Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dusz posted:

That's actually one of Wiz's contributions to the DVIP.

One I replaced with a much better system long ago, only jordarkelf won't update my events with the new events I sent him.

If you want "a child's skill" out of DVIP go bitch to jord, I've already sent him what I use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yermato
Feb 20, 2011
This should certainly make for an interesting map at the start of EU3.

What's that little enclave in the middle of Bulgaria?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

yermato posted:

This should certainly make for an interesting map at the start of EU3.

What's that little enclave in the middle of Bulgaria?

Some temporarily independent Duke.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
And who's that white between Muscovy and Novgorod?

Also plesedon'tletthePlaguekillourawesomeheirplesedon'tletthePlaguekillourawesomeheirplesedon'tletthePlaguekillourawesomeheir.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

the JJ posted:

And who's that white between Muscovy and Novgorod?

Also plesedon'tletthePlaguekillourawesomeheirplesedon'tletthePlaguekillourawesomeheirplesedon'tletthePlaguekillourawesomeheir.

Some prince. I will mark every country on the map when CK ends, but for now I'm not bothering to label tiny countries that could disappear in the next year.

tombom
Mar 8, 2006

Frionnel posted:

Oh look, the baby was almost as brilliant as the father. :v:
Characters below 16 gain points in each skill each year so all young children will have 0/0/0/0.

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

tombom posted:

Characters below 16 gain points in each skill each year so all young children will have 0/0/0/0.

So yes, this means our current ruler is only slightly more effective than a baby.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

tombom posted:

Not quite correct. The way it works is that each year, a child will either get +1 in one stat or +1 in all stats. This means that a 16 year old will have anything from 16 to 64 stat points, and a 1 year old would either have 1 or 4.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Please tell me you didn't do anything to make Byzantium collapse like that. The borders are amazing :allears:

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave
The map is looking so great after the dissolution of the Byzantine Empire. So many interesting countries; Thessalonica, Nicea, Gascony and Baltic Frisia. Guiscard Italy was already my favorite country on the map and sacking Constantinople in some bizarro version of the 4th Crusade has just solidified that even more for me.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Egypt seems to be progressing nicely.

Also I am sad that Mann has fallen in power as of late. And Wales just... keeps on existing with that one province. No gains, no annex. Seriously, I hope they try to gain some ground I rarely see them independent.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

RabidWeasel posted:

Please tell me you didn't do anything to make Byzantium collapse like that. The borders are amazing :allears:

Nothing except my modding of it into four kingdoms, which resulted in Nicaea and Thessalonica forming instead of Byzantium reforming.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

With any luck, EU3 is going to start with a nearly united Italy.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Byzantium could reunite however right? The empire itself is broken and squabbling, but the people are still greek orthodox? for the most part?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

AtomikKrab posted:

Byzantium could reunite however right? The empire itself is broken and squabbling, but the people are still greek orthodox? for the most part?

It's very unlikely to happen in CK since they don't hold any king titles with land associated with them, but it's possible in EU3.

But yes, Nicaea and Thessalonica are both Greek Orthodox.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
If the map looks something like that, there should be a "Reform the Byzantine Empire" Decision for the Greek minors in EU3. "Conditions: Byzantine Empire does not exist. X must own Morea, Athens, Adrianople, Epirus, Nicomedia, Smyrna, and Thrace."

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Patter Song posted:

If the map looks something like that, there should be a "Reform the Byzantine Empire" Decision for the Greek minors in EU3. "Conditions: Byzantine Empire does not exist. X must own Morea, Athens, Adrianople, Epirus, Nicomedia, Smyrna, and Thrace."

Yeah, already have that in mind.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
So, anyone wanna start a pool predicting when* Qutaiba's going to catch a nasty case of the plague and die? My BitDinars are on 1331.

*We're about due for another crash, so no bets on whether he'll die.

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D

Patter Song posted:

Pretty sure that decision exists in normal EU3.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

That Italy :stare:

What's the status of the Holy Roman Emperor? Still Bohemian and ineffective?

Also, does the Bubonic Plague modifier spread more easily within the same country, or is it indiscriminate and we can look forward to plague-stricken neighbours too?

Servant
Aug 3, 2010

... so you see, following that the will of the People cannot be reasonably interpreted down to the individual level, a legitimate government should operate purely through coin-flips...

AtomikKrab posted:

Byzantium could reunite however right?
Byzantium does not need to "reunite", for it is already united in the territory of Cherson...where the Great Byzantine Emperor will rule forever and ever in its demense. I'm suspecting that if the Empire's territory would stays in Cherson forever, it'd likely be renamed to Cherson in EU3. (EDIT: "Real" Byzantium still owns two provinces on the Greek mainland as well in addition to Cherson.)

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

NihilCredo posted:

What's the status of the Holy Roman Emperor? Still Bohemian and ineffective?

Also, does the Bubonic Plague modifier spread more easily within the same country, or is it indiscriminate and we can look forward to plague-stricken neighbours too?

There isn't really a HRE right now, the King of Germany would be claiming the title but everything's kind of a mess.

The Bubonic plague modifier hitting us means that the world just got hit by the Black Death. You figure out the implications.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Wiz posted:

There isn't really a HRE right now, the King of Germany would be claiming the title but everything's kind of a mess.

The Bubonic plague modifier hitting us means that we just got hit by the Black Death. You figure out the implications.

Thankfully, with our advanced Islamic medicinal techniques, it will be quickly stamped out and we will see no lasting ill effects. Right?

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork

NihilCredo posted:

Where do you think we got it from?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Wiz posted:

The Bubonic plague modifier hitting us means that the world just got hit by the Black Death. You figure out the implications.

We're going to start EU3 in the Dark Continent scenario?

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Go Skandistan!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

theblastizard posted:

Go Skandistan!

Well, now we know where the Ildeguzids are going to end up next.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Tomn posted:

Well, now we know where the Ildeguzids are going to end up next.

An Azeri-Scandinavian flag would be more awesome than a Golden Horde one.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

NihilCredo posted:

The Blob is dead! Long live the Blob!

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Please sir, may I have some more?

Wiz posted:

Crusader Kings: The Darkest Ages.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

What the hell is going on up in Scandinavia anyway? First Sweden completely fractured for a while, now Norway's disappeared.

Also, al-Andalus. Hurrah!

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Out of curiosity: how long does it take to put together a typical 10 year update?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dr. Tough posted:

Out of curiosity: how long does it take to put together a typical 10 year update?

2-3 hours usually. Depends on how much is going on in the game.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
What on earth is Albania doing by the Caspian Sea? Albanians are in the Balkans, last time I checked.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004
well, I'm impressed that you're back in Azerbaijan before the end of Ck (where it is much easier to migrate imo).

What would you have done if you hadn't returned before eu3?

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!

Viola the Mad posted:

What on earth is Albania doing by the Caspian Sea? Albanians are in the Balkans, last time I checked.

Caucasian Albania is not the Republic of Albania.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Gorgo Primus posted:

Caucasian Albania is not the Republic of Albania.
The Caucus is good at picking places with names that have the same name as somewhere else, like Iberia and Georgia, even if the Kingdom of Georgia came before the state of Georgia.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Crusader armies diverting to Byzantium and sacking it: Is this something that normally happens in the game, as in some kingdom randomly decides to attack Constantinople, or is it that Constantinople becomes a Crusade-target, or was something else (you mentioned Syria) a Crusade target in your game but the AI decided to use its armies on Constantinople instead?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I've been noticing that Bulgaria's been steadily growing/not shrinking for the last few updates. Anything interesting going on there or is it just a case of a bunch of lucky rulers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

theblastizard posted:

The Caucus is good at picking places with names that have the same name as somewhere else, like Iberia and Georgia, even if the Kingdom of Georgia came before the state of Georgia.

Blame the Romans and the Greeks. Notice the other Caucasus.

• Locked thread