Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychedelius
Apr 24, 2010

So if I choose to preorder through GMG will I still get dem TF items?
I feel sad to admit that this is really influencing how I purchase the game.

e: And now I feel sorry to start a new page with a post about hats in this incredibly thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
I'm tempted to preorder to get the items and I have never played TF2.

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

Edit: Oops. Says on GMG that they won't be usable until the 23rd.

YYZ fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Aug 19, 2011

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

YYZ posted:

Sorry if this has already been posted (haven't seen anyone else asking), but when I try to use my key from GMG, I'm getting a message which says "Product Already Owned". What's happening :ohdear:
http://twitter.com/#!/GreenManGaming/status/104523684399689729

"GreenManGaming
Sorry guys but we've got official confirmation from the publisher - our keys won't activate until Tuesday, the official release date."

:smith:

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Psychedelius posted:

So if I choose to preorder through GMG will I still get dem TF items?
I feel sad to admit that this is really influencing how I purchase the game.

e: And now I feel sorry to start a new page with a post about hats in this incredibly thread
Nah, but you can buy the items separately on the Mann Co. store.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Gyoru posted:

http://twitter.com/#!/GreenManGaming/status/104523684399689729

"GreenManGaming
Sorry guys but we've got official confirmation from the publisher - our keys won't activate until Tuesday, the official release date."

:smith:
Goddammit. Someone get our insiders to do something about it. :smith:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Left steam to continue preloading overnight. Still not done. I hate my slow-rear end internet connection :smith:

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

So this basically means for everyone who preordered from Green Man Gaming that we'll get our cd key todayish but they're basically useless until Tuesday right?

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Vince Videogames posted:

So this basically means for everyone who preordered from Green Man Gaming that we'll get our cd key todayish but they're basically useless until Tuesday right?
Bingo.

I don't know if we'll get it today, because some people might raise hell about it and give someone else their code in the process and screw up everything even more.

It's Eidos's fault, not theirs, but god does it suck. First time I've preordered anything from Steam, and this happens.

-Dethstryk-
Oct 20, 2000

ufarn posted:

Bingo.

I don't know if we'll get it today, because some people might raise hell about it and give someone else their code in the process and screw up everything even more.

It's Eidos's fault, not theirs, but god does it suck. First time I've preordered anything from Steam, and this happens.

To be fair, you're not pre-ordering it from Steam. If you did, you'd be pre-loading and a happy camper right now.

(Assuming you're in the US.)

oversteps
Sep 11, 2001

Also, it's Square-Enix's fault, not Eidos Montreal's. :eng101: :spergin:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Isn't this game being unlocked at 12:00 a.m?

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
This is the first game I have been excited for in a long time. One question, can I can still blow up fat annoying Chinese children with a LAW? This is pretty important to my gaming experience.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlu5C0PT4kQ

big duck equals goose fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 19, 2011

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

The Greenman Games key works for TF2 items? Would have been nice to know before I literally WASTED 5 dollars for some of the items :(

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

The Greenman Games key works for TF2 items? Would have been nice to know before I literally WASTED 5 dollars for some of the items :(
They do not; TF2 items are generally the bonus for getting it on steam directly.
A huge part of this probably has to do with brick and mortar stores not accepting flat out cheaper prices on the DD service itself but still giving some incentive to get them from the source/DRM service.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

big duck equals goose posted:

This is the first game I have been excited for in a long time. One question, can I can still blow up fat annoying Chinese children with a LAW? This is pretty important to my gaming experience.

There don't appear to be any children in this game. This game is all about punching hookers and hobos.

Tapatio
Aug 5, 2011

by Fistgrrl

big duck equals goose posted:

Continuing in the fashion of HL2, there are no gibs :(

EDIT: And trust me, I've tried VERY HARD to make them happen :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Isn't this game being unlocked at 12:00 a.m?

The unlock timer implies that, but that almost never happens. A lot of the time a game will say it's unlocking at midnight but then it switches to 10 a.m. pacific and gives everyone massive blue balls. Remember, Valve time.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dr. Stab posted:

There don't appear to be any children in this game. This game is all about punching hookers and hobos.

As fun as this game is going to be, I'm going to miss being able to stun prod that kid near castle clinton, throw his body off into the river and then hurl candy bars after him.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
My GMG key works in Steam and I'm now downloading it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ingram posted:

It's not suppose to, but yay! Glad it does anyways. :)

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

So, what's the deal with these GMG keys? Did they promise the game earlier than the 23rd release date?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

okkie posted:

So, what's the deal with these GMG keys? Did they promise the game earlier than the 23rd release date?

No, but since the game is Steamworks people assumed the key would be usable immediately. Instead it seems like they're boxed Retail keys that can't be used before the release of the game. I only paid $28 for the game so I can't complain too much. I didn't even know it came with a TF2 hat until a few minutes ago.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

Ingram posted:

Same here!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I don't even have my GMG key yet. Where do you find it?

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

Panzeh posted:

I don't even have my GMG key yet. Where do you find it?

Mine got emailed to me about 5 minutes ago

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I don't have my key yet either, though I assume it's giving the keys out to people who preordered earlier first.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Confirming that my GMG key is pre-loading as well.

Panzeh, if they didn't email it to you by now, on GMG click "Your Games" and there should be a picture of DX:HR that pops up. The download link in that has your key.

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
My key isn't listed in my account, nor do I have an e-mail yet. Hopefully I can get it before tuesday.

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

Sankis posted:

No, but since the game is Steamworks people assumed the key would be usable immediately. Instead it seems like they're boxed Retail keys that can't be used before the release of the game.

Just to be clear. No key will work before the release date, even if it is a digital download. The game's release is controlled by the developer. I'm not sure why people are blaming Square-Enix for a digital distributor seeming to 'promise' an early release.

edit: wording.

okkie fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 19, 2011

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

MrBims posted:

My key isn't listed in my account, nor do I have an e-mail yet. Hopefully I can get it before tuesday.

Same here, guess we're not part of the lucky batch of emails/keys yet.

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Confirming that it's working for me too. I just got my key but I pre-ordered ages ago.

Edit: wtf, unlocks on the 25th of August? :argh:

Ragingsheep fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Aug 19, 2011

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

I, Butthole posted:

Just saw on my GMG order receipt that I have a voucher code on there for Deus Ex GOTY. If anyone wants it I'll trade it for a cheapo Steam game :)

Sent you a PM!

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
The GMG voucher codes for DX:GOTY are locked to your GMG account (or at least mine was?), but submitting a support ticket should get it changed to your friend's GMG account (also this is activated through their Capsule client, not Steam).

If they get enough of these requests maybe they'll make them globally usable just to avoid the bother.

edit: GMG sent my Augmented Edition key and the preload is working. Save $15 and only lose some TF2 hats? :getin:

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Aug 19, 2011

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Well, I was an idiot. Bought the Augmented Edition on steam (don't care about TF2 items, do care about physical artbook) because I didn't think.

But I do have a question! If I've never played the original game, should I play that first? I mean, this is a prequel, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

inklesspen posted:

Well, I was an idiot. Bought the Augmented Edition on steam (don't care about TF2 items, do care about physical artbook) because I didn't think.

But I do have a question! If I've never played the original game, should I play that first? I mean, this is a prequel, right?

The only reason why you should play the original is because it's really good.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

The only reason why you should play the original is because it's really good.
This is the best answer to that question.

It takes place before Deus Ex 1, so you'll probably only see some nods and cameos in the game.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Is there still an active 20% off code for GMG? I don't think there is.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

K8.0 posted:

Is there still an active 20% off code for GMG? I don't think there is.
Are you using SUNNY-SAVER-20PEC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!

CJacobs posted:

Don't do it! For the love of god, don't do it! You can trade for them! Don't fall for the Valve Promo trap like everyone else!

Seriously though don't do it, they're both buyable ingame and you can trade for them.
Well my GMG key just came in so I think I'll be able to resist now, thanks.

• Locked thread