Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Independent Franconia! :neckbeard:

edit: not a real suggestion per se, but Germany looks like a lot of fun to play around in if you keep the HRE mechanics for it and make sure Italy doesn't meddle too much with it.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
That looks like a really fun map for EU3, I hope you release your scenario after all this is over.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
Yeah, do you have any plans for the extent/power of the HRE?

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

frankenfreak posted:

Independent Franconia! :neckbeard:

edit: not a real suggestion per se, but Germany looks like a lot of fun to play around in if you keep the HRE mechanics for it and make sure Italy doesn't meddle too much with it.

Definately have to do something to protect all those little independent states from Super Poland and Mega Hungary.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Awesome. I'd like to see Yuan China never happen, and China be split into different kingdoms, as it frequently was between dynasties. Also perhaps there was more trade and influence between China and India?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
The way I'm thinking right now is to make the HRE be France and Germany, instead of Germany and Italy, with Bohemia as the starting Emperor.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Any particular reason for the large increase of Polish provinces after your adjustments? I realize that you need to clean up the map, but it seems like you've just given Poland tons of OPMs.

e; A France+Germany HRE sounds like it'd be pretty fun.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Aug 19, 2011

ChrisAsmadi
Apr 19, 2007
:D
Isn't Bukhara going to be smack in between Timur and Persia, rendering it about as likely to survive as Granada in Grand Campaign?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kainser posted:

Any particular reason for the large increase of Polish provinces after your adjustments? I realize that you need to clean up the map, but it seems like you've just given Poland tons of OPMs.

It's all land they used to have until recent rebellions and none of it seemed like viable candidates for independent states really. Plus, a strong Poland is needed to counterbalance mega-Muscowy.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Wiz posted:

The way I'm thinking right now is to make the HRE be France and Germany, instead of Germany and Italy, with Bohemia as the starting Emperor.
Good idea, Charlemagne would be proud. Here's an idea: keep Burgundy and Italy out of it completely and make it a mission for the Emperor to bring Burgundy and the Lombard Kingdom back into the fold.

edit: also lots of missions for Serbia to conquer the surrounding lands.

edit2: better make Astrakhan the Golden Horde's capital if you go with the CoT there or the temptation will be too big to try and make a grab for it early into EU3.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 19, 2011

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

Good idea, Charlemagne would be proud. Here's an idea: keep Burgundy and Italy out of it completely and make it a mission for the Emperor to bring Burgundy and the Lombard Kingdom back into the fold.

edit: also lots of missions for Serbia to conquer the surrounding lands.

Italy is definitely not gonna be in the HRE, Burgundy I haven't decided yet... might be too few viable Emperors without them.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

What version of EU3 will you be playing? DW?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

niggapolis posted:

What version of EU3 will you be playing? DW?

Modded DW.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Estonia's pagan, right?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Wiz posted:

Italy is definitely not gonna be in the HRE, Burgundy I haven't decided yet... might be too few viable Emperors without them.
Flanders should be rich enough to become a good diplomatic power and maintain a big military with a bit of help. Tirol could be a candidate as well, maybe Brabant as well. If you give one of the French minors (Orleans?) a boost, that's another candidate. And finally, there's Bohemia.

edit: Syria, Egypt and Medina look like they could end up fighting over control of Jerusalem.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Aug 19, 2011

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Will France still have cores on all its requisite provinces? And if so, will countries be able to form it independent of the HRE (if you go that route that is)?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

Flanders should be rich enough to become a good diplomatic power and maintain a big military with a bit of help. Tirol could be a candidate as well, maybe Brabant as well. If you give one of the French minors (Orleans?) a boost, that's another candidate. And finally, there's Bohemia.

With the "large country in HRE" bonus there's really only a few candidates that can compete though.

Super Jay Mann posted:

Will France still have cores on all its requisite provinces? And if so, will countries be able to form it independent of the HRE (if you go that route that is)?

No, but it will be a formable country.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Wiz posted:

With the "large country in HRE" bonus there's really only a few candidates that can compete though.
Is there a way to tweak that bonus to give smaller countries a better shot at the crown? I'm not arguing to keep Burgundy out at any cost, but I think a more competitive situation in the HRE would be interesting be it with or without them.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

frankenfreak posted:

Is there a way to tweak that bonus to give smaller countries a better shot at the crown? I'm not arguing to keep Burgundy out at any cost, but I think a more competitive situation in the HRE would be interesting be it with or without them.

Hardcoded.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
I'm really excited to see this pan out in EU3, what with France a patchwork state a unified Italy and what seems to be a pretty balanced situation in Iberia we're set for some fun in central/western Europe. Pretty cool that England's got a solid footing in France as well without a major threat to its presence there, It should be interesting to see how their claims on the continent go.

Eastern Europe's got an awesome Poland with Hunagary and Bulgaria looking good. Thessalonica, Nicaea, and Armenia make for a fun dynamic as well.
I'm slightly worried for Islam though, some very strong Christian neighbours.

(Oh yeah, independent Wales and Estonia, and the Dutch Order :3:)

Ogianres
Oct 21, 2008
Do you plan to retain Spanish unification? If so, will you just have one generic decision or mutliple possibilities to simulate different combinations?

Will Armenia have the inclination/claim to fight the other nearby kingdoms for Emperor of Byzantium?

The Celts seem somewhat secure; will they get any special missions/decisions other than the standard "Unify Ireland"? Maybe have them all get missions to vassalize/annex/PU eachother?

What will Bulgaria be focusing on? They probably aren't Greek enough to go for Byzantium, but it's possible. Maybe give them stuff to do for them and Hungary to keep eachother under control.

Is Sweden still Sami-ruled? If so does that actually matter or will the Swedish royalty just start speaking Swedish as the more prestigious/moneyed culture?

Do Thessalonica and Nicaea have claims on eachother independent of their common claims to Byzantium?

Italy obviously wants to annex the Pope. What does the Pope want to do to stop it? Excommunicate Italy and rally Christendom? Join the HRE as a counterbalance against Italy?

Most importantly; will we be seeing more of the Unnamed?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ogianres posted:

Do you plan to retain Spanish unification? If so, will you just have one generic decision or mutliple possibilities to simulate different combinations?

One Christian, one Muslim union tag.

Ogianres posted:

Will Armenia have the inclination/claim to fight the other nearby kingdoms for Emperor of Byzantium?

Hmm, good question. Not sure it really makes sense for them to want to be Byzantium - they're the Armenian Empire.

Ogianres posted:

The Celts seem somewhat secure; will they get any special missions/decisions other than the standard "Unify Ireland"? Maybe have them all get missions to vassalize/annex/PU eachother?

Haven't thought of anything specifically Celtic, feel free to make suggestions.

Ogianres posted:

What will Bulgaria be focusing on? They probably aren't Greek enough to go for Byzantium, but it's possible. Maybe give them stuff to do for them and Hungary to keep eachother under control.

Seems like they will be wanting to fight Hungary and expand into the Crimea.

Ogianres posted:

Is Sweden still Sami-ruled? If so does that actually matter or will the Swedish royalty just start speaking Swedish as the more prestigious/moneyed culture?

No, the Sami dynasty didn't last long unfortunately.

Ogianres posted:

Do Thessalonica and Nicaea have claims on eachother independent of their common claims to Byzantium?

No.

Ogianres posted:

Italy obviously wants to annex the Pope. What does the Pope want to do to stop it? Excommunicate Italy and rally Christendom? Join the HRE as a counterbalance against Italy?

I have a plan for this, but not gonna give it away - you'll have to wait and see.

Ogianres posted:

Most importantly; will we be seeing more of the Unnamed?

Maybe (yes).

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Here's a fairly straightforward idea: Egypt used to be a Crusader kingdom until you conquered it from the North, right? So let's have a Christian kingdom survive to the South in Sudan, as a replacement / forecast of what in the real timeline would be Catholic Ethiopia two centuries later.

Also, did I read correctly in the map that you created Lübeck ex novo? Why not have independent, republican Gotland be the foremost Baltic trade power instead? (because small islands are a terrible position for a merchant power, ok, but Lübeck would not have been so hot without the Stecknitz Canal either, which in this reality might well never have been built)

NihilCredo fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Aug 20, 2011

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
I think it'd be interesting to have Silla's wars of unification for Corea fail for once. Basically make a variation of this.

Some variations in the new world would also be cool.

Gorgo Primus fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Aug 20, 2011

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Please tell me you are going to use Burgundy's awesome EU3 flag instead of the uglier alternatives.

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.

Ogianres posted:

What will Bulgaria be focusing on? They probably aren't Greek enough to go for Byzantium, but it's possible.

A Bulgarian dynasty ran the empire for quite some time, they might feel attached to the notion.

Edit: Bah, point's irrelevant.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Will Russia still be able to unify as usual?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

NihilCredo posted:

Also, did I read correctly in the map that you created Lübeck ex novo? Why not have independent, republican Gotland be the foremost Baltic trade power instead? (because small islands are a terrible position for a merchant power, ok, but Lübeck would not have been so hot without the Stecknitz Canal either, which in this reality might well never have been built)

I felt like it made sense for a Hansa to emerge in the current situation. Gotland as a center of trade really isn't very plausible.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Kavak posted:

Will Russia still be able to unify as usual?

Yeah.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Is Burgundy really going to be that powerful in conversion, I seem to recall that the southeastern part of France doesn't exactly have the best provinces. You could always split off some vassals so they at least take a few years to work their way to the top of the heap within the Empire.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

RabidWeasel posted:

Is Burgundy really going to be that powerful in conversion, I seem to recall that the southeastern part of France doesn't exactly have the best provinces. You could always split off some vassals so they at least take a few years to work their way to the top of the heap within the Empire.

I honestly think they will be fine within the empire, they have a couple good provinces but they're no stronger than Austria is in vanilla EU3.

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
What is the religion on Andalusia?

I can see a lot of round shields there so are they a mega-granada? Sounds like a fun nation to play.

Also, haha, holy gently caress Italy annexed Venice when I wasn't paying attention.

Are they going to start with those two big CoTs? Ligura + Venice is going to give Italy pretty much infinite money.
Maybe Burgundy should get a CoT instead of Liguria. In Provence, perhaps?

Also, it would make sense if all the Dutch nations traded together in a single CoT. But which one would get it? Brabant is looking strong enough to force others to trade in a league it could own but coastal CoT are more likely and Brabant doesn't have a lot of coast.

I'm liking this map a lot.

As for the rest of the world, my suggestion is: Try to not have an Asia that's just a lot of hordes on top of each other.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
Center of Trades should be: Venice, Tuscany, Riga, Friesland, London, Burgundy, Lisboa, Alexandria, Fars, Thessaloniki, Lubeck, Astrakhan.

Also, there should be a more stable and benevolent empire in Central America to replace the Aztecs and a large, imperialist Iroquois empire stretching from Quebec to Virginia.

Also Africa should have a large and powerful Zimbabwe Empire in the south.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
If Samogitia and Estonia are pagan, it could be cool. You know, since Sweden didn't get Finland until late, maybe they should still be pagan and force the Swedes into missionary work.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Have any notable provinces changed culture yet?

The dynamics between the Two Greek states and the Catholic Puppet Empire looks like it could have a lot of potential.

theblastizard posted:

Please tell me you are going to use Burgundy's awesome EU3 flag instead of the uglier alternatives.
Cross of Burgundy flag :allears:

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Awesome, I can't wait for EU. One question, does Switzerland exist, or is it all Triol now?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Given Italy's already-united status, will they be given impetus to become a colonial power ala Castille, England, Portgual, etc? Or are they going to zero in on the Pope only?

Servant
Aug 3, 2010

... so you see, following that the will of the People cannot be reasonably interpreted down to the individual level, a legitimate government should operate purely through coin-flips...

Proposition Joe posted:

Also, there should be a more stable and benevolent empire in Central America to replace the Aztecs and a large, imperialist Iroquois empire stretching from Quebec to Virginia.

And then the last North American power bloc should be the Comanche Empire, a trading/raiding Tribal Federation in the US Southwest.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Awesome, I can't wait for EU. One question, does Switzerland exist, or is it all Triol now?

Burgundy owns all of Switzerland pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Wiz posted:

I felt like it made sense for a Hansa to emerge in the current situation. Gotland as a center of trade really isn't very plausible.

Well, Visby was a major trading center for a long time. It isn't totally implausible.

• Locked thread