Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jcp982
Apr 5, 2011

Pharmaskittle posted:

Just post a link to it instead of using the bbcode? I'd really like to see it.
I sent it to Tecman - I'm sure he can help you out. I had a photobucket account years ago, but I don't remember the log in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
Okay, here we go. Thanks again to jcp982 for grabbing it. Don't expect amazing quality from a livestream grab btw. :)

:siren: :siren: :siren: This is obviously a spoiler! :siren: :siren: :siren:
h tt p://dxhr.nanoaugur.net/ignstreamspoiler.jpg

Hopefully the formatting will keep it from being auto-shown by folks with image scripts.

Here's some more content - The Official Square Enix Magazine issue 1 is available to download for free. You can go to that link and read it online, read these images from it:

Or download the entire PDF here: Link

VVVVVV Done, just in case. You still have to fix the http part manually, though. :)

Tecman fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 13, 2011

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009

Tecman posted:

Hopefully the formatting will keep it from being auto-shown by folks with image scripts.

You could also try putting it in spoiler tags, since I think by default the SALR doesn't show those images.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
quote is not edit :(

edit: I may as well use this post... here is over 20 minutes of gameplay and dev-talk (with Antoine Thisdale) footage from Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/now-playing/?event=now_playing_deus_ex_human_revolution20110805

I'd suggest avoiding it if you're staying clear of spoilers since it shows quite a bit of Detroit main-questing (for the leak-players: how to infiltrate the DRB territory and deal with mines / the antenna).

Tecman fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 13, 2011

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Quick not-spoilery question: Where does the leak store saves and will said saves be likely to work with the full version?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Captain Walker posted:

Quick not-spoilery question: Where does the leak store saves and will said saves be likely to work with the full version?

I can't answer the first but I can certainly tell you, no they will not work with the full version.

Why would they? The leak is 5+ months old.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I dunno, guess I figured it would work like a patch. Well, means I get to play through the beginning again in a totally different way :woop:

kuddles
Jul 16, 2006

Like a fist wrapped in blood...

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Has there been a Steamworks game that hasn't preloaded yet?
There most definitely has been quite a few, although granted that it becoming much rarer as time goes on.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I can't answer the first but I can certainly tell you, no they will not work with the full version.

Why would they? The leak is 5+ months old.

How would you certainly know?

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Why would you think that saves from a five month old preview would be in any way compatible with the finished product?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Let's change gears - would you really want to? What if there are new quest variables they added to fix bugs and other such behind-the-scenes fixes that an old savegame from a half a year old preview build (which means it might be even older than that in development terms) might not have? I'd start a new game regardless.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Cross-posting this from the PS3 thread because I wanted to make you guys jealous...

I'm not really usually the type of guy to post this sort of thing, but I thought this was pretty drat cool:

I got the very first production copy (on any platform) of Deus Ex in the world. Granted, like 14 other people got one a few seconds later, but this was actual first one straight from the manufacturer. I am giving it to SamBishop, but at least for the next couple days it is mine... :c00lbert:

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

:staredog:

You gently caress.

(have fun!)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

NecroBob posted:

Why would you think that saves from a five month old preview would be in any way compatible with the finished product?

Wishing and hoping?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Jenova Project posted:

Aw, you guys. I feel just like one of the gang now!

Seriously though what are the HookerAugs that cyborgs of the evening get? Does anyone know?

Ever played Cyberpunk 2020?

"Mr. Studd" and "Midnight Lady", I believe they were called.

The funny part was that the male sexual implant was technically a cyber"limb", so you had jokers asking about things like "can I put a concealed firearm in it?" "I want a Mr. Studd with a single-shot minigrenade."

etc etc. Good times. Or bad ones.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Wishing and hoping?

Why would you not want to go back and do all that poo poo over again? The game is going to look way better, play way better, and the decisions you make will be for real real this time.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Why would you not want to go back and do all that poo poo over again? The game is going to look way better, play way better, and the decisions you make will be for real real this time.

Plus how else are you going to know if your homeless contact is still a colored.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

Cross-posting this from the PS3 thread because I wanted to make you guys jealous...

I'm not really usually the type of guy to post this sort of thing, but I thought this was pretty drat cool:

I got the very first production copy (on any platform) of Deus Ex in the world. Granted, like 14 other people got one a few seconds later, but this was actual first one straight from the manufacturer. I am giving it to SamBishop, but at least for the next couple days it is mine... :c00lbert:

It worked. You made me real jealous. :smith:

Wait, the first production copy is a PS3? I guess I should make some sort of "consoles-first" comment but eh. Just another two weeks and mine will be here. Hopefully.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Naky posted:

Yes. Which is why this is infuriating to me.

edit: clicking the upgrade shipping button show that I'm already at the highest level, though they give a conservative 2 day shipping estimate. Ship it on the 22nd, it arrives on the 24th and it's not so bad. Ship it on the 26th and it arrives on the 31st is loving crap though.

I've never once had Amazon break street date, average for me is 1-2 days after release though it's never been that bad (mainly because I've sat on a lot of games that I pre-ordered even after they arrive).

I still have a shrinkwrapped copy of Mass Effect CE....

part of the reason I bought the 360 was because of ME. drat, that was good to get off my chest.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
...this is probably the "silliest" video I've posted, but after watching it, it's really great seeing the evolution of the artwork. :)

Video - Deus Ex: The Story Behind The Box - IGN takes a behind-the-scenes look at how the Deus Ex: Human Revolution box art came to be.
( http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/08/12/deus-ex-the-story-behind-the-box?objectid=907179 )

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Why would you not want to go back and do all that poo poo over again?

I think you answered your own question.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

evilmiera posted:

It worked. You made me real jealous. :smith:

Wait, the first production copy is a PS3? I guess I should make some sort of "consoles-first" comment but eh. Just another two weeks and mine will be here. Hopefully.

Nah, I don't have the first one printed, but I was a Eidos Montreal the moment they got the first batch of copies sent from the printers. They had all three platforms, I just happened to be the first person they gave a copy to. They assured me that was the first batch sent anywhere though. I suppose some guy at the factory might have grabbed one before me, but I'm going to pretend they didn't!

Poppleganger
Jul 29, 2004
AR$E

Tecman posted:

...this is probably the "silliest" video I've posted, but after watching it, it's really great seeing the evolution of the artwork. :)

Video - Deus Ex: The Story Behind The Box - IGN takes a behind-the-scenes look at how the Deus Ex: Human Revolution box art came to be.
( http://uk.ign.com/videos/2011/08/12/deus-ex-the-story-behind-the-box?objectid=907179 )

Man, I wish they went with the Vitruvian Man design.

Sam.
Jan 1, 2009

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:
Is the Fridge still in?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Tecman posted:

It would have been more appropriate to have Adam hugging a fridge on the cover in hindsight.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
You know, it occurs to me that it's rather a shame that Saint's Row and Mass Effect and Serious Sam all have "gang" tags and Deus Ex/ Deus Ex: Human Revolution don't. What a shame, really!

Basically, someone with some graphical aptitude should make one. I was thinking you could just have the DX from the original game's main logo fade through black to an [h+] (probably strip the ^3 so it holds for both games) from the DX:HR trailers and it'd look pretty swell. Though maybe you guys have better ideas.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Always up for something more polished, but I kind of like the previously-posted Dogmentation as a gang tag.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I was going to suggest that, too.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Eh.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I can get cracking on a gangtag ASAP. I 'made' the current one I'm wearing for the Mad Men TVIV gang so I'd be happy to make this one.

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009
This game drove me to finally build a gaming computer. I have not realized what I've been missing. Constant 60 FPS on a 42" with max AA is glorious.

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

Down with Dogmentation. Purity first.

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

I love it!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zoolooman posted:

Down with Dogmentation. Purity first.

Yeah dogmentation is pretty amusing.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Dogmentation is the only choice.

Zoolooman
Mar 30, 2003

I'd prefer something like Zorak's idea, honestly. The Dogmentation joke is only funny once.

Tecman
Sep 11, 2003

Loading the Universe...
Please Wait.

Pillbug
/

I dunno. Something is just... off. And yeah, both the Dogmentation one and the Fridge one were jokes which would stop being funny very, very quickly.

And I can't think of anything good myself right now. :(

Tecman fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Aug 13, 2011

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Maybe someone could do something with the Purity First sperm logo? I dunno, I'm poo poo at Photoshop, but it seems like it'd lend itself well.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sorry tecman I'd rather have something cool or clever than that one. Though you're much better at making gifs than I!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Yeah the dogmentation one is funny but something classy would be nicer in the long term.

• Locked thread