more thing to remember/babysit would detract from my enjoyment out there. OMG, change of plans, does the state I'm heading into now have CCW reciprocity? Does Barney Fife know this? poo poo, did this detour just take me into Cook County?

I realize how easy it is to get sucked into the stupidity. Just the other day, I had someone on the highway swing into the space ahead of me and flick a cig out the window. I KNOW it was intentional, and I know I shouldn't have commenced with the high speed hijinx. So yes, I am a hypocrite, but the trick is to be one once or twice a season rather than once a week. Maybe this is why the older guys don't get effed with--who the hell would lean out the window and slap Santa Claus for lane splitting?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

I'm not "victim blaming" you but gently caress off if you think people aren't going to be mad that you cruise through at 35mph past them while they are stuck in a line of traffic for an hour in 100 degree heat. There are idiots out there. These idiots are mad that you are getting ahead of them. The sooner you learn this the better. Trying to be a hardass and whip out your BudK ASP baton and fending off Bubba isn't going to make you the better person. Just get away. A 250 is fast enough.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

JP Money posted:

I'm not "victim blaming" you but gently caress off if you think people aren't going to be mad that you cruise through at 35mph past them while they are stuck in a line of traffic for an hour in 100 degree heat. There are idiots out there. These idiots are mad that you are getting ahead of them. The sooner you learn this the better. Trying to be a hardass and whip out your BudK ASP baton and fending off Bubba isn't going to make you the better person. Just get away. A 250 is fast enough.

Can you read?

Edit: Sorry, that was mean of me. Obviously you can't read, so let me try to spell it out for you.

I did that. I did what you suggested, in that situation. First off, I rode to the front of a light at 5mph but whatever you have in your head is fine. It's what you've been posting on so far. Anyway, I did try to get away, and succeeded. I wasn't fast enough to jolt away, nor did I want to try to weave thru traffic when I was marginally better at accelerating than they were at that speed, so I hid myself behind a car as fast as I could, and the situation resolved itself when the other guy backed off.

THE WHOLE POINT OF MY POST, AGAIN, AFTER TWO QUOTES, WAS WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP ME GET AWAY IF THE WORST HAPPENS AND I GET TRAPPED BY A GUY, INSTEAD OF HIM BACKING DOWN.

I'm sorry for being so patronizing by simply posting "Can you read?", that was rude.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 8, 2011

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

JP Money posted:

No, seriously. Can you read?

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I think neither the "get away really fast" nor the "brandish a gun" approach are correct in the absence of lethal intent.

The first approach dramatically increases the level of risk to you. You've been threatened by someone, you feel amped, and if you start riding aggressively you may put yourself in a dangerous situation. If you have a fast bike and can simply lose an aggressor with a twist of the wrist, fine, but I wouldn't advise riding over medians and sidewalks to get away. It doesn't make sense unless it is your only option or you have practice in aggressive riding under stressful conditions. If they are trying to literally run you over then the situation is different and the risk-reward starts to swing toward riding like mad.

The second approach lacks an understanding of managing threat escalation and is best left for TFR. A non-lethal weapon that is brandished but does not have an immediate and effective use is pointless and will serve more as a challenge to the aggressor than an deterrent. Brandishing a lethal weapon without an imminent use is a great way to go to prison.

For my part, if someone came after me I would try to get away and probably would ride like an idiot. If that didn't shake him immediately and I felt I was riding above my head I would find a place to stop where I wouldn't get rammed, get off the bike, and stand my ground. Don't escalate, "I don't want any trouble" is a good thing to say. Calling the cops at some point would be good, and acts as a deterrent. For these types of situations, you could keep bear spray clipped to your bike or a backpack. If they charge at you and threaten immediate harm then spray them.

If you see a weapon involved, things change. If you consider that to be a real risk, a pistol case in your tankbag wouldn't be the worst idea, but it'll probably get stolen.

Or:

Fitted with KONKURS or FAGOT 9K 113 Type Anti-Tank Rocket

The basic armament of the motorcycle is the machine gun of PK type (7.62-mm caliber). The open structure of the motorcycle provides for circular targeting and destroying the enemy man force effectively at the distance from 100 to 2000 meters.

When equipped with a special stand or turret to mount the grenade launcher of KONKURS or FAGOT 9K 113 type, the new GEAR-UP motorcycles can be effectively used with anti-tank sections. The target ability of anti-tank rockets launched at ground and low flying aims from the sidecar fender is not less than 90 per cent at the distance from 2000 to 4000 meters.

The automatic grenade launcher of AGS-17 Plasma type (40-mm caliber) is one more arms type you can use with the motorcycle.

Edit: If they continue to come after you after engaging with an anti-tank rocket, they are equipped with reactive armor. If you do not wish a sabot in your rear end, you must do this:

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 8, 2011

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
That post had some serious wisdom.

I'm going with the FAGOT 9K 113. With that, no one will ever do anything but stare open mouthed.

To be clear, I wasn't picturing a situation where:

Guy traps me
I get out ASP
Something happens

It was more:

Guy traps me and gets out with tire iron
Oh gently caress i hope i get my ASP what the gently caress RUN

I didn't want to escalate the situation with a baton, more I wanted to have /something/ to defend myself with, /should/ the situation escalate. Pepper spray and trying to escape seems like a much better answer.

I feel much the same as motomind.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

nsaP posted:

You need matching Beretta 92s and one of those cruise control devices. That allows you to have the bike on a steady throttle so you can stand up, whip 'em out and gently caress up your opponent Chow Yun-Fat stylee.

The obvious alternative for the serious motorcyclist and Corbin-seat customer is a co-axial mount for a recoilless rifle. I recommend you synchronize for approximately 300 yards assuming an F150 sized target with bubbagrafix in the back window and a confederate flag. I have had good results with regular HE against tin tops, but WP is better when engaging convertibles. They go up just like loving Ghost Rider.

edit: Motomind, I cannot recommend carrying a "FAGOT" (why caps?) on your motorcycle. Persons who offer violence to motorcyclists typically have a dim view of homosexuals, so while I endorse the right of persons to enjoy motorcycling regardless of their sexual orientation, this would seem completely counterproductive. Remember, Americans are not particularly concerned by violence and bloodshed that ends with the gruesome death of someone's son or daughter, but nudity, gays and taking the L--d's name in vain are highly offensive to them and would be viewed as a provocation.

Saga fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 8, 2011

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Saga posted:

...but WP is better when engaging convertibles. They go up just like loving Ghost Rider.

Gotta watch out you don't get spotted by any Hague-convention-quotin' hippies though, no way you're going to convince anyone that you were just 'marking' that convertible with ol' Wiley Pete.

Me? I'm gonna see if there's an Instructables for one of these.

Royale with Cheese
Jul 26, 2006

They wouldn't know what the fuck a Quarter Pounder is.

ReelBigLizard posted:

one of these.

Should I get hit with an EMP on my triumph, what should I expect to happen - without squeezing the clutch wouldn't the bike lock up instantly?

nsaP, consider a Bust-a-cap!

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Royale with Cheese posted:

Should I get hit with an EMP on my triumph, what should I expect to happen

If you have an original Trumpet equipped with Lucas electrics, that persistent misfire will disappear and lights will be 50% brighter.

Oh, also you will grow a beard, the bike will be able to fly and you may develop an elderly gentleman's embarrassing complaint known as a "twink" (a/k/a a "Radcliffe").

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Royale with Cheese posted:

wouldn't the bike lock up instantly?

Probably more like engine turns off and compression brakes you to a halt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Oh god it's so loving lovely to having a well-running motorcycle again!

These cantankerous English mechanics in Great Shelford interneted it up and fixed all my Dnepr's issues (minus the tank cap seal one, which I am working around for now), and they did it loving cheaply.

So nice. It's amazing that the country I bought the bike in, Latvia, the former Soviet Union, I couldn't find a decent mechanic to save my life. But I find them in England. :britain: