Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Pffft, as if mongols could threaten the glorious conqueror! Reclaimer of holy land! Sultan who is also kind of a dick!

Also mainland Europe is all over the place. Britain and Scandanavia look alright, though, and so does Poland.

And poor tiny Egypt.

How much territory does the Azerbaijan title, if we get split up again, hold at the moment if we have another set of heirs and the Syria title becomes independent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atsushogob
Oct 7, 2008

Wiz posted:

Ertan is Lustful, Vengeful, Selfish, Cruel, Energetic, Proud and Indulgent.

No, he is not a nice person. Not a nice person at all.

But he turned back the mighty tide of Christendom, so he's not all bad.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

skipThings posted:

Event Superpowers, the worst kind of bonus, thanks for clarifying

Well, to be fair, that's pretty much what the Mongols were in real life. Although they never really had gigantic huge armies (but I think for balancing purposes it's pretty fair to give them big rear end armies to counterbalance the silly decisions the AI sometimes make and make them the sort of threat the Mongols historically were)

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rejected Fate posted:

How much territory does the Azerbaijan title, if we get split up again, hold at the moment if we have another set of heirs and the Syria title becomes independent?

Azerbaijan itself, plus a half-dozen provinces in Mesopotamia and some dirt-poor Arabian ones.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Wiz posted:

Ertan is Lustful, Vengeful, Selfish, Cruel, Energetic, Proud and Indulgent.

No, he is not a nice person. Not a nice person at all.

And yet popular history will probably remember him as a great conqueror and the savior of Islam.

Atsushogob
Oct 7, 2008

Pakled posted:

And yet popular history will probably remember him as a great conqueror and the savior of Islam.

Is he not? Surely he can be both a tyrannical dick and a great conqueror and the savior of Islam.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Honestly, the really amazing achivement on his part is leading battles for 15 years straight without ever getting wounded or killed. Usually my front line kings drop like flies.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Wiz posted:

Azerbaijan itself, plus a half-dozen provinces in Mesopotamia and some dirt-poor Arabian ones.

drat. All in all from our previous eight provinces, how many provinces fall under our umbrella now?

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Could you post screens of Ertan and his heir?

Cyrai
Sep 12, 2004
How loyal are the vassals? Did you kick their rear end hard enough for them to actually respect you, or do they hate you even harder now? Because if ever there were a time for them to have a good shot at gaining independence, it's right about now

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cyrai posted:

How loyal are the vassals? Did you kick their rear end hard enough for them to actually respect you, or do they hate you even harder now? Because if ever there were a time for them to have a good shot at gaining independence, it's right about now

My badboy is up through the roof again, so I'm gonna have some troubles shortly.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Start slaughtering mongols, SLAUGHTERING.

Cycloneman
Feb 1, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT
SISTER FUCKING
So, since we're playing as Azerbaijan rather than any one dynasty, if the mongols conquer Azerbaijan, are we gonna play as the Mongols?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dr. Tough posted:

Could you post screens of Ertan and his heir?

Ertan. Note the large number of successors... the demense is gonna get split between a lot of cousins.

Ertan's two living kids. The eldest (Sultan of Persia) should be receiving the Azerbaijan title, while the younger will get Syria.

EDIT: Oh, he just got a bastard son too it seems.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 11, 2011

Atsushogob
Oct 7, 2008
What is that B trait?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Atsushogob posted:

What is that B trait?

Balance thing, reduces all stats of characters born after game start.

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

What is that 'B' trait that they all have?

e:welp poo poo

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Wiz posted:

Ertan. Note the large number of successors... the demense is gonna get split between a lot of cousins.

Ertan's two living kids. The eldest (Sultan of Persia) should be receiving the Azerbaijan title, while the younger will get Syria.

EDIT: Oh, he just got a bastard son too it seems.

Thanks. Ertan is only 31 apparently, I thought he was older for reason.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Have you decided on what education they're going to get?

Because we're going to need some military boys.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rejected Fate posted:

Have you decided on what education they're going to get?

Because we're going to need some military boys.

Since I tossed them away to other countries before their education, they ended up with court and church, respectively.

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Wiz posted:

Balance thing, reduces all stats of characters born after game start.

What? Why?

Atsushogob
Oct 7, 2008

AgentF posted:

What? Why?

Because otherwise the numbers get huge.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

AgentF posted:

What? Why?

Because Deus Vult is extremely poorly balanced and you end up with nothing but supermen otherwise.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Wait, why are you all desperate? The new tribes seem like nice people, why not invite them in the realm?

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Wiz posted:

Since I tossed them away to other countries before their education, they ended up with court and church, respectively.

Ah.

Bugger. Let's hope the Conqueror still has enough years in him, then.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cycloneman posted:

So, since we're playing as Azerbaijan rather than any one dynasty, if the mongols conquer Azerbaijan, are we gonna play as the Mongols?

No. They wouldn't take over the Azerbaijan title. We play as whoever holds that title.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
That certainly would be interesting, though.

Playing the horde come Vicky... Heh.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I feel sorry for Aydin. The kid is fourteen years old, and he's about to get steamrolled by the Mongols.

By the way, is Cuman still pagan? I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't convert and survives the oncoming hordes.

ninja edit: I'd love to see a horde LP. Sounds like an interesting challenge.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

What does Ijgazi's blue shield with a heart in it mean?

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Here's crusader kings' manual. A trait list starts on page 34

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/C1Y0nWtL1QS.pdf

it probably wont have the deus volt traits though, and ones wiz added obviously won't be there

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

AgentF posted:

Well, now we have no choice but to invade Italy. Then we can hide out there while the Golden Horde fucks up the entire Middle East, and periodically send scouts to check if it's safe to go back.
Italy still has a land connection and will not keep us safe. I've had a game where the Mongols got all the way to Iberia and I had to sit out the rest of the years in Cyprus and Crete.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rejected Fate posted:

What does Ijgazi's blue shield with a heart in it mean?

Fosterling. He's being raised at another court.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

okand posted:

Here's crusader kings' manual. A trait list starts on page 34

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/C1Y0nWtL1QS.pdf

it probably wont have the deus volt traits though, and ones wiz added obviously won't be there

I checked there first before asking and I couldn't find it. I think it's a Deus Vult trait.

Edit: Thanks Wiz.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Fosterling doesn't directly affect the stats of a character like most traits do, all it does is serve as a trigger for certain events. It goes away shortly after they turn 16.

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Is it easier to write the narratives for CK vice the other games? Also can you become allies with the Horde/Khan or are they just crazy war machines? Great job so far Wiz can't wait for the next update.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Tinny_Tim posted:

Is it easier to write the narratives for CK vice the other games? Also can you become allies with the Horde/Khan or are they just crazy war machines? Great job so far Wiz can't wait for the next update.
It's not so much about being easier to write the narratives, as the game being rather straightforward without it. If you're just playing CK straight-up, it's a constant cycle of expansionism and contraction whose sustainability depends on a mixture of plain luck and how gamey you're willing to be.

If you don't try to inject a little role-playing into it, you might even say it can get boring at times as you wait for gold to come in, wait for children to mature, wait for kings to die off (so you can inherit) and other such machinations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wiz posted:

Shi'ite just got real. Or perhaps they've heard of your conquests and have come to share in the glory of Allah?

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
...can we just offer to be their vassal now and hope they spare us in the pillaging?

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

ManifunkDestiny posted:

...can we just offer to be their vassal now and hope they spare us in the pillaging?

You don't really know how the Mongols rolled, do you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
How exactly did CK do Timur?

• Locked thread